Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
with sugar, cream, and a caramel drizzle [sc]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 1:26:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Today was a shopping day.

Which meant that Chu-e got to treat himself. And, technically he could afford a lot more than just grabbing a coffee from a Starmiebucks now. It was just an old habit to break, from when he was scrounging for change and could maybe squeak out their smallest drink once a month or so. It was never what he wanted, just plain black, but it was nicer than anything else he had been able to drink at the time.

The shopping was done but the day was young. Prince had already went back home, Teleporting himself there with the groceries to start putting them away. To get into the town proper wasn't too long of a walk but it still tired him out, so he had found that taking a break before leaving always did him some good. The pokemon he had brought with him were in his pockets, held close in case he needed them.

The place was packed, it was just a little into the afternoon and what he presumed to be the lunch hour. His eyes gazed over the menu as he waited, trying to pick out whatever caught his eye. He though over his order but when he got to the front he ordered what he always did: "Could I get a large frap? Extra milk, extra sugar, extra cream, three shots of caramel." A small pause. "And a white chocolate raspberry cookie. For 'Ki'." His eyes just passed over the server, not taking in any finer details, as he pulled out his card and paid. He was thinking more about if he could really handle all the caffeine and sugar or if this week would be the one where his heart finally exploded. It would still be worth it.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 5:30:22 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

[attr="class","slowbanner"]

[attr="class","slowpkmn"]

[attr="class","slowstop"]

[attr="class","slowstoptext"]

JAYDEN CROSS

[attr="class","slowbody"]

Today was a working day.

[break][break] Though, these days, every day was a working day. Any coin he could pocket away and put towards the insurmountable debt that had suddenly appeared on his shoulders was worth the lost hours of sleep. Not that, of course, Jayden generally got sleep anyways. Veles did quick work of that, keeping him awake at all hours of the night, simply on a whim. Lately, his dreams were nightmares, and his bed got barely any attention, save for the unintentional sort, when he accidentally passed out into it.

[break][break] Jayden rubbed his eyes as he handed over the change to a customer, along with the a receipt. At the very least, of all the odd-jobs he completed, his shift at Starmiebucks was predictable. The one at Mossdeep was one of his more favorite locations, because patrons tended to leave a tip, but weren't as snippy or full of themselves as the ones in bigger cities, such as Slateport or Petalburg.

[break][break] It was mid-day, which meant it was the busiest time of the day, and Jayden completed each order with relative, mind-numbing ease. There were a few patrons who had given him trouble — but like he did with everything else, he tolerated it in a mind-numbingly easy fashion. [break][break]

"And a white chocolate raspberry cookie. For 'Ki'."

[break][break] And that's how he would have continued, if the voice that spoke suddenly struck out at him, sending a chill down his spine. Jayden recognized him, or his voice, almost immediately. It was one of Team Rocket's beasts — former retired beast anyway.

[break][break] "Uh —" His formerly, perfectly neutral expression cracked — just a little bit. But it was quick enough, and practiced enough, to disappear almost immediately. "Thank you. That will be 12.59, please." He scribbled the order on the empty cup, swiped his card and handed it back to him.

[break][break] And though Jayden's face was perfectly stoic as it had been a minute ago, his heart couldn't help but hammer away in his chest. Was it really him? But it had to be. Jayden was distracted — he barely noticed how he'd written the wrong order on the cup for .

[googlefont="Inconsolata]

[googlefont="Roboto"]

[googlefont="Poppins"]

[newclass=.slow] width:450px; background:#323232;margin:0px auto;position:relative;border-bottom:10px solid #d2d4ff;font:10px 'Arial';[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowbanner]background:url(https://data.whicdn.com/images/306273332/original.jpg);width:450px;height:200px;background-size:cover;filter:brightness(90%) sepia(100%) hue-rotate(200deg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowstop] position:absolute;margin-top:-200px;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowstoptext]font:45px 'Poppins';line-height:45px;color:#fff;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-5px;text-align:left; border:1px solid #fff; padding:5px; margin:80px 0px 0px 250px;width:150px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowbody]margin:20px;color:#ccc;font:12px 'Roboto';text-align:justify;border-left:1px solid #fff;border-right:1px solid #fff;padding:0px 20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowpkmn]position:absolute; right:0;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowpkmn img]opacity:0.5; transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowpkmn img:hover]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 6:23:30 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Thanks." Any changes of expression were not caught, Chu-e too busy scribbling his name on the merchant's copy of the recipe. A tip was given, because he could do that now. With a smile he handed it back and moved away in line, ignorant to Jayden's dilemma.

But Jayden would have a chance to study Chu-e if he wanted. Unlike most of the people here who needed to rush back to work, Chu-e sat at one of the booths when he got his drink. He would sip, make a face, realize this wasn't his overly sweet and sugary drink but something more flavorless and bitter.

He had been one of the last in line and by now the place was almost cleared out. Approaching the counter again, he gave a half apologetic smile and sat the drink down. "Hey, I don't think my order was right. Could I get some sugar and cream?" Wrong or not he didn't want to waste.

But now he took in the guy at the counter, realized he hadn't seen him around before. The island was small, and while Chu-e didn't know everyone he could at least recognize most of the people in this area. Yet he also seemed vaguely familiar, too, just in a different way. "... have we met before?"
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 8:19:05 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

JAYDEN CROSS

The tip was appreciated — or would have been, had Jayden been paying attention.

[break][break] It had been a long time — but maybe not long enough — since Jayden had heard that voice. It was one that he could recognize in an instant, as he could have recognized anyone else who had held a high rank within the organization that he had been formerly apart of and had only recently re-joined. The boy had spent too many of his formative years mentally tracking and memorizing the faces, mannerisms, and voices of each important personnel that he ought to have known — any mistake, any flaw, Dmitri had been quick to strike on, as vicious as a predator zoning in on it's prey.

[break][break] There was a lull in the line, and so Jayden found his gaze drifting to glance at the man as he walked away, presumably to wait for his drink. Jayden took in his side-profile, one that was all too familiar — there were not many beasts (or admins, for that matter) that held the same height and same posture as Chu-E Choi. The more the boy looked at him, the more he was sure of it.

[break][break] A conflict of emotions raged within Jayden — was it a good thing, or a bad thing that he recognized him? Not a bad thing. Team Rocket had been his family, had been a part of his life. To call the meeting of any of them — even father or Alex — something "bad"... he had been conditioned against such a thing.

[break][break] But was it a good thing? He was unsure.

[break][break] Jayden's eyes immediately flicked downwards as he sensed the man about to turn back towards him and by the time reached the booth, Jayden was perfectly practiced at picking a wooden splinter at the bottom of the counter. Feigning disinterest. He looked up, only as he was addressed, and he blinked in confusion before looking down at the drink in question. Oh. "I-I'm sorry, sir," he said, unable to help the stutter. His heart hammered in his chest. "Of course." He turned, reaching for the whipcream bottle, and opened the cup of coffee, squeezing perhaps too much of the decedence into it. Jayden offered the cup back to him. "Here you are, sir." This time, his voice was perfectly bland. Practiced. No stutter at all.

[break][break] It was only a few more minutes. He was almost out —

[break][break] "... have we met before?"

[break][break] The voice broke through. He froze.

[break][break] "I..." What should he do? Should he tell the truth? No, this place was too public. Should he lie? No, he was conditioned against insubordination. His brain whirled with the possibilities, running a million miles a minute in the fraction of what probably should have been a second. He opened his mouth to answer, but someone else cut him off.

[break][break] A girl — his co-worker — placed a hand on his shoulder, and then smiled at Chu-e. Unlike Jayden, she was a regular at this particular establishment. "Probably not, Mr. Ki. Michail only joined us a bit ago." She glanced at the drink still offered in Jayden's hand, held mid-air. She frowned. "What's that? Is something wrong? Mr. Ki, did he mess up your order?" She looked up at Chu-e, expecting him to answer.

[break][break] After all, the customer was always right.

[googlefont="Roboto"]
[googlefont="Poppins"]

[newclass=.slow] width:450px; background:#323232;margin:0px auto;position:relative;border-bottom:10px solid #d2d4ff;font:10px 'Arial';[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowbanner]background:url(https://data.whicdn.com/images/306273332/original.jpg);width:450px;height:200px;background-size:cover;filter:brightness(90%) sepia(100%) hue-rotate(200deg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowstop] position:absolute;margin-top:-200px;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowstoptext]font:45px 'Poppins';line-height:45px;color:#fff;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-5px;text-align:left; border:1px solid #fff; padding:5px; margin:80px 0px 0px 250px;width:150px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slowbody]margin:20px;color:#ccc;font:12px 'Roboto';text-align:justify;border-left:1px solid #fff;border-right:1px solid #fff;padding:0px 20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 7:49:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e Choi was a predator.

It was easy for a lot of people to miss with his current appearance. As delicate as a lamb with bones ripe for the picking; many had tried to rend into tender flesh only to be bitten back by something snarling and dangerous. Like that man who tried to rob him. Or the thieves who thought they could take him captive.

Which was why it was a bit surprising to see the nerves in the barista. To see how he froze, indecisive, a deer choosing between the jaws of the wolf or shattering itself on incoming traffic. Chu-e's eyes were sharp and he was clever. He took a breath, sharp, but was cut off by the woman, his eyes snapping to her instead.

And he shifted, letting himself be something small and sweet and soft again, a small and apologetic smile on his face. "Ah, I'm sorry. You reminded me of someone." He pulls the cup to himself again, glances down almost shyly. "Everything's fine. I just wanted a little extra sweetness today."

He glances back up at Jayden, cheeks slowly pinking, glancing between him and the woman. "Actually... I don't want to be one of... those customers, but..." picking up one of the pens and a napkin, he scribbled down his phone number before sliding it over. "Ah... s-sorry."

Then he turned and went to exit. Chu-e did not leave, not entirely, he simply moved from his indoor booth to one of the outdoor seats, still in view of the counter through the window.

Jayden would most likely be able to parse out the basics of Chu-e's true intentions. He could see the wolf under the lambskin.

But the coworker, when the door clicked shut, let out a soft little huff and gave Jayden a small slap on the back. "That guy is fucking loaded, Michail. Congrats." No customers around to impress for the moment, she snickered at his expense. "Take a fifteen. I'll handle the counter. Bag us a rich one, dude."
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 7:01:47 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

JAYDEN CROSS

Jayden felt tight — like his nerves were strings pulled taught, and any wrong move was enough to make him snap. The prickle that he had felt in his skin when he had first recognized Chu-E was only made worse when he heard the sharp intake of breath from the other — and not even the appearance of a civilian, of his supposed co-worker was enough to distract Jayden from it. For anyone else watching, the interaction would have seemed harmless. It was just another customer complaining about a failed drink. In the food service day, it all too common, probably more common than it should have been.

[break][break But Jayden — and likely Chu-E too — knew better. They had been trained better, trained to react to even the smallest of changes.

[break][break] The sweet and soft Chu-E seems to do wonders on Jessica. She believes it instantly, eyes widening with understanding, and then a sneaky smirk finding its way to her face as she observes the reaction between the two.

[break][break] The man slides a napkin with his number on it over to Jayden, and his reaction — slightly delayed, entirely shocked — is enough to convince her. As the customer disappears outside, the sound of a door clicking shut, Jessica turns to Jayden with a wide smile and gives a hearty statement of encouragement. She gave him a slap on the back, pushing him through the flap that separated the behind the booth space and the rest of the cafe, letting him stumble into the open space.

[break][break] Jayden could hardly keep up. Before he knows it, he's standing outside, the cold wind blowing in his face and his hands, setting his nerves on fire. Everything in him told him to run. Everything he had learned from Dmitri and Alexander told him to get out of there. Chu-E was a beast, a superior. Jayden didn't deserve to be his presence, he didn't and yet —

[break][break] He couldn't defy an order, no matter how subtle it had been.

[break][break] The boy appears in front of , hands slipped into the front pockets of his apron. "I - " He swallows. "Sir, you wanted to speak with me?" He is careful to keep his voice hushed — not that his voice is generally anything but.

[googlefont="Roboto"]
[googlefont="Poppins"]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 8:23:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When Jayden appeared, Chu-e placed his coffee down (with a slight wrinkle of the nose; even with the added whipped cream it was still too bitter). "Take a seat." Was said plainly as he motioned to the chair across from him. His face was kind but there was an intensity to his eyes, studying and assessing the other closely. He would wait for the other to sit before continuing.

"You know, my New Year's Resolution was to be nicer to people." A sigh, as if he was very put out. "But people keep recognizing me." Idly, Chu-e played with his cup, unsure what to do with his hands but needing to fidget. "Name, rank, station, and status. And don't call me 'sir'; I'm 'Ki' in public." He needed to know if this guy was in with the current Rocket or if he was one of the roaches left behind when they all scattered. Also to see if he would cause any problems until he could decide if he was ready to call to his home. 'Michail' seemed to be under the impression that Chu-e had more sway than just his namesake and he also intended to make sure he kept thinking that.

"Don't look so much like a scared kitten, too. You're here on the pretense I'm a lovestruck idiot who would accost minimum wage workers just doing their jobs. You're here to encourage my advances or let me down easy. Act like it."
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 8:37:38 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

JAYDEN CROSS

Chu-E may not have known it, but the expression that Jayden wore on his fact was exactly the same one that he wore in his daily life, Rocket or not. When he was dealing with a particularly difficult customer, when he was getting the mail from the mailman.

[break][break] Social anxiety was a shackle, possibly even worse than Team Rocket themselves.

[break][break] Or maybe not.

[break][break] Jayden blinked at the orders as they pealed out of the other's mouth. It was like he was being warped backwards in time, when his life was full of structure and so much easier. Or, well, maybe not easier, but at the very least, more predictable. Obediently, he pulled out a chair and sat next to him, and it seemed like the effort of not having to stand - was this the first time he had sat down all day - relieved some of the tension from his bones.

[break][break] "I call all the customers sir," he explained, blinking owlishly, his voice blank as it always was. He couldn't help it; it was the truth. He shifted in his chair slightly, pulling out a piece of paper out of the front of his breast pocket, and in elegant scrawl, wrote down the information that Chu-E requested. Jayden Cross, son of Nikolai and Cäcilia Cross. Brother to Alexander Cross. Former Elite. Lifetime member. It was likely Chu-E would recognize at least one of those names before his own, given that despite his Elite former status, Jayden was fairly unrecognizable. He left the other information blank, because he was unsure how to provide it, and carefully slid it towards the other.

[break][break] Thinking of what Chu-E had mentioned earlier, he added, "... But I can call you whatever you like, sir." He was careful to keep his words soft, and then sat back in his chair, waiting for the other to respond to him.

[googlefont="Roboto"]
[googlefont="Poppins"]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 8:58:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e clicked his tongue. This was most likely a bad thing.

"Please," He started, and it was clear despite the niceties it was not a request. "Don't call me 'sir' again." His tone was only slightly clipped. There was a quick and cursory glance at the paper. A clear bit of disgust showed when he snarled his upper lip at the names. Ugh. The Cross family. Another glance at Jayden, more to take in his features. Face as blank as a sheet of fresh paper. Well, it was not the violent one. So this one must have been the 'soulless' one he had heard whispered about.

Chu-e did not particularly think he seemed soulless. Just... reserved. With a father like Nikolai he could understand that. He wondered if he had ever even met him before. For a lifetime member, he was pretty unremarkable to have been on people's lips from time to time. Idle gossip had never been something he was interested in but he wasn't deaf to it.

He bit his lip as he tried to reach for words. Something about Jayden's aura stole any fleeting thoughts. The man was so goddamn unremarkable. He had been so eager to please, so willing to out himself at Chu-e's request, then having to deal with that father... a monster; and Chu-e was quite the expert, being one himself.

Ah. Something clicked.

"Cross," His voice was low and calm, angled more like a question than a request this time. "If I told you to go kill your coworker right now, for the good of Rocket, to prove your loyalty... would you do that?"
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 6:02:54 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

JAYDEN CROSS

Please.

[break][break] He said please, but it was not a favor. "I- " Jayden opened his mouth, but promptly closed it as the other half of the man's sentence fell to his ears. "Of course." He bit his lip to prevent himself from uttering the reflexive sir that was bound to come to his lips; it wasn't his fault. He had been trained to treat others with respect, no matter his current station. He paused, and then said, "...Ki." He thought about saying Mr. Ki, but he figured that would not have gone over all too well either.

[break][break] The dark-haired boy remained silent as the other went through over the note he had sent him, his face perfectly blank and unreadable. Jayden did not even begin to imagine what was going through the former Beast's head. It surely became apparent to him what he was, and the silence that existed between them was polite, not uncomfortable. A gust passed between them, lightly whipping Jayden's hair, as the other turned his head to distract himself.

[break][break] Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the far away shadows of his coworkers, all likely clambering over each other in order to collect snippets of the conversation. Without avail, though. The difference between the indoor and outside meant that they wouldn't be able to hear him, and Jayden's impassive face meant that he could give nothing away.

[break][break] Cross.

[break][break] The word - his name - spoken from the other's mouth made his head snap back towards him, half in alarm and half in obedience. Just like , he too had an alias to uphold. However, the words that came out of the other's mouth was perhaps more shocking.

[break][break] Or at least, it would have been, if it weren't Jayden.

[break][break] The Team Rocket grunt blinked, letting the silence hang between them. Whatever was going through Jayden's mind at the time was impossible to see, as he blinked owlishly at the other and said, with absolutely clarity, "Absolutely."

[break][break] There was no hesitation. Just a resounding quiet, as his brain began to click and clack, organizing how he would be able to pull off a feat for the other with minimal risk. His hand reflexively went to his side, where he had a blade hidden under his possession.

[break][break] It was a move that Chu-E Choi would not be likely to miss. Now, Ji-hoon Ki... that was a different story entirely.

[googlefont="Roboto"]
[googlefont="Poppins"]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 8:26:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh, Chu-e caught the movement. His eyes were sharp. You didn't last long in the belly of old Rocket unless you joined those skills sharper than your blades. Yet he did not move, did not flinch, did not even dip his eyes in that direction. Control.

"Alright." His intensity did not let up as he continued to stare the other down, eyes set with steel and ice. "And if I asked you to use whatever you're hiding to slit your own throat? Not even for Rocket. Just because I would want to see it."

Chu-e snapped his mouth closed, teeth clinking as if to bite his own words, lips pressed into a thin line. He would stay still and simply watch for a time. To see if this would finally make the withering bud of the other's face bloom.

But Chu-e already knew the answer before he could even ask.

Leaning back, he hummed and relaxed a bit, some of his sharp edges once again being tucked under the false wool of 'Ki'. "Don't do either of those things, by the way." He started, idle. "You've been broken to pieces, haven't you? Then those pieces forced back into a new shape."

He picked up his coffee, took an idle sip.

"We've not known each other for fifteen minutes and I can see that. It's sad." The tone he used was not pitying; he spoke like he was stating a fact. "You're useless to Rocket. You're a pretty toy that will be snapped in two and thrown away. Sad, pathetic, and you'll be happy to have it happen, won't you?"

He smiled and it was anything but pleasant. "What's hiding under that veneer, I wonder? What do you think you could have been, Cross?"
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 18:30:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","slow"]

JAYDEN CROSS

And if I asked you to use whatever you're hiding to slit your own throat? Not even for Rocket. Just because I would want to see it.

[break][break] The words struck him with surprise, though it was barely visible on his face, and he stilled. To kill himself for the amusement of others? It was not the first time he had found himself on the other side of someone who had asked the same of him. Having been in Rocket for nearly an entire life time... that should not have been surprising.

[break][break] He blinked. "Of course not, S-" he paused. "Ki." There were many things that he would do for Rocket, but killing himself was not one of them. It was not because he particularly valued his own life. No. There was a flash of a memory as he recalled his father's bright, liquid blood gaze, his sharply-angled features, and the warmth of his hand upon his cheek. Death is not a laughing matter, Mischa. It is a privilege.

[break][break] And that hand, which had been so warm upon such a time, could be just as quick to strike him.

[break][break] Even in death, Dmitri Volkov's influence remained.

[break][break] "There are boundaries," he said simply, face perfectly blank and tone exceedingly neutral, as he was delivering the weather, not the denial of a request for suicide.

[break][break] But, of course, Chu-E's request had not been genuine. He was flippant in his response, then, leaning back and tucking his wolf of a personality inside his sheep of a alias. The change into "Ki" was a fascinating transformation to watch, and Jayden inclined his head as the other spoke about broken pieces. Broken and put back together? An intriguing thought indeed.

[break][break] Despite the tone in which he spoke, Ki's words were fanged and made to pierce, to drag Jayden through the metaphorical dirt. However, the poor boy had spent too much time around similar characters, knew the Beast in Chu-E Choi better than he did his own mind. 'Happy?' Had Jayden ever known such a thing?

[break][break] "I'm sorry that you think that," A pause. He blinked, staring back straight at the other with that same blank stare of his. What Chu-E had said did not strike with his surprise; it was not anything he hadn't already heard and known before. However, the retired Beast was wrong. Jayden was not made of brittle - quite the opposite, actually. Dmitri had forged him with iron, yet made him malleable and flexible, easy to bend and craft. No matter what was done to him, he would not snap.

[break][break] He glanced back at the cafe again, but it seemed like his coworkers had moved away from the windows, to deal with likely the onslaught of customers that were to begin. His break was almost over.

[break][break] He looked back at . "... Is that all?"

[googlefont="Roboto"]
[googlefont="Poppins"]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 20:45:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A laugh was startled out of Chu-e. An ugly thing.

"Hmm... Maybe I was wrong? Interesting." And his eyes took on a deadly glint- a very bad thing for . Catching the interest of someone like Choi was rarely a good thing. Taking the time to tuck a stray hair behind his ear, almost demure in how he glanced from under his lashes now, he picked up a napkin and took out his pen. His writing was soft enough to not rip the delicate paper, loopy and large. When he was done, the paper was pushed at the other.

"When your coworkers ask, you were charmed by me and agreed to go on a date. Maybe my ass helped. Feel free to drip whatever lewd little words in there you want; I don't really care what they think of me." The paper was a date, time, and location. "You're going to help me with a little something. A test. Don't be late."

Chu-e closed his eyes and took a breath, features softening even more so, the spines tucked down down down so only the soft and raw skin remained. When he opened them again, Choi was gone. Ki took his place fully, not the in between it had been before, and his cheeks were tinted with a soft pink. This was why he had picked a seat with his back to the window.

He waited until one of Jayden's coworkers had opened the door, a breath on their lips to call for the blank man to come back in. "Micheal," Ki interrupted them before they could speak, a show for the audience of one. "T-thank you... I..." He glanced to the side, the flush deepening a bit. He stood up quickly, awkwardly, and started to leave. Paused besides of Jayden.

"I'll... see you?" And Chu-e's voice sounded so sweet and hopeful, stars dancing in his eyes. Leaning over, he pressed a quick kiss to the other's cheek. A searing brand. Then he ducked away, pretended to notice the coworker, and dashed off down the street.

When Chu-e was out of view, he laughed again. An ugly thing.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 4:33:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: