he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 21:14:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

While the phone call asking him to come seemed a little bit off, there was way too much with his currant psyche to pick it apart. It was the Dragon Sanctuary once more seeing to call for the help of their local ranger, having missed the memo that said local ranger was on forced leave. In the end they did convince him to come to at least let Duncan see his brothers and sisters. [break][break]

Dressed for a more casual visit rather than an official one the young man just did what he could to enjoy the controlled environment they had built for the little dino fossils. Fun news for him was that he had come on the day they were getting a bath and he was asked if he'd be willing to help out. Not having much else to do he had agreed, though it seems like he was going to be on his own for a bit as one of the workers was called away. [break][break]

"But don't worry, someone else will be joining you again soon"
[break]

She assured him, Razz nodding in response as one of the Tyrunt used his distraction to try and wiggle out of his grip and run. To which Razz just picked them up, "Don't think so," he chuckled before putting her down to wash her scales again, the other tyrunts for now playing around as they waited their turn.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 8:15:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin helps not out of kindness nor obligation, but out of a desire to check up on .

It's been long enough since the incident with to assume that the memory-altering effects of psyshock have taken root with no adverse effects beyond the resurfacing of painful old memories. The real test would be to meet with Razz in person and gauge his reaction to one of the individuals who'd been the cause for such torture. That's why Gavin was here.

Or, rather, why Patrick Cavalli so willingly answered a request for his continued aid in the fossil program.

"How are the rascals holding up?" He smiles as he enters the room, noting the floor slick with water from attempted escapees. "Not giving you too much trouble, I hope."

He does not allow his gaze to linger beyond what could be considered normal or polite, bending down to scoop up one of the Tyrunt and carry it over to a bath.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 9:09:49 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

If Patrick is staring it isn't something that he notices, with the Tyrunt he currently has in his arms seeming to want to run off he had his hands full enough to barely notice someone coming in. So there is a bit of a surprised jump at the sudden voice as razz is forced to look over. "Ah Mr Gavalli!" wait... he rubs his head as he realizes he got that wrong, "Cavalli, sorry head's been a bit scrambled," he jokes to brush it off for now not showing just how much it bugged him. [break][break]

He finally lets the one he's holding lose as she goes off to tackle one of her brothers in the water. "Just a bit, are you who they hired for a check up?" he ask before he beckons for another tyrunt, this time he ended with one much more excited to be bathed.

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 19:06:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though his expression does not betray him, alarm lances through Gavin at the slip-of-the-tongue. Gavalli could be taken at face value as a mere misunderstanding of the surname, but it had sounded for a moment too close to Gavin for the Rocket's comfort. corrects himself, but Gavin's guard is already up.

"Patrick's fine," he insists, then allows his gaze to linger on the fading bruises as if only now realising they were there. "Shit, I think I'd be a bit scrambled, too; you look like you lost a fight with an Urshifu."

Though Patrick makes an attempt at humour, Gavin knows these injuries to be a result of disposal. They'd roughed him up and left him somewhere, the details of the drop-off kept privy from even Gavin and . Plausible deniability.

"Yeah, they said someone called out. Looks like you should've called out, are you sure you're OK? I can take over for you if you need a minute."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 19:24:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

This Tyrunt is a much more nicer change of pace from the previous one, seeming to lean into the washing rather than fighting it. It calmed him for a moment before the mention of his wounds. He does what he can to hold a smile as if it didn’t bug him. “Urshifu?” He questions a bit not familiar with the pokemon and ponders if he meant Ursaring, but the other was the scientist between them so it was more likely a pokemon he was unaware of. “Honestly some days it feels like it,” he chuckles. [break][break]

Razz waves one hand dismissively at the other’s concern, “Its fine, they look worse than what it is and technically this is me uhh ‘called out’” he admits, “I’m technically on forced leave from the Rangers, but got a call from here asking if I wanted to bring Duncan over since they were doing check ups anyways, and then somehow got roped into helping bathe them,” he informs as he points over to the group of Tyrunt still waiting their turn as his was one of them. [break][break]

“I hope your new year has been going better than mine so far”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 23:45:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Big bear with a headband," Gavin offers, by way of description. "Fighting-type. Dual-type, I think, but I think there's different sub-types. Evolves from Kubfu, if you've heard of that."

There had been a challenge in Hoenn that had rewarded the victors with the Pokemon, but Gavin's group had not been among them. A weak link had dragged them down, and they had not been able to recover in time. The memory is bitter with failure.

"Anyway, they pack a hell of a punch."

doesn't elaborate on the source of his injuries, and Gavin doesn't pry. Though he burns with curiosity regarding what the other remembers, if anything at all, he can't seem too eager. He focuses on a rambunctious Tyrunt that thrashes about in his grip, soaking Gavin and the floor around them before long. His wet clothes are uncomfortable but he endures.

"Well, I haven't run into any angry bears, so that's a plus for me," he jests, flinching back as water sprays across his face. Little rascals! "Honestly, any year'll beat one that ended in an alien war. Fucking Hoenn."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 0:07:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

If Gavin is expecting him to know what it is based off description he'd be severally disappointed. Unknowing to Razz during his time in his trainee days as a Ranger, the event has gone on where this rare pokemon was rewarded. Though since he hasn't met a person with them he couldn't possibly know what they were as their rarity put little to no information in his current DexApp. "I'll take your word for it"[break][break]

Razz sighs tiredly at Patrick's words, "Yeah I hear that honestly it feels like I've done more in the past few months than I have in the past few years thanks to those bastards," As he is still working on one of them another seems to be trying to bump into him now, as if demanding that it was his turn now! His turn! "Just a bit longer alright?" He tries to reassure though the pouting one then just seems to move over to Patrick to demand their turn. [break][break]

"Though considering some of the pokemon that have popped up, or even those plates that have been showing up, who knows if this year will be any less stressful"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 15:27:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The subject shifts to the war; this is a topic on which he and can agree without difficulty, having fought on the same side against the Megalopolans.

"I'm hearing less and less of them in the news," he says. "Not sure if that's good or bad. Hard to tell with the League, sometimes."

He keeps any hint of vitriol from his tone, as if he's merely stating fact. Public perception of their government was not always positive even outside of Rocket's spheres.

As he sets down his squirming Tyrunt, allowing her to scamper off to play, another one marches up as if demanding to be next. There's the barest hint of a smile on his lips as he's reminded of his own Tyrantrum when she'd been this young.

"Ah, yes, the plates. Fascinating business, that." To think that there were so many discovered and yet others they'd heard no word of, at least according to 's explanations. "You think there's any truth to them?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 19:35:01 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"The previous mention was them retreating to the desert right?" he ponders for a moment as he thinks back to the last HNN report about them. Then there was the adventures down there, but he rather not think about that too much. All it would do is bring up more stress. "If we're lucky that'll be the last we hear of them," is all he comments clearly not bothered by the other's opinions on what the league were or weren't doing. Razz more than well aware that people had problems. [break][break]

With the currant Tyrunt finally done he takes a tired breath as he sits down in the water for now, clearly not caring just how wet he was getting as he poured a bucket of water on them. Though as soon as they run off to dry another decides it would be a fun idea to jump on him making Razz give out a very sore groan, clearly not 100% recovered. He was not prepared for that. [break][break]

"Considering how 'Avatars' are given magic or what not via their connection to pokemon most thought to be legends," he begins to answer through a pain toned as he shifted to move the blue Tyrunt of the group off him as he takes a buket to rinse them, "Then the fact that more are popping up, there is zero doubt in my mind about how genuine they're are," he answers honestly though there is definitely grave worry, "The question I feel we should be asking is just how to we prepared for legends that can distort time and space?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 20:24:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"We get rid of them, a new problem'll pop up." He states it like a fact, with an accompanying shrug. "You've clearly had a rough week, and I don't imagine the aliens did that to you?"

He gestures vaguely at the fading bruises, a huff of dry laughter in his throat.

The Tyrunt who'd practically demanded bath-time was calm as a result, allowing Gavin to focus more on . His tone. His expression. Subtle nuances. Gavin did not get close to people; instead, he studied them from afar, like bugs beneath glass. His stare could pin a man like a Beautifly's wings. Now, however, it's relaxed and friendly. A mask.

He winces with false sympathy as one of the eager Pokemon jostles the Ranger's injuries. Gavin does not delight in the other's pain, but neither does he feel guilt for ordering its infliction.

Dialga, is Gavin's first thought, at mention of a being of time. Palkia, of space. Giratina... what had Chryssa called it? Renegade. Such powers offered dangerous promise. He was not as frightened as he should have been.

"Guess that's what we've got Avatars for," he shrugs. "Don't think you or I could stop the likes of the Creation Trio. How many legendries have you seen up close?"
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 22:21:52 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Aliens? No, but the ones who have caused it I'd hardly call a new problem Mr Cavalli," he comments already forgetting the other asked to be addressed as Patrick as he rubs one of the injuries the Tyrunt bugged. "The aliens brought in something new, they were a distraction from the problem Hoenn already had," he continues on, acting as if he knew exactly who had hurt him rather than just a theory.[break][break]

Razz begins the scrubbing of the scales for the shiny tyrunt as his own comes forward seeming to complain to the other about what they just did. Duncan seemingly annoyed in his trainer's place before the Ranger bops him on the snout, "I'm fine don't worry," he assures amused by the dyno's protectiveness there. [break][break]

"Can the avatars stand up against them though?" he ponders out loud, sure they're magic and have legends of their own willing to work with them. At the question he has to stop an ponder about that for a moment. There were the couple and Mauville such as the Giratina, the Groudon the Champion used, had Zekrom, had the dogs. Outside the war he ponders again thinking how showed him his, and while he knew someone who had one he didn't see it. There was Moltress and the other bird from when he fought the light eater, then 2 more unknowns. The death bird from , and as he pondered he was hating more and more the number growing. Did the creepy fire monster from going underground count as one? The Zerzora? The Ultra Beast? "Almost double digits now I believe? but that's just what I've seen personally seen as I've heard of others showing up in different areas of the war, but what do numbers matter about beings that manipulate space and time if the plates are to be believed"[break][break]

Apparently he has had a very active 4 months.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 22:55:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Suspicion sinks its claws in deep. Would they have to take care of a loose end?

"Street gangs?" he guesses, frowning. With Rocket out of the public eye, he avoids alluding to them. "Why would anyone go after you, though? No offense." He lifts his hands apologetically. "You're just not, uh, threatening? I don't know. Ranger bust gone wrong or something?"

Most of the Tyrunt have been bathed. The one Gavin's just finished with shakes itself off like a dog, scattering droplets of water everywhere. Beads of it catch on Gavin's glasses, warping his view of into a blur before he pushes the glasses up onto his forehead.

"If the trio is working together, I don't know. But if Giratina is the Renegade, then it's possible they feud like Kyogre and Groudon in some of Hoenn's legends. One at a time, our numbers don't seem too bad."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 20:26:48 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“While they are a problem along with many other things yes, this was from poachers,” Razz lies without skipping a beat, unknowing to him that ‘Patrick’ could easily call him out on it. Though that would present a different set of problems as already the young man can’t help but give the other a questionable look. ”Really? he questions as he thinks back to November when the two of them killed a group of cannibals in a way akin to the electric chair and Patrick still saw him as non-threatening? He’ll dismiss it for now, ”Well I find unthreatening tends to stick under the radar easier so guess I’m doing something right there, as for the job yeah it was a bust, I’d say more but the Captains rather I don’t give too much details about it,” he lies again, because he couldn’t give details about it even if he wanted to. Makes him ponder about the whole Hypno thing again Professor mentioned. [break][break]

For now he shakes his head as he once more focuses on the task at hand as he finishes up the Shiny Tyrunt leaving only Duncan left who has been waiting for the others. Razz takes a moment to ponder about the whole thing again. “I guess we can only hope for their fighting then and pray their fighting doesn’t hurt Hoenn as much as the war did,” not that he actually believed it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 20:55:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Shit, I didn't even consider poachers." To the general public, those that stayed away from the illicit purchasing of Pokemon goods from shady figures, poachers may as well be an invisible problem.

"You seem like a nice kid," Gavin elaborates, when looks doubtful of his non-threatening presence. "I mean, maybe you've got some villain alter-ego," he laughs, clearly jesting, "but from what I've seen of you, I don't feel threatened. Maybe if I was an alien, but fuck those guys."

He knew Razz could handle himself, but he didn't exude the sort of presence the likes did.

He seems to acquiesce easily to the fact that Razz isn't allowed to give out details; if this were a true story, he'd know not to pry. So he flashes an understanding smile, says, "Well I hope you gave 'em as good as you got," and leaves it there.

"Me, I just hope they stay in space, or wherever they're from. Bad enough that we pissed off Kyogre during the war, we don't need another set of legends riding our asses."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
More than just a Tyrunt
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 0:01:31 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Guess when your job doesn't involve them they're easy to forget about," the ranger comments though he still doesn't think it's average poachers he was after that night, but he didn't have the proof or memory to say otherwise. [break][break]

Ah that explained it though he gives a bit of an awkward laugh at the whole 'alter-ego' comment. If only the other knew about just how easy it was to fall back into old habits if pushed far enough. Something he was trying to work on but it was good to know others saw him as decent. "Uhh glad to hear it? Ummm... you're not threatening either...?" Razz Kingman everyone, truly a master conversationalist and just the biggest threat the Rangers could send. [break][break]

"Sorry... I'm not... good with words, but uhhh I guess? Sadly, I was knocked out when the mission finished," he informs, promising himself this was the last information he was going to give. [break][break]

Though as the scientist talks about his hope of them just staying in space he thinks back to his conversation with about the whole not-dream thing a few months back, then back to the plates, "Not gonna lie, I think we're already too late for that"

[break][break]