2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
really? in front of my salad?
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 1:02:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When Chu-e first entered the region he met one , who he promised dinner to.

Then earlier in the year he met and lost in a battle to him.

Chu-e was not aware of any history between these two. He also owed both of them a meal. So after the two of them would find invitations in the mail from 'Ji-hoon Ki', to a fairly nice restaurant on Mossadeep. Honestly, he probably could have forgotten about it but what else did he have to do? Sit at his house all day? Actually do Rocket stuff today? No, he wanted a nice dinner and they were both pretty to look at.

So, he arrived first, sitting down. This place wasn't some upscale place where you had to have reservations but it was popular. Hipster boujee type of place.

It was on Chu-e's tab anyway. Who would turn down free food?
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 16:06:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle would have thought of some sort of excuse to skip a dinner with an acquaintance. the venue was ways off his house and he'd rather be playing video games at home.

unfortunately, he's not close enough of a friend yet to subject ji-hoon to his bullshit excuses.

he enters the establishment after getting lost for a good minute or two. mossdeep wasn't a place he frequents after all, but at least gps maps were a thing now to make it easier to find places.

"so, what's the invitation for?" kyle asks as he spots him from the entrance. "just lonely for the night?" the way kyle delivers it is plain dense, saying it alongside a smile for a greeting as well.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 0:35:18 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

A sudden invitation from someone he hadn't seen in a long time. How did this invitation even reach him? Most likely because Balder's presence at the league was now public, it was easier to track him down and forward a letter indicating a time and place to be for diner. Having nothing planned, the man decided to show up.[break][break]

However, he was a few minutes late. As soon as he entered the restaurant, still wearing his bodyguard outfit, the man looked around to see the inviter, Ji-Hoon Ki. The Alolan was about to raise his hand and wave, until he noticed who was with him. "Oh fuck..." This wasn't going to be an easy night in the end.[break][break]

Kyle Lopez, The Dog Champion of Hoenn, had joined the fray. This night... Might be a danger for everyone. Maybe an alarm should be raised in the city? Evacuate all civilians? Nonetheless, the man retained his façade and proceeded to take a seat at the table. "Sorry for the delay folks, my job held me for a bit."

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 12:25:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When arrives first, Chu-e raises his hand to flag him down. He's already gotten himself a drink- a tall sparkling glass of something fizzy and fruity- and with the drink against his lips. Looks like he wasn't going to get stood up, after all! He had been kind of worried about that, honestly.

"Kind of!" The last meeting had been pretty awkward but Chu-e feels more relaxed this time. He doesn't seem to take offense to the question as some might despite the joking wording. "I had some meal vouchers paid for for a date... but he kept finding excuses not to come. Didn't want them to expire so... " He raises a brow and motions to Kyle with his glass.

"Here we are and- Hey! Hi! Been a long time since I saw you, too!" Oblivious of any tension that might be in the air, Chu-e picked up his menu. How funny, that the way the table was arranged, Kyle and would be right across from one another. Where they could look at each other.

"This is on me, so get whatever you want! Just don't get whatever the hell this drink is, it tastes like ass." Is said absently as he reads, the drink tipped back so he can finish it off.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 15:41:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle keeps his composure at balder's entrance. resentment was mostly gone since it's been a long while and he had understood that maybe it wasn't balder's fault that kyle shouldn't be relying on others to accomplish things he wants to do.

"better late than never," kyle comments on a friendlier note about balder being late. "surprise you went for it though."

he's not sure of balder's reasons to be dahlia's bodyguard, but he's not going to pry further outside of his one comment.

taking a read from the menu, he orders the finest taurus steak imported all the way from alola's paniola town. as he looks for something else to go with it, he asks no one in particular while his attention's on the menu.

"how did you two meet each other? both of you fought each other, or...?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 4:40:42 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Kyle's reaction to his arrival.... was more then surprising. Did the man still not dislike him? If the animosity was gone, then this diner was bound to go in a better direction. Hell, no drama would happen in front of a salad. The man, as he seated, removed his coat and relaxed his tie, unbuttoning the top two buttons of his shirt.[break][break]

"Let's just say Dahlia offered something I couldn't say no to..." As he said these words, however, he remembered something he had agreed with in exchange for his service towards the League. His gaze rested on Kyle, more serious then usual. "Which reminds me, we will need to talk about it, and something else, after that diner."[break][break]

Follow that, the Alolan turned his gaze to the one that invited them. "You sure about that? I don't know about Kyle, but I eat and drink a lot." Even though he was asking the question as a prevention, the man was already waving at the barman to prepare a set of 3 rhum shooters.[break][break]

The champion's question soon followed, asking how they had met. "Oh that's simple actually. Not long after I returned to the region, I saw our man here helping on a farm, and I proceeded to assist him and the farmer on the duty. And gave a few hints in the process. But what about you Kyle? How'd you meet him?"

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 12:22:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Was there not going to be a hot, buff men fight in front of him? Damn. Chu-e was denied of what he hadn't even known he wanted.

But, he did flick his eyes between both and . Talk after dinner? A huge secret? Were they... together? What a scandal waiting to happen! Chu-e would make sure to eat up everything he could (not including the food).

"I could write a check right now and buy this whole building and everything inside it." Was his answer to Balder's question. He said it kind of like it left a bad taste in his mouth- which it did. But, he had to use that money his husband who mysteriously died left him in some ways before his own imminent demise.

But, they were trading stories! He wanted to hurry and move past the whole 'money' thing.

"I met Kyle at the park! We battled and he absolutely kicked my ass. It was fun!" Also the most awkward experience of his life. Why had he invited these people out again? Connections or drama or something?

"What about you two? How do you know each other?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 18:45:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ooh, dahlia stuff. that's kinda shady," kyle teases. "guess it's top secret stuff if we can't discuss it now."

as ji-hoon answered for them, he supposed he's the one answering for both him and balder this time. "fought him for gym challenges, and, you know, league stuff."

he keeps it short and sweet, or rather, kyle most likely is conditioned not to talk much since he can't be bothered to. anything more besides the basics was just him talking too much in his opinion.

if balder wants to add more, it's up to him. in the mean time, kyle hopes that both of them will carry the conversation since he's running out of icebreakers.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 18:35:10 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

He could buy the whole restaurant right now? Well then.. "Waiter, please bring us your finest alcohol. Oh, and give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Not the best diet, but it does fuel a man when needed. Following Kyle's indication of being a top secret information, Balder nodded. A simple nod should be enough to have him understand it's something serious.[break][break]

Following the explanations that both gave, Balder took a sip of his newly arrived alcohol glass. "Well, to be more precise, Kyle had challenged the Gym I was working for a long time ago. He defeated me then proceeded to the gym leader. Once I opened my own gym, he became the first challenger and I gave him a hard time. We met multiple times for missions and to handle the crisis of the regions."[break][break]

The Megalopolan War, the New Year Festival, the Summer festival events, the Surfing contest... it's true that Balder and Kyle had met often, but they hadn't seen each other outside of these situational events. Well, with after what happened in the New Year, it was hard to actually have a reason to meet without causing issue.[break][break]

"That does remind me though. How does it feel to be the Champion, Kyle? Not too bored by the lack of challenges?" The fact that Elite Fours already had no challenges was widely known, but a champion had even less. No one had fought the champion during the existence of the system in this region, all champions had been replaced by temporary ones and died before they could even be challenged.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 7:20:17 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e hummed lightly as he listened. His own order was placed, just a simple fish dish with some veggies. He nursed a much better tasting glass of wine as explained.

"Shame about the lack of challengers. Do you have to do a lot of paperwork?" A casual comment and question for . "Before I retired, it seemed like that's all I did." That cover had to be kept up, after all. Truthfully, sometimes it felt like all he did now was paperwork. Who knew being an Underboss was clerical?

"Hey, since you're a good battler, maybe you could battle him sometimes? Make sure that Mister Kyle doesn't get all rusty?"
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 7:45:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: