awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 7:44:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The door unlocks at the behest of his command. It’s more than simple voice command but from an observer’s standpoint, the door is nothing more than another smart home. Coincidentally, it’s also a different place than where he had taken her during her ‘excursion’.

I’m going to start the bath.” Fernando slips out of his shoes, rearranging them at the doorway, making sure to point them toward the door as per Kantonian custom. “Feel free to make yourself at home.

His pathing is curt. A brief stop in the kitchen to open the fridge, plucking two water bottles, and setting one on the counter while keeping the other in his hand. With no other detours, he calls for the television to turn on. The evening news plays, as per tradition, breaking out into a commercial to introduce Sootopolis’ newest Gym Leader, .

Or join me.

He lacks his usual mischievous tone, more challenging than anything else, as he undoes the button to his shirt in the bathroom walkway. The sound of running water breaks the silence, deafening the sound of ruffling clothes being discarded.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 8:31:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She followed him up, sliding off boots and matching his custom. The place wasn’t familiar, but that was no surprise. Fernando likely had many places.

Lulu glanced at the news as a pink-haired gym leader flashed on the screen. There had been several new ones rising up recently. Rocket had managed to secure another spot on the circuit, even. Her vision lingered on the woman before the image flashed away, along with thoughts of taking the challenge again. Fingers wrapped around the left-behind bottle and began to unscrew the lid with a crackle, rounding the corner to catch him going from business to birthday.

She took a sip, lingering in the doorway and watching, unabashed in her stare. “Think I’ve got more to wash off than you.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 11:02:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I take long baths,” he counters, unabashed in nudity. Despite the occasion, Fernando tosses his clothes haphazardly to the side. He shows no care for his things because they’re unimportant, replaceable. Instead, his attention turns to the rising water levels.

MISTY TERRAIN replaces any need for a bath bomb. Eventually, the steam will cause it to condensate into a murky fog. But now, it scents the room with the scent of faint lavender, a tale as classic as time itself.

Or are you just here to gawk?

Fernando slides a caddy tray into place, whistling for his tablet to come. A crackle of electricity resonates from the bedroom before his Rotom veers into the room, floating above both of them as it smirks at him.

Thank you,” he acknowledges, causing the Pokemon to leave the device, returning it to nothing more than a battery operated appliance. The Rotom returns to his room while Fernando sets his bath for a long evening ahead.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 11:24:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

There was a snort of air and a toothy smirk. “Alright, then.”

Another sip and she placed the water aside on a countertop. When the illusion the hosiery had provided was removed, ink was revealed running from her feet into streaking makeup—a bit of a mess which had been hidden skillfully. 

“Thought it’d just be… classier, I guess, I don’t know.” She explained. The dress followed, as did the rest. The coat had already been thrown onto a piece of furniture in the entrance room.

The sight of the hovering tablet coming in from behind caused her shoulders to jump. Rotom were the bane of Lulu’s existence. She was grateful when it left the room.

The scent of MISTY TERRAIN was intoxicating, and she breathed deep, docile in a net of fae fuckery. “Smells lovely.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 12:42:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“At this point, I can’t even smell it anymore.” He says this but wrinkles his nose when she inhales his scent. He runs his fingers through the water, testing the temperature, and withdraws. Warm, borderline hot, but well within an acceptable range. He likes the way it burns.

I never did get to go through all of them.” His gaze sits on her feet. It’s where the tattoos start to peek out from the gracious makeup used to wipe away the stigma of her past.

I’ve always played around with the idea of covering these up.” The reference should be obvious. Fernando’s body, for what it is, loses value with the marred marks of his childhood. The cracks and splits trace along his waist and now he has a new onset that sit further up his bicep.

But he says that only to create small talk. He has no intention of avoiding the lessons of his past. He embraces them fully.

They burn with a special type of zest when he slips into the tub. Nestled underneath the tray, he smiles, waiting. There’s plenty of room for two and then some.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 20:20:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It took his words to realize what she was doing. Watching his expression change aroused suspicion, but it was blotted out by vague, weightless sensations like cotton in her brain and warm milk on her skin. Even as the MIST originated from him, its power hadn’t registered. It might as well have been a bath bomb. He was akin to a Venus flytrap.

Toes began to curl self-consciously under his gaze, and her smile faltered. That was a strange realization: that he hadn’t yet asked her about them. Digging through memories felt like peering through windows with lights on she could see through; see their evenings spent from the potholed streets of her consciousness, and yet upon opening a door, it was always black. The power was out.

For some reason, this was not a conversation they’d yet had.

Not everyone asked about tattoos, and she had not been with many people to have had to flesh out a story. A shrug and explanation that they didn’t mean anything had sufficed in the past. However, she found herself oddly comfortable with him. Additionally, her past had been, for the most part, taken care of. If he didn’t know who she was, she was in no danger of being arrested. She was no longer on lists. If he did know who she was, which she did suspect, then it didn’t matter. Her one claim to fame above the surface was a high-profile trial. Nothing would be a secret. People had speculated enough that they’d hit every nail on the head—charges just hadn’t stuck. Money fixes everything. There had also been a sore lack of evidence, as Lulu was very good at what she did.

At least, when she wasn’t under his spell. She slid into the bath with him, skin brushing his. Instead of focus on a racing heart, she felt calm.

The water felt nice. She also liked burn. After a moment’s consideration and a contented sigh, she answered him. “You said earlier tonight: ‘I’d rather be me.’” Nape of her neck rounded leisurely against the edge of the tub, and she looked over at him. “Internalize that, then. That’s sexy.” She wouldn’t be cliché and compliment him on scars and how they were humanizing and showed a life lived. She didn't carry around bandaids for peoples egos. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 3:28:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Unfortunately, I don’t have that privilege.” Fernando cranes his neck as the water seeps into his skin. Being surrounded by warmth, in any form, brings one of the few comforts he finds in life. It melts the cold guard he upholds in public.

Sometimes we have to give up a part of ourselves for the world around us.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 3:44:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Hm.” She could relate.

Her gaze didn’t waver from him, only narrowing a little as she tried to read anything in his face. “And what of yourself have you given up, I wonder?” Legs stretched out, the veil had  already begun to wash away from a past she couldn’t scrub off. “Or do you even remember anymore?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 4:32:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Feelings mostly.

His attention turns to his tablet. One of his hands remains dry and that’s the one he uses to open up a spreadsheet app. The other remains submerged, wrapping around one of her feet, running his thumb against the ball of her foot in a mild massage.

Anger. Sadness. Resentment. They’re valid but sometimes you realize that the life you’re living turns out better despite these feelings.

His brainwashing is subliminal. Coaxed as he unknots the labors of her steps.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 4:57:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Feelings. Not a topic Lulu had ever been good at. Her foot bobbed in the water against his touch, and for a moment, the sensation of it and the scent of lavender dominated her mind.

She shifted, and the edge of her other foot ran against his leg, more idle, comfortable than suggestive. The tablet was ignored. “You can’t just… give up whole emotions.” Of course, she wasn’t sure about that, but felt like she understood this truth from experience. “You’re bottling them up, love.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 5:30:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Not giving them up. Being cognizant of them and what they mean. More often than not, it means ignoring them until I can process the situation at large.

He works his way to her heel.

It doesn’t mean they’re not valid. But, acting on them, no matter how much you want to, is more destructive than productive.

He looks up at her.

I suppose that’s what being an adult is all about. Building character.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 7:11:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

While Lulu didn’t talk much about her feelings, she didn’t express her emotions well. Impulsivity had always been a flaw, and it tended to get her into trouble.

“You’re right.” She gave, not expressing the impact his words had made. The sound of his movement in the water seemed to amplify in her ears, and she let silence fill the gaps.

Finally, she breathed. “So, what happened? Your scar.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 9:36:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Which one?

Her intent is obvious. His question rhetorical.

Team Rocket. Back in Kanto, they dismantled us. Steal, kill, torture, rape.

He doesn’t bat an eye. It feels go long ago that he’s already numb. It helps that he’s lying, to an extent. The scars left behind by Rocket are felt by the people who came to Hoenn to find refuge. Fernando is one of them, but his scars are his own.

Whatever it took, I suppose. A small price to pay to escape with my life. My parents weren’t so lucky.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 9:58:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Peacefulness waned some in a frown. Although Old Rocket’s ethics differed immensely from New Rocket’s, it meant little. Rocket was Rocket. Her eyes skimmed the top of the water, unable to look at him.

This was uncharted territory: being this close to someone who had been affected by her criminal underworld. She kept to the inside of it, typically, except to skirt edges for the occasional thrill. This wasn’t that.

She felt like she could feel his pain, whether it was truly there or not. “I’m sorry to hear that.” What else was there to say?

With a deeper breath, her eyes eventually glanced back up at his. She withdrew from the topic. “That feels really nice.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 10:18:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Shit happens.

He won’t let her escape. Not that easy. Her wish to transition moves the conversation along but it still revolves around figments of their past.

How about you? It’s rare for someone to be so covered.