4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 4:51:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Unfortunately, she didn’t have the eyesight to catch his quirk.

Despite the blur, Tapu Fini’s presence was impossible to mistake. This time, she gave it her attention. The look on her face was one of curiosity.

She restated it. “You want something from me, or I would already be somewhere else, under the interrogation of actual interrogators while you do your actual job. This is clearly a personal endeavor.” There was only a short pause for punctuation. Time was of the essence, clearly. “You would risk ruining my brain to find my clients?”

She snorted, feigning the upper hand.

“Destroy something of value that you already have, to bet that you might find something else; some dirt on someone that came to me in the first place? That seems pretty counterintuitive.” She felt her heart flutter a little. “I thought you weren’t much of a gambler.”

I'm calling your bluff.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 4:58:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He gives her the stand. Talk all you want. Anything to buy you some more time. Maybe, just maybe, she'll call it quits and give in. Sometimes that's all it takes. Many fronts have faltered mid-sentence. On the smidge of mercy Fernando hedges their friendship on, he gives her that.

And when she doesn't he feels no remorse.

"Yes."

Curt and to the point. Now she's wasting not only his time but Tapu Fini's as well.

"One layer should do it. No need to hold back. Might knock some sense into her. Just don't scramble anything too important. We'll purge her empty when we're done."

Tapu Fini gives a way of its hands before mustering up another SHATTERED PSYCHE.

---

By the time she wakes up, the sun is just starting to set. It casts a warm and forgiving glow onto the bed and her eye lids. It almost seems calming.

The sound of keys clicking can be heard from the living room. The news is playing. It's always playing.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 5:20:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It seemed Fernando defied his own advice. Again, she felt the feeling of her mind leave her. A prickling of nerves, a coldness.

She fell, hitting the bed again.

When she woke, she didn’t move from the bed immediately. Her body wasn’t used to this. Her spine rolled back as she stretched and attempted to adjust, as she had the first time, back into reality.

She was still in the same room. By the angle of the light coming in, it was much later in the day—early evening. She was alone, but there was the sound of something. Keys on a keyboard?

"We’ll purge her empty when we’re done."

Her brain settled on that, for now. How empty, she wondered?

Willing herself to ignore the needs of her body at this point, she shrunk back into the covers, turned her back to the doorway, and laid there, thinking for a long moment, listening. The news. And that keyboard. It kept going, in uneven jabs. Bless him, he wasn’t very fast, was he?

Assuming it was him.

Lulu still had no idea where she was. Eventually, she got up, maneuvering around to inspect her environment and coming across her glasses and clothing, all of which were washed and folded neatly. Her mouth pursed. What the fuck was this?

After getting dressed, as quiet as a mouse, she crept out of the room in the direction of the sound, vigilant and feeling much more confident with her eyes on.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 5:45:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando remains unaware of her awakening provided she proves vigilant enough to keep her presence undetected. For now, his back is turned, paying attention to a small stock ticker in the top right-hand corner of his laptop screen. His main window involves several lines of text, alien, as they continuously scroll without any manual changes from him. Every so often his eyes will check in on them but it means little overall. The way the console floods with weird symbols seem reminiscent of a running script.

In the far corner of the room, nearest the balcony window, Tapu Fini resides within its shell. The shell is closed and the Pokemon's black carapace glistens against the faint sunlight.

The sound of invisible step plop within the room, small paws against wood flooring, as the red stripe of his Kecleon floats aimlessly in circles. Eventually it stops, facing Lulu's direction. It's yet to make any noise, meaning she may still be undercover. But who knows?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 6:23:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Seeing the pokemon out made her think of Djall. Lulu let him wander the apartment, rarely taking him with her, and he’d end up alone that evening--for the second time. Hopefully, would catch on to her disappearance sooner than later and realize he was there, perhaps even do something about it.

She padded gingerly into the room on bare feet. Not in a terribly sneaky way, but rather a way which meant to not disturb. Her steps stopped at the room’s threshold, locating the pokemon in it and then him.

There was a long moment when all she did was eye the back of his head.

“Do you live here?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 6:33:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Her presence is noted but otherwise unimportant. When Fernando doesn't say anything at first, wrapping up his typing with a punctual period, the Kecleon plods off again. Each step leaves a little scuff mark of it's last position as it returns to the kitchen. The rest of the room remains still, as boring and mundane as its furnishings.

"Rarely. Only when I need to."

He leans back as the script comes to a close. The last word is in plain English, an error code Lulu will recognize as the default error code for a failed attempt. It means the logic isn't correct and collapsed in on itself.

"No one will bother us, if that's what you're thinking."

AKA no one will come save you.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 6:58:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She took in more of the details of the room. The personality of his interior was something she both realized was not ideal and also could relate to. She briefly wondered if his regular place was any different. It didn’t matter.

Unsure how to respond, she fell quiet again for a long moment before shifting.

“Great.”

“Where’s your bathroom?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 7:16:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Back where you came. Far end of the hall.

There’s no escape, as far as he’s concerned, so she’s given free agency everywhere except the main foyer. That’s why he remains in the main living room, the one place that connects the foyer to the rest of the apartment. “Feel free to shower too. You probably need it.

He clicks his tongue in a small fit as he considers another way to tackle his issue. Eventually, he concedes, pulling up a map of the ocean between Lilycove and Mossdeep. It’s live footage from a satellite and he starts to combo through pictures, searching for something. He’s searching the ocean for something very specific.

What lies under its depths?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 8:02:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

There were no words when she left the room.

Water running over her forehead, smoothing bangs too-long over her eyes, would become her one feeling of comfort during her stay here. Familiarity. A moment of true peace. Oddly, it was silent, even in her head. Her mind hummed inaudibly on auto-pilot. Her eyes were dead, focusing merely on the patterns running through the stone.

She reached for soap, presumably as plain as his taste in furniture, and washed off what very little she could of yesterday. When finished, she dried, got dressed once more, avoided her reflection, and stepped out into the hall. She hadn’t bothered washing her hair, which was still very much unkempt. She didn’t care what she looked like to him, especially not now.

🌢

She emerged the same way as last time, quiet but not sneaky. Again, she hung at the threshold of the room like a vampire, untrusting, or unsure how to navigate it, or both. Lulu had been around some very touchy people in her life. She also had never felt entirely comfortable in unfamiliar abodes, regardless of circumstances. It was the only time she ever felt agoraphobic. She didn’t connect with people enough to see their interiors. Peering into their lives like that had always felt strangely like voyeurism. Perhaps this was how Fernando had felt.

It was maybe a good thing he didn’t show anything through the furnishings. She uncomfortable enough as it was.

It was difficult to see his screen, but her eyes looked towards it anyways, squinting. A map? He seemed absorbed in it. She leaned into the wall silently, arms crossed, observing from afar.

There were too many questions to decide on one so suddenly, as she’d spent the shower dissociating, so she remained silent, thinking.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 8:23:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Again, Fernando does not notice her presence. That or he chooses to ignore it in lieu of his laptop. He’s dead set on scouring the Hoenn ocean, taking the time to scour every square for several seconds. At a set interval, with no real discerning pattern, he’ll zoom in, running a quick search of that point’s depths as well as a view of the water. Whatever’s on record.

Over time, repeatedly, it becomes obvious that he’s looking for something in the ocean. Something that’s been captured on the global map. Sometimes, he’ll reference a depths chart, logging it to the long and lat of the location.

When his Kecleon comes out, just to pause at her presence, does he comment.

What do you want to eat?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 9:01:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

As she realized what he was doing, the edge of her mouth twitched a little. Hmm. That definitely wasn’t was the best thing he could have been looking at, but that also definitely wasn’t her fault, if that was what it was. Right? Surely, not…

At the mention of food, she felt her stomach growl. She hadn’t previously felt hungry.

Lulu didn’t cook much or go out, and had a poor diet of frozen goods and habits left over from prison. She managed to stay in shape through sheer force alone--and, unfortunately, that apparent 'health' only ran so deep systemically.

She was annoyed when presented an open range of ‘nothing is right or wrong’ options. This was part of why she didn’t really cook in the first place, or, when she did, it was the same thing over and over.

She shook her head and shrugged, not having expected the question. “Food?”

Trying to please her? Put something in front of her, don’t ask her about it. She wasn't picky. She just didn’t like to waste time on inconsequential decision-making. Now, it felt even more trivial than usual. Was he really asking her what she wanted?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 9:33:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"...?"

Of course food. What else would they eat? Each other? Fernando can feel the frustration mount onto his shoulders. He rebukes himself for even sparing the courtesy—a waste of breath and time.

"Cila," he calls out, "third meal, budget."

Unlike her, Fernando knows there's a difference between right and wrong. The biggest factor into it is that it's not up to him to discern which is which. Such inconsequential decision-making is a waste of his brain power. As insignificant as it is, it still uses up his brain and therefore detracts from such skills, or so he's read. So he lets his own personal assistant handle that.

What does matter is the macros, calories, and portion size of his meals. The what doesn't matter as long as all his needs are met. And, in that same vein, these are not decisions that Fernando asses himself to make. Money truly does buy happiness, giving him the freedom and convivence of having an onboard nutrition make up his meal plans and chart out his needs for the body-type and lifestyle that he wants. Everything else is just planning, calculating, and abiding by that ruleset.

When it comes to straight numbers, Cila, his personal AI, is more than sufficient. It picks the place with the highest reviews against a filter of how many calories Fernando still has in his allowance. The macros are considered as well but they don't have to be exactly within threshold, as long as he gets close enough.

"Cila, guest meal, cheat meal."

And he makes the extra order for Lulu as well. Considering she's done nothing but sleep for most of the day, he imagines she could use the excess calories. It makes maintaining her that much easier should the need arise to knock her out again for a day or two.

The order is made online, automatically, without any further prompting or request. It'll arrive in half an hour, give or take.

Fernando gives one more chance at ocean diving, getting particularly close to a 'point of interest' he's unaware exists, before minimizing the window.

"How was your nap?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 9:51:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Cila. Sounded sexy. What did it stand for?

She listened to the orders made, not really bothering to note the differences so much as wondering what they were being addressed to.

At his question, her eyes cut at him. Asshole.

“You have an AI assistant?”

Obviously, but the question was meant to highlight her curiosity, and divert from the irritating topic of her nap. She continued to linger awkwardly at the outside of the room, making no move to encroach on his workspace.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 10:01:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

He doesn't bother elaborating further because it's only a waste of time. What's the point in divulging more information about him when all he wants is information about her? However tough she proves to be, she'll crack in time. One way or another, just like the rest of them.

"Food will be here within the hour. Behave and you just might get some."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 10:18:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“…”

She shifted her weight on her hip, simultaneously changing which arm was crossed over which. Again, she ignored the fluff, letting it roll off like a tumbleweed against an armored vehicle navigating the desert of the apocalypse.

“What’s Cila stand for?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights