Zac Ramsay
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 2:56:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Mareep in pieces
Route 101 | Mission

THEME

Zac's Mudsdale galloped straight through the fence, barely slowing down as it obliterated the barrier.
It turns out that even the sturdiest wooden construction is no match for 2,000 lbs of horse. "Whoa! Easy there Fango!"
    Fango came to a stop, his goliath hooves tossing up clods of dirt and sod. He was 25 hands high. A glistening, statuesque specimen whose chocolate and charcoal colouring seemed to soak up the morning sun. Zac patted his flank appreciatively, and the magnificent steed chuffed.
    "Sorry about that!" Zac called down to the stunned farmer whose fence he had just ruined. "I tried to turn but, uh, my other ride has power steering," he said with a laugh. The farmer didn't look amused. "Yeah I may have gotten a tad overzealous. No worries, I'll fix it up after. I'm Zac by the way, here for the Mareep search and rescue job?" 
    "Oh. Well there should be two of you. Or did you trample your partner on the way over?" snapped the farmer.
Zac cringed. "Well, we were both hired independently. I'm sure they'll be here soon." 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 11:13:12 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
While Mac's Mudsdale had paved a path of destruction in his wake, Caroline's approach to the ranch might as well be trailing delicate flowers. Rapidash's flames flared out behind her as she trotted the dusty path along the sturdy wooden barrier. Each hoof was carefully placed and her mouth was free of restricting leathers.

It didn't take long for Caroline to notice that the Mudsdale who had nearly driven them off the road a moment earlier had managed more trouble in its path. "Somebody needs a little bit of training," Caroline mumbled to herself as her Rapidash slowed to a walk and clopped cautiously over the broken fence pieces and beside the Mudsdale. Rather she was referring to Mudsdale or trainer was indetermined.

The Mudsdale towered over Daisy, who cautiously huffed a breath of his air. Caroline had just managed to catch the tail-end of their conversation. "Nearly." Caroline confirmed the farmer's sour words with a slight chuckle. "Don't worry about the fence, sir. It's no worse than the damage the storms caused. We'll help you patch it up once we round up the Mareep."

The farmer huffed in displeasure, his arms held firmly in a cross against his chest. Caroline ignored it and shifted her weight to look at Zac. "I'm Caroline Foster and I'll assume that you're the one I'll be doing this task with?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 14:44:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Mareep in pieces
Route 101 | Mission

THEME

"Great to meetcha Caroline!" Zac said, and he made a polite head bob as way of a greeting. 
    The farmer huffed. "Nobody is going to ask what my name is?"
"Uh, what's your name-"
"Four." the grouchy man spat.
"What a cool name!" Zac exclaimed.
"That's not my name you horseback hooligan! That how many of my damn Mareep are missing. That's what you really want, after all: exposition."
Zac shifted uncomfortably in his saddle. "Look, sir, I think we got off on the wrong-"
The farmer interrupted him again, this time with a sour chuckle.   "Yeah. We did all right. And your second impression is going to be just as bad if you don't hurry up after those sheep."
Zac nodded, then pulled himself up. "Just point the way."
    "They ran off into the gorge. Lots of predators out that way. You better come back with all four."  

"Sorry about the rough reception," Zac said to Caroline, as the pair rode across the lush grassy field of Petalburg, out towards Norman's Gorge."...and the road, too. Fango's pretty new and can be more than a handful. Not like that gorgeous and obedient Rapidash you've got there," he added with obvious excitement. Zac nodded towards Daisy.
"How long have you been her trainer?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 11:26:31 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
"To be fair..." Caroline leaned across Daisy's neck and faced the farmer, her features shadowed in the glow of her Rapidash's flames. "I don't think you asked for our names, either." She waved a hand in the air, dismissing the conversation. "But, doesn't matter anyway, we're here now and we'll fix the problem, sir."

Four. That's how many Mareep were missing, scattered into the gorge on a fear-driven escape. It was apparant by the farmer's short tone and frustated responses that futher discussion was nothing more than time-consuming. "We'll bring them all back." Caroline promised as Mudsdale and rider began to move and Caroline quickly moved in step beside them.

"No worries," Caroline reasurred with another wave of her hand. She was less interested in conversation of the farmer than conversation of the Mudsdale. "Mudsdale are known to be a bit hard-headed. Compared to Pokemon like Ponyta, they're much less receptive to training." She patted Daisy's neck, the horse nickering in response. "Oh, this girl?" She gave an appreciative laugh, "Thanks. I'm sure she's happy to hear you say that. I've had her since an egg. She had quite a bit of a rough start, but she's really starting to blossom in confidence since becoming a Rapidash. I don't know where I would be without this good girl. And my Lycanroc. Their intelligence and understanding really impress me every day."

As their conversation trailed on, so did their path to the gorge. Rocks carved by a river's flow had begun to cast shadows over their path, but there was still no sign of the lost Mareep. "You know," Caroline leaned back and rested her hand on the hindquarters of Rapidash with a sly glimmer in her eyes. "I could give you a few pointers, if you want. I'm a bit of a natural with Pokemon."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 9:35:34 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Mareep in pieces
Route 101 | Mission

THEME

"A few pointers would be great." Zac said. He thought about how Caroline had described her Lycanroc as intelligent and understanding. "Some of my team are bright as buttons, so i'm not worried about that. What really seems to get me is when they don't quite get what I want."
    Zac spoke about his problems as they rode deeper into the gorge. The path was twisty, but thankfully it hadn't split. There were occasional caves dotted along the upper ridges of the path, but Mareep weren't exactly known for their climbing skills. It was more likely that they had run scared straight along the dried river bed. 
"In battle I'm often shouting out useless things, but how else do you get across what you want them to do? Do you use hand signals or something?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 10:40:10 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
"A child isn't born knowing how to read or write or speak," Caroline motioned an aimless circle in the air with her hand. "Nor are they all born to learn in the same way. Pokemon are kind of the same. Do you really think that Rapidash was born knowing how to ride bridle-less or bow with a single touch? She had terrible separation anxiety as a Ponyta. I couldn't go anywhere without her breaking through fences or knocking down shelves to be with me. I know some trainers like to use the term 'breaking' them in to refer to training stubborn Pokemon and that might be the easy way, but it doesn't create a bond with them. I can always tell when Rapidash is nervous and I won't push her to do anything she doesn't want to do, but I know that I can always trust her when I really need it."

As Caroline spoke and Zac questioned, their ride trailed on through the midst of towering rocks. Although Caroline spoke, she trusted that her Rapidash would listen for any sounds of Mareep that she might miss under the sound of her words. "Sometimes it's not about getting across what you want, but knowing and saying what your Pokemon wants to hear. And sometimes that means giving them the illusion of a choice that guides them to what you want. Or being as descriptive as possible in a command." Rapidash's ears had pricked toward something rustling through the dried underbrush ahead, but she relaxed once she saw the Rattata poke it's head up and stare cautiously as they passed. "I don't keep my Pokemon in balls nearly as much as some people do. I like to walk through town with them. Do a little shopping together. Maybe even get our hair done together." She laughed at the suggestions, "Personally, I think that people are too preoccupied with just using their Pokemon to battle and then tossing them back into the balls when they're done. That would make anyone stubborn and stir crazy, don't you think? Who wants to go through the same thing again and again all the time? Give them air to breathe!"

Given yet another moment, Rapidash's ears pricked forward. But this time, the fire horse abruptly stopped and stared at a cluster of something muddy and fluffy. They were huddled together with each other in a tight circle and something red was speckled across their woolen coats. They looked afraid but...of what?

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 3:32:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Mareep in pieces
Route 101 | Mission

THEME

Zac scrunched up his face at Caroline's use of the term 'breaking'. "I'd never dream of being harsh in my training. Those people who hurt their Pokemon to make them obedient make me sick," he said. 
    They walked on through the canyon, eyes and ears out for Mareep, and Caroline talked in great detail about who she had made such a strong connection with Rapidash. She talked about giving Pokemon the illusion of choice, or telling them what they wanted to hear. Zac understood, kinda, but the double-think made his head hurt. I guess I need some lessons on Pokemon psychology next, he thought to himself.   

The conversation continued, and Caroline brought up the point of keeping Pokemon out of their pokeballs more than usual. 
"I guess I really haven't been giving him the time he needs." Zac said, patting Mudsdale. "Besides my usual group of Pokemon, most of these guys spend a lot of time cooped up. Riding him up here for the mission is the most activity he's had in a month! No wonder he's so full of energy." Zac nodded to himself. "You're right Caroline. Thanks, I need to work on my bonds before I can expect my Pokemon to understand me. Not treat my Pokemon like extensions but like partners."

Rapidash stopped, noticing something up ahead. It was a cluster of Mareep, all splattered with mud and...was that blood? Zac pulled up, and counted them. "Four. That's all of them," he said, getting down off Mudsdale and taking out his rope. The ground here was rocky, uneven, with patches of scrubby bush poking up from between the cracks. "Now we just need to round them up."
    He took a step towards the shivering sheep, and felt something squishy underfoot. Zac looked down to see a thick tendril of green wriggling under his boot. He lifted his foot, and the plant pulled back into a crack in the rocks.
    "Caroline get back!" Zac yelled, as the ground around the Mareep shuddered and buckled. The sheep cried out in fear as the massive body of a half-buried Tangrowth rose from its hiding spot. The shrubs lining the canyon bent and split, reforming into arms composed of thick, spiky vines, which wrapped around the Mareep. 
    Zac stumbled back, as Tangrowth used ANCIENT POWER and hurled the chunks of rock towards them.

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 4:07:06 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Caroline grinned at his response. "Well then, you're already one step closer to a better bond with your Pokemon." Her body shifted as Rapidash stepped aside to avoid a fallen rock in their path. "Okay, imagine this. Imagine you're a three year old kid and your mom keeps you cooped up in a little room all day making you study. You never get to play or do anything fun. You'd go crazy." She waved a wild circle in the air with arms above her head. "Pokemon are the same. Maybe we could let ours have a little play date after this mission? You'd like that wouldn't you, Daisy? You can play with the Mudsdale." Daisy shook her head and nickered in response. Her excitement was obvious. It wasn't often she got to run with other horses, although being with Caroline was typically enough happiness for her.

Back to the present, Caroline eyed the bloodied Mareep cautiously. While Zac dismounted, she remained on top of Daisy with observant eyes. "Wait Zac," but it was too late, he was already approaching the group. His foot steps seemed odd against the typically solid turf they'd traveled. "Something doesn't feel right."

Then, as if summoned by the accusation, the ground began to creak and shudder. Zac let out a yell as a Tangrowth emerged from the earth and grasped the Mareep in it's thick vines. "The Mareep!" Caroline cried out as Daisy's hooves scrambled to safer distance. "Watch out!" came her next cry as chunks of rock sailed through the air and exploded around them. Caroline raised her arms in defense as one of them struck her forearm and hurled past. Daisy whinnied in panic, rearing up and lashing out powerful hooves at approaching rocks. "FIRE BLAST, Daisy. FIRE BLAST, now!"

Immediately on command, Daisy parted her jaws as a giant ball of flame began to appear before launching it at the Tangrowth. It's long tendrils shivered and shook as it let out a pained screech. However, it did not back down. Scrambling from the back of her horse, Caroline dropped to the ground and pulled a pokeball from her belt. "Titan! Use ICE FANG!" A crash followed the glow of light as Tyranitar fell to the ground. It let out a roar that echoed through the rocks as it pounded towards the Tangrowth and latched a pair of ice cold fangs into one of it's arms, it's chill a deeper freeze than even that of the cold snow that often accompanied Christmas this time of year (in other parts of the world, that is, not this tropical place).

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 4:42:26 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Mareep in pieces
Route 101 | Mission

THEME

"Kev! Help out Titan with that Tangrowth," Zac ordered, as he threw out his Steelix. The massive snake wound its metal body between the limbs of the sentient vine monster, pitting the strength of steel against that of plants. Steel won, and the creature, already weakened by fire and ice, broke its grip on the Mareep.
    "Zappa! Save those sheep!"
With a flash of saffron light his Heliolisk appeared, and the lizard shot towards that captured Mareep with a well-timed PARABOLIC CHARGE, collecting the runaway livestock one at a time as Titan and Kev held the scorched vines apart. 
    Kev let the vines curl back together, the Mareep now safely tied to Mudsdale. Tangrowth rumbled ominously, but it was a part of this section of the canyon, and wouldn't follow them once they were out of range.
   Zac went to return his Pokemon but, thinking about Caroline's words, he let them stretch their legs on the way back. "I'm definitely taking you up on that ranch play date." Zac said to Caroline. He looked back at the rumbling form of Kev, with Zappa perched on top. "A spot of relaxation is well overdue."

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 4:57:19 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Almost as soon as the battle had begun, it came to an abrupt end as Zac's Steelix and Heliolisk leapt into battle. Steelix's powerful steel-type attacks, combined with her own, left the Tangrowth screeching and reeling in pain. It released the Mareep and allowed Heliolisk to swoop in and retrieve them. Easy done as easy goes.

Against her own advice, Caroline did return Tyranitar to his Pokeball. Having been recently evolved, the ground dragon was still having trouble controlling his power. It would be a pain in the ass for all of them if Titan decided to take down the gorge with them inside of it.

"Those are some powerful Pokemon you've got." Caroline complimented, as Daisy knelt to one knee and allowed Caroline to climb on her back. A thin stream of blood trailed from her forearm where the rock had hit, but wiping it away revealed nothing but a simple scratch. A day and two more would leave her with just a bruise in memory of the mission. "Let's get these Pokemon back to their owner and then talk plans for that play date." She smiled, but a sudden memory popped into her mind. "Oh, and perhaps we should fix the fence your Mudsdale broke." This comment was accompanied by a laugh.

It'd been fun.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Mareep in Pieces [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 4:37:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: