POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 16:09:46 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

GYPSIES, TRAMPS & THIEVES

"She was stole' in the middle of a thunderstorm gray,
Her bindings were cut, and her trainer betrayed--
She had to do whatever she could--
Break a couple capsules,
and take back up the mantle where the Champion stood..."

The girl and her music threaded through the Ren Faire like a drifting feather. As they often did, the festival had a traveling bard meandering between groups of adventurers, serenading them with sweet melodies and seeking news from distant lands. Rather than a harp or lute in her hands, however, this troubadour had a Kricketune, red as stained wood, who whirled and danced like a living cello. It was like watching a tango for two, a duet in more than just lyrics and melody.

"Sweet-- dreams-- sweet Bai-ley!
We'll see you on the Ooper side of Hell, they sang out
Sweet-- dreams-- sweet Bai-ley!
You weren't around when the Ooper shoe fell..." 

The chord faded from the Kricketune's chest, resonating solemnly for a moment before Chryssa slapped its side and the sound cut off like a swiftly snuffed candle.

Her voice was low and husky. Her eyes were shadowed.

"The sword came down..."

The crowd erupted into applause and shouts of "Huzzah!" as the accompaniment began again and Chryssa was back to all smiles, sweeping off her feathered cap before returning to her job wandering around the festival, trailing merriment-- for once-- instead of chaos.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Bard Rising: The Ballad of Bailey Ooper [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 11:50:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

bard rising: The ballad of bailey ooper
oldale town mission

MUSIC

"Huzzah! Encore! Brava!" Zac shouted, clapping loudly as he emerged from the crowd that had gathered to watch Chryssa's performance. He offered her a mug of something warm and spiced, shaking his head in amazement. "That's quite a set of pipes you've got on you! Guess that makes you a triple threat, eh? You know, when you said to meet you here I didn't know you would be performing." 
    The pair meandered through the faire, making a roundabout path towards the Knight School at the far end. They heard the ring of crashing steel long before the tent came into view. "That's gotta be it, right? We already passed the blacksmith," Zac said, buzzing with anticipation. "Do you think they'll let us wear the armor too? Or is it just for pokemon? I always figured i'd be a steel type. Steel and fire maybe?" He looked down at the terrifying yet dainty figure in the feathered hat. "What about you, Chryssa? What type would you be?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 16:08:11 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"Dragon," Chryssa said brightly, sipping from the mug of hot beverage. She lacked the background to identify it, but the scent rising from the steam was familiar-- something spiced and exotic which they sold here at the Ren Faire. "It feels rare, don't you think? I don't even have a dragon-type, personally." She'd recently evolved the Swablu Zac had found nesting in his chimney, but despite its strengths and weaknesses, Altaria didn't feel like a dragon. Much like Chryssa herself.

"Actually, maybe Psychic. They seem a little bit removed from reality. There aren't any Psychic/Dragon Pokemon, are there?"

This might have been the most normal conversation Zac had ever managed to get out of Chryssa. She liked talking in hypotheticals.

They'd arrived at the much-advertised Knight School. The air sang with Metal Sound, sending a shiver of anticipation down Chryssa's spine. "Why, Zachary," she said belatedly, remembering question about them getting armor for the match, "Next you'll be saying you want a weapon, too! Will you be joining the battle?"

It was ironic, considering what she'd almost done the first time they met.

An attendant hurried up to them with the sign-up sheet, wiping sweat off his brow. "Glasgow. I have a reservation for the field at noon," Chryssa said to him, turning her attention from Zac. The man bobbed his head, scribbling with a feather quill on the sign-up scroll. "Glasgow... yes! You're listed here needing equipment for a 2 vs. 2. And you're familiar with the rules of Knight Battles?"

"I'm not," Chryssa said just as confidently, which seemed to confuse the attendant. "Enlighten me, please."

mission details 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 6:16:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

oldale town mission

MUSIC

"So what are the rules then? Just a free for all brawl?" The attendant gave Zac a suffering look. he stowed his scroll and quill, and cleared his throat.

Welcome all to School for Knights
Our helms are cinched, our mail tight
Our poise is straight, our weapons steady
Bare with my prose, you'll soon be ready
We've just two rules for all new squires
At least that's what Lord Fall requires

The tent flap behind the attendant parted and he was joined by a Bronzor and a Cubone. They wore matching doublets, complete with the same coat of arms displayed on the attendant's clothing. The Bronzor floated forward and spun twice, showing off its rigid, metallic body, and Zac got a good look at the coat of arms. A grey shield on an umber field, with a broad-bough oak set in the centre. Must be that Lord Fall he mentioned.

Before a Knight can take the field
We must be sure his form won't yield
His armour worn from birth, or fitted 
A lack is steel is not permitted

Bronzor bobbed back behind the attendant and Cubone stepped forward. The helmed warrior thrust its club into the sky and struck a valiant pose. 

Then take up arms! Axe, sword or bow
Lance or mace or knives to throw
These weapons can be from yourself
Or borrowed from the fine Lord's shelf
We only ask at end of round
You put things back the way you found

Zac clapped politely, but the attendant held up a hand. Apparently, he wasn't finished.

There's one more minor caveat
Before we move on to combat
We want you all to fight and win
But stock can only stretch so thin
And so we hope, with knightly love
You'll bring one of the two above

The attendant paused, and Zac dutifully applauded the man's efforts. "That was great! So we can head right in and put on our armour?" 
"...Your Pokemon can, certainly."
"Oh. So no...human sized sets?"
"No," the man said bluntly. "But we have a wide selection of period accurate finery, that you may play the part of a doting noble and patron of your fine clashing champions."
"Wonderful! Lead the way then!"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 13:53:20 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa, and more surprisingly Zac, seemed to have no trouble understanding the attendant's explanation even though it was delivered as spoken word poetry. She supposed both of them had at least skimmed the concept beforehand online. Steel-type Pokemon would get weapons. Weapon-wielding Pokemon would get steel. 

"Lord Fall and Lord Autumn," she said, inclining her head to the two Pokemon in their matching coats of heraldry. She seemed acquainted with them already--evidently they'd already met over the course of the Ren Faire. How long had she been here already? "We're--of course-- honored to have you watching over our duel today. Why, perhaps we'll even learn something."

She expected to cut to a dramatic dressing room scene where she, Chryssa, was staring into the mirror while putting on her war paint (makeup, supposedly) in slow motion with golden lighting. Unfortunately, she was already dressed in appropriate finery, and the Lords hadn't provided face paint for this Pokemon-centric event.

"This is it. Everything we've been working for. Everything you went through as a squire." She looked squarely into her Bastiodon's yellow eyes, which blinked unsurely at her. "They're all counting on us. On you," she emphasized, including Lachlann, her Slowbro. The psychic-type was wearing a gleaming mail shirt and helm, stretching as if to test his movement. An aide had helped her mount a huge, red-and-white striped lance along her Bastiodon's side. "Mark my words: I will not lose to Zac Ramsay again! There is no chivalry in war!"

Chryssa threw open the tent flap and headed out into the dazzling lights of the arena to face the so-called Red Gyarados.

mission details 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 14:59:32 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

oldale town mission

MUSIC

"Okay guys. This is it. It's time to show 'em what we're made of yeah?" Zac said. He paced the length of the dressing room, wracking his brain for scraps of speeches from famous sports movies. "Just give it your all, have fun, do it for me, but most of all do it for yourself and bring back that trophy!" 
    Aggron looked at him, concerned. "I was trying to imbue the situation with a little gravitas, Garth. What, can you do better?"
The steel behemoth opened its angular jaws and let out a ear-bending METAL SOUND at a resonance that Zac was sure caused him permanent damage. Hypno jerked out of its meditation and fell off the bench in a clang of armour. 
    "Whatever, lets just get you two out there."
Aggron picked up his weapon, a massive ram-headed warhammer, and the trio strode out onto the field to face down their opponent: the dastardly Duchess Chryssa.
    The stands were surprisingly full, with a smattering of Pokemon and trainers milling around and chatting as Zac and his knights took to the field. The attendant from before noticed them and announced their entrance. "Taking the field, in the Cream and Crimson of house Ramsay: Sir Garth and Sir Nix!" The crowd cheered and Hypno frowned. Aggron, however, loved the attention, and beat his plated chest with his free hand, letting out another METAL SOUND roar. "And is Sir Garth up first?" the attendant asked, uncovering his ears. Aggron raised his warhammer in response, and the crowd cheered. 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 17:54:04 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"And flying the colors of the Rising Bard, the Duchess, some say the Empress herself!" the announcer called as her Bastiodon and Slowbro took to the field. Chryssa waved to the audience, pretending to strike an epic guitar pose on her Kricketune (who she was still holding) and then flashing a 'rock on' sign to the crowd. "Lady Glasgow's chosen  champions: Sir Kinley and Sir Lachlann!"

Before the eyes of the two Pokemon who'd greeted them at the entrance, Lord Autumn and Lord Fall, they took their places on either side of the area. Chryssa watched the Aggron carefully-- it was noisy, using Metal Sound carelessly in a way that was very different from Bailey Ooper's. She'd seen what Zac could do the first time they met, in a 6-on-6 battle vs. the strongest the Champion's usurper had to offer. He was slow on his feet, but he trained powerful Pokemon.

Chryssa wasn't without weaknesses herself-- she was easily distracted, and her Contest-oriented Pokemon were often not optimized for brute force. Either one would be fine on its own, but together it was... problematic. An unsure Pokemon waiting for orders didn't stand much of a chance vs. something really powerful. Chryssa's strengths lay in the long game, and for that to come to fruition, she had to concentrate.

So she'd resolved to concentrate. It might mean taking a back seat to theatrics, at least in the beginning, but it would be worth it if it meant she could pull the rug out from under the soon-to-be Gym Leader Actually, Chryssa wasn't competitive and wasn't particularly battle-oriented, but she did like revenge, and would pursue it relentlessly. 

"Sir Kinley, risen from the ancients! Take aim--" Chryssa pointed down the battlefield at her opponent, "--and strike when it hurts."

The battle began. 

mission details 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 2:15:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

oldale town mission

MUSIC

The battle ended.
    A wave of confused applause broke across the knights, neither of which were moving. Hypno lay sprawled in the glittering mud, and Slowbro was curled nearby, his Shelder's tongue still oozing poison.
"For never was a story of more woe than this of Hypno and his Slowbro," Zac said softly. He got up, feeling like he had missed something in the spectacle. He returned his now pink Hypno and walked around to Chryssa's side of the arena.
    The first battle he had understood. Kinley vs Garth. Old vs New. It was a tale as old as, heh, time. But what had happened in that second round? Why was Nyx pink now?
    "One hell of a battle," he said, extending a hand to Chryssa. "You win fair and square. Nyx was knocked out first." He frowned and pulled his hand back before she could shake. Zac scanned the youth, checking for any of the bulges or wires indicative of one of Chryssa's 'hilarious' surprises. "I, uh, didn't promise you a dozen Pokemon or something in my sleep this time, did I?" 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 6:19:52 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Hadn’t they put any stakes on this match? She’d been so occupied with winning and getting her weird revenge that she’d forgotten to make her characteristic high-stakes wager.  “Oh, why? Do you have a dozen on you?” Chryssa countered immediately.. Remembering the mixed bag he’d given her last time, however, she reconsidered. “Actually, don’t worry. I’ll save it for our next movie night.”

She shook Zac’s hand, making no effort to actually grip the giant mitt. Hers was as small and delicate as a handkerchief by comparison. 

The battle itself had been... unique. Both trainers had been spellbound, lost in the spectacle of giant versus giant, spell versus sword.

After returning the dented armor and melted weaponry to the armory, where the attendant threw them on a pile of similarly-damaged equipment (apparently this was the standard result), Chryssa made sure to hang around the main entrance to catch Zac before he left.

“If you don’t have any Pokemon, I’ll settle for a favor,” she said, seeming to brighten at the idea of an ongoing, unspecified debt she could hang over the so-called gym leader’s head for the rest of her life.

But was that it? Couldn’t she trust Zac? 

He’d been there on Victory Road when Muir had pierced the chest of Bailey Ooper. He’d fought for her before he even knew who she was, and even after he knew what she might be.

Bailey Ooper might have fallen, but Zac and Chryssa lived on. 

This was their ballad.

The teenage bard spun clumsily in a circle, flourishing her feathered cap. “I’ve decided on your boon. My boon? Anyway, I’ve decided,” she announced. “It’s simple enough. Someday, champion of mine,  I’m going to ask for your help. Again.”

She stopped spinning, teetering slightly in place. Her eyes were clear and searching. “When that happens, I’ll count on you to be there.”

Chryssa doffed her hat, lips twisting in a razor-sharp smile.

“When the other shoe falls.” 

mission details 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 10:00:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

oldale town mission

MUSIC

A boon.
    It was a fitting reward for such a storybook battle. But who was Chryssa to offer it? Was she the princess locked in the tower, or the hidden queen spinning plans of her own. Was she the warbling bard or the fearless hero?
    Or was she the dragon.     
Regardless, Zac was the knight. That much was clear. And knights have a place in every tale. They save the princess, serve the queen, befriend the bard and become the hero.
    And they slay the dragon
"Someday, champion of mine, I’m going to ask for your help. Again. When that happens, I’ll count on you to be there."
“When the other shoe falls.”

"I'll be there." Zac said, the words falling from his mouth like so many dropped shoes. "And I'll be waiting to catch it."

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 1:22:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: