[attr="class","morhuman"]
[attr="class","morhuman-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman-title"]
I know all your secrets[break]I know all your lies

[attr="class","morhuman-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman-subtitle"]
I’VE GOT NEWS COMING, I’VE SEEN IT ALL FROM THE START. I KNOW WHERE YOU KEEP’EM, BURIED DEEP INSIDE. NO, YOU CAN’T HIDE YOUR SECRETS AND LIES.

[attr="class","morhuman-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman-icon"]

Ever since the meeting, Killian hadn't been able to clear his head. A seemingly endless array of questions kept the gears in his mind turning. Team Rocket had confronted him with the unknown. Legendary Pokemon, Shadow Pokemon - a machine that drained the energy of an immortal. They'd managed to keep it all from him.

[break][break]

That fact alone was enough to irritate and perturb.[break][break]

Odd then, that rather than being either, he was instead excited. It had been ages since he'd come face to face with something he didn't know. Killian had almost forgotten how it felt. It made doing anything other than look for answers challenging. He chose to start his search with . Darkrai had chosen her to be its champion. Killian had heard the term 'avatar' tossed around, but he wasn't sure what it meant. Hopefully, she'd be willing to enlighten him.[break][break]

Killian arranged a meeting with her in the submarine's lab. Though maybe he should have asked Lulu to met him somewhere easier to find. Killian had only been inside the base once before. And he hadn't taken the time to explorer then either. Eventually, he did manage to find his way to the North Wing Laboratories.[break][break]

Loveless on his shoulder, Killian knocked on the door to Lulu's private office. "Miss Flint, are you in there? It's Killian Decker - 's friend." it felt wrong to refer to Lex as his friend. They'd been more than that for years now.[break][break]

"I know I'm a little late, but do you still have time to talk?"

[attr="class","morhuman-bot-1"]

notes about this post

New template - let's goooo!
[attr="class","morhuman-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Swimming In Darkness [S|C]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 9:38:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The smell of coffee wafted through the office. A cup sat on her desk with the image of an atom—affectionately gifted by an assistant and not liked enough to take home. Fingers danced across the keyboard of a sleek laptop, rarely reaching for said cup. Her tired eyes looked impossibly focused on her research.

“Hm?” Reality snapped back by the knocking of her door. She blinked at it as Djall the Houndoom walked somewhat leisurely over, maneuvering a horn to open it for the man on the other side. Before she was revealed, her stare had fallen back to her screen.

“Hello, Mr. Decker.” Eyes lingered where they were as she finished up, silent and letting his question hang for a long moment before shutting the laptop and looking up at him.

“Suppose that depends. What would you like to talk about?” Her fingers laced together, gaze bloodshot. Still, she gestured with a nod to the seat across from her. Djall sat close to the desk, redder stare hanging on Killian as well.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 6:46:10 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

I’VE GOT NEWS COMING, I’VE SEEN IT ALL FROM THE START. I KNOW WHERE YOU KEEP’EM, BURIED DEEP INSIDE. NO, YOU CAN’T HIDE YOUR SECRETS AND LIES.

The office door opened, and Killian stepped inside. "Please, call me Killian." one look at her, and he could tell Lulu was exhausted. Was that normal for her, he wondered.[break][break]

"I want to talk about Darkrai and Avatars." stated Killian plainly. There was no reason to beat around the bush. "Specifically, I want to discuss helping you test both your powers and Darkrai's." he slid into the seat across from her. As he did, Loveless hoped from his shoulder and into his lap. She purred softly and locked eyes with Djall.[break][break]

"But before we get to that, are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in awhile." he asked, genuinely concerned.

notes about this post

sorry for the wait!

[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 3:11:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Killian it is, then.”

He opened up a predicted topic, but in such a bare bones way that it caused a squaring change in her posture. She had to respect boldness. More importantly, she very much appreciated someone who did not waste her time.

The man then took the rare gift of a good first impression and promptly shot it dead. Why was everyone always asking her how she feeling now? What was she, pregnant?

Lulu was impassive; a fortress of cold as resolved as the union of her two thumbs pressed together on the table. For a moment, she stared at him as though he were stupid for asking. “I’m fine.” Clearly, this was a lie, but the slightly touched look she had about her these days would be like a warning sign posted at the edge of a territory he probably didn’t want to explore.

The scientist shifted again, ever-restless except for the heavy stone of her clasped hands beside her coffee mug. Eventually, it gave, cracking open so that fingers could move her laptop away decisively. Her attention had been won.

“Elaborate.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 1:29:25 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

She was lying. No one looking that tired was fine. "Very well." he nodded, knowing better than to pry. "Forget I asked." and then there was silence. It was brief, but it lasted long enough for Killian to think he'd ruined his chances.

[break][break]

He tried his best to judge what she was thinking. Blue eyes scanned her features carefully. Seeing past her frigid and restless expression was difficult. Something he'd said must have clicked with her, though.

[break][break]

"It's like I said, I want to help you test out Darkrai's power - and yours, of course. I imagine the limits of what you both can do is something your curious to know." Killian shifted in his seat, petting Loveless as he talked.

[break][break]

"I won't lie - I'm not offering out of purely altruistic reasons. I'm hoping for more of a give-and-take kind of relationship. I want to learn more about Avatars and their connection with Legendary Pokemon."

[break][break]

He cleared his throat and looked up to meet Lulu's eye. "I get a first-hand experience of an Avatar's power, and you get a test subject." that was the gist of what he wanted, at least.

notes about this post

I suck at starting threads.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 6:54:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She gave a small nod and let the moment pass, indeed forgetting it as suggested.

Her fingers clasped again atop the desk. “Sure. Who isn’t curious about their limits?”

He wanted to help test Darkrai’s power. Perhaps he should talk to . They’d done plenty of tests, but someone willing to succumb to the legendary’s abilities? Someone in Rocket, who would surely cooperate better than anyone abducted or sacrificed from their cells for their cause. Someone eager to go into depth about their personal results...

She blinked at him. Altruism was always a lie, and would be seen through with cynicism that bordered on paranoid. Self-interest ran down to the molecule. Human nature didn't house pure intentions. What he was describing still didn't seem far off from altruism considering the risks. As far as she was concerned, he was concealing his motives.

Who was this man to their organization and why did he want to know more about these things? Why was he willing to undergo such torture? Surely not only for the experience itself.

“You realize what you’re asking for, right?” Her slender fingers finally unfurled and she leaned back into her chair, crossing her arms and quirking a brow at him. “Darkrai has the power to tap into your deepest fears, and inflict nightmares that may haunt you forever, prying at your very sanity. Are you absolutely sure that’s something you’re interested in risking?”

“... I encourage you to take a long minute to think about that.”

She reached into a drawer and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. “And if the answer is still yes, I’m going to need you to then tell me one more thing, and honestly this time: Why? Because if it’s really just for curiosity’s sake…” Both brows raised this time, as though to imply that, well, if that was the case, he was at least one sandwich short of a picnic.

A match struck. Puff. “You smoke?”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 1:18:00 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

He could feel her skepticism before she'd even said anything. Killian understood the risks he faced by offering himself up to Darkrai's whims. They'd been the first thing he considered when the idea came to him. None of it scared him. Whether that was because of arrogance, confidence, or maybe even a mixture of both - he wasn't sure.

[break][break]

"I've already thought things over." he said curtly, "The dangers are something I'm willing to accept." it's what made the arrangement perfect. Still, Lulu would need further convincing, but he'd expected as much. She wanted to know the why of it all. The only question was, how much of it was Killian willing to share?

[break][break]

Instinct told him to lie. Telling half-truths instead of being honest had gotten him far in life. But for this to go anywhere, he needed to be open.

[break][break]

"I want the power of an Avatar." the truth. Killian lifted his hand from Loveless's back and reached into his jacket. He grabbed his cigarettes and lit one up alongside Lulu. Smoke poured from his lips, "By helping you, I'm hoping I can find a way to make that happen." and there was more.

[break][break]

"But really, I hate not knowing something. I like to be well-informed. I take a lot of pride in it. Avatars, Shadow Pokemon, that machine you've got draining an immortal fairy. They're all things I didn't know about until recently. But now that I do, I'll be damned if I don't learn everything that I can."

[break][break]

Killian's desire for knowledge was his Achilles' heel. He did a lot of stupid things to know more than the next person. warned him about it often. It was a curse, but not one without its benefits.

notes about this post

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:31:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

There it was. Power. Behind every person who said they just wanted to know, were a secret and a plan.

“You’ll be damned if you do, Killian.” Especially since the more he knew, the closer Rocket’s eye would be on him not to leak anything. Not only would this man have terrible nightmares, but he’d have to watch his back in the daytime as well. However, most of Rocket were used to that. “But, far be it from me not to lead you to damnation if that's what you really want.”

Her cigarette came to her lips, and she took a moment to stare at him some more, scrutinizing. She, of course, knew the incessant urge for knowledge, even without much purpose. Unfortunately, her trust was so far gone that she was unable to locate this quality in others. Or, she tossed it aside. Fake. Lies.

“…” Smoke blew out of both of her nostrils. “What do you know about Darkrai?” Or, maybe: what did he think he knew?

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 4:38:28 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

"You say that like I wasn't already." he chuckled, "But thanks for the warning." it sounded as though he'd convinced her.

[break][break]

"It is what I want." Killian replied without hesitation.

[break][break]

Things around him were changing fast. He refused to be left behind. If that meant taking a few risks? So be it. It wasn't the first time he'd taken a gamble, and it wouldn't be the last.

[break][break]

Killian had anticipated her next question would come up at some point during their talk. He ashed his cigarette, "A fair amount." long nights of research had seen to that. "I've spent a lot of time recently refreshing my knowledge on legendaries." to varying degrees of success. "Darkrai can inflict terrifying nightmares. There are some accounts of him locking people inside their dreams. A lot of old myths associate him with the Lunar Pokemon, Cresselia."

[break][break]

He paused, gears in his head turning as something clicked in place for him. "Is Darkrai why you're not sleeping?" it would make sense. The Pokemon's mere presence was said to induce nightmares.

notes about this post

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 21:03:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her cigarette raised an inch in the air, a jabbing hot cherry of agreeance. They were all damned, weren’t they? At least that’s what the people said. Team Rocket. They’ll all burn. They’ll all get what’s coming.

Fairly common Darkrai legends and trivia. And Cresselia. It came up again, and she thought of Underboss , and his… what was it, again? Fennel or something? Unfortunately, she’d not gotten a response out of Darkrai when asking about his flower preferences.

She deadpanned. “I didn’t sleep before.” Flick. But her posture changed, neck rolling a little as she straightened back out of too-school-for-school. She imagined this was how a therapy session started. Gross. Leave me alone, Decker. But this wasn’t about her. He wasn’t asking her how she was doing; she had to internalize that and maneuver around the discomfort of invasiveness. But these things hadn’t been getting any easier.

“Pizza before bed can inflict terrifying nightmares.” She reminded him. That was a thing, right? “Darkrai knows your deepest fears.”

The scientist leaned closer at him—still behind her desk, at a professional distance, of course, but so he could see the god hiding in the very bags of her eyes. They went a couple shades lighter, the color fading from them a bit, unbeknownst to her. “Do you even know what you fear the most?” And, strangely, she found herself literally hanging on the edge of her seat for the answer, hungry.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:32:26 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Smoke snaked from his lips with a sigh. His intuition said she hadn't been wholly honest with him. The curious part of Killian's brain urged him to press for more. Something beyond a deadpan response and superstitious saying about pizza. He let the feeling pass.

[break][break]

My darkest fears. Was Lulu trying to scare him? No, that look in her eyes said something else. It was another warning. One he noted but disregarded like he had the rest. The question that accompanied it caused his brow to raise.

[break][break]

"Interesting question." a pause. Killian's once casual demeanor turned serious. He lifted his cigarette to his lips. His face read of a man deep in thought. Not over his answer, that he already knew. Whether or not to share it was his concern.

[break][break]

Sometimes, you have to take a risk to move forward, Killian.

[break][break]

He inhaled deeply, the last of his cigarette burning down to the bud. With one last exhale of smoke, Killian bore a piece of his soul. "I'm assuming this stays between us?" not that it mattered. Anyone with a fully functioning brain could piece together what he was about to say. "What I fear the most is losing ." Killian frowned.

[break][break]

"If she died, it would haunt me forever." and with Kaito hunting for her, she might. "Lex is the only person I care about in this world. If anything happened to her..." Killian paused, struggling to find the words. "Honestly, I don't know what I'd do." it wouldn't be something good, of that he was sure.

notes about this post

Does this make us friends?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 22:52:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Well. She hadn’t expected him to tell her outright what it was.

Typically, Lulu turned her nose up at weakness, or what she considered to be such. Feelings. The sound of someone else admitting theirs was like nails on a chalkboard. She didn’t want to feel. She didn’t want to sympathize. Fuck empathy. She would cut off her arm if it meant it would bleed out of her body.

But Lulu knew heartache. It gutted her daily. On mornings  when she woke alone, she often woke in tears. No one knew. The scientist was as hard-shelled as her laboratory.

Rinc had been murdered brutally by their gang in Galar, his face bashed in with iron when they’d assumed he’d been aiding her escape from the region while she’d been due for execution. They’d incorrectly assumed her to be a narc, following a very early release from prison. Indirectly, she had been the cause of Rinc's death by fleeing—and she’d never told him goodbye. Two years spent talking through a glass, hoping to one day touch him again, and it never happened.

It had been an effort to protect him, and it’d backfired in a way which had effectively broken her soul forever.

Something visibly weighed her down and back further into her seat. “I was asking if you knew yourself. So many people have no idea what they’re afraid of. Some people think they’re afraid of nothing, or that they fear one thing, and then… it’s something entirely different.” She thought of her own dreams. She thought of . “Darkrai has the ability to pull shit from parts of your mind you never knew existed. Deep, subconscious things that you may not understand at first even as they manifest right in front of you.” Her voice then turned inward. “I suppose that sort of thing could be enlightening over time. Knowing your fear is the first step to conquering it…”

She took a long, pensive drag from her cigarette. In addition to , she’d seen more of Rinc in her dreams. Only, his dark skin had gone pale and translucent, and his eyes had emptied—and he wanted her dead.

“Killian, the best way to protect your love in this world is to never tell anyone that it exists.” Especially not in the world of organized crime. This was why no one knew was her brother. In their world, people were used for ransom and revenge.

She swallowed and ashed her cigarette, averting her eyes a moment before clearing her throat and straightening once more.

“Shall we do this now? I believe there are forms somewhere I’d like to have you sign…” The cigarette was then allowed to hang from her lips as she occupied herself by rifling through a few drawers. The forms weren’t there. 

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 4:12:12 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Lulu had spent most of the conversation with an air of indifference about her. Now, watching her sink into her seat as if pushed down by gravity. Killian felt something about her shift. It was subtle and easy to miss for someone less perceptive. Even the way she spoke seemed slightly different. Like she was speaking at him but not to him.

[break][break]

He listened silently, internalizing every sentence that she spoke. Fear, the subconscious mind, nightmares buried so deep under the surface he had no idea they existed. She talked about them with a familiarity that only came from experience. Warned him of the things Darkrai would drag out from his soul.

[break][break]

Men cut from a cloth of lesser quality would have heeded the warnings and turned back. It might have been the rational thing to do. But Killian was resolute in his decision to wade into the darkness.

[break][break]

"I'm aware of that, Miss Flint. I run a network built on the exploitation of people's secrets and the things they love. I know what happens when the wrong people find out you've got a weakness to exploit." he glanced to Loveless. Memories of a time before played like a film behind his eyes. "Five years ago, I shared that exact stance on the matter. In some ways, I supposed I still do. But I've also come to realize something important. Loving Lex might make me vulnerable, but it also gives me strength."

[break][break]

His eyes shifted to Lulu, "Besides, you've met Lex. She's perfectly capable of taking care of herself." even if she didn't always make the right decisions.

[break][break]

An eyebrow arched at the mention of signing forms. "There's paperwork to sign for this kind of thing?" and didn't seem like she'd found it. "Is it that necessary? It's not like I'll be able to take you to court if this goes wrong." he'd probably be in a coma.

notes about this post

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 2:48:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Love as hard as you can, sure. Just be careful who you tell.” Lulu had never told anyone in Hoenn about Rinc—not even her brother . But, Lulu liked . This was a moment for giving valuable advice. “My lover was killed due to my negligence. Don’t make the mistake that I did.”

About the paperwork, she shook her head. “No, Rocket’s punishments are much scarier than court.”

She ashed her cigarette and pushed out of her chair, suddenly seeming entirely aware of the location of what she was looking for. The scientist returned with a single sheet of paper. They didn’t need much for human experimentation here. She sat back down and slid it over to him with a pen.

“This basically says that you won’t turn to higher-ups and claim that I tried to kill you.” She blinked at him. “And if you die, says that you asked for it.”

She paused, sniffing and blowing smoke. “I’m kidding... sort of, but read it over.” Lulu was dry and people rarely read her humor. She was no .

“Oh. Would you be willing to have a visit with following the experiment, if she finds it of interest? She’s been heading a study on avatarship, and I’m sure your results could be useful to her. Asking you now, in case you become mentally incapacitated.”

(Paper says that if he is mortally injured from experiments, he volunteered)

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 3:06:08 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

"I won't." Killian stated plainly. That was the whole point of this for him. Beyond just knowledge, what he wanted was the power to keep Lex safe. What he had now wasn't enough. That had become increasingly apparent to him these last two months. The past year, really.

[break][break]

"But again, thank you for the advice. I realize that might not have been easy to share."

[break][break]

The joke didn't land, but Killian laughed nonetheless. A small chuckle escaping him as he stared at the paper. It amounted to what Killian expected something like this to say. If he died or got hurt, it was his own fault and not Lulu's.

[break][break]

"Marie Jules?" he questioned, unfamiliar with the name. Killian wasn't surprised that he wasn't the only one looking into avatars. They were a fascinating subject. "I can do that. Two heads are better than one and all that." he signed the paper as he spoke. Sliding it back to Lulu once it had his signature.

[break][break]

"What now?"

notes about this post