he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:56:05 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

'Its just another job thing,' Razz tries to think to himself as he walks up to the secretary telling them who he was and how Fernando has called him here. This should be like any other time, yet with the heat he felt in his hands it definitely didn't feel like a normal meeting. Its been what a week or more since Reshiram has given him his blessing and already one of the beacons of being and avatar calls to him. Honestly if he were in a better state of mind he'd called this a coincidence and be done with it. [break][break]

However the young ranger was very far from being in a better state of mind. [break][break]

"Just a job thing," Razz repeats to himself and Salem in front of him as the cat seems to repeat his words in his own little meows to give his trainer some comfort. He isn't waiting long before he's called in the receptionist making sure to give Fernando a warning before Razz knocks on the CEO's door before he walks in. "You wanted to see me sir?" Razz questions as he walks up to the desk as usual Salem hanging off his shoulder, though already he's looking bored as the Meowstic can feel in his bones this will be a boring meeting.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 8:07:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Kingsman, always the formal and punctual.

Fernando is in an exceptional mood. It makes his smile seem genuine—mostly because it is. He extends a hand in a wave, motioning for the man to take a seat. There’s even an assortment of small snacks at the edge of desks. Today, he’s well prepared.

You pay attention to the news, Kingsman?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 8:20:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"My father used to tell me that professionalism and punctuality are the foundations of success, I suppose it stuck?" the young man shrugs it off knowing it was all more habit than anything else. Eventually there were going to be decent habits his father shoved in his head. He bows his head in thanks as he takes a seat, Salem's eyes brighten at the snacks at the desk to which he helps himself to. Boring meets always were improved with food. [break][break]

"When I can, though I feel even if I wasn't big on news the whole AQUA Initiative is hard to miss with how much media seems to love the Avatars, unless you're talking about another matter?" he knows several things though whether or not this was what the other wanted to talk about he wasn't sure. His paranoia still thinking the CEO already found out of his recent blessing.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 8:33:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Well, good to see you’re up to date with current events. But no, I meant the recent acquisition of Devon Corp. and my following resignation from the League to avoid any conflicts of interest.

He takes a seat opposite from Razz, opening one of his drawers to pull out a checkbook.

I still have a partnership with the League but we’ll be heading separate ways due to the fear my economic ties.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:04:32 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"With how fast things seem to change in Hoenn I feel it would be irresponsible not to try and keep up to date," he comments simply as he allows the other to inform him of the news he was speaking of. He had been curious of the other's departure though he always figured it would be because the company. One of those too much for one's plate thing. [break][break]

"That seems fair, do you mind me asking what conflicts of interest that has you separating from them? And if you are separating then why call me in?" he tilt's his head seeming a tad more confused now, "Rangers are a league organization after all" and if Fernando planned on departing then to Razz the other has no reason to contact the ranger.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:27:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“The League’s reputation is far from ideal. Having someone who owns the largest company, as well as a majority of the region’s capital, writing the laws regulating taxes and budgets is grounds for rumors. None of them true, naturally, but it’s something that’s best avoided for the organization’s continued success.

Watching him string together all the pieces proves surprisingly entertaining. It only reinforces his notion that Razz is the correct pick. The bar is low but considering it’s the League, he’ll take what he can get.

I understand that and I believe the Rangers don’t realize the value you provide. I want to offer you a job, something permanent. It’ll be the same responsibilities but with a pay that appreciates your talents.

He pushes the snacks closer to him. Hopefully, it’s a reminder to their earlier excursion between their Zeraora.

Imagine my surprise when someone who is capable enough to be trusted with a Zeraora but unable to feed it with the proper diet it deserves.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:59:42 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz gives a simple nod of understanding, he knows the league will always struggle with it's look. Not just because their own failings were often put under a magnifying glass but because there was always those behind the scenes doing their best to pull strings. Often bringing those that didn't deserve it down with said strings, and at least so far Fernando was not one of those people. [break][break]

Though the compliment puts him at an unease as often he doesn't feel he deserves it as he rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. "The pay thing was mostly from me being a rookie with them, I mean you wouldn't pay your low-grade Pokemart part timers much right?" Razz was quick to defend them, "Besides I was more an add on for that and got lucky for the Zeraora." he adds on to his pile of insecurities. [break][break]

He waves his hand at the snacks but gives a nod of thanks, though Salem happily helps himself as he gets himself a slice of meat on a cracker to munch on. "I've been promoted since then though so I doubt affording a better snack will be an issue, and I like being a Ranger sorta feels right in a sense," though that's yet to be seen as he hasn't had his promotion long enough to see the extra. However it wasn't an outright no just yet, "What would you even gain having a ranger under the Silph name anyways?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 11:03:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I pay them enough to feed their Pokemon what they need.

Fernando’s retort lacks any bite. He sounds more understanding than anything else. It’s a slow ride to persuade him onto his point of view but one that’s needed for the turn.

You worked hard and it paid off. I enlisted a lot of help for the Pokethalon and you proved yourself among the rest of them.

The news about the promotion ails his concerns but he’s already set his eyes on Razz. Escaping will be near impossible. He can’t allow another to escape his grasp. This time, he’ll have him, no matter the cost.

Not much, to be honest. Silph Co. also enlists jobs from the League and we could use an experienced ranger to fulfill these request. Not much would change, just your employer, and paycheck. However, personally, I cannot bear to let such talent squander.

His hand rests on his desk, palm faced up, open.

Things within the League will soon devolve into a political mess. I’ve tried to navigate it to the best of my ability but bureaucracy is not a beast one person can handle alone.

And then the final point.

Also, there’s no better place for someone with such rare Pokemon. We have resources that can help you raise your Pokemon in an ideal environment.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 12:02:04 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Well there went that defense, maybe it was just Razz was bad with money. Its not like it was something he had to worry about when he was younger then to suddenly have every responsibility trusted on you as a teenager with no warning. Though maybe it was just his own head still making excuses. As if sensing his trainer's stress rising Salem grabs a couple of more samples before he moves from the desk to sit on his trainer's lap, off handedly Razz begins to pet him and the purring starts. Its small but its enough to get the Ranger to stop over thinking it all. [break][break]

"A mess? Wasn't the whole AQUA Initiative part of trying to show off a united leadership of sorts?" he questions though its possible he has read the whole thing the wrong way. He knows that things aren't always what they seem, but its not like he's high enough in the ladder to know what goes on behind closed doors. [break][break]

He doesn't say much on the compliments as he still doesn't feel he deserves them but he listens and does what he can to process the information fully. He does what he can to be analytical about it, though in the end he feels that personal resolutions may be getting in the way. "There is a reason I choose to be with the rangers in the first place, and I don't mean to offend but by the sounds of it you'll just become a middle man for what I do now rather than the direct orders from the rangers," Razz looks from the back of Salem's head and toward Fernando now with some concern, "And that you're mostly interested in my rare pokemon than me." [break][break]

Though reading people's intentions behind their words wasn't always a strong point of his so he could be wrong.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 13:56:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Perception is reality; the meeting was less than stellar but I do hope for the best going forward. Unfortunately, no one trusts anybody else for whatever reason.

It seems that some points are impossible to concede. It makes this all the more harder but nothing good comes cheap. So he persists.

Why did you join the rangers, Kingsman?

He lets the question sit for an answer before following up.

Less of a middle man and more of a direct boss, minus the usual micromanagement,” he corrects. “Our processes are a bit more streamlined and we can offer you a bit more protection than the rangers can.

However, his last point causes him to chuckle. “If that were true then this would be an offer to buy them instead. Feel free to get rid of them, the offer still stands. Because, behind them lies the common denominator, you.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 21:18:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm guessing there is a bunch of people with powers like yours right? Seems like it would be a bit off putting to put of bunch of super powered humans in one room," Razz offers a different outlook, though its just a different perspective. Its not like he knows much of these people outside that a lot of them were in high places from Gym Leaders to Head Ranger. [break][break]

At the question he seems almost caught off guard. Outside getting the question at his job interview he hasn't been asked it before. As he ponders a decent answer he considers the rest of what he says. "Apologies for misunderstanding then," he is quick for that, "As for why I joined them its because I was a shit kid," he answers honestly looking down with some regret, "Was raised to think of pokemon as nothing but objects and I treated them as such outside a small handful, caught them for crap things and I regret it now. So that's why I'm with them feels like working in a job that helps that helps relieve that if that makes any sense." [break][break]

After his explanation Razz looks up again seeing if the other would judge him for it. Maybe even second guess his wanting to hire him, not that he would blame the CEO. "Though you mention protection? What do you mean by that?" as far as he was aware Rangers weren't under fire.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 22:23:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh, it’s not the people with powers that’s an issue.” A chuckle forms but dies within the pit of his throat. It’s a slow sign of resignation but one that seeps from the frustration that comes from having to deal with less than competent people. “It’s the ones that can’t read that make things difficult. There’s a surprising amount of them, ha ha… But I digress—

He withdraws at Razz’s reasons. Maintains eye contact until the ranger is well and done. Fernando even pauses, as if in contemplative thought, before coming up with one of his own. When he does, there’s a pleased smile on his face, reinforced by the way his hands sit in his lap.

And that’s why I want you, Kingsman. A talented trainer with no need for glory or riches. Someone who pursues the right cause for the right reasons, everything else that comes with it will come in due time.

He leans back into his chair, relaxed.

We’re a lot alike. When things went south in Kanto I had two choices. I could flee to a region without conflict and live out my life without worry. Or, I could give up that freedom, give up a life of comfort, to do the right thing, to aid Hoenn in the troubles that were to come. Naturally, we both know what I picked, but I did so because I felt I owed it myself. Regret from not being able to do more in Kanto, if you will.

It’s a bit of history that Fernando doesn’t often divulge but he places it on the table as a show of good faith. With an exposed piece of him out in the open, he has no choice but to straighten his back, proper posture for a proper closing.

Despite our success here, I don’t believe in following profit. Do good work, be successful at what you do, and the money will come naturally. It’s a bit simplistic but it’s never failed me yet. People like you are few and far between, and they deserved to be taken care of.

Time for the finishing touches.

We’ve streamlined the process here quite well. The resources we have at Silph Co. will allow you to have a bigger impact even though your responsibilities will remain the same. Jobs are sorted by region, efficiency, and impact. It’s the difference between leaving you to delivery an assortment of random packages and having a team plan your delivery path beforehand to make sure you cover the most amount of ground in the least amount of time.

And now for the cincher.

And, as expansive as our resources are, that goes into protections that other places lack. Besides the obvious, such as health insurance and 401Ks we also offer assistance with financial advice, help with public relationships, an education fund, and making sure our employees can operate at their own behest. From what I surmise about you, for whatever reason, you like to humble yourself and keep a low profile.

He clicks his tongue.

People with your skill level are rare within the League. With time, your efforts will be appreciated, no matter how oblivious upper management is. When that happens you’ll be waved around as an idol, someone to aspire to be. was recently promoted in recognition for his efforts and I have no doubt you’ll be in the pipeline eventually.

You can always refuse, I know, but that doesn’t mean your name won’t spread. wanted a stay hidden despite his efforts but when it was time to oust Team Rocket, he did the right thing. He was instrumental to defeating , jeopardizing his way of life to help save the region. Now, he’s our Champion.

So where does that put Silph Co.?

We can also put you on such a pedestal, if you desire. However, we can also do the opposite. If you wish for your achievements to be downplayed that can be managed too. It’s one thing if a random Ranger shows promise, there’s no excuse behind it aside from their natural talent. But here? Everyone will simply overlook you. ‘Of course he managed to to that, he’s working for Silph Co.’ You’ll remain nothing more than a peon in the eyes of the public, something you seem quite adamant on being.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 0:21:51 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"That's concerning....?" Weren't a lot of the people of power? Razz wants to question however when even he can hear the frustration behind something it might be best to leave it alone. Though he is sure the whole 'can't read' thing is a joke. He hopes. [break][break]

Razz just watches and listens to Fernando has he talks a bit about himself. There is a twitch in his hands as he bites the inside of his lip when the talk of Kanto is brought up. Once more that guilt is brought up and already Razz sees the big difference between himself and Fernando. Razz choose to run and do nothing, kept himself hidden and gained himself a 'hermit' as part of his nickname on the island up until recently. Yet here he was complimenting him for doing more even though his help was only much more recent. [break][break]

Razz just gives a thoughtful hum as he thinks about how Fernando plans on running things in addition to the benefits he wants to offer. The mentions of resources does seem to catch some interest though. Makes him wonder about another matter he'll have to talk to the man after this negotiation was over. Admittedly a larger hook than it should've been was the whole lack of recognition. It scared him really, how does it is a big question for him especially with their past. For Razz though he doesn't want to be drawn back on, and get more attention that would call attention to his documents. Would staying with the rangers and still doing what he can to help bring more attention? As it was he has had to bring out his Buzzwole on a few occasions then there was Reshiram's final words. [break][break]

'And you will need me'
[break]

Razz was more than willing to help, be it just pokemon or even against Team Rocket. Though will his good be overlooked if that frame made people look into his past? "I... um...." okay maybe his resolve was crumbling some. "I guess I wouldn't mind trying it if you'll allow that?" he ask as he tries to think how to phrase things better. "A 2 month trial of sorts? If that is alright with you, I'm curious to see just how different the work would be if that makes sense?" since if it interfered too much then maybe being part of Silph Co wasn't for him. [break][break]

"If you're alright with that there are a few things I would like to talk to you about as well"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 0:39:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Naturally. Nothing wrong with that.

Getting him to dip his hands in the water is just the first step. As long as Fernando can sink his fangs into him, pulling him under the water’s edge should be no issue. He just needs to make the water seem warm enough to play in.

Fernando fills out the checkbook for earlier, filling it out before pushing it forward. “Consider this a sign-on bonus. When you sign on, it’ll be valid to cash in. Until then, keep it safe.” The numbers mean nothing to him but the amount listed is just short of three months of ranger’s salary.

Ah. What did you have in mind Kingsman?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Burning Contracts
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 1:30:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz can't help but raise a brow at how simple the agreement to that. Though he supposes Fernando was trying hard to get him to say yes anyways. Hopefully everything would be the same, thought he supposes he'll have to come here for reports rather than back home. He'll have to think about that later. [break][break]

At the check he nods in thanks and takes it, only looking at the number after picking it up and shocked at the number. Well guess he has the final bit for the house he was looking at. Though onto more important matters, Razz removes that and checks his phone for the picture. In his head he tries to think about how to go about the information he now has.

[break][break]

"Have you seen this logo before?" he decides to start simple for now before going into details. Razz made sure to redraw it rather that keeping the one of the burnt corps for showing others. "If you have you might need to be careful."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social