6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 4:52:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when he sees a recognizable name on the dispatch list, he immediately takes the shift with him. guard missions were pretty boring. preparations such as a good partner on the job was necessary to survive the night.

coming a bit late was a kyle staple since he's either that or too early. he sees the other person already on the case, being diligent like every other person who took the job should be, or at least, that's what appeared to be on kyle's perspective.

he approaches from behind, his multiple mightyena tailing behind him. he sneaks in an attempt to make the least possible sound as possible, with his pokemon managing to pick up after their trainer's motive quickly. in a lazy, deadpan tone, he raises his voice.

"i'm the poachyena boss. hands where i can see them."

his pokemon start to bark and yelp at their trainer's voice, joining in the act of mischief that their trainer has committed to.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 9:59:06 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]
[attr="class","wiingtop"]

[attr="class","wiingtop3"]TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT

[attr="class","wiingtop4"]IT WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","wiingpost"]

Razz checked his phone for the time, a tad confused as to where the other was. He didn't know the Elite 4 member too well as his interaction with him was limited to being hired to race with him under Fernando during the Pokeathelon, and when they searched the cave under Mauville's Power Plant. Though seemed to speak well of the man so he supposed if he was late it was for a reason. For now he had his cats with him to keep him company for the shift. With the other still not there he instructed for both Salem and Sabrina to start without him to give the area a quick search, while Whis kept with him as a just in case. [break][break]

Busy with direction for his pokemon the sudden voice made the hairs on the back of his neck raise in panic. Admittedly jumping forward in fear at having been snuck up on as he whistled an order before his one good eye took in the looks of the other. At the whistle his Zeraora would attempt VOLT SWITCH at the man behind him before the Ranger actually recognized who it was after turning. [break][break]

SHIT. [break][break]

Whether the man took it, or if one of his dogs was able to protect him Razz was in slight panic after ordering the attack. "Who sneaks up on a half blind man!?" he can't help but exclaim before quickly shutting himself up because why was he yelling at a member of the Elite 4. Well he knew why but, it felt wrong to do so. "I'm really sorry about that, are you alright?"

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","wiingbot2"] MISSION WITH

[attr="class","wiingbot3"]

Mission Archaeological Avalanche

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:300,400,700]

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1 b]color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3 b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 11:02:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with his pokemon surrounding him, having one of them use protect in a timely manner was expected. kyle would have otherwise question his own training had his mightyena not been able to get it up in time. he couldn't say he didn't get a bit rattled by the attack though.

"oh, no," he mutters before everything right after it happened.

barks turned into growls and snarls. a hyper beam is fired in the air, but kyle quickly disarms his pokemon by closing its mouth with his hand. each mightyena started to bare their own fangs right until kyle recalled each of them one at a time, whistling with each pokemon he returns in their ball. it continues until one of them remain, with kyle pinning the survivor in between his legs to make sure it doesn't act out.

"y-yeah," he answers after he cleans his own mess up. "i just expected, i'unno, a different kind of response. like 'wah' or 'i'll kill ya punk'. i guess you did both."

he picks up his mightyena by its pits, careful not to place it close the zeraora. he inches closer to razz to make an actual conversation since it's not nice to do it a few feet or so apart. "so, how's the night? anything interesting or was it boring so far?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 11:45:35 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

As the dogs went from just barking to now baring their teeth, Razz couldn't help but tense up. Honestly who wouldn't at the other end of angry pokemon, especially one of the Elite 4. The Hyper Beam made him pull the Zeraora back which put them into a fighting mode, the ranger having to hold onto their shoulder to ensure they didn't attack more as Kyle was trying to get his dogs under control. Even his Meowstic seemed to be curious on what was going on, and were ready to do something forcing Razz to whistle to make them stop. Were 'pranks' suppose to be this wild? [break][break]

Razz listened to the other as they tried to explain what they were expecting and it just confused him more. "Why would you want those kind of reactions?" he questions his one visible eye clearly confused as he doesn't get whatever kind of joke this was. "And sorry if I over reacted, eliminate the enemy before they can eliminate you is how I've been taught to do things," he continued though he definitely didn't feel like he was in the wrong here.[break][break]

At the questions the Ranger fell more into more attention, making sure to keep professional. "Everything has been good and nothing to report, besides your 'joke' the night has been uneventful sir"

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 5:26:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he shrugs with razz's question. he makes a sound akin to the tone of 'i'unno'. one-on-one interactions with people who he vibes with is where he is at his element, and while he cannot give a definite explanation about it, razz doesn't seem to bother kyle despite the initial interaction.

"don't worry too much about it. i kinda trained my pokemon like that so it's not like i can say anything about it."

he looks around the area. there has been no disturbance on the places that light can reach. the fact that his mightyena had only reacted to razz's zeraora also tells as much. there's a slight disappointment underneath the energy kyle shows that night.

kyle sighs. it wasn't as exciting as he thought it would be. then again, peaceful nights should be the more desirable outcome.

"do you want to make it more exciting?" he asks abruptly. "it's not gonna be like earlier, if you're worried about that."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 20:18:56 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

The ranger just blinks at the other with some confusion with his simple shrug. It felt like something a child would do, not a member of the Elite 4. Razz didn't think any less of the man because of it, but it did throw him off. Thankfully the other seemed to understand his own reaction to their so called joke as once more Razz attempted to relax. Everything that has gone on as been much too eventful for his taste, and the young ranger felt he needed a break. He was enjoying the peace and quiet, so why did the other seem to want to ruin that? [break][break]

Both Salem and Whis seem to perk up at the idea of making things more fun as the white cat pulls at his arm, and Salem his poking his leg. Both clearing intending to bug his trainer until he said yes. He gives the area a glance over to ensure nothing was going on, as last thing he wanted was for trouble to happen while they looked away. "Umm... sure? What did you have in mind?"

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 15:34:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we're hunting them."

there should be traces of the poachers lurking around if there was a call for security to be heightened up. whether they were just staking out for now to prepare for a lapse in patrols or preparing for an all-out attack, some of them should be in the outskirts... maybe. kyle was just hopeful for some action.

"it's technically not against protocol since they did say we can eliminate any potential trouble should we encounter them if you're worried about leaving your station."

kyle crouches down as he explains the rest of his stand to razz, the mightyena still in his hold.

"your call though. i don't want to impose or anything. i brought games if you're into that instead."

the joy of having well-trained pokemon that can detect intruders is that kyle can afford not to be too attentive to his surroundings during a watch since his pokemon would be there to back him up. it's why he hasn't gotten any complaints from the higher ups yet despite playing games on night watches.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 3:11:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Hunting them definitely wasn't was he was expecting. Seeing how childish the other was he was almost expecting the other to somehow bring out a board game out of his back like some cartoon Salem watched. He crossed his arms as he took a moment to think it over, cause while hunting them down to eliminate the problem did seem good, it also meant that they were no longer patrolling. They would be leaving their post and that was something they shouldn't do. [break][break]

"No that's fine," he says as he puts his hands down as he made his decision. "I can leave my Meowstic here while try to hunt them down this way we're not leaving this place open to other criminals," he gives an answer to his main concern. "However where would we even start? Its not like we have anything to follow, unless your dog can actually tell whatever sent around here doesn't belong?" Razz questions the elite curious to see just how a member of the Elite Four worked.

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 17:52:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. you got it, but it's more like he can just take any human scent and follow it since we're the only humans allowed at this time anyways."

at least he doesn't have to explain much now since the direction was going that way anyways.

"we just start with places that would make sense for them to hide and take surveillance of the site at. process of elimination brings those points there, there, and there."

kyle's finger points at three separate directions, one at the dimly lit edge of the excavation camp, another at the forests and another at the entrance. there probably were better hiding places if he got more into it, though everything was going on his whim anyways so reliability wasn't to be expected from him.

"guess we're going."

he walks ahead and whistles a tune for his mightyena to follow after him. they would spend the night following nothing as the big commotion they caused at kyle's arrival has alerted the would-be perpetrators of their presence and scare them off.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 1:55:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

"But it's not like we're the only people who have taken guard of this place, how will they tell the difference?" Razz can't help but question, still unsure if the smell of the area would have effected the Mightyena's sent. Though he was surprised to hear just how much the man has already narrowed down on the possible areas. "You've already thought a lot about hunting them huh?" he questions ask as he sets things up for their leaving. Razz calling out his Lucario to use BLAZE KICK to set up a camp fire he already built up in case it got too cold for his pokemon and tasked him with staying with the Meowstic pair. [break][break]

Once that was up he made sure to set things up as a just in case he would follow along with Kyle to see what could be found. At first his Zeraora was excited at the possibility of finding the fighting the bad guy in their own game, but it seems the excitement was for nothing. After area after area seemed to come out with nothing making the kitten pout. "I'm guessing your reputation made the job easier," Razz chuckles lightly as he pats his grumpy cat.

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 6:20:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the difference is that we're the only ones outside the camp. every other human scent that leads inside that isn't from the main entrance should be our target," he explains.

the disappointment of the zeraora is shared with the elite four. it had been his new year's resolution to actually do more things outside, though it seems like he has to find better things than hunting down poachers.

a depressed sigh breaks the silence from him.

"people told me i look forgettable though. i wish that held up for this one moment if it comes to that."

fame is a downside for the position for him. it limits the things he can do, especially since he knows he can't just drag down the name of the league with him, especially since his name is connected to it instead of being his own now.

"i'm giving up if you are," he tells razz, revealing to the ranger the best personality trait he has.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 6:44:14 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

It made sense in the long run, really it did, but it seems the other forgot to consider his reputation. It was kinda amusing to see an elite four member of all people seeming to act like a kid. [break][break]

“I’m not too sure about looking uhh… ‘forgettable’ but your name should be enough, the Elite Four have that sort of reputation in all regions right? Why accept being part of the Elite if you didn’t want the fame?” the ranger can’t help but ask curious about it, and whether or not Kyle was the one mentioned of the ‘friend’ who didn’t want fame.[break][break]

“I’m fine with it if you are sir, though I’m afraid there isn’t much entertainment, unless you have games of your own?”

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 17:14:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's the thing too! kyle's not a main character name too. needs to be iconic, like stormy, or have some sort of pizzaz... like razz!"

kyle gets caught on the less important things, but he's quick on the defense when razz asks him about the most contradictory decision he has made in his life.

"i get money while working less. i mean, practically speaking, it's got more advantages than disadvantages."

kyle starts to head back to where the ruins were, pulling out his phone to look at the screen as a default response for taking a break from eye contact while being in a conversation. he does nothing while it's up and puts it back.

"you play smash? i brought a switch if you do."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 2:58:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

It feels as if the other is talking in riddles as he speaks. Not entirely sure what he meant by 'main character name.' Like a game maybe? He snorts a bit as he tells him how his name has 'pizzaz.' "I'm named after a berry, I wouldn't really call it uhh 'main character' worthy."[break][break]

As the arrive back at their camp he informs his Meowstics of the boring adventure as Kyle explains his reasoning for becoming an Elite Four member. "Don't you have to accept a bunch of battles? And train for those and all that other league work?" Razz can't help but question clearly not sure about just how much work being an elite meant outside having the reputation. [break][break]

When asked about gaming it was time to show just how out of touch Razz was compared to normal people. All he could really give the other was a confused smile, "Ummm sure? I've never played before though so what do you Smash?"

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 17:02:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there are main characters from shounen manga that was named after a strawberry. he remains amused with razz though, seeing more of himself in the ranger than what he would be glad about.

"yeah, but compared to gym leaders, it's still a lot less." there's still paperwork for when things get wild, but with mateo and bailey out of the roster, it was easier to deal with now. "my contract only really requires me for challenges and for when the league needs to defend the region, but other than that, everything else is extra."

he's not sure if the same can be said to any other member of the elite four. he has seen stormy and thomas do more work than him and bailey, even mateo before, but that might just be a difference in their personalities.

kyle eventually goes for the things he left and pulls out his switch, taking out both controllers and handing one out to razz. "it's a fighting game, though you know what?" he settles the screen before them before choosing mario kart instead. "i feel like you're more of a racing game kinda person."