he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 1:39:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo Kino

A brief overview
  • 13 years old (soon to be 14)
  • 4'8.5" (143.5cm), 73 lbs (33.1kg)
  • Currently running the Littleroot Ordeal Gym. Had previously ran away from home to do the Gym Circuit.
  • Youngest of 5 siblings; eldest brother is a ranger, eldest sister is with rocket (family is unaware of such), 2nd sister is a NEET, 2nd brother is a trainer
  • Very sociable, very friendly, but has recently become more withdrawn due to recent events.
  • Big about physical contact; headpats accepted, more intimate physical contact requires familiarity.
  • Pretends he doesn't hold grudges; does
  • Chronic striped-shirt-wearer; unaware of such
  • Completely blind

Relationships
Friends
Very easy for him to make; his default approach is friendly and he tries his best to avoid offending people. He always tends towards an optimistic approach to any situation, always aiming for a peaceful solution, and he's always willing to offer what help he can to others.  This even applies to Pokemon - he'll aim to befriend them rather than have his own beat them into submission.
On the flip side, it's fairly easy to befriend him; treat him nicely, give him more freedom than he's used to (pretty easy), and don't coddle him because of his disability.  He just wants to be treated like an equal, like any other trainer out there.
But don't expect him to give his full trust to anyone he meets; he does try to gauge what the other person's intentions are, and he's careful not to share too much too quickly.  He's kind, but he isn't dumb (for his age).

Enemies
He doesn't go out of his way to make enemies, and will try to patch things up if he feels he's the one at fault, but there comes a point where he'll realize that there's just nothing good to come from someone.  He's most likely to just ignore or avoid them if possible, and very rarely takes any direct action against them.  People that push him will find out that's he's very skilled at verbal combat, spitting out sass and hidden attacks when he can and feigning innocence when they push back.  Still, he won't go out of his way to badmouth people he doesn't like behind their backs unless they're really bad people.
Trying to convince him to go back home is a quick way to get on his bad side; he's dead-set on going through with it no matter what, so if someone tries to send him back with words or by force, will find he will respond in kinmd

Love?
No.  He is thirteen and pure.  Trying to pursue this with him is a quick way to get into contact with whoever the Hoenn-equivalent of Chris Hansen is.

Plot Hooks
  • Search for Azelf: Hideo has been trying to find where Azelf is, while also trying to stay discrete about his search and possessing Uxie (due to everyone he's talked to telling him to be discrete). He's been desperately looking for people to even confide in, trying to keep this under wraps from both Rocket and the League. Any help would be appreciated, even if he can just talk to people about it.
  • Littleroot Gym Leader: Hideo recently became the Gym Leader in Littleroot, making him the youngest Gym Leader in Hoenn. He's known as a friendly Leader, and he's yet to take any actions against Rocket within this role (and it's unclear if the League would even deploy him in such a manner), there's plenty of room for him to interact with people that are aware of his new role.
  • Littleroot Shenanigans: As the Gym Leader of Littleroot, Hideo spends a lot of time in and around the small town. If anyone needs help in the area, there's a good chance he could lend a hand.
  • Just How Did He Get His Approval?: It wasn't much secret that Hideo had run away from home to start the Gym Circuit, and anyone that's talked to him knows he didn't have the best relationship with his parents. Yet somehow, he managed to get their approval for him to run a Gym. It's an oddity that some may try to investigate, one he isn't too keen on them looking into.
  • A Place to Rest: Hideo's Gym was built as a place not only to learn, but also for people to go if they're in a tough spot or just need somewhere safe to be. Any character needing that moment of peace, whether League or Rocket, can find such at his Gym; just note that his Psychic Pokemon are adept at spotting anyone arriving with ill intentions - and removing them.
  • A Boy and his Amalgamation: Hideo recently acquired a Type:Null, courtesy of his Shadow Alakazam putting it together without his knowledge. He's gradually trying to train it, but it's notably unruly and violent. It's possible someone might find it when it's out of control, or perhaps know how to help him calm it.

LAIKA OF THQ
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 17:40:23 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Hey! So I’d love to do some crazy dangerous mission with your blind 11-year-old child lol, but if you’re willing, maybe we could lead into it with a more normal social thread first?

Here’s my thinking: Chryssa also suffered from a pretty severe disability as a child, and would actually super empathize with Hideo’s wish to be treated like a normal person. I think she’d take that feeling, project hard, and take it to the extreme and drag the kid after her into what she perceives as the ultimate test of capability. “We’ll show them. You can do anything, and we’re going to prove it.” Insert some crazy mission. End, Chryssa doesn’t get to do babysitting duty ever again.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 18:58:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Mmmm, yes, I love that idea!  Hideo's always glad to get treated more like an equal, and he could definitely relate to her (past) disability.  I can see him being very easily taking in by her charisma and going along with her on a mission a newbie trainer really shouldn't be doing.  I don't mind going straight into missions, but if you want to do a social thread first (or concurrently with the mission) we can do that.  It's easy enough for the two to meet; she could be hired to help mentor/babysit him.

Now, as for what we could do (that Hideo could get away with), For The SwarmYou're Not The One, and Wooloo Who Cry Wolf are definitely possibilities (I was thinking about Ruin Raiders, but couldn't think of a good excuse for him to get away with doing it).  If you got any other suggestions for missions they could take, go right ahead.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 0:30:59 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Lovely! I’d still rather lead into it with a quick social thread if you’re willing, but I think the bug-type swarm one would be the most dramatic! If you want a farm Pokémon I’m perfectly willing to go that route as well, though.

I’m happy to start a thread in slateport if you want, or you can!
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 1:57:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Sounds like a plan! I'm fine with us doing a social starter first (we can still use my suggestion regarding mentorship) if you want. And yeah, we could do the bug mission - it's definitely got potential for more drama and it'll let me evolve his Spinarak for free.

You can start the thread in slateport I'll start the mission.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 1:49:12 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar
Hideo was a blast to thread with, really fun character to interact with! Hope to do it again soon!
close tab

played by

Gray

he/she (genderfluid)
November 17
Driftveil City
questioning
trainer
civilian
45 height
45 height
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cardamombliss
Cardamom Bliss
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 11:49:45 GMT
Cardamom Bliss Avatar
So I'm wondering if you're still up for HST threads with Hideo? I want to do a tag battle with Cardamom and their big brother, and I was thinking that if Hideo's trainer brother is around, that could make for a fun double-sibling tag battle? Also I think Hideo is adorable in general and would love a chance for Cardamom to interact with him even outside a tournament battle.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 23:32:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

Soooo I already have the tag battle endeavor covered with one of my battles, but I'm up for another tournament match. If you want to cover an endeavor, we could do a double battle if you want. Or we could do a plain-old battle.

We can talk about non-combat stuff after the star tournament is over (so much threading lmao).
close tab

played by

Gray

he/she (genderfluid)
November 17
Driftveil City
questioning
trainer
civilian
45 height
45 height
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cardamombliss
Cardamom Bliss
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 2:54:41 GMT
Cardamom Bliss Avatar
Oh yeah there's so much threading to do for the tournament. I don't have a triple or rotation battle lined up yet, and I also need the "encounter a z-move" endeavor. I'd probably be using my recently captured Metang as well so I can get the recoil damage!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 23:48:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
We could def do a triple battle if you want, since I got that open too. However, Hideo only has 1 pokemon that can use a z-move, and it's already been used in another thread, so I got that covered.

We can get the triple-battle endeavor covered.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 12:56:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
You can start it. Though I do want to ask if you want to roll for who wins/loses at the beginning and work off that - it's what I'd prefer to do.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 0:13:02 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[googlefont="Tangerine"][googlefont="Lato"][googlefont="Oswald"]
[attr="class","mainbox"]
[attr="class","innerbox"]
[attr="class","heading"] &&

[attr="class","subs"]friends
[attr="class","content"]
Unsure how much they’ll remember of each other post GG. Anyway he’s taking the gym circuit so I could see him taking on Hideo’s gym. Would definitely be surprised he’s a gym leader. Not because he’s blind but because he’s a kid. Would also think he’s trying to grow up to fast by being gym leader and would think he should act more like a kid. Ignoring the fact he doesn’t act like much a kid himself.

[newclass=".mainbox"]width:400px;padding:10px;border:solid 10px #cecece;background-color:#dedede;color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".heading"]font-family:'Tangerine', bold;font-size:40px;text-align:center;border-bottom:solid 1px #949494;[/newclass]
[newclass=".innerbox"]background-color:#fff;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subs"]font-family:'Oswald', bold;font-size:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".content"]font-family:'Lato', sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:justify;color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[googlefont="Tangerine"][googlefont="Lato"][googlefont="Oswald"]
[attr="class","mainbox"]
[attr="class","innerbox"]
[attr="class","heading"] &&

[attr="class","subs"]acquaintances/possible friends?
[attr="class","content"]
Here’s someone who wouldn’t be able to understand why he left his home. That is if he ever found out about it. Definitely wouldn’t treat him differently because he’s blind. Will still be blunt with him. Right now he’s training to be ranger but he does have interest in the gym challenge. And I could see him taking on the gyms when he has more Pokémon on his team. So far he only has his two starter Pokémon. Though if you want them to meet soon then they could maybe do missions together as long as they’re not ranger missions. Since I still have him as a rookie. But I’m open to doing none ranger missions with him. Fair warning though he’ll be a bit stiff around him until he gets to know him more. Due to his upbringing he’s a bit jaded and distrusting of those around him.

[newclass=".mainbox"]width:400px;padding:10px;border:solid 10px #cecece;background-color:#dedede;color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".heading"]font-family:'Tangerine', bold;font-size:40px;text-align:center;border-bottom:solid 1px #949494;[/newclass]
[newclass=".innerbox"]background-color:#fff;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subs"]font-family:'Oswald', bold;font-size:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".content"]font-family:'Lato', sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:justify;color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 23:16:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

I'm fine with them remembering each other from Goodbye Galar, even if just faintly. Hideo's going to forget a lot (he was there for longer than he's been alive) but there can be hints that he knows Absalom from somewhere.

And feel free to sign up for Hideo's Gym! It's got open slots (for traditional atm). Hideo accepts all challengers! (that League are fine with him battling).

I'm always down to take some more missions (gotta work for that sygna suit). Hideo's pretty flexible with who he works with as long as they don't actively look down on him. If there's any missions you'd prefer, feel free to suggest them.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights