awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 15:46:10 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
"I lost my miner's hat in the fire!" Chryssa shot back, "My parents were killed trying to escape a gas explosion in the mines, and that hat was the last memento I had of either of them!" She sagged against her Lapras' shell, pretending to be faint. 

Squirtle's powerful skull came bursting out of the water like a breaching Wailord, sending the little grass snake flying like a scrap of paper in the wind. Chryssa heard her splash down again distantly. "Curses. Not bad, Zac Rambutan. Mega Drain, Nathera! Don't stop!" she called-- the Squirtle was too powerful physically for the Snivy to handle up close. They had to keep their distance. 

Bulbs of green light began to swirl again, mobilizing to attack the enemy Squirtle. It was the closest thing Nathara had to a distance attack and she tried to swim farther away at the same time, using the Mega Drain as a smokescreen to make her getaway.  

1/3

tBl7Ytni
MEGA DRAIN (DAMAGE) 

Snivy healed 1! (0/3)
Snivy was damaged by Skull Bash! (1/3)
Snivy used Mega Drain
Snivy readied a Dodge!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:08:07 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

baby battle
water routes | battle

MUSIC

"That's not true Chryssa, you told me your parents had you when they were in their thirties! They weren't minors at all! And have you called them recently?"
    With Chryssa on the ropes emotionally, Zac finally saw an opportunity to set Snivy back in the battle. It had been back and forth for when felt like minutes, and Squirtle had a strong shot...if only she took the hit. 
    "Mags! Get in there! Take the hit and blast that Snivy with a super strength water pulse!"

In a shocking flashback to Zac's first move in the battle, Mags swam straight into the Mega Drain. This time though it was on purpose. And it was tactical! With a clear shot at the escaping snake, Squirtle set out a lance of swirling, tumbling water. If it hit, Snivy would be sent tumbling, confused and vulnerable!

HwJY47t4 + 10
Squirtle used Water Pulse (Damage)

+ 10
Squirtle used Water Pulse (Status-Confusion)

Squirtle was hit by MEGA DRAIN (2/3)
Squirtle's Torrent activated (+10 to water moves)
Squirtle used WATER PULSE (Damage)
Squirtle used WATER PULSE (Status-Confusion)

Hits (2/3)

NOTES:
TAG:

·
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:32:20 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Had she been standing, Chryssa would have staggered. "I... my... I haven't..." she sputtered, actually thrown off by the psychological attack. Had she called her parents recently? Last time they'd spoken, they'd been trying to get her to come back home for Arceusmas. Arceusmas.
Arceusmas
Arceus
While her trainer was being triggered by thoughts of religious holidays, Nathara wriggled her body, swimming faster away from the Squirtle. She'd put quite a bit of distance between herself and the turtle's hard skull, but the Mega Drain wasn't enough to keep the threat at bay. The Snivy heard Zac call out to his Pokemon and her stomach sank.

She heard the roar first-- of rushing rapids, of wave crashing against water. There was no escaping the lance of Water Pulse which struck her soundly from behind and flipped her into the air, twirling like a ribbon dancer's ribbon. The world spun. It felt like she was being torn in every direction.

Somehow-- maybe the distance she'd achieved before the pulse had hit her had helped to lessen the impact-- she kept her wits about her. Now in free-fall, she felt grass-type energy surround her, wreathing her in an aura of growing things. 

Aware this might be the end, practically blindly, she used Mega Drain again.

2/3

Ui0EzifW+10
MEGA DRAIN (DAMAGE) 
Snivy was damaged by Water Pulse (2/3)
Snivy escaped Water Pulse <Confused> status!
(Readied Dodge + Dodge action)
Snivy's Overgrow activated! (+10 grass)
Snivy used Mega Drain!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:46:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

baby battle
water routes | battle

MUSIC

With her opponent twirling through the air like a delicious chunk of thrown fish, Megs closed in for the final strike. A beam of glowing green energy streamed towards her, but she ducked away. It collided harmlessly with the sandy bottom. There was no nutrients for Snivy there!
    "Just like practice!" Zac shouted. "Shoot her out of the air!" They had practised with clay disks, but this was similar, right? 
    Megs breached the surface, keen eyes pinpointing the twimsting serpent, drifting on the wind like a plastic bag. There was no starting again after this. Megs pulled in water, filling her lungs and causing a dip in the surface level around her. She swelled, drawing in more water than she ever had before. Drinking until she was fit to burst!
    And then she looked up, aimed, and fired.
The torrent of salt water shot from Squirtle's lips like a burst water main, releasing a ludicrous spurt of water that was barely aimed by Meg's squeezed facial muscles. She struggled to aim through the escaping spray of the blast, tracking the falling snake with her final spray. 

BXYvqfte +10

Squirtle dodged MEGA DRAIN (2/3)

Hits (2/3)

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 17:02:21 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
The Snivy hit the water again, the hard surface unwelcoming to her battered form. She'd managed to evade the worst of the Water Pulse, but she was still shaken from the close call. There had been so much concentrated power in the jet that she was sure it would have finished her off had it connected.

But Overgrow was on her side now, growing, burning. The sun shone down, filling her leafy body with a last surge of strength. She looked to her trainer, who still seemed lost in her own world, and shook her head.

Then, wrapping her tail tightly around a piece of kelp she'd found growing from the clear sea bottom, she tried one more time. If she failed, there was no way she could outswim the turtle, or take her head-on again.

She summoned the Mega Drain again, but instead of releasing it, a single seed flew towards the Squirtle, disguised by the glowing globes of Overgrow-enhanced light. 

2/3

B8pf43yu+10
LEECH SEED (DAMAGE) 
Snivy dodged Water Pulse!
Snivy used Leech Seed!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 17:15:06 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

baby battle
water routes | battle

MUSIC

She'd missed. She's missed! Outrageous! That slippery snake has swam through her spraying stream and escaped into the surf. Well now the Snivy was back in Meg's domain. She gnashed her teeth in anticipation.
    They were both wounded. Bruised and battered by the battle. It was time to finish this. 
    Megs started circular breathing. She pulled seawater in through her nose and sprayed it out of her mouth in a constant stream, creating a shifting coat of WATER PULSE. Through the barrier, she could see the barest sliver of green. Snivy. Probably trying to escape again. Squirtle pushed off, tail swishing furiously as she surged through the shallows for one final clash. 
    She was heading straight for the snake, on a collision course with her opponent, and right in the firing line of any attack.

She was a living torpedo of salty desperation.

Megs swam straight into the cloud of green, and something hard struck her through the watery veil. Another Leech Seed! She could feel it sucking at her energy. She pushed through the fade, and as blackness closed around her she crashed into Snivy with a rippling THUD!

X6TYP9Do +10

Squirtle used WATER PULSE (Damage) - Last Stand

Hits (2/3)

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 14:43:07 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Snivy was hit by Water Pulse (3/3)
Snivy fainted!
SQUIRTLE WINS!

Water and flecks of glowing Mega Drain scattered in all directions as a resounding thud came from the pair's collision. When the spray cleared and the Mega Drain dispersed, the two Pokemon were left floating in the water.

The Squirtle seemed spent, but the Snivy was absolutely unconscious. Nathara's Leech Seed had been effective, but not enough to negate the Squirtle's crushing last stand.

Chryssa pulled herself together enough to deliver a thrilling final monologue "Arrrgh! Arrrgh! This is the last time you'll get the best of me, Ramsay," she vowed, returning Nathara and shaking her fist at the red-haired man. Maybe she should have considered her environment (water, water, nothing but water) before choosing her Pokemon rather than calculating based on type advantage. 

"Anyway, I have other things to do. Have fun doing whatever you were doing!" She pointed at a new destination randomly on the horizon and Ness set off, squirting a mouthful of water playfully at Zac as he passed by.

Chryssa turned back around, seeming to remember something. "Oh, right! Your victory spoils. I forgot my wallet at the hotel, will this do?"

Zac received Tirtouga!

END OF BATTLE

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 14:58:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

baby battle
water routes | battle

MUSIC

Zac laughed as Lapras' playful spray. "Hahahaha, thanks Chryssa! Running into you is always a riot. We should do this again some time!" 
He caught the turtle and the pair waved her off. "I'll take great care of the little guy. If you're ever in the mood for another battle you know where to find me!" he called out, as Lapras paddled slowly away from the island. She really did know where to find him. That girl had an uncanny instinct for locating people. How had she known he was going to be coming this way anyway? Was she tracking him?

Now that was a worrying thought.

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Baby Battle! [battle]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 6:56:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: