Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in honor of the fallen [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 2:23:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

she stood there for a long moment watching the sun glint and sparkle on the facets of the delphox statue’s staff. the sea breeze tousled the hair of her mousy brown wig and felt better than any other skin on her neck. it was a moment to ponder what was about to happen and to finish a smoke.

she glanced down at the card. nicole jones. who the hell was nicole jones?

lulu, impeccably disguised and unassuming, approached the entrance and presented her identification and the form.

“nikki jones. here for my scheduled traditional singles battle with gym leader selena.” she paused for a moment while it was looked over. “unfortunately my weezing didn’t make it through the war. i’ll be battling with hydreigon instead, if that’s alright.”

she breathed evenly, calm like stone, staring at the doors and willing them to open for her. her first battle. this was all her post-war brain could focus on anymore.

a hand fell to her side; feeling for her pokeballs on the wrong hip with the bad arm, reminding herself of their new place on her belt. she raised her chin a touch, not allowing herself to fall off her game.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 10:12:36 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
in honor of the fallen

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

“thanks, johanna. i'll take it from here,” selena makes her way to introduce herself to the challenger named nikki jones.[break][break]

from just one look, selena could tell the person is wearing a wig. there is nuance that is impossible to miss especially for her who has been going undercover for years before her tenure in hoenn. luckily for the challenger, selena has no intentions of being nosy about her hair of choice.[break][break]

“it's alright. and i'm sorry for your loss. anyway, shall we proceed?”[break][break]

her hand waves towards the corridor that leads them to the courtyard arena in the middle of her gym.[break][break]

“it's my first time taking challenges after the war. i hope you like the renovated interiors.”[break][break]

ooc: ...

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 0:48:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

note: adding in my solrock as a spectator--it's now lulu's constant companion--let's just pretend it was there lingering in the first post too?

she regarded the gym leader with a true look of curiosity as the assistant was dismissed. a smile that was uncharacteristic, and thus perfect for the occasion, regurgitated some kind of warmness deep within her.

the condolences were short. such a curt nature wasn’t expected from a woman with cotton candy hair, but it commanded respect. she shook the brief final image of weezing out of her mind and simply nodded, not yet having had the opportunity to speak.

as the woman continued, lulu followed, her eyes trailing up the architecture and then to the beauty of the courtyard they were led to. solrock seemed to immediately enjoy the sunlight, despite its lack of expression.

“of course.” she responded agreeably but not dishonestly, “they’re beautiful.”

she said nothing more, not feeling the need to push any further conversation. she awaited instruction. she wouldn’t disclose that this would be her first gym battle—not yet.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 20:53:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

in honor of the fallen

gym challengers rarely have similar expressions in their faces that's why each and everyone of them bears distinction in selena's memory. nikki seems to be the type to look and appear silent but is persistent and determined to succeed. perhaps, a nervous first timer?[break][break]

“from what i remember, you wanted a two-on-two singles match. is that correct?”[break][break]

as they enter the courtyard, she holds her hand in-front of the challenger, telling her to stop in her current position as she continues to walk on the other side of the arena. she speaks again, the effort to make it louder is audible in her tone.[break][break]

“defeat my two pokemons and you'll have the mystery badge.” there is a brief pause before a delphox leaps down from the second floor.[break][break]

“my first one will be circe.”[break][break]

ooc: ...

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 21:38:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

“that’s correct.” she confirmed. “i appreciate your time.”

lulu took a small step back as the delphox seemed to appear out of thin air, but her solrock seemed to not be surprised, as though having sensed the other pokemon’s presence. she admired the canine pokemon as she took her place on the opposite side of the arena. she knew it to be a psychic type, like the meteorite companion which levitated close to her head.

“alright, then. i’ll be using hydreigon.”

a hand retrieved the ball from her belt and held it out to release the dark three-headed dragon. it flapped its thin, ragged wings and gave a sort of low battle-cry. the two awaited the go-ahead, not sure when to begin, or who went first.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 17:51:31 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

in honor of the fallen

“i suppose we take the first move now, am i correct?”[break][break]

selena smiles and circe reflects the same confidence, retrieving the staff secured inside the fluff of her crimson mane. she extends the wooden stick in front of her body while holding out her other arm, enchanting herself with future sight.[break][break]

ooc:[break]
DELPHOX uses FUTURE SIGHT.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 1:59:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

on second thought, perhaps transparency was the best route. as great of a researcher as she certainly was, the rulebook was eluding her. “selena, i’ll be honest. this is my first gym battle.”

it felt strange to admit greenness; weakness to a stranger. if anything, though, she knew when she had something to learn, and not to let the opportunity evade her.

it began.

she’d studied movesets. future sight was not one she had yet dealt with in person, but she knew what it was a psychic move—something her hydreigon was immune to. she was also aware the delphox was vulnerable to dark type moves. “nothing to worry about, hydreigon! use NASTY PLOT!

if the delphox wanted inside the hydreigon’s mind—which would be a feat, really, for scientifically it seemed to have none in its three heads, and it was a wonderous paradox that it was listening at all—it would likely find only horrible things emboldening it for its next move.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 4:11:11 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

in honor of the fallen

future sight is perhaps one of the moves that most define her gym and her badge. intuition is something that takes time to cultivate and more so to master.[break][break]

“irregardless. this gym is all about intuition. it doesn't matter if it's your first time or not: you know your pokemon and that bond should have helped you overcome any obstacles!”[break][break]

delphox's raised arms now are now brought to her sides: after using future sight, circe begins to cast around herself some light screen[break][break]

ooc:[break]
DELPHOX uses LIGHT SCREEN.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 4:57:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

she knew some about selena desmarais. she was gifted and renowned investigative reporter. as a hacker and part of rocket’s intel, lulu kept her eyes on the news and media. it was interesting to see the woman in action and feel her intensity.

selena was correct about the bond lulu had with her pokemon. withdrawn from other people to a high degree, she had spent much time with her pokemon, especially over the prior couple of months in hiding. they’d trained. they’d lived amongst each other in the woods, out of pokeballs, surviving together as essentially squatters.

she merely nodded. intuition wasn’t about words.

as the gleaming light shield came up, lulu bit the inside of her lip. damn. heidreigon shined with its special attacks—and increasing delphox’s special attack didn’t bode well. but there was another way.

“hold back!” the hydreigon stopped after taking an aggressive step forward towards its opponent. “focus! think about hitting them with all you’ve got!”

a hot pink aura burst around the dragon, using WORK UP and increasing its aggressive energy and attack strength as it awaited its opponent’s next move.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 10:42:54 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
It is supposed to be a gym leader's initiative to halt the battle from getting at an impasse. The pinkette nod towards her delphox who then copies the gesture then runs head straight towards the hydreigon's three heads, raises its staff and uses DAZZLING GLEAM.

The wooden staff glows an ominous pink which glimmers so bright that attempts to dazzle the dragon.

“Circe has drawn the first blood. Now, show us what you got!”

DELPHOX has LIGHT SCREEN (2/5).
DELPHOX uses DAZZLING GLEAM.

GYM CHALLENGE:

delphox (f) / blaze / future sight - dazzling gleam - heat wave - light screen - shadow ball - shock wave / coven lex talionis (z-move)
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 5:58:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

a spectrum of light reflected off of lulu’s glasses, blinding her momentarily. she shielded her eyes. the hydreigon let out a brutal sound as it was impacted. lulu gritted her teeth at the sound. all at once, her competitive nature seemed to be unleashed.

without a moment’s hesitation, she gave the command. “shake it off! CRUNCH!”

the dragon stabilized and then lunged forward, darkness seeming to exude from the mouths on its heads as the went in to snap at the majestic fox pokemon. each of the heads attacked from a different angle.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 10:04:23 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Circe is sure the glimmer of fairy light heavily affected the dragon, but it does not stop it from retaliating so fast. Even when her light screen cannot block the lunging dragon, luckily, it is nothing more than what her FUTURE SIGHT allows her to prepare for.

The vixen slips past the dragon from underneath its position, then stands back near to where is ordering her pokemon. The delphox waves her staff once more then summons HEAT WAVE into the dragon's side.

A sea of red envelops the arena, flare licking through the grasses and hopefully into the dragon's skin. Circe uses the wave to get back to Selena's side, waiting for her next action.

“That's actually nice! But don't say we didn't come prepared.”

DELPHOX has LIGHT SCREEN (3/5).
DELPHOX's FUTURE SIGHT allows her to avoid HYDREIGON'S CRUNCH.
DELPHOX uses HEAT WAVE.

GYM CHALLENGE:
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 22:16:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

as the battle heated up, so did lulu’s and her hydreigon’s determination. when the dragon’s move was predicted, its heads chomped down on air, and the fox slipped underneath it, its speed proving a great advantage over the cumbersome beast. it made up for this in power, so long as it could get in a hit. thankfully, the hydreigon could sense movement with impeccable accuracy. the delphox’s movements were gravitational.

frustrated, it turned towards it, immediately feeling the effect of the heat wave. it continued to growl, panting through it, not yet ready to call it quits.

“GO!” lulu urged it, this time allowing the dragon to make its own call, fully trusting it, while not entirely sure she could control it in its fury, anyways. hydreigons were well-known for their blind destructiveness.

the dragon glowed purple, plumes of smoke spewing from its nostrils before it ran forward again with another cry, intending on impacted the gym leader’s delphox with a glorious OUTRAGE. with the move's near infallible rate of accuracy, lulu hoped it would hit. despite the boost the delphox would receive from this via its LIGHT SCREEN, she was glad she had given the pokemon free rein.
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:44:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
It is in Nikki's best interest to let her hydreigon to the work for her. As soon as the dragon rampages towards her delphox, the impact from its outrage sends the vixen backing down from its aggression. The LIGHT SCREEN doesn't work as much as it has to, but the battle is just starting for them to fully gauge each other's strength.

“Use this opportunity again. Blind them!”

Circe doesn't even wait for the dragon to stop. Her staff glimmers in familiar carnation and hits its face with DAZZLING GLEAM.

DELPHOX has LIGHT SCREEN (4/5).
DELPHOX is hit by OUTRAGE. It deals normal damage.
DELPHOX uses DAZZLING GLEAM.

GYM CHALLENGE: TRADITIONAL - SINGLE

#

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 9:19:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

While the blinding light was enough to assault lulu’s eyes from a distance and blind her from the battle, visually, Hydreigon was undisturbed. despite deception slits where some sort of eyes looked like they might have been, it possessed none, relying on other senses to find its way around. regardless, this did not save it from itself, nor its opponent. The effects of its outrage caused it to briefly head in the other direction, and its heads snapped at each other, causing minor self-inflicted injuries.

'Damnit. I can't see anything..' still recovering,Lulu tried to blink the assaulting light from her eyes, trusting from the mere sound of her Hydreigon that it would do its best to prevail. They could only hope the move wouldn’t be used a third time while the beast stumbled about.