Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 10:31:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Yeah.

She took a deep sigh, and felt her heart increase in speed. Things were different. If she had been evasive before, now, she was damn near uncatchable. She felt safe enough.

“I was in the Mafia.” Her heart felt like it was kicking her. The vision of his attempt to arrest her, real or not, played in a lit window in her mind. However, as much as her body hummed with anxiety, it was suppressed by the softness of a cloud. “Now, I’m not.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 10:47:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The revelation is met with an anti-climatic, “oh”. No matter who ends up bringing up their past, Fernando cares little. It’s the present and future that carry his concern.

Is that what brings you to Hoenn?

His hold is released, used to trickle fingers further in, passing her ankles in a constant crawl.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:02:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

His lack of surprise only raised suspicion, but she didn’t move from him. Rather, she found that she didn’t care. Why should she? “Yes.”

The frown never left, although the sensations of his touch  rippling lightly against her skin were enough to keep an otherwise entranced expression from sinking further. “I went to prison. As the others I went with were released, they started turning up dead. Figured I’d be next, so I fled Galar and came here.”

It felt like a weight off her shoulders. The side of her foot grazed his forearm just to close a gap, however insignificant. It felt daring, despite the gentleness.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:13:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.

The same motion that had worked on her feet look to undermine the muscles on the underside of her calve. “For what it’s worth, I’m glad you’re alive.

His other hand reaches for the faucet behind him. A quick turn stops the water from getting to the point it spills over.

That you came here.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:23:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

This time, she wrinkled her nose at him a little, not sure how to take his casual response. It was certainly preferable to any alternative, though, and she wasn't going to question it in the moment.

“Thanks. Glad you're alive, too.”

She took a deep breath and held it, sinking deeper into the water. Only her eyes sat on the surface, staring up at him from under black hair which splayed out in every direction. As the water stilled, she could hear every subtle movement he made; a light woosh through some alternate dimension.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:30:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Parroting him only elicits a small chuckle. “Of course,” he agrees with a humble nod.

Silence takes hold as she sink behind the water’s curtains. The lower she goes the more the water rises, volume shifting. He pays it no mind, diverting his attention back to the tablet.

Come here,” he whispers absentmindedly. He even scoots the tray closer to her, vacating enough space for her to realign herself on his side of the tub. As if expecting her to comply, he removes his hand, legs spread to provide her an ample seat.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 11:45:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The volume of his whisper never reached her ears. However, she could read his lips. The tray sliding towards her, and the opening of his body confirmed.

She moved for him, and felt a shadow in her heart, pulling her back. The MISTY TERRAIN, however, was like a guillotine. Inevitably, her back was against his chest, neck nestled comfortably against the crook of his shoulder. 

'...'

Now facing his work, it was difficult not to mention. “What are you doing?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 12:05:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“My thesis.

The tablet is using a basic, universal spreadsheet application that anyone can download from an online playstore. But the graph and formulas documented prove more complex than what anyone can construe natively. They’ve been imported from several different applications, all carefully crafted by various employees within Silph Co.

During my tenure as councilman, I did the financials for the League along with their budgets. When you look at fiat alone, there’s more than enough in open circulation that, on paper, everyone has enough to live a suitable life.

He swipes his finger from one side to the other, quickly shifting through various pages, showing a trend as the graphics turn become more unstable between dotted intervals.

However, in practice, that is not the case. People make irrational decisions for one reason or another. Often times, to their own detriment.

Which comes to his conclusion and the basis of his research.

Poverty is a human problem. No matter what systems you have in place, whether its to prevent or encourage it, it will always exist because of the human factor.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 12:27:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

As rich as he was, she hadn’t imagined him to be concerned enough about poor people to be scrolling through such a spreadsheet, especially not in the bathtub with a naked woman up against him.

Some people never stopped working nor surprising.

“Sure. But humanity hasn’t changed, and looks like that has.” Water dripped from a finger which emerged by itself to point lazily at the tablet.

“War’s expensive.” She commented. There was, of course, a lot more going on, but this was what she was familiar with. She’d made a lot of money off of war, particularly the one in Kanto.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 12:35:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“For someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing, sure.

He says so with confidence because he’s entrenched himself so thoroughly into his project that he can cover all of the basic questions. The subject of Team Rocket and the Three Day War come up often as detracting points, which he’s long resolved.

But war brings about advancements. The need to adapt and overcome push us forward. Historically, war is when technology advances the most.

He taps a worksheet labeled 2020 Q4. Without a legend, it’s hard to decipher the many colors and points, but one thing is clear, the plotted lines all swing upward. Exponentially so.

Mega Evolution, a revolutionary discovery, is exclusive to Hoenn.

The implication should be obvious but Fernando avoids saying it outright.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:03:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu was too familiar with the concept, having seen war-driven projects to fruition time and time again. It had built her foundation.

“Alright.” Whatever was meant to be obvious about Mega Evolution was not, unless he was just trying to say that Hoenn was better than everyone else. “And what of it?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:20:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He shuffles underneath her. Silence, an absence of her answer, festers while he leans forward to kiss the crook of her neck. Fernando uses this to buy time in thinking of an apt metaphor, relishing the mental break.

When one comes to mind, he inches closer to her ear. His volume respects their proximity.

If Galar discovered a harvestable item that allowed Pokemon to fuse, or come back to life, or some other fantastical phenomenon we could only dream of, how much do you think other regions would pay for it? For the research to understand something everyone thought was all but impossible?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:35:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It wasn’t something she’d pointed out because sharing such critical resources with another region hinged on a stronger alliance—which meant Rocket ended up much weaker by comparison, more like cornered dogs. She’d hoped that wasn’t the direction he’d been going in.

Hopefully, no one wanted to fuck with Hoenn.

“So, say Hoenn’s equally exclusive Avatar phenomenon starts to make another region uneasy, and you’ve already sold them our greatest advantage. They attack, and they have more resources. What then?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:42:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No region is stronger than Hoenn.

Fernando states that as fact because he knows so. If anyone were to understand the overall strength of the region, able to quantify it into a measurable number, it is him.

But, hypothetically, a region decides to take the worse course of action.

His other arm wraps around her waist, holding her snug.

The League calls me and I handle it. As per all things.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:51:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It sounded like he'd just said they were poor, but she didn't point this out.

His kiss, moments prior, only then registered with the arm which wrapped around her like a python. “That hardly explains how, but I suppose I should trust you, hm?”