March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[M][C/Lutgarde] Legendary Rodeo
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 3:48:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The story of Terastal replicas of rare Pokémon appearing within the depths of Area Zero was too enticing for Shalin to resist. She had captured several Pokémon by ambushing them, mounting them, and holding on for dear life as she resisted being flung off their backs. She had once tested that strength against the Chien-Pao of The Border, ultimately coming up short of making the snow cat her own.

She wanted another chance at it.

Seated on her Type: Null, Shalin stared down into the cloud layer keeping Area Zero hidden from all but the most astute vision. "Got a favorite legendary Pokémon?" she casually asked her fellow explorer, Lathiel stepping closer to the edge to get a better look at what was beyond the clouds.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 19:45:29 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde has mounted Oreo for the current trip, seeing as Shalin chose to saddle one of her own many quadrupedals. Sylv is also loafing comfortably in front of the saddle, but his comfortable stance is a lie to the attentive eyes - he knows of the dangers of the region, even if they're, today, not on duty for that.

"Hmm, a favourite?" they echo, wondering. Legendaries have never been of much consideration for them - they all seemed to distant to their day-to-day that they probably don't even know that many, unless some urban myth is tied to them. (They really loved urban mythologies, the whisper of the streets.) "I think I've always thought of ... Xerneas? as quite neat," they eventually say. "What about you?"

In Hoenn, too, it seems like legends are way, way more real than they used to be in Kalos, at least for them. It seems impossible here not to get mixed up somehow in whatever shakes the region at the moment.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 5:14:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin looked a bit confused, not being familiar with the Kalosian myths. "Which one is that?" she asked, having never been exposed to the horrors that 's Patron inflicted upon Mauville's Gym Leader at Dewford's resurfaced island. "Haven't heard of that myth before." Were Lutgarde to elaborate, Shalin would quickly become interested.

Once they were done, Shalin would answer her own question. "My favorite is Keldeo of the Swords of Justice. I've actually met Hoenn's Keldeo, and they were... a lot smaller than the Unovan legends depicted them to be." Perhaps the Terastal mists would be able to bring the Keldeo she knew of to life. Who knew what would form from them? Perhaps even a Pokémon they had never seen before.

Shalin gently tapped Lathiel's sides, the Type: Null starting to walk toward the entrance to the Giant Chasm's lower level. "Ready to head inside and beneath the cloud layer?"

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 20:46:11 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
"The myth's quite well-known in Kalos," Lutgarde replies to Shalin's confusion, and explains further, "It's forming a duo, sort of, with Yveltal, and they both maintain the balance between life and death. Xerneas has the ... well, more favourable job of being sort of a lifebringer? In our village, we had a really old tree which supposedly has been touched by Xerneas before. Have not ever seen it myself, however," they add, looking ahead - tera crystals en masse, capable of even terastallising Sylv without a Tera Orb.

As Shalin shares her favourite legend, it's up to Lutgarde to be in the unknown. "The Swords of Justice?" they ask, curious. "Reminds me of the dog with the sword I saw with Josh in the simulation the other day ..." they ponder. Would this be similiar? They chuckle a bit at Shalin's remark about its size, nodding in agreement, "Who knows? Guess we got to find out."

Oreo's neighing softly as they approach the entrance to the cavern, seemingly on high alert. Lutgarde pats their shoulder reassuringly, before nodding. "Let's head in and see what we'll find!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 2:15:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had been used to hearing legends about Pokémon that were dominant over an element. Lightning, fire, water, or wind. Those were the ones her Johtonian heritage made her most familiar with. But to have dominion over life and death itself? That was power unlike anything Shalin had ever considered. Could a human even use that kind of power responsibly?

Perhaps that was why the gods were so reluctant to ally with humans.

"Yes, specifically their apprentice, Keldeo," Shalin clarified. "With his Hydro Pump attacks coming from his hooves, he's gotta be one of the fastest, scariest, most scream-your-lungs-out rides in the world!"

With that, Shalin and her Type: Null steed led the way beneath the cloud layer and to the Terastal Caverns. The crystals within gleamed unusually bright, and for an ominous reason: a Flutter Mane in their path was using one to Terastallize into a Fairy-type! Stretching its pink tendrils toward them, it looked like it could attack at any moment!

{PC: 3}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights