Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
don't give your kids to strangers [mission; closed]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 19:41:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Serandipity was terrible.

Chu-e was minding his own business, dozing on a bench and waiting for his young cohort to come back from some shopping. Pompom was sitting on his lap and Breezy was sitting on his head, the two pokemon calm and relaxed and just enjoying their time. Then this woman walked up.

A toddler was shoved in Chu-e's arms.

"I have to pee. I'll be back in ten." The woman was young and gave Chu-e a look like he was dirt under her heels or something. Before he could really process what had just happened to try and protest, she had already walked off and was inside one of the stores nearby.

Chu-e blinked down at the toddler. The toddler blinked back.

The toddler grabbed onto his nose and pulled hard.

"Ack!" Being jerked down disturbed Breezy, the Taillow fluttering in the air. He peered at the crowd before finding another suitable head of hair to land one. This unlucky person would soon be roped into this new babysitting nightmare.

close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 20:50:32 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

i'll do what i do, and you will look away

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

So far, Sterling had done good at keeping a low profile. He hadn't even really tried, not as much as he should have. What were people in Hoenn going to do, after all? Laugh him out of the region? They had more to worry about than some actor who would probably be gone in a year or so. The worst he could really think of was someone noticing who he was- and even then, he doubted any rumors would go far.
[break][break]
It was unfortunate that it had taken him so long to come to that conclusion; if anyone could count a week as long. Sterling had, because he didn’t like skulking around with a hood over his head and avoiding eye contact with everyone. Not to mention how he had to avoid crowds for a week. But that was over and done with, and he didn’t have to anymore. It hadn’t taken him long to go shopping, and he had found himself in one of the crowds he had missed.
[break][break]
Which, ironically, had led to his upcoming predicament.
[break][break]
Any other time, he wouldn’t have given the Taillow a second glance. He had noticed it, but it hadn’t been his business at the time, so it had left his mind as soon as he turned away. At least, until it landed on his head.
[break][break]
Sterling hadn’t been expecting it, and the sudden weight of the Taillow elicited an undignified yelp from him. For a moment, he debated shaking it off and going about his day, but a glance proved that the person was still on the bench, and he wouldn’t have to push through people to get over there. So he did, muttering apologies along the way and becoming fully prepared to scold them for not keeping an eye on their Pokemon- even if he hadn’t made an active attempt to disturb said Pokemon.
[break][break]
His thoughts spiraled to a stop when he spotted the toddler, though, and he cleared his throat a bit awkwardly. ”Your Pokemon-“ He tried, although he realized he didn’t have an idea of what to say now.
[break][break]
Acting had been so much easier than this.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 4:34:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
By the time that Sterling got over to Chu-e, he had managed to reclaim his nostrils and pull the kid away from his body. Now his bird was acting a fool on top of this. He just looked up at the guy with a kind of dead look and flat out ignored whatever the hell he was saying.

"This bitch-" He paused, for dramatic effect, like the diva he was at heart. "Gave me her fucking baby." Said 'baby' grabbed at his hair, giving it a hard yank.

"I don't know what to do in this situation." And he looked almost desperately at this stranger who had approached him. "Help."
close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 5:30:46 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]

The poor bastard in front of him seemed to be struggling with the baby- at first, Sterling’s first idea was that some friends or family had left them, ill fitted for babysitting, with a child anyways. That was quickly shoved aside when he spoke, though, ignoring what Sterling had said about the Taillow. And, for now, even he was ignoring it- as much as he could, at least. ”And you don’t know her?”
[break][break]
It was spoken with a bit of a judgmental tone, although not at Chu-e; it wasn’t his fault he had been left with someone’s child, after all. At the plea for help, despite having better things to do (at least, to Sterling), he moved to sit on the bench and held his arms out. He wasn’t exactly prepared to babysit a child, himself, but he could at least make his voice more soothing or something.
[break][break]
”You’re gonna end up teaching the poor kid to say ‘fuck’ or something.” It was lighthearted, and for a moment, he paused. If Chu-e was able to pay enough attention, it was almost like the gears were turning before he spoke up again. ”Wait, actually- Would teaching it to swear be a bad idea?”
[break][break]
Somehow, he doubted there would be much opposition to that.

@pharaohleap
Chu-e Choi Chu-e Choi

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 5:50:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"And I don't know her." Was repeated with a solemn tone. Okay, at least this guy seemed to want to help. Breezy was also delighted by this, as this new guy's hair was very soft and good for nesting.

Chu-e eagerly handed over the drooling two year old to the other man. He had no idea what to do with the kid otherwise. Plus he wanted to keep what hair he had, thank you. He, too, also paused at the suggestion.. suggestion? from the other man. The cogs in his busted little mind were a-turnin'.

"We should teach this kid to say 'fuck'." And his eyes shone. "Teach that dumbass not to leave her kid with strangers." The Igglybuff, which had been watching this go down, seemed to sigh at her trainer's antics. "Ji-Hoon Ki, by the way. Call me Ki."
close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 6:15:26 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]

The minute this stranger confirmed he hadn’t known the woman, Sterling felt much more ready to judge her the second she came back. If he was able to; the toddler was already reaching for his hair the second it was handed over. He managed to avoid it, for the most part, because the last thing he wanted was to have his hair pulled out. He doubted the Pokemon would like it all that much either.
[break][break]
When his sort-of suggestion was approved, he huffed out a laugh; not too loud, because a part of him was still trying not to disturb the ever-reaching toddler in his arms. Really, he had been about to argue his point, but it seemed he didn’t have to. ”What she deserves.”
[break][break]
And then there it was; the introductions. A part of him from a week ago said to not offer his full name, but this stranger- Ji-Hoon Ki- didn’t seem to think anything of him. Even if he did, Sterling doubted he would say much outside of being helped. ”Sterling. Matthews. I would shake your hand, but-“ He did a vague tilt of his head towards the toddler- which was taken as an invitation for the two-year old to grab a fistful of hair.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 6:57:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Breezy made a very sad noise at the kod grabbing his new nest. "Okay. Cool." And since they were on the same page now, Chu-e grabbed the kid's hands and tried to untangle from the other's head. He knew that shit hurt.

"Okay...." And with a much more serious look on his face than needed to be, Chu-e got the kid's attention. "Fuck." Enunciated very clearly. "Can you say that? 'Fuck'." The kid seemed confused but babbled in reply, trying to free it's hands from Chu-e's hold to go back for the nose.

"Fwuh?" It repeated back, confused, and a wicked smile overcame Chu-e's face. Oh, this would be good.
close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 4:26:27 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]

Ki, if he recognized Sterling’s name, didn’t say anything about it, and he inwardly relaxed a little. As much as he could, at least, with the ever-looming threat of the toddler ending up with a handful of hair. He reached, a bit helplessly, to try and untangle the child. He was free, soon enough, and with all his hair, at that- it didn’t mean it hadn’t been painful as fuck, though.
[break][break]
Ki seemed much more serious than he should, considering the situation, and Sterling tried to force down a grin of his own. He mostly succeeded, for a minute, until the toddler repeated the word back at him- mostly. ”Yeah! Fuck!”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 5:50:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Sterling was mostly just lucky that Chu-e was horribly out of date with most pop culture to not recognize him. Maybe someday he would realize who he was, but today was not that day.

He had more important fish to fry right now.

"Fwuuuuh.... Fuuuuuu...." The toddler continued to babble, getting closer and closer to their goal.

"You got this... you can do it... fuck... see? Fuck." There was an eagerness building there. He glanced over at Sterling and grinned wide, mischief dancing in his eyes.
close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 7:48:28 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]

For a moment, there’s the thought that maybe they shouldn’t teach this kid to swear, but he just as quickly pushes it away. If some woman is going to just throw her child at a stranger, then she deserves the struggle of teaching it not to say that.
[break][break]
And then comes the sinking realization that he doesn’t actually know how long they’re going to watch this kid.
[break][break]
He almost interrupts their very important lesson to ask just how long they were going to have to sit there when the toddler babbles again. This time, it almost sounds like their end goal, and he finally laughs then. It’s not as soft as it had been earlier, almost a bark, and he cuts himself off with just a little shame, his question already forgotten.
[break][break]
Shame or no shame, he grins back at Chu-e. Just for a second, before he's turning his attention to the two-year old. He makes an attempt to get its attention, a feeble one. "It's easy, see? Fuck."

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 12:42:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
All at once, the toddler takes in a deep breath.

"FUCK!" It yells, drawing the stares of a few passing people. Chu-e cheers and starts to clap, a show for the kid, who laughs. "Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck!" It's a chant now for the kid, which Chu-e joins in after a moment, keeping pace with the child and not even caring at the weird looks they're garnering. Unlike poor Sterling, he had very little care what people thought of him.

"WHAT are you DOING?!" All at once an enraged voice starts from their left, the child being snatched away. The woman storms off, red in the face, the child still saying 'fuck!' at the top of it's lungs. Chu-e just seems pleased with himself as he tilts his head back to laugh.

"Don't leave your kids with strangers, lady!" He calls at her back. She flips him off and it just makes him bark out another fit of chuckles that quickly devolve into a coughing fit. Even so, he still seems more than happy. Reaching up, he scoops his pokemon out of Sterling's hair and addresses the man. "Thanks for helping me out with that.
close tab

played by

Corvus

Ster
He/him
Twenty-four
February Eleventh
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Actor
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sterling
sterling matthews
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 2:13:11 GMT
sterling matthews Avatar
[nospaces]

When the toddler takes in a breath, Sterling is already preparing himself for the aftermath. That doesn’t stop him from jumping a little, though, when it yells. And then, as soon as he processes it, he’s grinning even wider- even if he doesn’t join in on the chant, instead clapping like he’s cheering them both on. It’s really hard for him to not laugh, and it shows.
[break][break]
Until their chant is interrupted by an enraged voice to their left. The toddler is snatched away by someone who Sterling can only assume is its mother. He comes close to making a snarky remark at her back, but Chu-e beats him to it before barking out another laugh, one that dissolves into coughs. Sterling is tempted to ask if he’s okay, but he has a feeling asking about a near-stranger’s business wouldn’t be appreciated.
[break][break]
It wasn’t any of his business, after all, and he doesn’t seem all that bothered by it.
[break][break]
As soon as he’s free of the Taillow, Sterling moves to stand up. He doesn’t leave, yet, mostly because he’s still a little polite and just walking off would be the exact opposite. ”It’s no problem.” He waves a hand dismissively. ”I didn’t have anything better to do, and it was pretty funny.” There’s that grin again, if only for a second, before he realizes he had better get going before he gets distracted again.
[break][break]
”I should probably get going, but it was nice to meet you.” Even with the situation, Sterling wouldn’t be upset if he ran into this man again. Saying that is much too awkward, though, so he’s gone just as soon as he had appeared.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 3:19:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: