he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 7:03:45 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

At the think mist Razz unconsciously holds his breath, he isn't a fan of it but he understands that this is the other just showing his power. He waves the air in front of him a bit as the mist thickens enough for his patron to show up. A small part of him wonders if he could summon Reshiram from the flames he creates. He does try to study the calmness the other has as he summons it and dismisses it all. Was it his stress then?[break][break]

"The skill ceiling?" he can't help but question not too familiar with the term

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 4:42:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Tapu Fini is summoned but remains idle. It has no weight in the matter os it simply observes, staring far out, lost at sea.

Consider the skill ceiling as your maximum potential. It’s the endgame of what you could do.” His hand relaxes and the MISTY TERRAIN starts to fade. It evaporates until there’s nothing left but sparkles on the tile floor. That too will disappear with time.

Bad habits are hard to break. Once they become muscle memory they will be what stops you from reaching max potential. Think of them like ticks, things you can’t control.

He even adds an analogy to make it easier to understand.

In Unova, there’s a sport called basketball. Players shoot a ball into a hoop. Some players, run forward and shoot into the basket. A bad habit some have is that they stop right before they shoot, losing momentum and altering the force of their throw. Bad habits like those made them worse players.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 5:11:40 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz watched as the mist fades and once more the other's Legend is there. The teen feels like he is able to breath easier now as he tries to think over Fernado's words. Part of him worries as he doesn't want to become out dated so early of getting this power. He's not fan of it but... he stops his thinking there as he is slowly more and more realizing his blockage. "I'm guessing normal mental blocks would be a problem then too?" he ask though he feels he knows the answer. [break][break]

"And you think training under you I can avoid the habits from completely forming?" he questions as he is still staring at the flames that still haven't gone away. He tries copying what the other avatar has done by closing his shaking fist. Like before nothing happens, this was his problem it seemed. It was hard to get things up, but usually when he finally got it started it kept up. Though stopping it after starting was its own problem too.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 5:39:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Almost anything can be a block,” Fernando clarifies. “How you navigate and work around them is what will determine how far you progress.

As for following questions, Fernando nods. How they handle subjective statements, he’s unaware, but their color and strength do not waver. He believes his next statement to the fullest.

I can’t promise anything. But, you will not find a better teacher than me.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 6:31:09 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Sounds frustrating," he grumbles some as he leans back and rubs his only visible eye in annoyance as he considers everything. Once again he's just going to mentally curse Reshiram for giving him this. Whether or not the dragon could hear him cursing them he doesn't know but he doesn't care at the moment. "Can you hear Tapu Fini? Do you get along?" [break][break]

As he ask this he gives the flames one last shot to try and dismiss them. Almost as if he were to squash a fly Razz tries clapping his hands together on the flame in front of him to put it out. His hands claps the flame, he hates it because he is forcing himself to touch the fire but of course it doesn't burn. Nothing he makes ever burns but often he still finds it hard to get over. When he does it the other two flames around Fernando also disburse. Finally. [break][break]

"I would like some of your training then, if you don't mind" he knows the CEO is a busy man after all, "But I'll be sure to practice on my own as well"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 6:44:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando averts his gaze in a transition from Razz to their subject matter: Tapu Fini. His stare meets the Pokemon but no words are said. It seems to stare right past him. “Tapu Fini is different and can be quite difficult for most people. I think that’s what makes us a good fit.

He stomachs a laugh before drawing its MISTY SURGE into his hand.

But hearing it is different than having me describe it. Would you like to try? To communicate with Tapu Fini?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 7:51:16 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"People find you difficult?" He supposes he could understand why, the man was CEO of a company and for a long time was a member of the council. Though for him the man had been seemingly straightforward enough. Who knows though, he's more confused as to why that makes him a good fit for one of Hoenn's Guardians. [break][break]

He tenses a bit in nervousness when asked if he wanted to communicate with them, "Admittedly curiosity wants me to say yes, but I wouldn't even know what to ask."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 10:23:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You don’t have to.

In the palm of his hand the MISTY TERRAIN starts to swirl in a constant spiral. “Communicating with Tapu Fini goes beyond what most would expect. Forget what you know about Pokemon. This goes beyond that.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:10:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz decides to shake his head, maybe someday he'll ask and see just how different they are. How knows maybe then he'll even have a better relationship with Reshiram by then and actually have something to compare her too. "Another time perhaps? I think I should probably question a bit more on what I'm signing up for though"[break][break]

He looks toward Fern as he knows Razz brought them off topic so maybe he should bring that back. As he feels some clarification was needed, "So am I just doing the same ranger work as before? Just under the Silph name instead?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:24:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Then another time.

The spiral of his avatar power dies with Razz’s refusal. It dissipates into nothingness, leaving temporary glitter between his fingers and skin.

For the most part. I don’t know enough about the inner workings of the Rangers to compare but it should mostly be the same except you’ll find us much more organized.” On that front, Silph Co. is unmatched no matter what field. “You’ll have a dispatcher who will update you with which contract we’ve undertaken along with their suggestion on which ones to tackle based off your own objectives and availability.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 23:51:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Well from experience Slateport's and Sootopolis' dispatchers have been easy to work with so I hope it'll be as easy, though you're really going to be giving me this pay raise for just ranger work? Do you contract other rangers?" he questions as he references the check he was given for just signing up. [break][break]

"Is there anything else in this job that'll be required? as I figured the training will be on both our spare time"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 6:18:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Just ranger work? The work is your own but take pride in it, Kingsman. What is easy to some means the world to others.” His words carry weight in diction but his tone is lighthearted, pestering him as an older role model’s viewpoint. It’s the image of the older brother he should’ve been for the others but none of them prove as valuable as Kingsman. For that, Fernando would fake the world.

If I tried to hire a ranger of higher infamy would have a heart attack. I may not be officially working with the League but I still want them to succeed.

It’s a good things his flames have long gone out. While Fernando isn’t necessarily lying, neither is he telling the truth. It lies somewhere in the middle, in constant conflict.

Your avatar training can be considered ‘on the clock’, as my schedule permits. Consider it a circumstantial work perk.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 7:26:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz gives the other a questioning look at first. Not fully grasping as to what was wrong with what he said. He takes a moment to try to think about the other's words, allowing their weight to carry as it seems to click on what he meant. "Right... sorry uhhh, I'll make sure to remember that for the future," he nods grateful to the other. He might never feel like what he does is any good, but he's being hired for his work and he doesn't want to make the other feel like he was a mistake. [break][break]

He tilts his head in some thought at the image of having a heart attack. Part of him wonders if signing up with Fernando is some kind of betrayal to the other. He'll try to put that in the back of his head for now, "Aren't you still a Gym Leader though? Also the whole Aqua Initiative thing?"[break][break]

"Right thank you for that," Razz nods learning that their training would be part of the job, "I don't think I have any other questions about the job"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 7:34:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]A good question and one that brings a smile to his face. “Indeed. However, with how rarely anyone acknowledges me for either, it’s easy to forget.” He laughs even. That alone shows a sharpness that makes up for the corrections Razz has yet to undergo. Sometimes simple thinking is the more rewarding.

The moment I resigned from council you would be surprised how many people considered me no longer affiliated with the League. Some of them thought of it as a betrayal. I suppose some of their thinking has rubbed off on me.

And, here, he stands corrected.

Thank you for your time Kingsman. I’ll have the papers drafted up and sent to you. Do read them in full. If you have any questions feel free to let me or anyone else know.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 8:55:16 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"That seems odd... especially with how much you seem to do for Hoenn as well and are still going as Gym Leader," he comments not really understanding how so many could see him stepping down from council as a sign of betrayal. The guy had a company and a Gym to run and now the Aqua Initiative made him a protector of Hoenn. Though he supposes peoples stress of everything make them think different things. [break][break]

With everything seemingly done now that he mentioned future paperwork Razz stands up and gives a bow of thanks to the other. "No thank you for the opportunity, I'll do my best to not disappoint you Mr. Silph" [break][break]

With that he leaves, Salem jumping onto his trainer's shoulder before they head out.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social