2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 2:19:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It had been a while since Chu-e had seen in the flesh.

A letter had been delivered, an offer for her to pick up her Tupperware and enjoy him for dinner while she was at it. He really didn't know if she would show up, but- well, he had been steaming and baking in the kitchen for the last few hours.

His house was secluded and large for one person, meant for a small family at best. With all the pokemon wandering around on his land it never felt too empty; just quiet. While he had had people visit before, it had never felt so... stressful? Official? Like, one person had broken in, one had just seen his kitchen, and the rest just his living room. They had also only been over for small things, like tea or cakes. This was more effort!

Maybe it was because at the end of the day, for whatever reason, Chu-e had taken a shine to Cait. He wanted to like her. He wanted her to like him. There would always be that barrier or who he had been (who he still was, deep down) keeping them apart. A man could only be a rock for so long. Chu-e wanted a friend, damnit.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:42:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she had happily accepted his invitation, inwardly pleased by his willingness to initiate and not simply allow happenstance to reunite them again. the woman had dressed casually for the dinner, boasting a light smattering of make up with her curly mane tied into her signature ponytail. cait had, at first, lingered at property line for several moments, her gaze sweeping across his land. 

'that's a lot of space for one person.'

there were plenty of creatures milling about. but despite their combined presence that brought about a certain warmth, there was a lack of something - but she couldn't put her finger on what that something was.

'children, maybe?' 

her own cabin lacked bumbling little ones as well, most of the rooms empty save for a few pieces of furniture. but she was fairly certain such a thing would be remedied in a few years. 

'i wonder if choi's interested in having a few?' 

choi wasn't aware of cait's 'ill-intentions' - but she was eager to veer him down a more domestic path; likely to his chagrin.

'let's see what's for dinner.' 

the woman approached with the straps of a light green pack resting upon her slim shoulders, items neatly stored within. she'd shoot a smile at his pokemon as she passed them by, her gaze soon searching for the sylveon she had gifted him as her knuckles rapped gently at the door. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 15:02:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
certainly was good at hitting nails she didn't know she was aiming for.

Once upon a time, two men had loved each other. They were in a dangerous organization but had been willing, at the time, to throw that away so they could lead normal lives. A home was bought, large to fill the empty rooms with pattering feet. Large in space for swing sets and outdoor adventures. It was going to be a sweet life, where they could turn all that had hurt them in the past around, all the pain, and pour it into young minds in the form of adoration and love.

In the fairy tale, they would have lived happily ever after. Instead Chu-e had gotten captured and vanished for two years. When he came back, the home was still there but his husband gone. Make no mistake, Chu-e loved his home, cherished it even, but it still held the promise of a broken dream inside of it. If things had gone as planned, Chu-e would have lived up to her house-husband fantasies from when he had visited her last.

The pokemon around the place were curious. A few of the big cats weren't shy to approach, sniffing in her direction curiously. On the front porch was a houndour and rockruff curled up on a giant pillow, neither of which seemed to be very good guard dogs since they kept snoozing.

"Coming!" Was called from the door at her knock, followed a few moments later by Chu-e himself. He grinned at the other, pleased to see her; while he still didn't look fantastic, he looked leagues better then when she had last seen him. A little sun and better eating had done him wonders. Make no mistake that he was still too skinny and sickly but it was a vast improvement. "Cait! Glad you could make it!" He ushered her into his home.

The living room was nice if a little bland; it looked like it had once been 'minimalist' but Chu-e had decorated it as he pleased. There were a lot of shelves against the back wall, stacked high with books and a few trinkets; most of the books seemed to be about fairy tales and legends. The couch looked large and plush, a softened leather, where six pokemon were curled up on a blanket and sleeping- two Skitty, a Meowth, Purrloin, Shinx, and the Sylveon that Cait had gifted him. From the pile of pokemon toys stacked up in one of the corners, it was clear they were very spoiled.

The place smelled like spices and seafood, the sharpness of chili promising whatever Chu-e had cooked would be spicy. His kitchen could be seen from the living room; it was a little dated in whites and yellows but clean and inviting. "The food is almost done. Do you know how to use chopsticks?"
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:39:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it was a relief to see he had been eating, his parlor no longer a sickly pale. the improvement wasn't exactly satisfactory; but it was substantial enough to warrant a pleased nod. her gaze soon shifted from him to his household, which was neat with a below average amount of furniture occupying its space. if his quarters were comparatively smaller, she'd barely notice the lack of items that occupied the living area. 

there was something interesting about entering a home of someone whose upbringing and culture differed from yours. there was a feel to it that contrasted with your own in subtle ways- the smells, the decorations, the colors. her own upbringing, weirdly enough, possessed a vaguely unovan aesthetic with a rustic air imposed onto it - their people having adopted such a lifestyle several generations back. 

the scent of his cuisine flowed freely from the kitchen area, a vaguely familiar signature to it. if memory served, had cooked something that smelled like this once or twice.  

"i do," she said, simply.

she'd eye the sleeping bundle of bodies, a fond smile being directed at the little pride of felines. the sylveon was easily picked out among the cuddly bunch, cait pleased to see that choi had fancied the fairy. 

"
i see sylveon is settling in."

the pack she wore was shrugged off and placed at the door's side.

"... 
i heard you met sénon."

her look sharpened briefly, a thick brow arched as she directed a look at choi.  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 19:46:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, he's done more than settle in. He's already trying to get himself a girlfriend." He rolled his eyes a bit, heading for the kitchen. "You can sit there or in here!" He called back to her. It was easy to see him messing with the food from the living room and they could still chat. Pair of wooden chopsticks in hand, he looked like he was flipping something out of a pan before cutting it with a pizza cutter. Whatever it was was so crisp it could be heard from where Cait was at.

"I did! It was kind of awkward but I liked him. He's real observant. I'm at least 90% convinced he thought I was just a weird stalker at first, though." Not that Chu-e could blame him for thinking that. He had known a lot about , or at least enough to have him coming off as just a stalker. It was crazy to think she was, like, famous in her own way.

That was probably not what warranted him that look, though. At that, he just grinned into the pot he was checking on.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 0:00:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the conversation following choi's encounter with her boyfriend had been telling, cait's expression one of exasperation when sénon had shared news of his recent conversation with the former beast.  she hadn't been taken completely off-guard - it was just a surprise that it had happened in the first place. 

'talk about a random encounter.' 

deciding against entering the kitchen, she'd settle on one of the many seats and observe him through its doorway. he was expertly wielding a pair of chopsticks, his movements precise. 

'i swear it's magic how people wield those things.'

her family had never picked up on using the thin utensils despite it being relatively commonplace, the tribe preferring knives and forks above all else. cait was admittedly clumsy with the items, the woman sometimes forced to readjust her hold upon the items as she struggled to effectively pick up pieces of vegetable, noodle or flesh from a plate or bowl. 

"he's a keeper," she said, conversationally. "
i may have to propose before he gets away."

there was a pause, with the woman's attention shifting toward her sylveon.

"
a girlfriend, you say? whose the lucky female?"  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 2:50:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
had no sooner sat down when the pile of fluff on the couch shifted. A Skitty emerged, having the same type of mischievous aura as Chu-e did. Sprinkles made her way to the new human, giving her a a good sniff before starting to purr and trying to force her head against Cait's hands for pets.

"Sprinkles, be good!" Chu-e called out at his cat, which was promptly ignored, because cats just did not listen.

It took a moment before Chu-e answered the woman proper, moving things to the table and getting the plates down. "Well," He finally said, pouring a thick, pale orange drink into two large glasses. Straws were added before he placed them to the side. "I had a date the other day." Which, maybe the chance meeting with was less than a date, since Chu-e was pretty sure the guy was only tolerating him. That didn't mean he couldn't brag a little bit. Jayden was cute. "And he has this sweet little girl Umbreon. Ribbons is practically already in love."

There was a bit of clicking and shifting in the kitchen, pots and plates being moved around.

"All done! Hope you don't mind eating in the breakfast nook instead of the actual dining room."

The breakfast nook was in the kitchen, in a small space to itself. The table was large enough for maybe four people to eat at, two chairs on the long side and one at each end. The free side was pressed against a large window, which overlooked the rolling hills of the small piece of Mossadeep Chu-e had mostly all to himself. In the distance, a small shrine could be seen on top one of the hills, a winding dirt path leading up to it. It was quaint and humble even from the distance; the shrine to Celebi that his neighbor, Miss Canta, kept up.

On the table was their plates, all sat up, with a bowl for each of them as well. Chu-e had the orange drink sat up, too, along with a glass of iced water. The main dish was a some type of pork in a spicy red broth, bones still in the meat. One of the sides looked to be a kimchi stew with bits of tofu and some green veggies tossed in. There was a heap of rice, of course, with gim sitting delicately on plate next to it. Finally was some thin, white noodles with bean sprouts, still steamy, sitting next to a crispy looking pancake shaped food that was dotted with veggies and seafood.

Of all things, what looked to be a pecan pie sat on the counter next to the stove, still cooling.

"The lassi isn't really traditional but it'll cut the heat. It's mango flavored." Sitting down at his seat, Chu-e motioned to his own weird orange drink. He would allow Cait to get first picks before digging in.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 10:55:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman settled at her seat, taking the spread into consideration with the sweep of her green-eyed gaze. her knowledge of asian cuisine was sorely limited, but each dish held a vague familiarity as she mulled how she should go about tucking into the feast. the combination of scents were pleasant enough, cait hopeful that she'd enjoy what choi had produced. 

"i'd watch those two or at least take a few precautions," she warned. "
i don't think you'd fancy a litter of eevee kits running around."

she'd been taken by surprise before, babes running amok within her gym or at her cabin's door as her pokemon coupled out of sight.

"
thank you for the meal, choi.

cait had politely selected a portion of each dish, dipping her head in prayer before she began. her pace was a moderate one, the woman finding she favored the pork and kimchi stew due to their intense flavor. it was savory and unfamiliar, her handling of the chopsticks remaining a touch clumsy. she'd refuse any offers of silverware as she dug in, intent on developing her novice skill with the equal-length sticks. she paused only to take a sip of the tangy drink, quirking a brow at choi as she did so.

"
tell me about that date of yours," she said, conversationally. "is he cute? short? tall? daddy material?"

a pause. 

"
good in bed?"

her brows gave a little waggle, her look expectant.  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 11:05:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
After picked what she wanted, Chu-e dug in as well.

"Maybe just one litter? Or two? They're so cute." He was sure that he could find good homes for them if needed, everyone seemed to want an Eevee. But, he wasn't sure the Umbreon had even enjoyed Ribbons' attention. If it was solely relying on the fairy type's charm, well... he might be waiting for a long time. Shame, really.

He waved off the thanks, a bit flustered, but did move on to the next topic of conversation.

"Taller than me. Short, dark hair. His eyes, Flames, they're so pretty, like almost purple. Real quiet. That kind of... reserved, probably damaged type." He sighed, shaking his head as he chastised himself. "My dumb ass always did like projects...."

Which really more of an insult to himself than it was Jayden.

"He's only gotten a kiss on the cheek. I don't want to break him in too fast. Gotta make sure he can handle what I have to offer." There was a little grin and wink at that, his own eyebrow wiggle at the other. "Normally I like them a liiiiittle beefier but we've got a few common interests."

Humming, Chu-e nodded at Cait. "How's life on your end?"
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:32:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she listened whilst eating, both mulling over choi's verbal assessment of his freshly gotten beau whilst chewing on the exceptionally tender pork. the woman imagined the man in her head, the corners of her lips twitching upwards into an amused grin as he mentioned 'breaking him in'.

'i sunk my fangs into sénon real quick.'

cait didn't regret it either. she had laid her claim quickly, wrangling the man in with an act of pure seduction. he had remained by her side ever since, the pair of them remaining a viable couple. 

"it's been fine," she informed. "
i've been focusing on taking care of mine and sénon's pokemon and making a little extra money on the side."

she paused to appreciate more of the kimchi, reaching for one of the napkins to daintily wipe her mouth clean.

"
i actually need your opinion on something. and i trust you to make sure this portion of the conversation doesn't get back to my boyfriend."

cait leveled choi with a sharp look before it softened, a hint of uncertainty creasing her features. 

"
i've been thinking of making it a little more permanent, you know? i'm just afraid i'll scare him away if i mention something like getting married too soon. i know nowadays that people wait for years beforehand - but i don't want to wait forever and a day.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 10:58:17 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hmm... well...." That was a pretty serious question to ask him. For a serious situation! Chu-e was a lot of things. Not to many people knew this about him, but one of those things was 'sap'. Who didn't like a good romance story? Hell, just seeing two people make it work? He loved that kind of shit. Hidden in his room was a collection of Corset Buster romance novels just for when he needed to sink his teeth into something too sweet and bad for him.

But, there was a lot that could go wrong. How much did he know about from just the Rustoboro meeting and then the guy flying him back to Mossadeep?

"My honest opinion of him... is he's nice. He's charming. I think he would make a good partner." For the moment, Chu-e placed his chopsticks down on his napkin, really wanting to chew on this thought instead of the meal. "But, the real question isn't if he can make you happy now, it's if you think he can make you happy in the future.... hmm...."

"I guess, does it just feel right? Think of all the little annoying habit he has... his stank breath in the morning... do you think you can handle all that for the rest of your life?" Chu-e looks serious now, and he points at the other with an excited vigor. "If you can answer 'yes' to those, then go for it! I loved Arthur with all my heart, and our romance was quick. Married too fast, too soon, pissed off his family... but it felt right, so it was right."

"And if he feels the same way about you as you do him? Well, he might even beat you to it, ."
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 11:45:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait took choi's words into perspective, aware that if sénon were to ask she'd - without a moments hesitation - say yes. she wanted so desperately to keep the man, her mind utterly absorbed with thoughts of him on a daily basis. 

'i'm crazy for him.'

a sigh escaped her, the woman deciding to instead mull over how choi had described his own marriage. 

'married too fast,' she parroted, inwardly. 'too soon.'

her own parents wouldn't mind, she was certain of it. settling down relatively quickly was actually encouraged, with the entirety of the clan likely to support her decision to acquire a mate.

'as long as you're happy,' they'd say.  

she almost wished she could use arthur's and choi's relationship as a proper reference on how to handle her present situation. but arthur was gone - and choi had been left alone in this house. 

"aren't you lonely here, choi?"

cait decided to probe further, her gaze shifting to her immediate surroundings. 

"
you have so much room here. and while i understand a pokemon makes for good company, wouldn't it have been nice if you two had had children before...?"

it was a damningly invasive question, layered with assumptions that choi even desired little ones in the first place. he could be someone with a more childfree mindset who found his present circumstances acceptable or even idealistic, but she just couldn't resist asking.

"
sorry," she said, setting down her chopsticks as she levels him with an apologetic look. "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 16:22:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The questions brought a smile to Chu-e face but- it was in that serene, sad sort of way. The kind of look from someone who was dying and knew it, or had accepted a loss that had torn their heart in two. It was an invasive line of questioning. It did hurt to talk about. Yet, with he felt like, on some level, for some reason, she wouldn't look at him with the kind of sharp pity most people did. It made him... okay with opening up that box in his chest, letting a few of the buried feelings out in the air and poking that bruise.

"We were going to adopt before I... 'died'." He pokes at his food, glancing down at the rice and soup still left in his bowls. "We... had the room all set up. Had the paperwork ready, just needed to drop it off and start the process. But... I don't think I can do that on my own, anymore."

It was a sharp turn in conversation. A sad one, but one Chu-e had long accepted.

"I'd like to find someone to care about me again, don't get me wrong but... Cait, whatever those people in that lab did to me. It poisoned me. It rotted my insides. The doctors don't know how I'm still alive. And they don't think I have that long left."

He motioned around him self, to his home, vaguely.

"That's why I wanted to come back. To live here, even if it's... big and empty and full of sad memories. Hoenn was the first place I was happy in years. I want to spend what time I have left in the last place I was happy. Maybe make some other people happy, too." He laughed softly, glancing back up with another weak smile. "Maybe see you in a pretty white dress, if that's how you celebrate."

"I want to live, while I can, to make myself happy, ya know? I would love a child but... I ain't going to orphan no kid, Cait." He grinned again. "Which means," He stood up suddenly, went to grab the mostly cooled pie and place on the table between them. "that you need to get to cranking them out so I can spoil them senseless. So wrangle that man of yours! Be Mrs. Cait Game! Or... Mr. Senon Alfric?"
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 12:41:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it made for an unfortunate accumulation of events. both choi and his husband were at the cusp of extending their family, adding a valuable addition to their home. she was both relieved and saddened by the fact that the man was open to having a child. but he had also given up the dream of a babe in his arms, which caused a pang of sadness to stir within the depths of her heart. 

'that could easily be me,' she thought.

if something were to happen to sénon, she'd be left alone within her too-large cabin. the man's heart and stubbornness was driving him toward kanto, which would result in his own disappearance or death if he didn't tread lightly. 

'all alone. again.'

her lips trembled, the mention of choi's health also leaving her feeling as though the pair held similarities to one another. the desire for home and hearth, a sickness that bubbled beneath the surface and a life that held an immense amount of layers. cait allowed herself a laugh, a touch relieved that the subject lightened again. 

"i just have to figure out when and how," she said, leaning heavily into the new topic. "
sénon is fond of traditional ideologies when it comes to men and women. he's not at all sexist, but he fancies the idea of being a man i can rely on. a 'head of the household'-type figure. which i love to pieces.

cait claimed a piece of pie for herself, setting aside her recently emptied plate and bowl in favor of digging into the dessert. 

"
i don't want to take the proposal thing away from him. but at the same time i don't want to wait. if he has a wife and kids at home, he won't be as eager to drop everything and go 'fight the good fight' back in kanto."

she clicked her tongue, visibly mulling over her ideas. 

"maybe i can drop hints here and there. the most dramatic thing i could do is remove my birth control implant. a baby would hurry him along, i think. i'd much rather do that then have him go potentially kill himself out there."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Peek-in Pie
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 10:17:20 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"That is one way to do it, I guess." Chu-e snorted at the idea, of getting pregnant just to get her man. That took some dedication. Was also manipulative as hell. Chu-e was into it. "Dunno how you feel about 'folk' stuff, but I got a Blissey. Give me a while and I can get some eggs from her. They're supposed to boost fertility." Might just have been an old wive's tail, but hey, it was better than nothing, right? Plus, if that was how Cait wanted to get her kid, Chu-e would support her.

"You thought about names?" He continued, almost idly, as he grabbed himself a small slice of the pie; Pecan Pie, except with morsels of chocolate melted on the bottom for a richer taste. Would compliment the brown sugar well and help sweeten it up. Was pretty rich for his taste, since he didn't eat too many sweets anymore, but it would be good for a treat.

Even as he ate, though, and asked his question, his mind was elsewhere; mulling over anything a pregnant woman may need. Chu-e was positive had better people than him to rely on... but that wouldn't make him back down from helping her. The woman had wormed her way past the solid barrier around his heart in such a short amount of time, finding cracks he didn't even know existed. He really did want the best for her. If that meant helping her to doctor's appointments or just dropping off things she needed, well, so be it.