2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 18:47:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Raiding ruins wasn't really in Chu-e's repertoire of knowledge. Sure, he had broken into plenty of places and stole a whole lot of shit in his time but that wasn't really the same thing, was it? Ancient traps and puzzles? Someone else's game. Yet, when the chance to explore one, and League sanctioned no less, had arisen he found it hard to exist. A man in retirement had to keep the mind occupied. You could only rock on your front porch for so long before your brain started to mildew with stagnation.

And maybe Chu-e wasn't exactly in the best shape anymore, many major surgeries would do that to you, but he was anything if not industrious and willing to get crushed by a rock. Plus, he was sure his pokemon would keep him out of too much trouble.

For now, despite being instructed to stay outside while he waited, Chu-e had wandered inside to front room of the ruins and was busy clicking his flashlight on and off again. This room was brightly lit from cracks in the ceiling. Piles of sand hisses as it leaked inside, showing that time was limited in it's own way; structural damage meant this place would be filled to the brim eventually and lost to time. This may have been the only shot for whatever was inside to be recorded.

With that in mind, he fiddled with the camera on the hat he had been given, making sure it was turned on and recording. This was for research purposes in the end or it wouldn't be sponsored at all, just plain old grave robbing.

Something dripping echoed from deeper in the structure and Chu-e wrinkled his nose. He wondered whenever his partner would show up.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 17:07:31 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It wasn’t like Maverick to be late. It was a very odd thing for him to do.

He was the type of guy that always either made his appearance on time or a little early. But with his new title of gym leader and gym that was under his control, it took him longer than usually to get out. It didn’t, however, take him long to travel from his new home in Rustboro City to the Desert Ruin he was ordered by the League higher ups to explore with a partner. With the assistance of his salamence, the man soared over to the desert ruins on the back of his beast. And despite them being closer now than when they first met, she still liked to torture the man every now and again.

“LAGERTHA! SLOW DOWN!”

The dragon soared through the sky with easy, snickering all the while. She could feel her human’s death grip around the base of her neck, his body tense and eyes probably close out of fear. But instead of him shouting to make her stop, the salamence only continued to trigger her master. Drawing her wings close to her body, she leaned forward to send them into a nose dive through the air. Maverick held on for dear life, feeling his arms do almost nub from how hard he was clenching onto her. “PUT ME DOWN!” The dragon snickered, shifting her weight so they were not just diving. No. They were in a spinning dive towards the place where they were to meet up with this other human.

“FOR FUCKS SAKE!”

Rolling her eyes, she opened her wings last minute which made it even hard for the human to hold on. The mere geforce she put on his delicate body took his breath away as the dragon landed gracefully on all fours. Maverick gasped for air, rolling off her back and landed with a soft thud on his back in the sand. The dragon let out a small roar, wings opened to send up sand at her trainer. Arms flailed about as if that would stop the sand from getting into his face, swiftly getting to his feet. “STOP!” He growled at her, warm orbs glared at her with daggers. The dragon turned her head, pointed in the air with attitude. The trainer clearly frustrated, reached into his pockets and recalled her into her ball. He mumbled something under his breath as he put the creature away before summoning another creature.

The ball burst open to materialized a well known creature for Maverick to have by his side at all times. The six foot seven tall houndoom threw her head back in a celebratory howl that she was released from her prison. Oh how she hated being trapped in that thing. Still annoyed with his dragon, the scarred man took in a deep breath. He attempted to calm both his nerves from the death defying flying and his irritation with his beast. And once he felt that he could be somewhat normal again, his warm glazed flickered to see that no one was here. Azula, who wore a rapidash skull over her own for sport, gave her trainer a light whine to get his attention. The man turned, spotting that she found human tracks that lend into the ruins. With a nod, they both entered the ruins.

“Hey! Sorry I’m a little late.”

for at the desert doing mission. sorry for the wait!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 2:34:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There was a commotion outside.

Chu-e chose to ignore it.

Until he no longer could, as it seemed that commotion was his partner. He turned to glance at the other, then gasped and his eyes lit up. "It's cool!" He said, quick, before walked over, starstruck- not looking at Maverick, but at the large Houndoom by his side. "I'm Ji-Hoon Ki, nice to meet you or whatever. Is this pretty girl yours? Oh gosh. Can I pet her?" Even without knowing who he was, Maverick had found his weakness... cute dogs and cats.

Chu-e was suddenly much less interested in exploring the depths of the ruins and just interested in petting this dog. He wished he had some treats on him. Oh, he would have absolutely spoiled Azula if he was given then chance.

Then, Chu-e actually, like, looked at . A proper look. Which made him do a double take. "Hey, aren't you that Gym Leader guy?" Real descriptive, Choi.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 17:32:06 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick loved Azula for many reasons. One of them was her appearance. If it wasn’t her sheer size that got others attention away from him, it was the beat up rapidash skull she wore over her own. At first, the gym leader was completely ignored by his mission partner. He seemed fascinated with Azula like most. However, the hell houndoom didn’t seemed to like the trainer’s ideas. Her lip twitched, letting out a low deep warning growl rumble in her chest at the man if he dared to try and touch her. In response to her reaction, the trainer let out a stiff chuckle. “If you value your hands, I won’t.” This was a normal reaction for his creature. She didn’t let others touch her, sometimes even Maverick. The hell hound shifted her weight, still standing tall and attempting to look intimidating.

But before Azula could do much else, his mission partner then noticed him and who he was. “I’m one of the gym leader guys, yes.” It was crazy how all it took was to gain one title and then suddenly, everyone knew your name and who you are. Before he became a gym leader, he was a nobody. And now, everyone knew who he was. He wondered if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But either way, he pushed that thought aside to focus on what they needed to do.

“The name is Maverick,” he added, just in case he didn’t know his name, “And this his Azula.” The canine let out a sneeze like snort, ever so slightly dipping her head while keeping a very close eye on him in case he tried to touch her. “Are you ready to see what this ruins have to offer?” Without giving him much time to respond, the male let his gaze flickered over the first room of their discovery. “Have you already examined this area?” His warm gaze shifted to the sand that seeped through the cracks, taking metal notes as he took in his surrounds. “I would say we shouldn’t be in here too long. It appears to be unstable.” Once he got a good look of the area, he left his eyes fall on him. “Wanna go further in?”

for at the desert doing mission. -roll-

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 21:25:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh, Chu-e was absolutely pleased at the reaction that Azula gave. He just gave a small laugh at the growl, not intimidated at all despite the fact she could probably bite him in half. But, since she didn't seem to want his attention, Chu-e would reluctantly turn it back to .

"Maverick? That's really fancy." It was good that Mav had told him... because while Chu-e vaguely recognized him as a gym leader, he didn't really have anything about him memorized. Most of the Gym Leaders Chu-e might recognize if he looked at them but it wasn't like he was one of those people who stalked their Piki pages. Or particularly cared about them, unless he personally knew them.

Looking around, Chu-e stepped a little further into the room and raised his arms up. "Yeah, it's just a lot of sand in here. I think there's water deeper down. Also really dark." Which, with that in mind, Chu-e took the time to pluck out one of his own pokeballs and release a pokemon of his own. A Morelull, which yawned, shaking herself. Chu-e placed her on his shoulder so her Illuminate could surround him in an aura of light. Spore wasn't as strong as their flashlights but she could light up a wider area around them. A small trade off.

Instead of answering, Chu-e trudged forward, towards the only opening. He stepped inside, curiously looking around... and then vanished. "Ack!" There was a splash, his voice echoing in the tunnel. Just on the other side of the door was a hole, which Chu-e had stepped in, the tunnel partially collapsed. However, it did lead into a deeper part of the tomb. "I'm okay!" He called out from below. Pushing himself up, Chu-e tried to shake the water off his clothes as if it would help. It was about ankle deep and seemed to be running deeper into the ruins. "There's a lot more stuff down here! Pottery... uh... well, most of it looks broken."
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 19:36:57 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Once again, his mission partner came in clutch. He summoned a creature that could provide light for them further into the ruins. Smart. Maverick didn’t have any pokemon with that illuminate ability and lastly, it seemed like it was needed more often that he would have thought. He gave him a ‘thanks’ nod, debating on whether he should summon his shiny umbreon in hopes she would provide light as well. But before he could put much thought into it, the man venture further into the darkness of the place.

Not even two seconds later, what little light the man provided with his pokemon suddenly vanished right before his eyes. A holler was heard before a splash followed after. Not willing to risk him falling as well, he summoned his own light creature. The umbreon materialized, noticing how dark its as. Her ruby eyes shifted to her master, a nod from him indicated what he wanted for her to do. Her blue rings took on a brighter glow, providing enough light for him to see a large hole that he would only assume his partner fell down. He rolled his eyes, carefully getting closer to the edge of the hole and peering down.

Before he could ask if he was already, he measured Maverick he was. His warm gaze shifted over what little he could see, noticing nothing of true value in there. “Should I try to come down too or stay up here?” He asked him, “Does it look like we have a way up if we are both down there?” It was an honest question. If it didn’t appear like there was a way up, Maverick could offer assistance to help him get out. But if there was a way out, Maverick would explore with him.

for at the desert doing mission. -roll-

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 21:03:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
had some good questions. Taking a better look around, Chu-e tried to figure out if they could get out. "Hmm... yeah, there's a slope I could probably climb up. Or my pokemon could get us out!" Be it his Togekiss airlifting them out or one of his psychic types levitating them, they certainly wouldn't be trapped down nay holes unless something stupid happened.

"There's another room down here I bet we could go down! Just hope you don't mind getting wet!" Since Chu-e was the type of person who would die first in a horror movie, he went ahead and moved towards the doorway in question, this time taking a better look before stepping through. It led into another room, this one larger than the first. It was too big for him to see the entire room lit up, but he could already tell it was better than the last ones! Most things on the ground had already been washed away, sadly, but most of the walls had detailed carvings and paintings. Interesting.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 20:08:03 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

A bushy brow rose. This man literally just fell into what could have been the end of his life and he seemed unfazed by this fact. Even as his partner confirmed their was indeed a way out, the gym leader couldn’t help but feel he should stay behind. From one year to the next, curve balls and hardships have been chucked his way non stop. His luck was terrible, always has been and probably always will be. It was like disasters were attracted to him or he was, unconsciously attracted to disasters himself. This reeked of a bad idea. Was this why he was sympathetic with his Absol who thought that it was his fault why disasters happened?

Nonetheless, the mention of another room got his attention and pushed those bad feelings aside. His warm orbs searched for a way down that wasn’t do rough like his comrade’s. Maverick made his way down, careful not to slip and using some of the rubble that was already there. Dangling at the edge of the large hole, he left go. He landed on his feet, a slash of muddy water got the bottom of his pants but otherwise unharmed. He grunted, rolling his eyes as he recalled both of his pokemon before dragging them both back out so they wouldn’t have to find a way down. Turning, he noticed his exploration buddy was already in the other room. He huffed, straighten himself out before following suit.

Upon entering the room, his gaze scanned the ancient carvings. His bottom jaw fell a little, amazed at the amount of art work that had been done on the walls. He followed his fearless partner. That is, until he kicked something that sent him stumbling forward and ultimately fallen like a belly flop on the ground. A huff sounded from him when he smashed the ground. A long groaned escaped him soon after, rolling over to sit on his butt while he rubbed his aching nose. He glared at the object that tripped him. The cool glow of his shiny umbreon lite it up at sealed box of some sort. He turned to his partner, wondering if he not only saw his fall but see that thing he tripped over.

for at the desert doing mission. i felt like maverick needed to make a mistake too. xD

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 16:00:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"This is beautiful...." Chu-e flashed his light back and forth over the carvings on the wall, trying to piece together whatever was happening in the scene. It looked like a story of some sort... some of the damage had ruined a bit of it, but for the most part it seemed put together. Something about a well dressed person praising some green light in the sky before being brought to an alter. The person was then surrounded with bundles of flowers, meats, and other things were prized to this society. "Wonder what it means."

There was a thump and Chu-e whipped his light back around, finding that was now on the floor. "Oh shit, you okay?" But the guy seemed fine, so instead Chu-e leaned over to grab for the little box that had caught his attention from the other's fall. Unlike most of the physical things in this place, the box didn't seem like it was too badly damaged. Holding it up to his ear, Chu-e gave it a shake and heard something rattling around inside.

"Huh... wonder if we would get in trouble for cracking this open."
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 17:27:54 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Although his mission partner didn’t see him fall initially, he did turn to see the man on his ass. Maverick let out a grumble to himself, pushing himself back on his feet as his partner seemed more interested in the object he tripped over. Its fine. Everything is fine.

Once on his feet, Maverick brushed off his cloth the best he could with the dust and sand that clung to it. He would defiantly need to change cloths after this. Wet and dirty. Great. A rattled got Maverick attention away from his messy attire, turning his attention to him. His curiosity peeked. He moved in closer, looking at the box. It was covered in elegant cravings and had jewels on it. The box itself might be worth something. And if the box was this nice, that could mean whatever was inside could be worth something.

At the mention of cracking it open, his warm orbs meet his in both shock and interest. He liked the idea but wasn’t sure if it was the smartest move. “Do you think it would be wise?” After all, they had no idea were they were or what this box was. For all they could know, the whole thing could be a trap or opening it could bring upon a curse them them. “I’m not saying I’m against it, just don’t know if that would be a good idea.”

Suddenly, his beloved canine started to growl.

for at the desert doing mission. gunna have mod spawn use some trouble.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 7:03:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
claydol

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

genderless - levitate[break]
hyper beam / earth power / extrasensory[break]
self-destruct / ancient power / imprison

THESE CLAYDOL ROAM THE RUINS as ancient guardians. With their multitude of eyes, they threaten any intruders with powerful beams. For some reason, these clay sculptures have been given life in order to protect whatever is inside.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]
&
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 21:18:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, I have no idea if it would be wise." Chu-e was already shaking the box and trying to dig his nails against the seams of the box, pulling; while pretty and ornate, it seemed that whatever was inside would be trapped without a little brute force. The ancient metal clasps were rusted shut.

Chu-e turned to to say more, but the breath he sucked in caught in his throat when large, wet stones narrowly missed him, slamming into the ground beside him. The Ancient Power was a rough one, having come from a glowing set of eyes in the doorway to the next room. Yelping, Chu-e jerked his flashlight in it's direction, illuminating a Claydol floating in the doorway.

The Claydol was massive, much larger than the normal Claydol you saw in the desert or with modern Trainers. The patterns and runes were intricate but faded and worn, looking just as ancient and old as the rest of this ancient temple. "Ah." Wincing, Chu-e moved a hand, slowly as to make no sudden moves, and grasped at the pokeballs in his pocket. Where was his Slowking, where was his Slowking....

He hoped that Maverick and his pokemon could hold it off for just long enough so he could join in the fight.
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 18:30:38 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

There is a common saying that curiosity kills the cat. Could it kill Maverick too?

The gym leader watched as Chu-e attempted to pry the box open with his bare hands. It was worth a shot. But alas, the pesky locks on it just didn’t budged. Maverick shrugged his shoulders when he couldn’t get it open. His gaze met his partners when he went to say something. Maybe he had an idea of how to open the box despite the rusted hinges. But when he went to say something, Maverick noticed his reaction was odd. He soon found out way.

A boom of something large fell to the earth right next to him, forcing Maverick’s natural reaction to jump and duck before he scurried away from the direction it came. Of course, the human cured under his breath as he moved next to his partner and turned to see the culprit. Heart raced. The flashlight held by Chu-e fell upon the wild pokemon, a Claydol who didn’t seem happy to see them. His eyes widened slightly, both his pokemon moved swiftly to his side. Azula let out a snarl. Nisha hissed.

Without much thought, the gym leader sprung into action. “Nisha use mean look and Azula, fire blast.” Like a well oiled machine, the two didn’t hesitate. Umbreon’s blue rings took on a much greater glow as she stared that wild pokemon down with sinister eyes. The feline swaggered back and forth, attempting to both entice the claydol not to flee and distract it. Meanwhile, the hell hound could taste the sulfur that licked her throat. And soon, the thick lava substance build within her gut consumed her and wanted to escape. Her muzzle burst open, sending five blasts of fire straight at the wild pokemon.

By the time the wild pokemon noticed that flames that reached for it, the mean look took effect. It was frozen, unable to command its body to flee. The blast hit its rock rough surface, the creature screeching in response to the pain. The flames scorched its exterior leaving behind burn marks. The creature took a moment to recover, only to return to face its foe. Maverick’s gaze flickered to his partner, a sense of urgency in his tone. “Quick! Knock it out before it tries to either collapses the place or self-destructs.” He hoped the man had something clever up his sleeve or they were doomed.

for at the desert doing mission. -rolls-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
click click snap [m/c]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 1:38:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: