thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 12:20:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Where Adrian stands in opposition, Gavin is relaxed and composed. The question prompts a faint twitch of his lip, though he is not quick in answering.

"Scotch," he calls to the bartender, and thumbs lazily toward his 'guest'. "His drinks are on the house."

The man behind the bar squints toward as if attempting to identify him, then shrugs and busies himself with their drinks. If he has any qualms with Gavin's demand, they aren't voiced. By the time the underboss lights a cigarette and takes his first, long drag, their drinks are delivered — the service is notably quicker than what's given to the other patrons, only some of whom seem to mind.

"I know a strong trainer when I see one." Golden amber levels with red, Gavin's gaze piercing. "You might've won that match if you pushed Arcanine more."

He tips back the scotch, letting it burn down his throat.
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 13:04:16 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-adm1]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
recruitment: act i

[attr=class,lyric1]
i can't outrun the

[attr=class,lyric2]
devil i've become

[attr=class,bulk]"Yeah right," Adrian spat back at him. "I've pushed that pokemon further than most," he barks back at Gavin, seething at the notion Adrian misguided his pokemon. "Arcanine was outclassed and outmatched; your Lycanroc played right into our strategy, and it still didn't make a difference. That's not even to speak of the inherent disadvantages." One might've thought it would be cathartic to say these things aloud, that they might make you feel better, but they only served to aggravate Adrian further. Because while he disagreed with Gavin on their match, he absolutely believed in the idea of an Arcanine that could've won; Howitzer. With all of his mind and heart he believed this to be the truth.[break][break]

And if it had helped him achieve clarity on anything, it was that...[break][break]

Sirius was a pretender. A weak link. He couldn't claim what Howitzer was.[break][break]

"It's insulting to say that we could've won. But I guess you like to give fellas a good stroke before you hit them with whatever you're pitchin'," he rebuked before drowning out his words behind his glass of liquor. He placed it back against the counter with a sudden clank, his tone overtly curt. "So hit me with it already," he mouthed, breath reeking of alcohol. "Tell me what's worth giving some stranger a couple of free drinks and a personal pep talk from...?"[break][break]

They weren't even on a first name basis. Adrian would save the friendly banter for when such a time passed, if ever it did, and not a moment sooner.[break][break]

The second shot was already chasing after the first as he awaited a response, eyes narrowed on Gavin, harsh and piercing. The ball was in their court.[break][break]

Oh, god, I hope he doesn't want to f@#% me. You can never be too sure.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-adm1credit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .accentbg"]background: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .accentborder"]border-color: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline a, .punkianger-adm1 .bulk b, .punkianger-adm1 .bulk i, .punkianger-adm1credit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image"]background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/jMhjNd.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1credit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1credit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 13:43:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
If he's at all bothered by Adrian's vitriol, it doesn't show. Gavin lets him rant, draining the remainder of his glass and watching curls of smoke dance between them.

"I know a strong trainer when I see one," Gavin repeats, deliberate, when at last the conversation is turned back to him. The steady rumble of his tone has not shifted in spite of the other's ire. "You are strong. But I am stronger, Lycanroc is stronger because I've trained it to be. You took note, I assume, of its recklessness? Deliberate."

Gavin signals for a refill of his drink and sips this one slow.

"I keep tabs on those with potential. I've had my eye on you for a while, ." It is not the first time they've met, though the other times may have seemed insignificant to the ranger. Not so to Gavin, whose radar has long since grown to encompass a potential rogue element. Empirio had set a dangerous fire; that Adrian had used an Arcanine to battle him was not lost on the Rocket. "I'm afraid I'm not the only one paying attention."

He slides a dossier across the bar, dim light catching on a dangerous smile. The League was closing in, but so were they.
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 4:44:37 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
i can't outrun the

[attr=class,lyric2]
devil i've become

[attr=class,bulk]Knitting his brow in frustration, Adrian tried to compose himself, though he finds himself anxiously staring at the parcel. What is he even going on about, Adrian finds himself asking angrily. What did anyone have on him? Slipping through the folder's contents, he's regretfully met with a pang of remembrance:[break][break]

[break]

Flipping through some of the contents, sifting through his recollections and recognizing them being mirrored in the material he's sorting through. They're investigating those deaths? Maybe they just think it's related to the Megalopolans... Wishful thinking was hardly what he needed right now, and already he'd considering lawyering up, but then again, just leaving the country might make more sense... Was he already being watched, though? And not just by this guy, but the League as well?[break][break]

"And here I thought I wasn't popular enough to have whacko stalkers," Adrian sets down the folder, having seen enough of the data to realize what was going on. "This is pretty fucked, man," he's gotta be burnt. Charred. Smoldering. But this is the part where the lawyer tells you to shut the fuck up, so he kept a stiff lip and neglected to say much else to avoid incriminating himself.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline a, .punkianger-adm1 .bulk b, .punkianger-adm1 .bulk i, .punkianger-adm1credit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image"]background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/jMhjNd.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1 .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-adm1credit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2021 19:46:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Anger radiates from even as he scans the files in silence; that he continues to read instead of dismissing the documents suggests to Gavin that, yes, their intel was good.

"Stalkers?" Gavin's lips purse with suppressed amusement. "No. I have a robust intelligence network to keep me in the loop. You've made waves in our underground," and he gestures to the cage, repopulated with the next proponents of bloody battle, "and that attracts attention. Someone told me you were here."

He's either attempting to be reassuring, or offering a firm reminder that watchful eyes were everywhere in Hoenn.

"I can offer assistance," he says, and savours a slow sip of scotch. "If the League ever gets too close for your comfort."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 11:07:59 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
i can't outrun the

[attr=class,lyric2]
devil i've become

[attr=class,bulk]Gavin confirmed his worst fears. His actions in the service of Yveltal had attracted unwanted attention, though he was perhaps for a time free of suspicion. But how long could it last? Adrian could already feel himself squirming in his skin.[break][break]

Though offering him aid would at first seem generous, Adrian is loathe to accept it, sensing this to be where there was a 'catch'. He'd been trying to sniff it out for awhile now. And that, aside from the nature of his transgressions, made him rather uneasy with anyone who would turn a blind eye to such acts. Just where exactly was he, if not some run-of-the-mill battle hut? How deep was this place, and Gavin, into the sordid affairs of Slateport's undercity?[break][break]

And how much did they know about such dealings? Were their influence truly so expansive, then might not have they been aware, if not involved in...—[break][break]

This is the break he's been looking for, but there's an aura of danger as he's approaching the possibility of the truth. Yveltal, prone to interfering, has begun to take conscious interest in Adrian's present affair. Smothering like a heavy miasma, its presence is obvious to Adrian, who it uses to peer through the waking world and see Gavin for what he truly was... his life... his soul...
[break][break]

"A year ago, the League ran an op to intercept illegally imported pokemon in Slateport's lower district," his tone betrays a seething malfeasance as he rushes over the syllables to reach his point. Narrowed amber spheres housing black orbs leer at Gavin with brazen disdain, though glinting in the light of a ray of hope as he sees an opportunity to glean the culprit behind Howitzer's untimely demise.[break][break]

"An Arcanine was killed, happened on your doorstep... Know anything of it?"[break][break]

[break]

His pointed interrogation will leave Gavin with an obvious impression: Adrian distrusts them outright, and within reason, suspects them of the potential for involvement in the aforementioned incident. Rather than rushing to make such conclusions however, he errs on the side of caution, allowing them a moment to rebuke. But even with Adrian remaining civil enough to speak peaceably, his mind is made up. Whatever Gavin is proposing, he's not interested in the slightest.[break][break]

The current board simply didn't allow such a high stakes move. And yet for what it was worth, Gavin had left an invaluable impression on the trainer. The seed had thus been planted, and while Gavin still held his leverage over Adrian, he had certain assurances Adrian wouldn't run his mouth about alleged misconduct.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 10:04:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's hit a nerve, able to pinpoint the exact moment their terse discussion becomes something more, something the other is invested in.

"My doorstep?" He might've laughed if not for the frenzied look in 's eyes. "I'm afraid I only frequent Slateport for business; my doorstep is halfway across Hoenn. No one here gives a shit about the League's meddling as long as they stay above ground," and he gestures vaguely around the bar, "but I could certainly look into for you."

He's out for vengeance, then. Unfortunate.

It would be hard to sway the man to their cause without result, and Gavin knows it would mean giving up one agent for a mere shot at another. He'd never been a fan of Empirio, had a strong distaste for the man's love of violence, but to betray a fellow Rocket was not something he did without cause. Should their volatile agent slip up, however, this would be kept in mind.

"You can contact me through these details." He slips another record over to the incensed man. "It will only work once. Consider it for emergencies only. If I learn anything about the Arcanine, I'll find you."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2021 6:50:58 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
i can't outrun the

[attr=class,lyric2]
devil i've become

[attr=class,bulk]Adrian wore an ugly grimace at his host's response, wondering if there wasn't anything they were withholding, but he could only guess at that. He didn't have a stake in chasing maybes every which way; one day he would find them. He'd just keep trying until such a time, and having followed this crumb trail to its conclusion, Adrian was eager to disembark elsewhere to begin his search anew. Yet Gavin would slip something to him meant to be kept. It was a phone number, and a rather forgettable one. Good thing he was keeping the note.[break][break]

The Beast's conscious presence recedes when the lead hits a dead end, the creature undoubtedly resuming one of its many other thankless tasks.[break][break]

"..." Adrian wasn't the sort to take numbers from strange guys, excepting they were selling him something, and he wasn't exactly picking up what this guy was putting down. While it's a good faith gesture at its surface, any sort of favor he called in would only serve to leave him indebted. But nothing's stopping him from never calling... so he snatches the parchment, one-time number and all.[break][break]

His nod is curt yet affirming. "Alrighty then... if that's all," he said, glowering.[break][break]

"I'm going to go now." Whatever welcome he'd gotten had been worn out by his incendiary language. Besides, there were better places to be, though he would've liked to win one more match before turning out for the night.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 1:04:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin smiles; the gesture doesn't reach his eyes, and he seems wholly unbothered by the attitude and disinterest of his reluctant guest. A pale hand gestures toward the exit.

"By all means."

Where Rocket had once played with blackmail and imprisonment, the recruitment process has since evolved to be patient, careful. Like spiders in webs they wait for their prey to fly too close and ensnare themselves of their own volition.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the devil you know [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 2:03:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: