cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a series of misfortunate events . [ private ]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 15:30:51 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
most of our generation isn't working toward cultivating a peaceful lifestyle. not anymore."

a majority of the people she met nowadays weren't interested in fostering a life that was entirely 'civilian'. people wanted to live chaotically, pursuing careers where they were confronted by action on a day-to-day and peace was a rarity.

"
quite a few of us leave the homestead young - get a taste for adventure - and live a life that inherently dangerous. and there's nothing wrong with that. to each their own, i say."

but cait had been raised with a different mindset entirely, one which encouraged her to live a peaceful and orderly existence in comparison. nothing picturesque, of course; just something which heavily hinted toward 'normal'. 

"
but what's wrong with having a semi-average routine? it's what i want. a job from nine-to-five, a few kids running around, a husband or wife who loves me, a safe environment, a nice home - with a decent amount of fun sprinkled in."

she weaved a potential future for choi, one where he found someplace to settle - where he had a husband and friends, a job he enjoyed and a lovely home to rest his head each night. it was almost idealistic, but it was a life that cait desired. 

"
think about it," she said. "maybe not now - but later. we won't stay young forever.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 18:44:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Kind of a shame, if you ask me. After you get a taste of the of 'unstable' it goes from being exotic and exciting to...." Chu-e blew a raspberry. It could very well be that both Cait and Chu-e were biased in some ways. It was kind of their jobs to deal with edgy shitlords, even if they were on the opposite sides for most of their careers. Never too much of a chance to stop and chat with the local baker or deal with simple worries.

"You think it was all those Trainer cartoons they played on TV when we were kids? I remember when I turned ten, I was so mad at my parents for not letting me go on a journey like the kids on TV do. We weren't even supposed to have any pokemon of our own till we were sixteen. Just the family's Houndour if we needed a pokemon for something." It had been hard sharing a pokemon with his two siblings, especially one that had been as lazy and grouchy as Mushu had been. He could remember Kenzi, his brother's best friend and also his friend via proxy, got a Swirlix for his 10th birthday. Chu-e had been so jealous he was furious with himself.

Ah, wouldn't Cait be surprised to know that he had been raised to keep his head down and stay out of trouble.

"They always made it seem like things would fall into place. Pokemon attacks would just be for comedic effect if they hit you, bad guys were always weak and easy to beat up... Way different than when you're really on your own. Maybe having to live through all this instability, the kids growing up now will want better for themselves." Briefly Chu-e thought to his conversation with that kid a few days ago, Hideo. He had been eager to learn about the world and gain his own independence but it was a more subdued kind than when he was that age. Chu-e had wanted to escape. Hideo just seemed like he wanted to learn about what had been denied to him.

"I think I just want some of the experiences I was denied when I was younger. But other than maybe the nine-to-five, I want all that stuff, too." He hummed and slipped off his shoes, pulling his feet into the chair. "My nastiest, raunchiest fantasy is getting some bastard trapped who I can shove my cold feet against in bed. Trick him into enjoying it. I'll make dinner but on the weekends he makes me breakfast. Picnic dates..." Groaning, Chu-e pushed his face into his hands, lightly muffling his next words. "Stop making me be so sappy, Alfric."
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 19:27:18 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'll convert you yet, choi."

there was a teasing edge to her voice, but if they were bound to remain friends; she'd be determined to see him living a lifestyle that didn't threaten to kill him on a near daily basis. the woman wondered how often he had entertained the idea of 'normalcy' and just how much he craved it.

'at least a little bit, i reckon.'

cait decided not to press him. she'd already planted that seed in that pretty head of his - and perhaps in a few years he'd come around.

"
any lingering connections to rocket, by the by?"

she wondered if they'd still harass him. or if they had even bothered to remember him, especially if one were to consider how long he had been missing in action. but it was highly unlikely they'd scrub his name from their records.

'but i have no idea how rocket operates. not really.'

the name itself caused a curdle of disgust to manifest, but her lingering high soothed it away.

"
mm."

she'd retrieve a packaged brownie, popping it into her mouth and chewing it. every time that strange pressure manifested in her skull - in her heart - she'd consume an edible or smoke.

"
they're not going to hunt you down, i hope?"   

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 21:24:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Well, I guess I'm still technically married to one." That probably wouldn't be an issue to clear up, though. "Other than that.... No, I guess? I mean, there's a good chance some of my old 'coworkers' are still kicking but they would all think I'm dead. They also probably all scattered like roaches, so I don't know if they're alive, too." He wrinkled his nose like he smelled something nasty just talking about it. "Blackwell mostly just didn't like me. If he knew I was a double agent, who's to say he even told anyone? Like... imagine the shit storm if you found out, say, one of the Elite Four, or the Champion, or, hell, one of the Council was a Rocket all along. Especially if the public found out."

It would be a media circus. One wrong word and the whole region would be at the League's throats. Something like that would have killed moral in Rocket, too. Not that it had mattered in the end, he guessed.

"The ones In Kanto wouldn't give a shit unless I was there. The ones here," And he had no doubt that Rocket was still slithering in the dark like snakes, their leader being dead or not, "well, I can handle myself." He sighed and frowned. "I might have been doing it for a good cause, but don't forget I've done really fucked up shit." Ah, this was effecting his high.

"You know, I met a kid on my way to Fortree." A sigh, softly, and Chu-e glanced up at the ceiling, eyes far away. His finger found it's way to one of his longer strands of hair, twirling it lightly. "Name was... Hideo? He was, like, nine or ten, I think. Blind. I fed him lunch. We talked a lot."

"And, like... I think I would go back. To Rocket. As a spy. Reyes doesn't think I could handle it, like, mentally. But that kid only wanted to be able to have a nice life growing up. And I think about him, and other kids like him, and what happened in Kanto... I want to keep pushing. Then you talk about settling down and I know I'm not as good as I used to be, too. Is it wrong I still wanna push? Do you think?"

This was getting heavier than he had anticipated.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 8:55:41 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she was ultimately thankful that she was out of sight of choi, a full body shudder traveling the length of her form. her tongue flicked out, the wet muscle tentatively traveling painted lips that tasted bitter. the mere idea of him returning to rocket's fold didn't sit well with her - not at all.

'no - no - no - no.' 

despite her lax state, that pressure returned. she'd shut her eyes and rub her temple, attempting to soothe it away. a few breaths allowed her to more easily anchor herself, the girl reaching to stir the pot of green beans before replacing the lid with shaky hands.  

"you could be just as useful in the league. and you're obviously skilled. why not - "

if he rejoined league there was that chance they'd be at odds with one another - that he'd commit an act that could not be easily taken back. rocket was poisonous, after all.

'poison.'

"hrgh."

a wave of sickness suddenly flooded her, causing her stomach to twist painfully. she hunched over the sink, the sound of her growing sick easily reaching choi. the snack that had lovingly crafted for her ended up in the sink as a mess of bile and chocolate, the girl noisily vomiting it out into the garbage disposal. 

"pft!

she spat out the remaining bits and wiped her mouth, the look on her face twisting into a combination of anger and disgust. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 22:51:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When he heard the first wave if illness, Chu-e snapped from his self imposed daze and slid to his feet. He padded slowly for the kitchen, worried for the woman. He reached her just in time for the first bubbling splash of sick to echo in the room. A small grimace at the sharp tang of bile and stomach acid that hung in the air but he approached anyway. Only hesitated a moment before gently trying to place a hand on her back to rub soothingly. The look on her face was one he recognized even if it felt presumptuous of him to even think. It was a hard fact of life that Rocket hadn't just upended his own life and had pressed rotting touches to others.

"Hey, you know," Because if what he thought had lurked in her gaze was true, then the best thing needed was a distraction. A proper one, not this dancing around subjects they had been doing. If they wanted to talk about the shadows that clung to both of their frames it could be a more pointed one. The pause lingered as he tried to think of what to talk about. "Isn't there supposed to be a Speed Dating thing soon here in Fortree?"

It was a jarring change of subject but it was supposed to be. Maybe if she knew what he was doing she would be upset with him. If she didn't, she would still probably be confused. Chu-e was willing to accept both of those scenarios. He leaned in a little closer, not on purpose, and flicked on the 'hot' side of the sink so that the mess could be dragged down and away. It couldn't be left there to fester in both the physical and mental sense.

"I kind of want to stick around and sign up. Even if I just meet some new people to talk to, that would be okay. It seems kind of a shame to leave when everything is about to get decked up for the holidays. This time of year was always one of my favorites even as a kid. My family, we observed Arceusmas but we weren't devout. My parents were from Johto so we lit a fire for Ho-Oh every year, too. Did you ever do anything like that?"

Chu-e knew full well he was babbling. Words pouring from him quick and fluid as he tried to fill Cait's head with nicer thoughts.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 0:50:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she quickly realized his play at changing the subject, the man's guesswork solid enough to accurately discern that rocket served as a sore enough spot to warrant her growing physically sick. 

"we celebrate," cait murmured, lamely.

cait retrieved a paper towel to wipe her mouth before washing her hands and returning to her work around the kitchen. her mood had taken a turn, which wasn't exactly uncommon nowadays. thankfully she didn't lash out, especially to the undeserving; merely venting to her pokemon or to her boyfriend about how she truly felt. 

"
and i signed up for one round of that speed dating event. sénon told me about it and we decided to give it a try."

the fried unfezant was carefully flipped onto the other side, the skin appearing pleasantly crispy and golden.

"
choi.

she returned to peering at him, her strange eyes seeking out his own. 

"
it's not worth it. rocket is never worth it."

a short moment passed and cait began to finish up their meal, the meat cooked - the potatoes thoroughly mashed and the green-beans done. 

"
sit down and i'll make your plate."

the woman gestured toward the table, moving afterwards to ensure that choi's portion was generous. she was intent on him eating well while within her company, not fancying how underweight he appeared to be.

"
are your people still paying you?" 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 9:34:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Well, the deed was done. If Chu-e knew her slightly better, he might have leaned in and bumped shoulders or something before Cait could pull away. Instead, he just pulled his hand back and let her get back to whatever she was doing. But, it was brought back around, and he met her eyes with a weak smile.

"I know."

And it left a lot in the air, about Rocket and his role in it and what he wanted to do, but it could settle for now.

He did look like he might argue, Chu-e didn't particularly like being pampered unless he asked for it, but he did reluctantly go to sit back down. "Since you're feeding me and making my plate, I'm helping with the dishes." It was the least he could do. While he may have been frothy he wasn't so useless he couldn't at least do that.

Speaking of, the food looked amazing. While Chu-e could cook for himself most of his own meals were fairly simple. He had been thinking of trying to get more into cooking since he would have more free time. (And needed to watch what he ate more closely.) There was no way he would be able to eat all of what Cait seemed to be putting on his plate but he was sure it would be delicious.

"Yeah, I'll be getting a bi weekly stipend for a while." He waved it off, glancing away and hunching over slightly. Talking about money was always kind of embarrassing; an old hold over from when he didn't have any. "It's more than enough. Plus, uh... Arthur was kind of loaded. I'll be more than fine as long as I don't go crazy and buy a solid gold toilet." The house and land it was on was in his name now and fully paid for. Granted that it was still in good shape, of course.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 23:19:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the plates were set - the wooden table specifically tailored to comfortably seat four people. cait decided that they'd sit across from one another, an expectant look in her eye.

"i'll be mildly offended and write a very strongly worded social media post if you don't eat most of it."

with that said, she'd settle at her seat and pause briefly for prayer. it was a short and private moment as she shut her eyes and bowed her head, her lips forming the words. once the meal was discreetly and quietly blessed, she'd tuck in.

"
if your pokemon need to eat let me know," she said. "i can make something for them. i assume they're not on any kind of raw diet?"

a majority of her pokemon were - but there wasn't anything wrong with processed foods. as long as the portions were fair and their dietary needs were sufficiently met; a pokemon could make do with it. after presenting him with that inquiry, she'd decide to return to the previous topic. 

"
that's good to hear," she said. "what kind of property did you two own? a house, you said?

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 16:41:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You're going to cancel me? Damn, guess I can't let my followers down." It was dry but amused. Chu-e was about to pick up his fork when he noticed that Cait seemed to be praying. Chu-e did not pray to many gods, didn't see a point; the only times prayers left his lips were before bed to Cresselia so that she may bless his dreams. But, while he may not have been religious, he was respectful if nothing else. So Chu-e waited until she seemed to be done before he finally dug into his mashed potatoes. Light and fluffy and delicious; he hummed softly in delight.

"Oh wow, this is really good." Not that he thought it would be bad. "My pokemon are fine, promise. I actually gave them some stuff to eat not that long ago. I'll be happy when they don't have to eat the stuff from the shops. A few of mine would probably prefer to hunt and I can make better for them at home."

So, a few of his pokemon would also be free roaming and hunters. Only his more domesticated pokemon, like his Igglybuff, didn't like the more natural stuff when offered.

"Yeah. It was more out of the way, on a more rural part. Unless someone else has moved in, we only had two neighbors at the time. I kind of hope Mrs. Canta is still there; the ran a shrine to... Celebi? I think? Up the hill from my place and she made these amazing little candies." He sighed some at the thought. Those candies were delicious.

Still, as he spoke, while he only picked at the unfezant (it was good, just hard on his stomach), the mashed potatoes and green beans were quickly vanishing off his plate.

fun fact: i went back and found/read some of my ancient threads and the celebi shrine was there lmao. that wasn't planned, just a nice coincidence.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 19:27:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"celebi?"

the name flowed easily from her tongue, the young woman's thick brows raising high upon her forehead at the mere mention of the fae lord. satisfied to hear that their shrines remained in near abundance, cait couldn't help but ponder over its location. 

'at least it's being taken care of,' she thought.

"
i'll need to give it a visit one day," she said. "it's always a pleasure to meet fellow devotees."

she reached and then blinked, realizing that she had somehow forgotten drinks as her hand grasped at nothing.

"
shit. sorry about that."

cait stood and retrieved cups for the pair of them, filling the ceramic mugs nearly to the brim with sweet and cold southern tea. she placed one before choi before returning to her seat, giving it a tentative sip and releasing a hum. 

"
how much do you know about celebi?"

she had favored the bird meat, polishing it quickly until only bones remained.

"
they're not the favored deity of hoenn. but i know there's a few sects located in the region."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 17:14:55 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"It was a smaller shrine but really nice. It actually caught fire when I still lived in Mossadeep before. It wasn't too big, Arthur and me and another girl actually helped put it out; Mrs. Canta got it fixed back up pretty quick, too." He hummed. "I hope it's still there. It was really pretty." At the mention of visiting, Chu-e cracked a tiny grin. "I bet Canta would like that; the following on Mossadeep wasn't too big. Plus, it would give me a chance to cook you a nice meal."

Yes, this was all working out perfectly. As for the missing drinks, Chu-e honestly hadn't noticed. He shrugged it off and muttered a 'It's cool' between nibbles of the Unfezant skin. When it was offered, he did take a big sip and sigh in contentment.

"Not too much, but probably more than the average Sinnoh-born, Hoenn-transplant." He laughed softly at himself. "My parents were from Johto. They were more devout to Ho-Oh but we did a few things for Celebi." He could remember it fondly, even if it was faint. "'Voice of the Forest', right? My family, we did this thing, um... the 'Rite of Bells', I think? We would get these little clay bells and ring them on the last day of winter and the last day of fall. It was supposed to tell Celebi when winter was beginning and ending, so it could be safe in it's travels or... something." That was one of the more obscure things his family had done. "Does your family do anything like that? Or, just, know what I'm talking about?" He was pretty sure it was different religious contexts but Cait seemed knowledgeable.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 12:32:06 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"our traditions are different," she admitted, setting down her fork. "
but i do know about the 'rite of bells'."

there were different religious sects under each and every legend that existed. and traditions varied wildly from one to the other depending on location. cait's religious doctrine originated from her ancestors, who meticulously crafted their  own traditions and produced their own text.

"
my family worships celebi year-round. everyday there's a prayer - and once a month during periods of peace there's an assembly."

cait went on to explain various intricacies, happily volunteering information. she spoke of the importance placed on pacifist thoughts - the enjoyment of musical instruments and the individual voice - and how their living arrangements were made. 

"
we tend to live in a community," she said. "it's rare for any of us to be seen outside of hoenn now that i really think about it. additionally, it's easy enough to discern one of our own."

she absently tugged at her curly hair. 

"
most of us are black - but some of us are of asian descent. it isn't unusual for the women to be born with or develop green hair when they transition into young adults. the men tend to wear their hair in dreads or keep it short or braided. the color green or blue is commonplace and everyone of us possesses a grass-type as a companion. if it's not a grass-type it's a bug, psychic or fairy."

cait absently plucked at her shirt, drawing attention to the coloration of the fabric.

"
we wear green for obvious reasons. and blue is meant to pay respect to our ancestors who died at sea some generations back."  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 1:42:48 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e finished off what food he could as he listened. Cait seemed passionate about this and it was interesting to learn about; he had always had a casual interest in the types of things she talked about. So while he was quiet, he did nod along, ask small probing questions, and otherwise be an open and engaged listener. When she appeared to be finished, that small grin was tugging at his face again.

"It all clearly makes you happy and you take a lot of pride in it. Not a bad thing! In a way I'm kind of jealous." But he laughed and it didn't seem like this jealously would make some ugly monster out of him. "I know what my parents worshiped and all the common Sinnoh myths, but I never had that connection, you know? We only learned stuff about Arceus and the creation trio so we wouldn't stand out or get bullied in school. My parents were devout, but I grew up in a small town so we were the only ones who worshiped Ho-Oh. You could always tell the holidays and traditions, they were a little sad to be away from their larger families."

"Knowing where you came from, having that relationship with your spirituality... it's special." Chuckling softly, he finished off the last dregs of his iced tea. "I know that people here meet the Legends and Gods sometimes, so maybe you can meet Celebi someday?" Oh, if only Chu-e knew.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 4:25:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i know that people here meet the legends and gods sometimes, so maybe you can meet celebi someday?"

her lips curled into a smile, her freckled features lightly crinkling with amusement.

"you've already witnessed a portion of my gift, choi," she remarked. "
who do you think gave it to me in the first place?

cait stood and retrieved the plates, eyeing the remainder of choi's meal before deciding to contain his scraps in easily replaceable tupperware. she'd add some of the leftovers as well to fill the plastic container to its brim before sealing it, intent on making sure he had something to eat when he left. 

"
presently this is celebi's domain.

she gestured vaguely toward her home - toward the forest which surrounded it.

"
and i serve as their charge."

cait took great pride in this fact, embracing it with a startling amount of openness.

"
it's a very poorly kept secret."

the corner of her lip twitched. 

"
so i don't really bother with hiding it at this point. it's nothing to be ashamed of."