Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Carry On My Wayward Son [C]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:22:34 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
It was fortunate that Hideo couldn't see his blush. There was indeed a mole on his posterior. It had been a hated mark, but alas one didn't get to choose such things at their birth. The blind boy would perhaps hear him gnash his teeth. If this was indeed who she said she was, why was she acting so strangely? That's what primarily dissuaded him from believing the woman.
[break][break]
''Mt. Pyre. We're on Mt. Pyre, Hideo,'' he answered his friend's question first. ''I was just getting you away from the festival like I was asked.'' Doubtless the other boy wouldn't miss the sullen tone in his voice. While he wasn't prone to follow League orders, was an exception. ''I'll get one of my pokemon to take you home soon.''
[break][break]
But then there was the more pressing matter, to him at least...
[break][break]
''If you're really my mother, then where have have been? Why did you just fuck off without a trace?'' Queries spoken with a gusto gone just previously. ''You know how bloody fucked it is just to bugger off without so much as a word. I thought you were dead, killed by the same cunts that got father.'' A long held conspiracy, but who knew if she remembered it.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 23:29:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's mouth opened slightly as the woman revealed something very...personal about Andy. Hideo didn't know what to say, only waiting for Andy to deny it and further decry her.

But Andy didn't do that. Not immediately anyway.

The most damning part was that Andy didn't deny having the ass-mark. There was teeth-gnashing and an effort to answer Hideo's question first, but he didn't say she was wrong.  Hideo was once again thrown for a loop as to whether or not this woman was Andy's mother - this time leaning towards "yes".

But what Hideo definitely caught was that Andy definitely say they were all the way on Mt. Pyre. Which was quite a distance away from the Festival.

"W-why all the way out here?!" he asked, his brow furrowed. "This is way too far away! We're gonna get in a lot of trouble if my parents find out I'm this far out!" "We" meaning Hideo, his brother, and very likely Andy if they learned who brought him out here. That was a quick way to end their dance lessons.

The promise that he'd get a ride back only somewhat calmed him; he didn't know how long it'd be until his parents found out about the stampede. "Fine," Hideo huffed, crossing his arms, "But we can't take too long, alright? It's only a matter of time 'till my parents call my brother to see how we are."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:11:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
First things first was....

While this seemed like a more private conversation to be having, it was logical that if they got him calmed down first, then her and could talk as much as they wanted.

"If needed, I can speak with them. I'm sure they'll understand since it was an emergency." She could be quite persuasive when needed. Plus, Hideo's parents didn't know about the absolute mess that was the relationship with her son. She would cover for the blind boy- since it benefited her in the moment.

Then, she turned her attentions back to Andy. There was a quiet moment as she mulled over how to respond to his questions. They were valid ones, ones that she could understand in part.

"I was summoned to Orre suddenly for my expertise. Some archeological site with evidence of strange insects." Those parts of the story barely seemed important now. She did deflate a little, glancing away. "I told father to let you children know. It was only supposed to be a two week trip." Which, at the time, was insignificant.

"I was at the site with with an archeologist and her assistant. Then the next thing I know I'm in a hospital bed and barely know my own name. Someone did attack us." Hadn't just attacked them, but tried to kill them. "I didn't know who I was, whoever attacked us took all our papers, so I laid in a Orre hospital and just had to wait for my facilities to return."
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 23:55:21 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''They won't'' Andy assured the other boy. ''I mean, they're going to bust your balls anyway. The festival got attacked, so either way they're going to be spoiling to cock up your traveling freedom.'' Between this and the unveiling of Team Rocket, the Galarian was already surprised Hideo hadn't already been locked in a basement.
[break][break]
For his own safety, of course.
[break][break]
''Yeah, sorry mate. Like I said, I was just doing what Doug asked. Just let me deal with... whatever the fuck this is.'' Out of all the ways discovery of his mother's fate had been imagined, this wasn't a scenario he had considered. ''Nah, the only thing them Kino's understand is lock and key. Confinement. Must be some kinda Hoenn tradition.''
[break][break]
Not that boarding school hadn't been a prison of its own.
[break][break]
''What?'' An obvious disbelief infected the simple query at her explanation. ''Why the hell would someone want to gank you over some dead bugs? That doesn't make any damn sense.'' Then again, he had no idea just what kinda bugs they were. Maybe they had some special property or... something. Archaeology was a strange field with strange findings.
[break][break]
''You know that codger's finally keeled over, yeah? He wasn't much for remembering messages anyway.'' She should have known that, or perhaps she really was some spy... At any rate, he couldn't have fled from Galar if he had been around to stop him. Then again, his demise only added to his theory that someone was picking off Blackadders.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 23:14:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It wasn't so much that something had gone down that Hideo feared his parents hearing about. More that he hadn't been with his brother when it happened. Or at all - they'd separated almost the moment they got to the festival, to do their own things.

Hearing Andy point out just how much trouble he was in even if they got back didn't help matters. Even if it was an emergency, he could see his parents arguing that he'd basically gotten himself kidnapped. That was an easy way to get them to clamp down on him even harder.

"I'll... it'll be easier if I'm the only one that talks to them," Hideo said. Were the situation not so precarious, he would've gladly accepted 's offer. But his parents just couldn't find out he'd gone out this far. "But thanks, Missus...Blackadder."

Felt weird saying that, but Andy didn't sound like he was denying her anymore.

Listening to Mrs. Blackadder's story was interesting - attacked over bug remains. And while Andy seemed confused over why someone would attack over those (and seemed pretty nonchalant about his grandfather's death), Hideo had an idea.

"Well, if they're bug remains... maybe they have something to do with Genesect?" It was the only mythical bug he could think of - and considering how much some people seemed interested in avatar powers, it wouldn't be too shocking if people attacked others over the hope they might get hold of an mythical Pokemon.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 23:12:20 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Genesect?'' A tone of disbelief painted the question. ''I thought those things were long dead? Unless it's some rich cunt who just wants the fossils for a private collection or some shit...'' A look was levied at his mother. Perhaps such a pursuit had been partly why she was down there. His mother did have a deep love for bug pokemon.
[break][break]
It was too bad such a fossil couldn't be resurrected into a neat ghost bug pokemon. As much as he loved his shedinja, it left a lot to be desired in... usefulness. Alas, as a ghost trainer, his range was rather limited when it came to duel typed pokemon. But such internalized gripes were far from unimportant at the moment.
[break][break]
''Look,'' he started after a sigh. ''Forget all that bug shit anyway. We can sort this mess out later. I need to get Hideo back to his brother before his ass is grass.'' Looking to the other boy be continued, ''do you want to just go back to the festival and wander around until you find him?'' The Galarian wasn't sure what the best approach would be.
[break][break]
''You could call him or something and just tell him to meet you somewhere. I can just get one of my pokemon to take you there.'' It wouldn't be the drifblim. Such a distance could really be covered by his phantom force only once. However there were others about that could teleport in some fashion. He had no idea what mom had brought with her...

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 0:06:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could only shrug. “Just a guess,” he said. “People go nuts over anything to do with mythical or legendary Pokemon. Even if they don’t get avatar stuff out of it, they still got a rare Pokemon to use. And I hear there’re ways to bring fossils back to life, so if they get a hold of a Genesect fossil, they’re set.” Even if it wasn’t a Genesect, if it were a new Pokemon, people would be all over that - and some people went far to get stuff like that, even if all they wanted to do was show it off on a mount or sell it.

Especially if they were a bug fanatic.

Hideo perked right up once Andy again mentioned bringing him back - this time to go and do it. “As much as I want to walk around a stampeded festival until I find him, I think it’s best I call him when I get there. Can’t call him now, since my phone doesn’t get service in the middle of Mt Pyre woods.” Technically his parents’ fault there for putting him on that kind of phone plan, though could he blame them for that? They’d never expect him to go here out of nowhere.

Sorry if I’m rushing you, Andy,” Hideo added, “Just...you know how it is for me.” He'd already spilled his guts about how careful he had to be to so much as leave the house; getting caught being teleported to Mt Pyre would pretty much be a death sentence.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 7:51:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
'The insects weren't the only thing unearthed, I was just called in for those." From Celia's bleary memory, it had been a full archeological dig. It was almost like some type of burial or ritual chamber, if her limited knowledge of that stuff had to be guessed. It was just odd that there had been so many human skeletons along with the remains of the bugs.

She allowed the two boys to talk over her while she got her bearings again. Another look around the clearing. So this is where had been all this time?

Another glance at . Surely a nice boy, who had very overbearing parents from the bit she had heard, but there were things she wanted to talk to Andy about in private.

"I agree that we should get your friend back home."
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 20:15:37 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Yeah, I know how it is.'' His mother might have been, or not been, many things but at least she wasn't like Hideo's folks. She even agreed that it was the best priority for now. Peering through the shrouded crowd of pokemon, Andy searched for one in particular. ''Ersatz! Where are you?'' After a few moments a claydol spun out of the darkness.
[break][break]
''Claydol!'' It hovered up to the trio after called. ''Alright, I need to you get Hideo here back to the festival grounds in Slateport. Or at least close enough.'' Long distance teleportation was something he wasn't too familiar with yet. The limits were still uncertain. None the less, the pokemon didn't seem discouraged.
[break][break]
''Claydol! Claydol.'' It spun in place once before moving nearer to the youngest present human. ''Oh, and Ersatz?'' The creature's head spun independent of his body to look at him. ''Keep an eye on him until his family picks him up, eh?'' A little motion was made with his arms. ''Claydol!''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,423 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 21:44:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Well, that probably sank his guess at a Genesect fossil being found. If there was more than that there, there could have been a ton of reasons why someone would steal what they uncovered: other fossils, ancient relics, the excavation gear. Whatever the case, it was unfortunate was caught in the crossfire.

But now, everyone could agree that it was time for Hideo to head back. Hideo reached up to his head, just to make sure his Ribombee was still with him. And sure enough, he felt the small pink bug sitting there, the Ribombee gently pushing his hand away as the boy disrupted its comfort. A quick check for his Hatterene’s Pokeball to make sure she was still there, and he was all good.

Though he was a little confused about Andy having a psychic-type, Hideo had other things to think about. Like how he was gonna get his brother to act like they never got separated. Maybe he could make a mutually-assured destruction thing; if either one fessed up, the other would get in trouble. His brother would no-doubt be pissed about it, but it may have to do.

Before he’d be teleported away, he just had one thing left to say. “Thanks, Andy.

-Thread Exit-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 3:15:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: