4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 7:37:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

A nerve twitched in her brow, but she stayed lax against pillows, watching his stress rouse him from whatever it was they’d previously had.

“It’s okay.” she whispered.

Lies. How do they taste?

A hand went up to smooth down a scarred arm.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 7:49:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“For some.

Whatever distant memories resurface from his NIGHTMARES still have an effect on him. They draw out a mood reminiscent of last night. Of betrayal to the one person he would ever betroth his namesake.

Problems exist to be solved. I am the solution.

He leans in.

Because no one else gives a damn.

And he makes her taste her lies. Feel them from his heart. An interruption to breakfast is a meal meant for two.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 8:29:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She rose with him, finally, fingers still lingering, at impossible ease. Impossibly rested. At her best, despite how his words struck her.

“If you believe that, then you don’t listen to the world whose problems you hope to solve.” She snaked around him again, benevolent this time. “You have to believe that others care about their lives as much as you do.”

Lips lingered on a shoulder. “Can I ask you a question without you being all dodgy and weird?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 11:41:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I listen to the world. It's people I disregard. They are not the same.

It’s both rhetorical and serious at the same time. An accusation is pointed at her from the reverse position, ready to bear into her the moment she dares to contest. For all the philosophical bullshit she’ll willing to unwind about him, he has a dozen example to back himself up.

She plagues him with questions she expects him to not have answers for. He’s live through enough of enough of them to prove contrary.

You say that like I normally am.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 18:07:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The end of adrenaline was calm, and, despite anxieties, the emotion of their romp had died down for her. She was buzzing on the energy he’d supplied. Anger had drawn out memories of Rinc, and memories of Fernando which she could not discern as real or figments of her imagination. However, these, too, had been smoothed over and set aside to pick apart later.

For now, his thoughts were on the table—a puzzle, and she moved around the pieces curiously.

Arms stayed wrapped around him, despite his tone, breathing in MISTY TERRAIN. It turned her into a different person. Someone who gave a damn. That’s what he wanted, right?

“What happened to make you put so much pressure on yourself?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 18:36:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]He shrugs. No matter how much his shoulders sink the burden never lessens. It doesn’t even weigh down on him anymore. Complacency normalizes unrealistic expectations.

Team Rocket’s rise to power?

Being helpless when my parents, colleagues, and country had their flesh plucked from their bones.

Watching history repeat itself? Knowing that, warning others, and helpless as Hoenn faces the greatest massacre it’s ever known?

Watching others disregard the fact that there are Pokemon that can evaporate entire cities while squabbling over trivial matters?

Realizing that no one else could mobilize a region to fend off an alien threat on more than one warfront?

Or knowing that I have a power most will never be able to dream of? No one else has the opportunity to do what I do.

Fernando leaves her, basking in his nakedness as he stretches out the scars of his youth. He looks back at her before eyeing the bathroom.

So I do what I must. What only I can.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 19:09:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It wasn’t dodgy. It was a lot. Some of it, she’d heard before. It hadn’t been an entirely unique question to their interactions, but one which she’d hoped to pull more from this time. He spilled, but he still wouldn't give her sort of answer she'd hoped for.

He had been galvanized by all of these things, but not everyone was capable of being shocked into action. Most people rolled over in the face of such opposition. What had happened to him, way before he had lost his parents, and his colleagues, and his country? How had they built him into the man who would avenge them?

Who had been the one to fuck him up first?

Despite his nakedness, he continued to leave scars unseen. However, his final words entranced her in introspection. She didn’t pry further, effectively derailed.

Lulu hadn’t thought of avatarship in such a way. Still, she believed this was where technology would come in—as always, to save the day. This notion was kept to herself, as she crossed legs on the bed and idly held her toes.

What must I do? Save the world, too?

“I see.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 20:06:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Satisfied?

It goes without saying that the whole discussion has soured his mood. It’s not that topic that gets him. He’s dealt with it enough to become numb, to take out the human factor behind it. It’s the audacity to intrude on his personal hours, on ‘their’ time.

Fernando fades into the doorway. A running sink halts the silence.

His voice still carries through.

Why do you ask?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:10:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

As he drew away, so did his influence. Stone returned to both of them—what she’d wanted. Not ‘I love you’s’. He had drawn these things out himself. Her concern for him was as manufactured as her affection.

“Sure.”

She waited on the bed, for a turn, and for a time to leave. I love you. Did she mean it? Could she? Was she even capable?

No.

But it didn’t matter. She lied, like him. He made her that way.

“Because I care.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:16:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“And?

Fernando does not turn off the sink when he brushes his teeth. The sound of his strokes are silent in comparison but the way he works his handle puts Lulu to shame. No matter what medium, no matter what task; Fernando’s stroke game is immaculate.

Two minute is what dentist recommend. He indulges for an extra minute, using the time to scrap his tongue and work the roof of his mouth. Dental health is traced to cardiovascular, supposedly, and no one cares about Fernando more than Fernando himself.

A click of his tongue comes with a gargle of mouthwash. He spits out the soapy froth of toothpaste but doesn’t rinse. That too, is recommended against, he’s read somewhere before. Something about the fluoride needing to bind to his teeth.

Now you know. What does that do? How does that change you?

He asks because he hopes she provides him a better answer than those before her. Thought and prayers are for those with weak mental. Actions, not words, is what inspires change. That’s how he shows he cares.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:38:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It would be difficult for one not to be the best at stroking when it was what they specialized in, all day every day.

Lulu sat, still, pensive.

When he reappeared, she shrugged. “I don't know. I don't think it does. I was just trying to be helpful.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:41:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Running water comes to an end. Fernando debates transitioning into a shower but holds off with a guest present. Instead, he folds last night’s clothes and looks for a new set for today.

What did you mean by dodgy and weird?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 22:12:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Was he being self-conscious again?

His motion to look for new clothes spurred her to retrieve her own from the bathroom. She disappeared into it as he left, and voices bounced off walls without eyes to read expressions. Away from him, she dressed back into his date from the night prior.

Not emerging yet, she spoke at glass, assessing her own transformation while finally leveling with him. “I mean you have a knack for doing things like answering a question with a question... or when you do actually answer, it's like you do it in the way you want people to be asking you. That make sense? You make people believe they’re asking you something else, so you never actually have to give people what they want, but you also never have to tell them to piss off.” she paused, wiping a thumb hard across her cheek. “I think that’s why you’re so good at what you do. How you stay popular, at the top.”

She turned to stand in the doorway. Overnight, she’d become corrupt. Tattoos exposed, dragon wrapped around her leg, mascara smudged. The trace of a tear had been warped and obscured, and drug across skin to the side, and with it, what remained of foundation—exposing the human flaws of her face. Scars. The beginnings of age. Pain which already wrinkled deeply.

“You hide. It’s smart.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 22:29:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No.

Fernando’s pointed to disagree with a stubbornness that eclipses the roundness of his bare ass. “But you’re not the first person to tell me that so I suppose it’s true.

He looks at her, worn in the misgivings of last night. It doesn’t do her form justice. It taints it.

You can borrow some clothes, if you want.” He offers her full rundown of his place. His attire is mostly business casual but thrifty hands will find a spare t-shirt and shorts. “Did you want to shower?

He doesn’t dare ask her the important question. She should know by now that it’s up to her to bring it up. Otherwise, it’s an expectation.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 22:47:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu pressed her lips flat for a moment at him, corners pressing up from neutral. Yeah. It didn’t surprise her that he’d been told before.

“It’s alright. I can shower at home. Brought my Gardevoir; I’ll just teleport.”