awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 16:10:01 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 If he wasn’t going home for the holidays then Angelo figured that he may as well fill his time up as much as possible. Whether it was work, being social with friends or engaging in festivities, anything would make for a nice distraction. True, speed dating hadn’t crossed his mind but life had a way of making things interesting sometimes. Who was he to turn down an opportunity for a little spontaneity?

Angelo pulls at the badge that had been pinned to his jacket a little, peering down at the bold number nine that sits innocently enough on the white background – there was another number nine out there, somewhere. His match for this round of the speed date.

His feet crunch in fake snow as he approaches a mulled wine stand, it wasn’t exactly cold considering this was still Hoenn but the effort of the festival staff was undeniable. All of the decorations and ambiance made the woodland town feel just the slightest bit colder. Enough so for Angelo to drink from a paper cup of steaming alcohol without it feeling uncomfortable.

Standing at a tall bar table, the mulled wine booth positioned within a small cluster of other refreshment based stands, Angelo listened to the cheerful festive music that jingled out of the speakers dotted around as some of the more merry - see: intoxicated - patrons danced around in the centre; fairy lights sparkling like a hundred neon stars.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 2:57:48 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
be merry and bright

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

vanessa agapov sports her familiar contest dress for the occassion: only know she is pairing it with a dubwool coat she has made. social events like this are not valerio's cup of tea but probably vanessa's. besides, it is a perfect opportunity to rake in new followers after her unfortunate loss in the autumn grand festival.[break][break]

clutched on her hand is number nine that longs to find its pair. in which, her eyes catches the other in the presence of a not-so-strange stranger. she strides to the half-occupied table, bowing in confidence.[break][break]

after all, he doesn't know who she is.[break][break]

“i believe we're set for the first round,” vanessa's voice tries to be smooth and soft but fails and croaks badly. she maintains her bold face.[break][break]

the lady in drag shows her number to the other guy before offering her silk-gloved hand. “my name is vanessa agapov. pokemon coordinator.”[break][break]

ooc: mistletoe matching - round 1

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#7038f8!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 21:12:44 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It’s not long before the other number nine appears. At the sight of the woman who walks towards him, Angelo is struck with a thought that she looks familiar. It turns out to be a fleeting thought, after all he’s used to feeling that prickle of recognition thanks to being a courier, it’s a habit now to just assume that he’s probably run into everyone at least once down the line. Angelo brings a smile to his face as he similarly shows his matching number.

Angelo Vestri – nice to meet you.” He greets, taking a once over at the woman with red hair, catching on to a croak in her voice but thinking little of it. He hands her a cup of mulled wine, still steaming and giving off a pleasant aroma. Thankfully they were modestly priced for the small cups…

Crazy how much effort they’ve put into this place, huh?” Angelo says conversationally as he looks at all the festive decorations and fake snow, privately thinking that it must have cost an arm and a leg that could have gone to much more beneficial avenues. Although, if there was any region that could do with a bit of cheer these days, he supposed it was Hoenn. “Though I can imagine this is probably nothing crazy if you're a coordinator. Saying that, don't judge me too much, I haven't actually been to see a contest yet, so you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 4:07:55 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be merry and bright

vanessa takes the seat across angelo and receives the cup of wine offered by the gentleman.[break][break]

“how generous of you!” she raises the glass and nods at him before taking a sip. the mulled wine is nothing familiar for valerio's taste, being raised on the hammerlocke streets. but not for vanessa who has enjoyed a few luxurious boons from patrons.[break][break]

she brings down the cup, fingers interlacing with the body, enjoying its remaining warmth amidst the cold december. “frankly speaking, i think they could have done better. not to be a snob though. i mean, i guess it's understandable considering the region's still recovering from the war.”[break][break]

vanessa leans on the table closer to angelo. “you mean you haven't seen any pokemon contest yet? you haven't watched me perform?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 18:49:38 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 I don’t know, I think it’s nice.” He disagreed with a small shrug, a naturally put on smile pulling onto his lips as he takes a sip of wine. Angelo had never seen a contest so it wasn’t like he could compare but something told him that he’d take the cheap, cheerful decorations over the elaborate setups that Vanessa is surely used to any day. Perhaps it was just the nostalgic factor. “They remind me of the decorations you’d have at home. Got its own kind of charm.

It seems that his reveal of not actually seeing a contest has captured her attention, the redhead leaning across the table towards him. “I tried but it turns out you have to pay for a ticket – who’d have thought?” There’s a playful edge to his tone and he leans forward, elbows on the table as the wine pools pleasantly in his stomach, warm and sweet. “But, who knows, I could be convinced to give it a shot. So, what am I missing out on for not having seen a Vanessa Agapov performance?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 2:45:53 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be merry and bright

valerio would not have known about it since he did not have a home. and now that he has one, he didn't think decors are necessary. so as miss vanessa agapov.[break][break]

“you're missing grace,” she puts her hand to her face, as if presenting an unmistakeable beauty to the stranger. “class.” fingers now carressing her cheek down her neck. “elegance.”[break][break]

she giggles. matching angelo's playfulness is not hard when valerio is already quite familiar with his antics.[break][break]

“don't worry. if ever i perform on another contest, i'll give you my complimentary ticket.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 1:19:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Grace. Class. Elegance. She touches her face as she lists off descriptors about her performances – although Angelo suspected that she wasn’t just attempting to comment on her creative brand. Personally, he much preferred the wilder, rougher side of life; riding a bicycle over rocky trails or venturing through the jungle on a desert island. Unrefined and chaotic. But a woman he’d only know for five seconds didn’t need to know that, so Angelo smiled as Vanessa giggles, not giving off that he hadn’t quite been convinced to attend a contest.

Free tickets, however… That was a different story. Anything with the word free in the front was an instant draw for him.

I’ll clean my shoes especially for the occasion,” he responds with an air of jest, sipping at his wine as he did. “I expect a shout out when you win, by the way. Something like ‘And a big thanks to Mr Vestri for the moral support. Without him making an effort to appear slightly presentable, I wouldn’t have pulled off that last classy, super elegant trick’.” Clearly he didn't know the first thing about contests but he really wasn't all that ashamed.

They accept casual wear for the spectators, right?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 7:11:10 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be merry and bright

vanessa cannot stop laughing from angelo's remarks, a mixture of her genuine response and the pretense she wants to presents.[break][break]

“i'll even have your name tattooed on my back,” she humors, although she thinks she shouldn't just have.[break][break]

she takes another sip from the cup, then decides to down the wine with it.[break][break]

“people don't mind, but i bet you wouldn't want to underdress.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 12:00:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Angelo snorts unattractively into his cup. Thankfully he hadn’t taken a sip yet otherwise it would have either gone down his throat the wrong way or been spat back out. It’s a genuine, if a little surprised, response to the joke about a tattoo taking up space on her back. “Just the speech to thousands would do, I’m not that greedy,” he mused, finishing off the rest of his small cup before it gets cold or its accidently sprayed in her face.

Right, wouldn’t want to feel the wrath of social expectations,” he turns the empty paper cup in his hands, seeming to consider something before a sly grin cracks onto his face. “Maybe I could wear one of those t-shirts with the suit print on them. That’s acceptable, right? You wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with me?” He knew it definitely wasn’t acceptable.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
be merry and bright [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 17:17:54 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

be merry and bright

“if you can sport that kind of fashion, then who are we to question your choices?”[break][break]

vanessa's fingers play with her cup until the sound of the alarm rings from the center. it is time to change partners.[break][break]

“it's nice talking with you, mr. vestri.”[break][break]

she gets up from her seat and strides closer to angelo, arms extended as she leans closer to his ear.[break][break]

“i won't mind you getting my number later.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga