he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 1:08:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was an average winter day in Hoenn. Which, for a tropical environment, was still fairly warm; there was fake snow on the ground, but it wasn’t fooling anyone.

In the park stood a massive evergreen tree - imported, of course. And around it were a number of children and adults; decorating the tree was an activity for the children of Slateport, with adults supervising and aiding them.

Hideo was among them, helping place ornaments along the tree. Watching over him was the youngest of his older sisters...by which it meant she was just on her phone, watching from a good distance away.

There were a number of ice-type Pokemon aiding them - all belonging to the people participating. In particular, Hideo had drawn the attention of a Galarian Mr.Mime, who’d caught on to the boy’s disability and was keeping an eye on him; it was one part keeping an eye on him, to make sure he was safe.

It was also so it could mimic all his movements, doing a one-to-one impression of everything Hideo was doing - save for the closed eyes. It garnered quite a bit of amusement for the people watching/participating.

Hideo had given up on trying to find out why everyone was laughing, just writing it off as a result of their enjoyment. He was just glad to be able to help make this another wonderful Christmas.

@open

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 1:44:36 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was actually an accident that he sent out Beepin. Chu-e had been reaching for Breezy's ball, hoping the Taillow could assist in placing ornament higher in the tree than most could reach. But he had been distracted by a little girl who wanted one of his feathers, so he didn't pay much mind until the Zororark as released. Chu-e was about to freak out and call her back, avoid disaster since he did not trust her in large crowds yet, but before he got the chance she bounded off.

Beepin had caught a scent she liked. One the belonged to Hideo. She rounded the tree, Chu-e happening to be on the opposite side to not see him, and then bounded at the boy. She narrowly skidded to a halt before crashing into him, sharp claws scraping the ground, her mouth already pouring drool and she chattered and tried to press her face against the boy.

Chu-e came around the tree about that time, worried for the oncoming bloodbath, but honestly managed to relax when he saw that Beepin wasn't eating someone's beloved Pikachu. Taking a breath, he approached as well. "Hey, kiddo. How have you been?" And it would make sense if Hideo didn't remember him, or maybe forgot some details, but Chu-e could at least be friendly since Beepin seemed to adore him for whatever reason.

anyone feel free to join, too! let's make this thread SPICY
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 5:23:24 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

I KNOW I TOOK THE PATH THAT YOU WOULD NEVER WANT FOR ME

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad2"]

Bryan had been wandering about enjoying the winter festivities. Slateport park had a winter festival event type of thing going on, Bryan wasn't really sure what it was but he didn't really care. All he really cared about was that he wanted to just enjoy the people hanging around the area. Especially a familiar face amongst the crowd, he spotted ji-hoon from the recent events.

He walked over to him with his Audino following behind in her little Christmas outfit which was simply a ribbon with Christmas decorations on it. "You didnt tell me you have a son." he said giving a small smirk to Chu-e, he wasnt sure if it was really his kid or not, he seemed too young to have a child. "Merry Christmas you both." he said as he waved to both of them.

[attr="class","lovemad1"]
NOTES:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 20:37:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
A hush came across the crowd - one that caught Hideo’s attention and gave him pause. The Zoroark’s sudden approach drew the attention of most of the participants. Quite a few were ready to defend the boy - until they saw the Pokemon only wanted to nuzzle the boy.

He brushed a hand against its head, recognizing that massive mane immediately. “Friendly! You’re...a Zoroark, right? Only one I know belongs to Mr. Ki...

Sure enough, he heard someone address him, and he was able to put two and two together. He didn’t recognize him by voice alone, but he was the only guy he knew by name that had a Zoroark. “...’cause you are Mr. Ki’s Zoroark! Hi, Mr. Ki!” He waved over in the direction of where he heard his voice - which the Galarian Mr.Mime mimicked. “Been doing pretty well! I’m just helping get the Christmas tree set up. It’s something we do every year.

The other participants went back to their conversing and decorating, content to see this wasn't a wild Pokemon going to attack a kid.

Then another man spoke up. Him, he didn’t recognize, though it sounded like he was familiar with Ki. “Merry Christmas to you too, Mr…um...” He had no idea how to address him, opting only to wave towards him (he had no idea the man had already waved to him - it was just a reflex).

The Mr.Mime mimicked his gesture again, including the petting motion he was performing on the Zoroak (albeit just on the air).

"So have you been doing well?  You had a safe trip to Mossdeep, Mr.Ki?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 14:46:04 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At the pets, already the drool was starting to flow from Beepin. She seemed perfectly content to just crush her large head against the boy's chest and enjoy his affection. Even if Hideo did seem a bit unsure at first, it did make Chu-e feel nice to be recognized in a more positive manner. In his old life, not too many people had been happy to see him coming. Even less happy to have to speak to him.

Chu-e was about to answer him when he heard another familiar voice. Glancing up, he smiled wider at the approaching man. "Bryan! What are you doing all the way out in Slateport?" He seemed as pleased to see him as he was Hideo. Chuckling softly, he shook his head. "Oh yes, the resemblance is just striking. I'm sure I was also a wonderful teen mom." Playful sarcasm.

Carefully, he reached into his bag, where had stored a few of his own decorations for the tree, and carefully offered Hideo and Bryan one each; two shades of green with little star gems connected to a loop. Lunar Wing styled charms meant to ward off nightmares and an important part of holiday traditions to him. "Bryan, this is Hideo. He's not my kid, just a sweetheart who could probably charm a raging Tyrantrum." At least, if how Beepin reacted to him was any indication he could. "Hideo, this is Bryan. We met in Lilycove, then he helped me in Mossadeep. Which, I made it there perfectly fine! I'm even all settled back in. How have you both been?"

There was a small squeak from his bag, his Snom having woken up from her nap. She huffed and started to crawl out, her ice scales rubbing a cool trail up her trainer's arm as she went.
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 8:15:00 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

[break]

Bryan looked over to see a small growlithe using the move ember to light some fire pits to keep everyone warm on the winter night as despite the tropical climate, the ocean breeze brought a very strong chill with it. When Ji-hoon greeted Bryan he gave a small little smirk to the man "Work called me over to Slateport. I travel a lot for them, you?" he asked curiously as he introduced himself to the young boy as well and gave a small grin at Chu-e playful response to his question.. [break][break]

"Like Mr ki said im bryan, and this is..." he said opening his bag as a togepi popped out of it. "Togi the togepi." he said as togepi chirped at the group with its famous brrrrii noise. Togepi had a sweater wrapped around it's egg body that made it look like a red Christmas ornament meant for the tree that Billi helped him pick out. "I found this little guy recently, I think it's his first Christmas. So I was trying to show him what it's about." [break][break]

Chu-e even gave Bryan the perfect opportunity to do so, he handed togepi the ornament and lifted it up towards the tree so that Togepi could place it himself.  "Calm a raging tyrantum huh? that's an awfully big claim." he said teasing the boy a bit "I'd like to try and see that first hand." 

NOTES:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 18:02:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Ah, that was his name. “Well it’s nice to meet you too, Mr. Bryan!

The boy’s attention was immediately taken by the Togepi’s distinctive cry. “Awwwwwww! He sounds so cuuuuuute!” It was best that Hideo couldn’t see how Togi was wrapped in his scarf; he would’ve died from the adorableness. “I hope the big Delibird gives you something great for your first Christmas, Togi!

Hideo grinned as the two men joked about his charming skills. “Haven’t done that yet, but you could probably see how much Mr.Ki’s Zoroark likes me. I read that they’re usually pretty cautious Pokemon, so if she likes me this much, it must mean I’m real easy to trust!

Or that he was just that nonthreatening. “It’s aaaaaall in the headpats! Works every time!” He gave Beepin a few more just to prove it. “Just need to find a Tyrantum,and I could give it a shot!

Hideo felt out the charm that Ki had given him. He wasn’t sure what it was for, but it felt like it could be hung on something. “I got someone who can help place this.” He took out a Pokeball, letting out his Ribombee. “This is a Pokemon I got a little while before I met you, Mr. Ki. His name’s Pinky!

The bug-type waved to the others, and two things would be apparent to the others: one, that despite the name, he was very much yellow. And two, he was nearly half the size of a normal Ribombee, only four inches tall. “I call him that ‘cause when he was a Cutiefly, he could fit on my pinky.

That earned him a harmless punch to the cheek from the glaring bug. “Alright, alright! I won’t embarrass you any more! Just put this up somewhere nice, ok? Somewhere where a Delibird could see it!

He handed the charm to his Pokemon, who floated up to find a good spot to place it. “I’ve mostly been busy; I got a mentor who’s really fun to learn with, and he’s always taking me out to do stuff! Even respects that I can do a lot of stuff for myself...though I still got no luck convincing my parents to let me go out and do stuff on my own; I’m only here ‘cause my sister is here too.

Of course, the men would be hard-pressed to pick his sister out from the other chaperones; she was still buried in her phone.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 2:26:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I'm just here for the shopping. Mossadeep is usually nice and quiet, but it doesn't have a big selection." He did let out a pleased gasp at the Togepi, reaching out to try and take it's little hands in his. Then the appearance of the tiny Ribombee and his heart melted. "You both really know how to make a guy happy... both of your pokemon are so cute!" He hardly noticed the growlithe light the fire pits he was so excited.

At the extra attention, Beepin chuffed deeply and tilted her head to push back against the pets, wanting even more. She was kind of selfish like that.

"I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for one for the next time we cross paths." He laughed softly.

"You have a mentor? Oh, that's great! I hope they're teaching you a lot of, like, actually useful things." It was a shame about those parents but he was confident that Hideo would wear them down eventually. "Do either of you want some hot coco? I saw a booth that was serving some on the other side of the plaza. I wanted some anyway, so I don't mind grabbing some extra."
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 7:31:43 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

[break]

Bryan sat there and watched as snom's icy scales chilled Chu-e's arm as it climbed up. It looked really cold and Bryan shivered in response to it. Oh god, wait this kid was actually super cute. [break][break]

Bryan had a secret weakness to cute things, it was why he'd never admit out loud he actually really liked Fairy types to anyone. "pinky huh? That's a cute name, and im sure your headpats could calm down any Pokémon. Maybe it's your special ability like Pokémon." he said smirking a bit as he giggled at him. [break][break]

Bryan responded to ji-hoon, "sure id' love some. I got a little something for ours if you want." he said pulling out one of the small airplane bottles of Irish cream (wtf is it called in canon since ireland doesnt exist? Galar cream? DOES THAT WORK LIKE THAT?) 

NOTES:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 3:15:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Pinky placed the charm up high on the tree, gently floating back down to his trainer. He took a seat on his trainer’s head, carefully adjusting the boy’s hair until it covered him like a blanket, with only the little bug-type’s head sticking out.

Best seat in the house~” Hideo said, giggling to himself. “Mr. Ki says you’re really cute, Pinky!

He would have pet Pinky, but his hands were occupied with Beepin. Big girl really seemed to want those headpats, and Hideo wasn’t one to deny a Zoroark.

He’s actually been teaching me a lot of stuff! We’ve even been travelling a lot and he’s fun to be with. It’s kinda crazy how much stuff we’ve been doing lately!” He deliberately avoided going into more detail; he did go on a lot of exciting adventures, but his parents would probably get Doug fired if they found out some of the stuff they did together.  Chances were other adults might have a similar reaction.

Fortunately, it seemed like Ki was going to grab some refreshments. “I’ll take a cup!” the boy said, “I’m not going anywhere!” He brushed his hand against Beepin’s fur to make the reason why a little clearer. As if anyone wouldn’t know.

Which would mean he’d be left with Bryan (and Beepin, and Togi). “Who knows? There’s plenty of talk of people getting powers from Pokemon. Maybe one visited me and gave me the best headpats?” He couldn’t resist laughing at his own joke; of course that couldn’t happen.

You know, New Years’ll be coming up pretty soon, Mr Bryan. You got any resolutions?” Maybe a bit abrupt, but it was a good conversation-starter. “I’m hoping that I can convince my parents to let me do my own stuff. I wanna start traveling around Hoenn, getting badges and adventures and stuff.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 22:47:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e gave a quick, startled laugh at the bottle of alcohol. Well, he hadn't been planning on drinking today but a little nip never hurt anyone. They would just need to make sure that didn't get any by accident. So, he stepped away with a wave, allowing the other two a few minutes to chat on their own. The line was quite busy and it took him longer than expected but soon he came back with a drink container with three cups of hot coco. It looks like that wasn't his only treat! Sitting in the fourth, empty cup holder was a trio of cake pops on sticks. They were festive, decorated like the shiny ornaments going on the tree.

"Sorry about that!" He said when he got back, not hesitating to shove the drink holder into 's hands. First thing's first, he took one of the cake pops, a cute blue one, and one of the cups. "Here's yours, Hideo!" And he held out to the boy could easily find and take it on his own. "I got us something extra! Do you want the pink or purple one, Bryan?" They were all the same flavor, a sweet chocolate, but maybe the aesthetics mattered to the other.
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:03:23 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

[break]

"I'll take the purple one, thanks." he said as he took the cake pop and the drink. he stuck the whole cake pop in his mouth and began to chew on it as he opened the little bottle of liquor  and waited for Ji-hoon to claim his cup before pouring a little bit into his cup, not too much though since Bryan wasn't the richest person and liquor was not cheap. [break][break]

"And back to you, there seems to be a new pokemon who can give powers every other day so I wouldn't be surprised." he said as he stuck around a bit to engage in a bit more conversation with the group, however his phone began to buzz as a mission from rocket came in for him "Ah, I gotta go. Work is calling. I'll see you guys around then" hopefully as he put his phone away and shook hands with Hideo and gave Chu-e a little wave with his hand.  Seems like remiel had a little job for him with gardevoirs.

NOTES: exit postieeeee ty for thread

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 17:32:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
His fingers met with something much softer than a cup. He nearly grabbed it with the Zoroark-slobber-covered hand, pulling it back when he was a mere inch away. Didn’t want a taste of that now did he?

Tiny cake safely in his clean(er - there was some Zoroark fur on it) hand, he grabbed the cocoa cup with his other hand, more than ready to enjoy both. “Thanks, Mr. Ki!” Hideo said as he took a nice big bite out of the cake.

The big smile on his face as he chewed would be enough of a sign that he loved the taste.

Though before he could swallow, Bryan had to run off. Ah well. “It wash nish meeting you, Mishter Bryan!” Hideo said, waving to the man (still unaware the man waved to him too).

He finished off the cake quickly, getting back to brushing his hand on Beepin’s back. Didn’t want her getting agitated, after all.

Too bad he left before he could share his resolution, but I guess some people don’t want to share them. Or maybe he didn’t think of one yet. Not like everyone has to decide on theirs this soon.” Wasn’t New Years yet, but it was coming up. “You got any resolutions, Mr. Ki? I’m hoping I can start my trainer journey next year.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 9:52:29 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e hummed and accepted the drink, waving his own quick 'bye' to 's back with the hand holding his cake pop. He swirled the drink around a little before taking a sip. Guess it would be extra warming. It was also nice to confirm it was just as nice watching Bryan leave as it had been seeing him show up.

"That's a good goal to have." Chu-e said, a bit absently at first. He was starting to feel not great all of a sudden. Damn. "I guess my resolution would be to have no regrets this year." And, ugh, yeah, he was getting sick. Idly, he shoved his untouched cake pop into 's hand and called Beepin back into her ball.

"I... I think a dizzy spell is coming over me, kid. I'm going to skedaddle too, I think." Ugh, he absolutely hated this. He couldn't even stay out too long before having an episode. Damnit. With that in mind, Chu-e called out Prince, one of his service pokemon, and let the Gardevoir help lead him off.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Make It A Beauty [Open]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 23:16:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: