8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 10:27:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Convenience in Life Assistant."

Fernando pauses. It sounds so tacky coming out of his mouth. But it beats the truth, right? He's not sure, personally, and on a whim decides to entertain her. See if she can tell fact from fiction.

"It's short for Cilalic. Which ever story you prefer."

And, without missing a beat, it's her turn.

"Who have you worked for?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 11:01:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Considering what an odd name it would be to pull out of his ass, she went with the latter.

Her amber eyes stared at him, blinking judgmentally with visible confusion. The names that people came up with for things were, more often than not, ridiculous and weird. In the end, though, they never meant anything. Nothing more than stylistic identifiers. Still, it was stimulating to try and dissect the reasons people made the meaningless decisions that they did.

She picked up and inspected what seemed, at first glance, like another teeny, tiny scrap of Fernando’s obscure personality.

His question didn’t come out of left field. She decided to feed him more half-truths. “Lots of people. Randos on the dark web, mostly.” She considered. “If you want honest names and truths, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. I’m not the kind of freelancer to ask many questions.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 11:06:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Bullshit."

It's the expected answer but he doesn't buy it. He doesn't buy anything. Even when it's the truth. This time however, he has a few tools in his bag. He'll start with the scalpel. Dissecting the skin of statements is always the most fun. Underneath the thin veil of each premise is a mountain of flesh to unearth, where they contradict is where the vein lies, eager for someone to give it just the right snip.

"You create programs for randoms, sure. Not machines. Not systems. Not logically."

He sets the laptop down on the coffee table. She gains his attention in the turn of his head. Whatever strain a couple of hours of screen time earn him get rerouted straight on her figure. The way he scowls, it's no wonder his face is perpetually unhappy.

"If you want to go back to sleep I can have someone feed you with an IV or something. Wouldn't be the first time."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 11:36:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyebrows furrowed and a spirit kicked somewhere in her for a moment. “Why? Because you figure?”

She matched his scowl and doubled down.

“I work fast, and I
__________________don’t
________________________ask
__________questions.”

Here glare was unyielding. The missing dare between them was in her eyes, where he could often find it rather easily if he looked. “Sleeping doesn’t bother me. You’ve costed me plenty of it, about time you give it back.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 11:41:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Because I'd know about it."

He breaths a sigh heavy enough for the both of them before considering his approach. He has some time to kill and he rather not put her to sleep for a third time today. Based off his calculations, he needs to buy time for Tapu Fini just as much as she needs to for her freedom.

"How many people were in your little 'gang' back in Galar? How many of them were smarter than you?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 12:18:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

That was presumptuous, and a stupid bet. But she didn’t say that.

She waited for him to react; for the slumbering legendary off in her peripheral view to suddenly awaken and descend upon her. It never came.

The topic of Galar was now, oddly, one that provided some relief. A hand that she had already lost, free to view entirely exposed, on the table for his inspection.

She considered for a moment. “Couple hundred, maybe.” Of the Dragons, themselves. They were a focused group, and many were often scattered around the world at different times. The Mafia’s ranks, as a whole, however, were likely somewhere in the thousands.

At his last question she merely shrugged. “None of them. That’s why they hired me. I hunted them down and threatened them.” Via the dark web, to adopt her, in spite of her family. Lulu had some longstanding issues, simply put.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 12:29:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Couple hundred. Impressive. And all of them stupider than you too? Good job.

The way he phrases it is both sarcastic and condescending. Not that he doesn’t believe her. On raw talent alone, from what little he’s seen, plus the inquiry about Porygon, he’s willing to bet on her. But that only proves his next point.

Hundreds of people more vulnerable than you. Most of them will crack. It becomes a number’s game then. One by one, until something pops. They might not give me everything, maybe not even a lot, but they will slip. All I need is something, just the slightest detail, and over time I’ll have all the pieces I need for my little puzzle.

Applying that to the Dragon’s doesn’t mean much. Not when they’re protected by an ocean and raw distance. But he’s not talking about them. It’s just an analogy.

Now apply that to Hoenn. You’re not the first in here and you won’t be the last. Someone will crack and when I know enough your time will have expired.” He doesn’t waver. “How do you think I ended Team Rocket the last time they appeared? How do you think I knew about the Megalolpolans?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 12:57:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Teeth gritted, but her face didn’t change. This fucker. At that moment, Lulu realized she could use a cigarette. Hm.

How he’d ended Rocket? If this was the history, Lulu had not been aware of it, either for lack of being told, or lack of paying attention. She’d only been in six months, she hardly focused on  politics, and she didn’t ask questions.

This is where that had gotten her.

Lulu didn’t follow him the way he had probably intended to lead her, instead stating matter-of-factly, “I already took care of all of the Dragons that were in Hoenn.” Short of two or three who had been upstairs that night it had all gone down--they'd been taken care of by . You're welcome, Hoenn. Councilman.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 3:57:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Dragons? I don't care about some minor league no-names."

Fernando stops himself short of scoffing. To even compare such an insignificant force to the main players he's alluding to is disrespectful to both him and them. He's offended on their behalf.

"Aether, Megalopolans, Marco Cosmos, Team Rocket. Whoever you're tying hands with. Eventually, it'll come to light."

That or—

"Or this all proves inconsequential and you've wasted my time and your life away."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 4:23:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The man didn’t hold any punches. Every word was chiseled to an uncomfortable edge, either meant to fuck with her, or simply devoid of any filter he’d perhaps applied when they were friendlier. A man that did these kinds of things was cruel in nature. It shouldn’t matter who she was, what she’d done. She was still human, right?

“You really don’t like taking no for an answer, do you?”

Her nose wrinkled a bit.

“I don’t see how it would be me having wasted your time. You’re the one that decided to stalk me.” The corners of her mouth turned. This is why she had trust issues. This is why she pushed away in bed.

“What’s Marco Cosmos, anyways?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 5:25:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando hates being refused. For minor inconveniences, he’ll stomach it if inconsequential. But for matters that hold significant meaning? Well, she’s here now. If he can force his hand he will. All it takes is someone with the means and personality to stomp through the rest.

Conquers are built on the trampled bodies of the people they’ve stepped on.

Not in a zero-sum game.

The way his tongue clicks cut her excuse in half. He interrupts her without care because she is wrong. Whatever she says is meaningless because she’s wrong. And it’s his job to correct her.

You showed me too much. I warned you not to do it again, not in front of others, and you escalated it because you were too stubborn to accept it.” He can feel the deja vu. He’s had this conversation before. “That’s on you.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 5:47:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“…”

Her face scrunched.

Fuck you, Fernando.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 5:59:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]And he’s okay with that. Their conversation has ran its course. Out of his own twisted sense of mercy, he’s entertained her for far too long. At this point, it seems she won’t succumb to his demands so he’ll have no choice but to eliminate her to tie up loose ends. Much like her, he’s shown her too much. Not enough to ruin him but enough so that it’ll complicate things beyond what he’s comfortable with.

Thankfully, he knows how to pull the plug and be thorough about it.

An awkward silence sets in before they’re interrupted by a doorbell ring. Fernando slips into his façade like complimentary slippers, answering it between the crack and thanking the delivery person with a small nod. “Thank you,” he coos in the same manner he’d jostle her back at Kaleidoscope, amicable, friendly, before shutting the door.

He returns with two bags of food way too large to fit between two people. He sets them at the coffee room table, untying the half-hearted knot to reveal a sudden stream of steam and aromas.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 6:25:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It’s weird how the mind works.

Lulu had been raised by wolves. Wolves put dinner on the table, no matter what. They were tall and stony, cold-eyed and tightlipped, unless they were eating you.

They’d both been wolves in sheep’s clothing—he’d just managed to come out on top because he’d caught her, or rather she’d offered herself, at a weak moment. She’d been recovering, beaten down. Drunk. Sloppy.

Fuck, she could use a drink, on that note.

The sound of the door was the first sign of an exit. She listened to him, and the voice of another unsuspecting person, snorting lightly to herself with a twitch in her brow. Fake son of a bitch.

When he came back in with food, her stomach growled, but she didn’t go near him. She hovered at the edge of the room still, standoffishly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLINT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 8:25:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Too many plastic containers. Each one has a transparent lid with a small hole cut out in the corner. Fernando dishevels them from the stack by laying them out, setting up an arrangement that shows how plentiful their dinner is meant to be.

As is routine, the sound of his Kecleon rummaging for plates can be heard. Each one sits in the
Pokemon’s padded paws, clinging to the suction cups as it brings a stack of paper plates over for them to divide up their loot. Wooden chopsticks divide out the food and Fernando stacks each plate with meat brimming with a golden sauce.

His own portion is smaller than the rest but that’s intended. His Kecleon, as well as the others he’s set to feed, get to eat to their hearts content.

Here,” he comments airily, sliding her plate to the corner of the table. She has the same portion size as his Pokemon, noticeably more than his own.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights