[nospaces]
[attr="class","desertkings"]
[attr="class","top"]REWIND TIME

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
GLADIATOR, I'M A DEMON SLAYER

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

They'd sent him.

[break][break] Kris could hardly believe it himself. It felt like just yesterday he'd met Keith in the center of Saffron City, having been caught half-way between a mall cop and a bullshit customer service rep, trying to lie through his teeth that he hadn't just stuffed cigarettes and lottery cards into his pockets when the cashier hadn't been looking. It felt like just yesterday that they'd invited him to the gang house, shown him his room, and let him be one of their own. And now, he was gonna be their rep on what was apparently a very important, very high profile mission.

[break][break] The twenty year old felt high as a kite, either cause of the bong he'd smoked thirty minutes ago to chill out his nerves, or cause of the thrill of adrenaline in his veins as he rode his motorcycle through Saffron City streets. His hands gripped the handlebars of his hog, a piece of paper flapping in the wind. Barely legible - fuckin' Keith couldn't be trusted to write a thing for the life of him, his chickenscratch was worse than any doctor's easily, - it was a note where he was supposed to meet the new DK. A double entendre, the dude was both a Drift King and a Drug King, and it was Kris' job to get him to spill the beans on the latest shipment.

[break][break] 'Course, they hadn't set Kris alone. He had a few lackeys along for the ride, and they were flying the streets alongside him, as they hit a city street corner and went into the alleyway. As soon as they arrived though, it became clear that they weren't the only ones there. Other neighborhood gangmembers had seemed to make an appearance, all of them lining up on what was apparently the startling line.

[break][break] Kris grinned, all shark-teeth. He wasn't afraid.

[break][break] No, his rig was going to blow them to shits, straight out of the water. He was sure of it.

[break][break] "C'mon guys," he said, with a wave of his hand, rolling to a stop and leading them to an open area. The so-called "DK" was only a few feet away, and so, Kris leaned forward. "You're the new DK, huh? Ready to get your ass beat?"

[break][break] The man, who had been talking to someone, glanced in Kris' direction. First, his gaze clouded with confusion and then cleared with understanding. He smirked. "You're Keith's new guy, aren't you?"

[break][break] Kris gave him a thumbs up. "Yep."

[break][break] The other man barked a laugh. "And you're not afraid? Of the ... " He waved his arms, gesturing at the open air loftily.

[break][break] "The casualities?" The brunette grinned. "Hell no. They're half the fun."

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]
+ mission THE AGILITY & THE UPROAR

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=.desertkings] width:510px; margin:0px auto; background:#1c1c1c; border-bottom:20px solid #000; position:relative; color:#eee;[/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .top] height:10px; padding:5px 0px; background:#000; text-align:center; padding-left:30px; font:8px roboto mono; letter-spacing:20px; color:#00d88f; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .bottom] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/T4K5eCc.png); background-size:cover; height:250px; position:relative; left:0px; bottom:0px; z-index:1; margin-top:-40px; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main] font:11px roboto; margin:10px 45px 20px 50px; text-align:justify; position:relative; z-index:99; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .avvie] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .avvie img] height:80px; width:80px; border:1px solid #fff; padding:10px; float:left; margin-right:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .lyricbox] font:bold 40px 'playfair display'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-2px; line-height:35px; text-align:center; border:10px solid #fff; border-top:10px solid transparent; border-bottom:10px solid transparent; border-radius:100px; width:350px; padding:20px 30px; margin:0px auto; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .lyricbox b] transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings:hover .lyricbox b] color:#00d88f; letter-spacing:3px; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .ooc] width:300px; margin:20px auto 0px; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #fff; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main b] font:bold 11px roboto mono; text-transform:lowercase; color:#00d88f; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main i] color:#00d88f; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Playfair+Display]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 7:56:21 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
TW: DRUGS, SUBSTANCE ABUSE

Valerio could not care less about such hobbies. But he knows sports like this, especially underground, has a lot of things going on that even Team Rocket can't afford to let pass by. Adrenaline is a source of profit catalyzed by substance abuse.

Of course, rats in the black market will flock these events where they can surely sell. Team Rocket's agenda, however, isn't as lowly as these guys' are. Valerio is here to settle the debts these smaller gangs owed Team Rocket for allowing their business to operate safely.

“Jonathan, ye of little faith.” He barks back, arms resting comfortably on the man's shoulder. The redhead knows his bosses want information on the Drift King of the underground pokemon race but it is not something very difficult to procure especially when he's a man of the world below as well.

Jonathan laughs with Valerio then rises to his seat and taps on his shoulder. “A'ight brave boy. I'll get back to you after we finish the race.”

Valerio scoots back, offering the newcomer a seat.

“Well, aren't you watching?”

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
i am the shadow driving the hearse
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 18:58:18 GMT
kris flynn-edwards Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

He doesn't notice — at least, not at first. However, when the other speaks, teal-green eyes find themselves drawn to the shock of red hair and the man that it belongs to. The man is close with the new DK, perhaps a little bit too close, from the comfortable way that they address each other, the arm slung over a shoulder. Kris is quick to notice it - maybe the new DK isn't the only person he has to get on the good side of.

[break][break] "Sure thing," he grins to Jonathan, and then waves his arm at one of the lackeys. It's a young, blond fellow, probably not over the age of 18. In the gang, he's known as Cheetah, for his love of racing and motorvehicles. His real name's Nick, though Kris isn't supposed to know that. "Cheet, go get ready," he says casually , as he hops off his bike. Though they don't have any real money in the game, Keith had made a few bets on who'd win the race. A win wasn't necessary, but it would certainly hope their case if they were able to win the respect and intel of the DK king along with it.

[break][break] As Cheetah heads off in the direction the DK and the other racers head off to, the redhead lags behind. He pats the seat next to him, offering it to Kris, and after a moment's hesitation, the boy joins him. The brunette runs his hand through hair, a nervous tic. He isn't used to dealing with these thugs - at least not yet. Today's gonna be his start.

[break][break] "So," he says, drawing the syllable out. Small talk has never eluded him but for some reason, in the dimly lit area of the underground ring, it does. "What's with you? You have money in the race? Or are you just buds with the DK?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=.desertkings] width:510px; margin:0px auto; background:#1c1c1c; border-bottom:20px solid #000; position:relative; color:#eee;[/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .top] height:10px; padding:5px 0px; background:#000; text-align:center; padding-left:30px; font:8px roboto mono; letter-spacing:20px; color:#00d88f; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .bottom] background:url(https://i.imgur.com/T4K5eCc.png); background-size:cover; height:250px; position:relative; left:0px; bottom:0px; z-index:1; margin-top:-40px; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main] font:11px roboto; margin:10px 45px 20px 50px; text-align:justify; position:relative; z-index:99; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .avvie] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .avvie img] height:80px; width:80px; border:1px solid #fff; padding:10px; float:left; margin-right:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .lyricbox] font:bold 40px 'playfair display'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-2px; line-height:35px; text-align:center; border:10px solid #fff; border-top:10px solid transparent; border-bottom:10px solid transparent; border-radius:100px; width:350px; padding:20px 30px; margin:0px auto; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .lyricbox b] transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings:hover .lyricbox b] color:#00d88f; letter-spacing:3px; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .ooc] width:300px; margin:20px auto 0px; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #fff; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main b] font:bold 11px roboto mono; text-transform:lowercase; color:#00d88f; [/newclass] [newclass=.desertkings .main i] color:#00d88f; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 11:27:48 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Valerio snorts at the mention of the word "buds." If that is the case, maybe he will not be the one doing official Rocket business in this part of town. He will spare his feelings the fleeting sadness himself the anguish of possibly losing a friend by overlooking this mission and letting others take responsibility. Unfortunately, the DK can only hope to be on the redhead's good side because a lot of bad things happen to those who are not.

“Maybe.” His answer is shy but is delivered with overwhelming confidence, beaming with sinister friendliness to the kid in-front of him. “Why, you want some advice on who's gonna win the race?”

Valerio bets the boy will think it's obvious. He begs to disagree.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 4:18:21 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

Kris is nervous, but he knows not to show it. It's his first time in an underground ring like this, the first time that Keith let him go out on his own and mingle with those kinds of people.

[break][break] At the redhead's response, he matches the other's sinister friendliness for an arrogant grin of his own. "'Course I am. You gonna spill?" His eyes gravitate to the race track below, where he can see a few people starting to gather, but it's mostly administration. The new DK and Cheetah are still probably gathering their shit together. With any luck, Cheet won't destroy his new rig, which he spent a few hundred on. Kris tries not to think about it, and instead, decides to glance at the other, wondering how he'll respond to the question.

[break][break] He has a guess on who he thinks will win, but he's learned that sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 20:00:33 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

“And here I am thinking you'd give an obvious answer.”

He laughs at the unexpected, hands casually reaching on the man's shoulder as he drags him with his amusement.

“Well, nothing's certain. But I assure you the Drift King will lose this game.”

Valerio's face begins to turn grim, delight washing off from his face as seriousness replaces it.

“Is that your friend competing for this race? What's he called again?”

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 5:19:15 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

"If I did, where would the fun be in that?" He laughs a little, perhaps in an effort to hide how nervous he was feeling. He had planned on meeting the DK, on talking to him and schmozzing him. This redhead ... he knows nothing about him.

[break][break] Surprise lights up the boy's eyes as mentions that the new DK would lose. That was unexpected... that was... "What makes you say that?" He grins as the other places his hand on his shoulder. It is a friendly gesture, but even Kris can feel the mild threat behind it. It feels almost possessive. A reminder of who was who, here. "I thought he was your friend."

[break][break] At the last question, Kris tilts his head. He inclines it away, staring down at the area below where more people are starting to mill about. "We call 'im Cheetah. He's a kid - " As if Kris wasn't still one - "- But he's wicked fast on a bike."

[break][break] Again, his grin is back as he looks at the other. "Nervous?" he teases.

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 10:45:28 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

“Are you?” He teases too, but his question is more of a confirmation about what he has been thinking all this time, and perhaps, a clarification about the things he expects to be.

“If I'm friends with Jonathan, I will not be here to see him.” The response is obviously a riddle, a mystery that is yet to untangle in the next few minutes. His eyes wander on the tracks, searching for something in the vicinity. Hacker, the name he's fond of calling the Rocket Rotom, is spotted to have entered the DK's race car, messing up with the systems ever so subtle.

“Maybe I'll help Cheetah win this match. And maybe I can give you quite a show! What do you think?” The arms must have feel heavier than before, for his words bear something that perhaps, the boy is not yet accustomed to witness.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 5:59:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

Are you?

[break][break] The abrupt question catches Kris off-guard, and for some reason, even though he knows the answer, he can't find his voice. Of course he isn't, a voice in his head helpfully supplies. He barely knows the dipshit. The only reason he knows about the DK at all is because Keith filled him in on it. The answer is easy, simple, and yet Kris can't find his voice, going mute, until the redhead speaks again.

[break][break] 's next words are a riddle, one that Kris is too young, too immature, too inexperienced to solve. His brows knit together, and this time he does find his voice - it blurts out. "Then what are you here for? You here for the bet? Or 's this just a hobby?" There is something sharp in the boy's words — if Valerio is here for the same thing he is...

[break][break] Kris' eyes are not experienced enough to catch the Rotom fiddling with the DK's gear, but Cheetah down below does. The young blond frowns as he rolls up to the startling, wondering if what he saw was just a trick of the light. He shakes his head. He has to get his head in the game. The engine of his own vehicle rumbles beneath him.

[break][break] The arms do feel heavy, but Kris is too distracted to notice. "why would you do that?" he asks, perplexed, and then adds with a grin, "not that i'm complaining, i mean, but what would be in it for you?"

[break][break] Not to mention how. The race is almost about to start.
[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 20:58:56 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Valerio finally lifts his arms from the weight it's forcing down on the boy's shoulder as he stands to get a good look at the tracks. He doesn't look at him when he speaks.

“The race is about to start.”

The announcer begins to hype the crowd with the beginning of the competition. One by one, he introduces the racers who are already on their vehicles, ready to finish the race. As usual, people are expecting so much more form the crowd favorite DK who has win several matches already because of the drugs that he has been taking. Authories have been real cautious of his identity and they are extremely curious as to what his secret is but those in the underworld has no problems getting to know what is it that makes him win every single race.

Too bad this will be his final one.

“I came here to do an official Rocket business.” He cares not to elaborate more of what he has said, but he expects the boy to know of what things the redhead has been dealing with and how it is convenient to be on his good side.

The competitors begin to turn on their first drift when suddenly the first car from the rest of the racers begins to drift too early, crashing into the wall that separates it from the watchers, making the car go boom!

The tragic sight makes everyone else at the audience stand up from their seat with a horrified look on their faces, their eyes making out of the smoke to see if there is someone who has been saved from the explosion.

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 20:53:10 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avvie"]

"The race is about to start."

[break][break] Kris blinks, distracted by the other's words, and then looks down onto the racetracks below. As he says, the announcer is already gathering all the racers at the starting line, introducing them one by one. "And next we have Cheetah! He's a rookie to our tracks, but rumor has it that he's not a rookie behind the wheel. Who's excited to see where he lands today?" The crowd roars, and Kris inexplicably grins; Cheetah is a good kid, and he's an even better racer, but he would eat all that attention right up.

[break][break]“I came here to do an official Rocket business.”

[break][break] Kris' head jerks. "You — what?" It isn't that he hasn't heard it before. On the streets, the word Rocket was as powerful as it was taboo. There were plenty of different gangs, all of varying levels, but if there was one thing that tied them all together, it was the way they all shrunk back at the mention of the elite criminal organization. It was not secret to the way that Rocket had climbed higher and higher on the Kanto totem pole, a name to be feared rather than to be laughed at.

[break][break] The same moment he asks, there is a gun shot and the race begins. Kris is forced to look away, instead focused on the race at hand. Predictably, the DK is in the lead but Cheetah's rig is not far behind. However, the first car in the race spins out of control, causing a ricochet with the rest of the race. Like a domino effect, Kris watches in horror as there is a five care pile-up and then an explosion.

[break][break] He stands, eyes wide. "What the fuck!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ tagged for [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:05:35 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
It goes without saying that Valerio should be feared, that his organization should be feared—especially when sees first hand what they are capable of doing.

“Jonathan deserves it. And we only get the things that we deserve.”

Of course, Valerio knows about the dealings this boy's gang have with the DK. The racer-slash-drug kingpin has probably talked to a lot of people, exchanging crucial information and forgetting the debts he owes Team Rocket for marking his name in the underground businesses. It is only a matter of time that their organization has to set the records straight for putting these rascals back in place.

Valerio stands up, seeing that his work is finally over as the Rotom dashes beside him from the messy pileup underneath. His words drown amidst the shrieking and the roaring fire—but he figures these background noises will fade for what he wants to tell the kid.

“Too bad you're siding with the wrong people. Weak people.” In his voice, there is hiss—frustration and disappointment. “Weak people tend to pick on those weaker than him. And guess who will be their scapegoat?”

He doesn't need to reply. He knows he knows what he is talking about.

With the DK gone, the underground will probably be at an astronomical unrest. 's group, although he's been accepted with open arms, will probably pick on him for not being able to do his job right. And when the time comes that the going gets tough, he knows who will be their fall guy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
THUNDERBIRDS [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:26:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: