Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 5:15:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
As Adrian approaches the table he realizes it's a healthy change of pace. A womanly figure has already been seated, and as he takes his own he can just barely get the words out: "Sorry to keep you waiting; I got caught up at the last table. Some Wooloo was actually eating my shoe..."

Taking a moment to recline against the chair, Adrian's slow to the introductions. "M'Adrian. It's nice to make your acquaintance, ...?" He makes a prolonged pause as he awaits the lady, hoping she'll seize the chance to fill in the blank.

Before going any further he grasps for a refreshment, mostly just to excuse himself for lacking in conversation. It's been an... experience, and yet he's begun to feel like a broken record.

Just a classy cat living its best life.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 4:59:15 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Finally, a fresh face.[break][break]

“Bailey Cooper. It's a pleasure,” and she wondered if the newcomer's face would spark with recognition. Without her iconic jacket and sunglasses, she could blend into the public without being harassed—not that she really was. As an Elite Four member, she had been told that she was the least approachable.[break][break]

Whatever the fuck that meant.[break][break]

“What's a Wooloo? One of those galar pokemon?” She took a long sip from her glass of water, hearing the clicking of the ice cubes. “I haven't kept up with the new influx.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 1:08:24 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I believe so, yeah." Adrian had only found out it was flicking through his phone under the table while Alexei and him were chatting. He'd gone to school in Rustboro, so he was a bit bothered by not being able to identify it at first. "They're rather cute, if you can overlook their choice of diet."

Snorting through his nose, he'd hide behind the glass he quickly brought to his parched lips.

"I've been glued to my phone ever since the embargo lifted," Adrian admitted his lack of familiarity with the Galarian species. And yet it offered something exciting to look forward to, even if it chafed him to feel so ignorant of pokemon.

"Even bagged a few new breeds myself." Corviknight, by far, was one of his favorite species. He'd even gotten a few by gambling with Gacha, although they mostly remained in his storage.

"How about you? What keeps you busy?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 7:17:00 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

“I got two of 'em just recently,” and she retrieved her cellphone from her purse, just to quickly turn through her recent photos.[break][break]

When she flashed the phone to him, it was the image of her holding up a Sandaconda as if it were a shotgun—both nostrils pointed to the camera, both trainer and pokemon bearing a cocky expression. “I caught this sucker the other week. I think it's... like, what? A Galarian.... Ekans?”[break][break]

No. No it was not.[break][break]

“He's cute. I haven't picked a name for him yet,” and that was for the best, because her nicknames were awful.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 20:26:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I think I've seen one of those before," he said with mild surprise and intrigue. He actually hadn't, it was a Silicobra, but it was related to Sandaconda. He might've been able to tell from the pigmentation and pattern, or maybe it was those green slit eyes. Either way, he admired their selfie.

"That's a great picture; you should submit that somewhere," he insisted. It really looked just like a shotgun, or a double-barrel leaf blower.

Listening to them dote over their pokemon, finding conflict in deciding on nicknames; it all was very familiar to him. "I know what you mean. But it's fun too, even if the names I pick are often..." Adrian wouldn't deign to finish his sentiment, instead offering a bit of a shrug accompanied by a grimacing frown. Sometimes trainers just shouldn't be allowed to name their pokemon. Not everyone was a nomenclature major.

"Still deciding on a name for my Greninja," he offered to the conversation. "So far I've just taken to calling him Frogger." Not very original.

But it gave him a laugh every time he said it, and to Adrian that counted for something in a temporary name. Greninja might feel differently...

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:01:17 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“What? No, Frogger totally works.”[break][break]

She would take a small sip of her water, seeming to engage with the conversation as it switched to a topic she rarely spoke about: pokemon nicknames. “Like, I get it, it's cool to give your pokemon the badass name, but...” her finger would dance against the rim of the glass, “is that always what they want? Plenty of pokemon love the silly names, especially if it's what you pick—they don't always want a legit name.”[break][break]

A nickname was just that—a nickname. It could be silly. It could be goofy.[break][break]

“Well, I guess some pokemon might, but I haven't met any—shit, my Hitmonchan still wants to be called Punchy. I named him that when I was eight, when he was a Tyrogue.”[break][break]

Chubs would smile at her observation, as if it conjured fond memories that the Spheal wished he could travel back to.[break][break]

Or he was happy because Bailey scooted the small bowl of chocolate candies in his direction; there was one situated in the middle of every table, and the red foil had to be pealed away to show the chocolate heart inside.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 4:57:19 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I get ya, Miser here's sort of an inbetween," his Persian would jump into his lap, forcing him to run his fingers through its silky pink ears which he adored. "Named him 'cause of how much he liked to swipe the things didn' belong to 'em." He turns a softened scowl at the beast, but it simply laps up the attention, refusing to acknowledge any negativity he might direction it.

Digging deep with his scritching, Adrian notices some of the tables dispersing. It must be about that time again. Would that they could continue, but as it was advertised, this was a speed dating event. And he was overdue for his next table.

"It's been a pleasure," he offers Bailey while bringing their conversation to a close, giving a smile that reached his eyes. "Hopefully my next table's as laid back. I'm tired of fakin' through all this freakin' etiquette..." He shrugged, rising in order to take his leave.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
mambo number five [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 4:25:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Time was up. The third round was already over, cutting their pleasant chit-chat to a close.[break][break]

“Yeah, thanks for the breather,” and as she scooped Chubs away from the bowl of chocolate treats, Bailey spared Adrian a half-smirk. “There's just a few more of these to go.”[break][break]

At an adjacent table, she could hear loud gasping. Her head would pivot in time just to catch the image of getting some Valentine's love.[break][break]

“Huh? The fuck are we doing wrong?” She'd say as a closing joke. “Anyway, have a good one.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES