2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 11:52:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Aw, come on, I didn't do anything too mean the first time, either! I was just worried you would try and get me in hot water." Chu-e only stops when they're at a sec of picnic tables, worn and painted to be authentic to the time period. There are a lot of vendors hawking their wares, all dressed in period clothes. It smells like fire and grilling food.

There os even entertainment nearby. An area has been cleared out with a few sectioned off areas for Pokemom battles. Most of the places are empty, but one or two people are having it out.

Reaching, again, into his 'bosom', Chu-e pulls out a pokeball. "It would be nice to have tits for real. These things are so handy." He mutters before calling out a Slowking. Chu-e hands the pokemon his wallet, also stored in his chest vault, and grins at . "I've wanted to try the Merry Maker Platter since I got here so we're having that. What do you want to drink. Aloe will get it for us."

The Slowking let's out a long suffering sigh but nods as Razz.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 12:13:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

"I'm 90% sure you threatened me with death the first time," he corrects because Razz would find that to be very far from 'too mean.' AIt would have been 100% but considering the injury that still covered his head, he's been unable to recall a few higher details here and there. [break][break]

So for now he just takes his seat across the other and Salem was quick to join him on his shoulder. The ranger took a bit to take in the scenery to avoid watching them remove the pokeball 'boobs.' "Aren't there surgeries for that?" Razz questions at the whole boob thing. He honestly doesn't understand it, but he supposes he can't judge him for it. At the order he ponders if he should even do so, for all he knew the old Beast would want his pokemon to poison it. [break][break]

"Just water is fine thank you," he finally decides as he gives the Slowbro a nod of thanks. Though Salem would be following along because it seems like the two had the same idea. For now Salem trusting their trainer in Zaffre's hands.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 13:13:43 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You're only 90% sure, though. Maybe I was just doing some super advanced flirting." He had not been doing super advanced flirting. He had threatened to kill him. Still, he smiles and it's all teeth but more like he's holding something back. Probably a laugh, if the twitching of his lips is anything to go by.

"I'm not too eager to go under the knife..." He winced a bit at the idea; had seen those scars and could probably put why together. "Plus I'm not a woman! I'm still a guy, I just think dresses are fun. Have you ever tried it before? It's nice to not have to worry about people knowing who you are, sometimes."

Aloe, when Razz answered, nodded to the boy before he started to lumber for the stalls. He did not mind the company, the Psychic type peering back at their two trainers and rolling his eyes. Humans. He spoke to Salem, shaking his head. The Slowking's tone was exasperated yet fond. Do you want anything? The pink pokemon waved the wallet lightly. They could order whatever they wanted, too.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 16:06:13 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The look Razz gave Chu-e about his ‘super filtering easily read as ‘I see through that bullshit,’ “While I”lll be the first to admit I’m shit at reading people Ki, I think we both know that’s not what you did, but whatever hiding yourself and what not,” he grumbles the last part, because as much as Razz wanted to say he didn’t understand he very much did. He’d probably be none to kind to any who could possibly reveal him either. It was because of his lack of reading people that he didn’t notice too much of the other holding something back as they waited. [break][break]

Though he does realize how uncomfortable his surgery comment would’ve been after the mention of the scars. “Right sorry, though I still don’t get the appeal of dressing as a woman,” he comments before being asked if he’s ever tried it for not being recognized. Right now his saving grace has always been his new haircut and scared face for that. Though it does get him wondering about now if he wasn’t want to be recognized. ”I’m sure a wig and contacts are easy enough for most to get away with, “ he scans Chu-e up and down, ”What you have seems like overkill” [break][break]

Do you not like? is what Salem seems to respond back curious on the other Pokémon’s thoughts as his face does brighten up a bit at the offer. This maybe the pokemon of the enemy, but no reason they couldn’t get something nice. Lemonaide!

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 9:51:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I just like having fun, promise! It's kind of like... hm, well, I can't really explain it! I'm actually pretty new to doing Drag type stuff myself, I just enjoy it. Making the outfits, hiding parts of yourself, being able to use makeup like it's magic to buff out certain features... it's like an art, and I just think it's neat! Plus, it's like, uh... why should women only be in one box and men in another? That seems really short sighted. Like those people who think it's bad I'm gay, or whatever. Like, it's just..." He makes a vague noise and waves his hand around in a 'so-so' motion, failing to properly explain himself but hoping his point still got across. It was fine if didn't want to do it himself!

"Hey, how did you get so beat up, anyway?" Chu-e makes a motion like he would reach out and touch the other's face, maybe even gently, if he was close enough. Sadly for Razz, Chu-e was a very touchy person in general. "It looks nasty. Want me to call out Prince?" His Garvevoir that was his service pokemon. The psychic type was raised as a nurse and could do some basic healing on the other if he wanted.

With the pokemon, the Slowking stood in line, earning some side eyes from the human patrons. He gave a deep laugh, slow and languid, before shaking his head. They're just silly. He replied with, easy. Is yours as silly as mine? When it was his turn, Aloe made sure that the worker would not misunderstand what they wanted. The platter, drinks, one extra large lemonade included, and the largest bucket they had of pokemon treats, please. The worker was a bit bewildered but still took the pokemon's money when offered.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 10:40:34 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The young ranger just sits and listens as Chu-e tries to describe his passion for... dress up? Though he'd be lying if one of those things didn't peak his interest. Maybe it should be something he'd try looking into later. Honestly it gets even more confusing for him on the whole men and women in boxes, or maybe he was taking that to literal and even with only one eye showing confusion was just stamped on his forehead. "Umm.... good for you?" Razz clearly doesn't understand it, though it was clear he wasn't judging the other too much for it. "As long as you're having fun and not hurting anyone"[break][break]

At the mention of his bruise however and the other's attempt to touch Razz is quick to put a stop to that as he grabs his arm, "Please don't," he simply ask before he would let the other go. "Just a mission gone awry is all, I don't think I'm allowed to give detail," he lies, as its more as he can't give detail about it even if he wanted. Unbeknownst to the ranger, the one who sat across actually did have the answers he wanted. "As much as I would love that, I've been advised to let it heal naturally" [break][break]

As the trainers talk Salem just walks along with the Slowking, used to the odd looks as there have been times where he has picked things up from him. Silly in his own way but tries so hard for serious, Salem chuckles a bit as he gives a thanks to the vendor. Salem would be quick to help pick up everything with his own psychic abilities as a thanks for the Slowking and his trainer picking up the tab.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 11:01:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e can't fault for not understanding. It wasn't like he explained it well and he wasn't even for sure why he liked it so much himself. Maybe someday they could both figure it out and be happier for it.

"Eh, that's how it goes. Want me to kick someone's ass for you?" Even if Chu-e was still feeling all pleased and wavy from his smoke, he was still of sharp enough mind to know the truth of the matter- and not let his mask slip that he knew. He wiggled his arm free from the other, pouting again at nothing in particular. Kind of like a child who had been caught trying to sneak into the cookie jar. "You know, you're real serious for someone whose practically a baby. You're going to get wrinkles before you're twenty. Loosen up a little! It's good for you!"

Chu-e looked like he wanted to say more, but the food was placed between them. The platter took up most of the table, probably meant for more than just two people (and their pokemon). On the platter was a large bunch of grapes, various cheeses with two loaves of bread, butter, various boiled vegetables, some type of sausages, and two massive bird legs. There were no forks provided for the authentic experience but plenty of napkins. Chu-e did not wait, picking up one of the legs by the bone and sinking his teeth into it.

"Thish is sho good!" There was no way in hell he would be able to finish even a fourth of the leg alone on his own, let alone this whole tray. Razz had bettered have brought his appetite.

Aloe picked up one of the ears of corn, nibbling on it and helping himself before he put the basket of treats down for them all to share. Funny. My human is very silly. Should be more serious.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 17:31:47 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a small snort that escapes him, he doesn't know what's funnier: the fact that someone offered to kick someone's ass for him, or that it was a former Kanto Beast that offered it. "I've only heard of your battle prowess 2nd hand but I doubt I'd wish that on anyone, so no."[break][break]

He does tilt his head at the other when he's basically referred to as a stick in the mud. "I'm no baby, I'm 19," he can't help but protest, like most young people already seeing himself as getting old. Though that may be from the fact that he's gone through so much in his life that he felt old.[break][break]

"Besides not all of us smoke our stuff in public Ki, personally I just do it at night in the safety of my own home," he goes on, letting the other know that he was well aware he had some sort of high.[break][break]

He pauses when the food is placed in front of him as he takes a glance at Salem who seems distracted by a sugary drink. Traitor, but at least it was enough to let him know the food was safe. He gives Salem a scratch behind the ear before looking toward the Slowking, "Thank you very much you two, and thank you too Ki" he makes sure to show thanks as his Oshawott joins in with the pokefood. [break][break]

Serious is so boring though, Salem seems to protest, as it was he was still trying to pick at his trainer's shell to open up some

[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 6:32:48 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Some people deserve to have my foot shoved up their ass!" He laughs as he says it, trying to hide his grin behind the massive bird leg but failing. So, instead, he picks up a slice of the bread and a bit of cheese to cram into his mouth next. At this, he also hums in contentment.

Aloe does nod at the praise. The water type is busier trying to feed the Oshawott and Salem the pokefood, or at least put more on their napkins as they finish it. He wanted to make sure they got enough to eat and tended to baby pokemon that were smaller than him.

"Ooooh, so you figured me out... please don't arrest me, officer. I promise I have a permit. I just forgot it." The way he pouts, overblown and exaggerated, shows he's joking. But he does pick at his food some more, pinching off little bites instead of being more civilized with it. It was a Ren Faire, after all, so no need to go too much out of character. "But, it's nice you think I'm still able to battle like that... honestly, most of my pokemon have very little battle experience at all!" He glances over at the field for a moment, a more pensive look passing over his features as he remembered his fallen pokemon. He missed them.

But then he glances back, like he had the best idea in the world. Uh-Oh. Poor .

"Hey, want to have a friendly battle over there? Could be your Oshawott verses myyyyy...." Chu-e held out the letter as he looked at his pokeballs, nodding as he picked one out. "Buneary! Creams hasn't been in a battle since I've had her."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 21:41:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz just gives the other a small chuckle at the comment of some people deserving an ass kicking. The young man taking another bite of the turkey leg, if nothing else the faire had some really good food. He even goes as far as to give a small piece and give it to both his pokemon he had out, if they wanted it. [break][break]

Both Salem and Zaffre make sure to thank the Slowking, though Salem does make sure to tell him to not forget about himself! [break][break]

“I’m a ranger, not an officer wouldn’t be my jurisdiction anyways,” Razz can’t help but comment with a raised brow seeming confused at first. It would take another minute or so for him to realize that the former Beast was joking. He really needed to work better at reading people. He just hopes that it goes overlooked, because the last thing he needs is the other getting more reason to tease. [break][break]

At the idea of a battle he is unsure. “I don’t really battle traditional battles,” he can’t help but comment as he ponders over the idea of it all. He does look to Zaffre to see what he thought, “Think you can handle a bout?” the ranger asks and while he does look nervous, there is a sense that his pride was on the line. Besides maybe he could take on a rookie without his shell. The otter pokemon gives a nod as if to accept, “I guess there is your answer, after we eat I’m guessing? Or are you more eager than you’re letting on?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 2:15:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"To be fair, I didn't battle 'traditional' battles, either." Chu-e grins around a bite of his bird, wiggling a brow at . It was kind of fun to be himself, at least a bit, around someone who knew his past. Shame that Razz wasn't part of the club anymore. It would have been fun to have him around.

"Yeah, after we eat! I don't want to waste this good food." Even if he couldn't eat it all himself he knew his pokemon would finish it up. "Actually, your cutie reminds me..." Tapping his own Pokeball, Chu-e calls Creams out. The Buneary gives a stretch, rubbing her eyes before glancing around the area. She's pink, a variant, instead of the usual cream color. Instantly, her little nose twitches and she reaches into the platter to pick up a whole, roasted sweet potato, not even asking permission before she digs in.

"Creams, would you be cool with a battle? With this guy?" Chu-e jerks his thumb at Razz and Zaffre. Creams glances up, her cheeks pudgy from her food, before nodding and standing up on the table. She offers her, slightly messy, paw to Zaffre to give an excited shake.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 16:28:58 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Then if nothing else they were both at a handicap in this as they were going to try for a more traditional battle rather than probably going after the trainer. He's not sure if that was what the other's tactic would be, but he sure as hell knows that how he was taught by his mother. Razz decides its probably best not to comment on it, as he still very much tries for the angle that his mother was the sole rocket, not himself. Whether or not the other believed that he wasn't sure. [break][break]

With his turkey leg done Razz just moves onto the snacks given now, allowing for Chu-e to finish his own food. He just looks at the shiny buneary up and down as if already trying to look for weak points. Though he is still unsure of just how well Zaffre would do in a traditional battle without his shell. The otter looks nervous at first as the bunny's seeming confidence but he just swallows a pokePuff whole before jumping onto the table, seemingly determined. [break][break]

"Guess it's decided, and while I know this should go unsaid but considering how our jobs require a... harsher battle style at times," no that present tense wasn't a mistake, it was a suspicion, "I guess it should be mentioned no targeting the other?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 7:12:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Why would I do that?" Something flashes in his eyes at that, filled with a dark promise. Ah, so knew of part of his battle style... but not all of it. That would be good to remember if it ever came up in the future. But, he was done for now, placing his half eaten turkey leg down. Chu-e really hadn't eaten all that much. But, he couldn't help it. Meat was harder on his stomach than most things and his medicines made eating in general a challenge.

Wiping the grease from his fingers, Chu-e straightened up his wig before letting out another pokemon. Pufff, his Incineroar, stretched before giving both Razz and his pokemon an excited wave; he was always full of energy. "Help finish all this food off, okay?" Puff nodded and sat down next to Chu-e, making the man grin and pat his pokemon on the head.

"Creams looks done... your cutie is determined... shall we?" Chu-e was already getting up, prepared to leave the rest of the pokemon to guard their seats and finish their meal. For now, Razz was completely safe, after all. One couldn't do too much in a public space like this.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 2:59:31 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz just gives the other a simple shrug for the ‘why’ cause who knows what the other would do. It was clear Razz still didn’t trust the other, and honestly he’d leave the guy now. But he feels like it would be easier to just ride the wave rather than just go against it. Maybe it’ll make everything go faster.[break][break]

At the sight of the Incineroar Razz can’t help but lean back as a reflex, the very sight of the fire pokemon making him quickly lose his appetite. So he is probably the first one up and away from the table as he waits for the rest to finish as he checks his phone for a couple of things. Salem seems to question if everything was fine, but Razz waved him off as if things were fine. [break][break]

Thankfully they were done quick enough as he looks to Zaffre, who is determined, “Yeah I guess… just lead the way,” he comments not entirely sure if this battle was a real choice.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
be merry for me
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 6:02:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e was watching sharply even if he pretended he wasn't. Ah, so the reaction that had had to his Delphox was not a one time thing. If Chu-e had to guess, Fire types may have made the boy wary... it was a theory to test later and to keep in the back of his pocket.

But, for now, he just grinned wildly as he went to claim them one of the dirt rectangles. This was nothing fancy, just a chalk outline on the grass. Taking up his spot, Chu-e directed Creams in front of him. The pink rabbit pokemon took up her spot, giving a few little stretches and looking determined.

"You can have first move, Razz!" He called out to the other, hands on his hips. Seems they were ready to begin.