awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 14:16:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No. Don’t trust me.

He taps on the previous worksheet he was on prior to her questioning. There, he stares at the numbers, looking for an error that doesn’t exist. He’s reviewed it several times over the past few months, sure that the data is clean, but still unable to shake the feeling that something’s off.

Trust my track record. Team Rocket, Megalopolans, Legendary Pokemon, whatever else pops up, it’ll tackle it all the same.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 14:37:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She fell silent again, processing. This plan was a worrisome development. To top it off, her confession still lingered in her belly under the face of her dragon.

Strange when the person giving comfort was also the most uncomfortable. Still, she pressed into him further—a warm body, in that moment, where there was nothing to do but exist and let time determine Rocket’s fate. The greatness of her influence as an avatar on any outcome had not yet fully settled in. 

She watched him look at numbers she didn’t bother to try to make sense of. Instead, she strayed from the topic again.

Her back slid up his abdomen so that the nape of her neck could slope against his shoulder, giving her reach of the spot behind his ear. Her lips found it, grazing lightly. “Fernando, what’s my name?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 15:12:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“This again?

They both know the answer to her question. Why she bothers asking? He’s not sure. But there’s definitely a reason. With this being the second time she requested as such this evening, he has no reason to comply.

Why do you want to hear your name so bad?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 21:40:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

This moment was different than last time. Instead of behind him with a gun at his back, she was in the most vulnerable position she could have been. Her body didn’t tense. There was no aggression, nor flightiness. Instead, the bridge of her nose nuzzled into soft skin at the curve of his jaw, showing deeper affection than she'd yet shown him.

“Sometimes I just want to be me, too.” The low volume of her whisper scarcely hid the pain.

If it was off the mark, so be it. She’d recover somehow, or chalk it all up to nerve-induced nonsense.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 5:30:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“And what does that entail? What does it mean to be you? And, what will it cost you?

His hesitance is not born out of fear but necessity. He has an inkling of the meaning behind her words. But he cannot let her embrace a path outside of the carefully woven trail he’s etched out. So he buys his time, leaving her the lessons of his youth, a countermeasure to cement her place here, with him.

As the water seeps into their skin, logged within the ridges of their wrinkles, so does his grip on her loosen. When the temperature cools into something less than scalding, Fernando finds his time expired.

You’ll have plenty of time to hear your name tonight,” his implication is seated on a throne of presumptions. A challenge remains, one that’s seldom met.

If you can make me.

This time there’s no tequila to weaken his will.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 5:58:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

That was it. That was the answer she’d needed.

Her bangs splayed against the start of the back of his hairline, still essentially nuzzling a warm body, although the illusion of his soul was starting to worm its way into a chasmic cellar in her heart.

No. Not him. The MIST.

She was at a loss for what to say. It was one of those sorts of moments: a ‘How did I even get here?’

The arch of a foot created an underwater wave and she shifted—the only evidence of nerves arisen. And then, he shifted more, and his grip uncoiled.

Conscious of her shrinking despite his influence, she straightened beside him and then went to bring a leg around his torso, placing herself above him and keeping him there if only to say a few words. She looked him in the eyes in a way he often avoided—forceful. “You’re more fun than I’ve had in a long time, and it scares me quite a bit.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 6:50:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Pruney fingers mean their time is up. But she hold him back. Stops him from leaving with the only way he understands: forcefully.

Fernando folds underneath her weight and pressure. He doesn’t fight back, instead lingering. “Why?” He pushes against her, unable to struggle from beneath her, but his neck cranes forward.

What are you scared of?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 6:58:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She thought for a moment, eyes not leaving him. Eventually, they dropped somewhere into an abyss.

“Losing you.”

Her body released him, and she stood to get out and reach for a towel, then dried herself.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 7:30:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Touching.

He expects a kiss but is met with the off-putting nature of reality. There is weight to those words that he will never understand. The gravity of the air is more suffocating than the MISTY TERRAIN the clears up as steam condenses. It blots out the mirror with droplets of pink water.

What makes you think you’ll lose me?

He gets out soon after. For a place that doesn’t get much use, it’s most certainly stocked.

What makes you think I’ll let you go?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 7:49:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She was unsure how to take such a short response. Her eyes lingered on the floor, somewhat dejectedly. Blotting the last drops, the towel was then wrapped around her torso.

Her verbal leap into deep water was met with shock, and she paddled back, away from the risk-ridden depth of his questions. A shrug visibly checked her shift in mood, accompanied by an out-of-place smile. “Shit happens.”

Everyone does.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 8:27:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“That’s not you losing me. That’s me being taken away.

Whatever emotions she’s sorting through, it works in his favor. It means that this means something to her. That he’s in her head, buried within her heart. That, or it’s an elaborate act stolen straight from his playbook.

Either way you should enjoy what you have. Worrying about it doesn’t do you any good.

Fernando considers both while drying himself. He doesn’t bother with the clothes from earlier. Instead, he goes on the attack.

I’m dying.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 9:05:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes narrowed, forehead wrinkling at cliché advice, and then at the unexpected bomb of his news. What do you even say to that?

She blinked. In that moment, it would be perfectly clear just how detached Lulu was. He'd not pulled her close enough in the right moment. He'd asked too many questions when he should have just shut up. He'd said the worst thing he could have.

Her face was stone cold, devoid of the pain which had been chased off by a forced smile. Devoid of anything, really.

“Oh.”

Well. Fuck. That figures, doesn’t it?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 17:17:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]No anguish. No surprise. Just silence. It’s that mirror image of himself that makes her all the more appealing. It also makes him think that she’s more alike in other ways as well. Suspicion drips at a trouble background and steel tight defense.

Impenetrable walls are created to ward off attacks. Those who maintain them often face tragedy well before defenses are ever erected. From it, comes the consolidation of ego and soul. Those sharpened by a lack of care tend to do well with secrets.

It’s how he lies to her without remorse.

Ten years, give or take.

Perfect alignment with the meteor.

The human body can contain the powers of Legendary Pokemon but they’re not built to last. I’m eroding.

Far from clean, but dry enough to avoid tracking in water, Fernando approaches her. He cuts the distance between their stare with his body. Serrated edges hang above a smug smile.

I like that about you.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 17:58:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Every ounce of fun was sucked out. This new information felt more like a vacuum than anything illuminating.

She was fairly sure her lifestyle would kill her well before his ten years had passed, if not for the same reason (surely sleeping for a few hours every few days wasn't good for the body either), and regardless, being someone’s occasional fuck, no matter how much he liked her, did not bode well for a long relationship of any kind—nor did her objectives.

It was that bit about Avatarship which really piqued her interest. She thought of more than herself. For some reason, she expected him to live longer than her.

Fernando be met with mostly silence, still. There was no smile on her face. It was the MISTY TERRAIN alone which kept her rooted there before him, and from dressing to leave. Hatred for the world and everything in it swirled, deep beneath the surface like a submarine.

He broke the distance and she stared up at him. “What?” That she was an Avatar?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
STAR-CROSSED
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 18:22:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You handle it well.

The briefest glimmer of a smile peeks out. One well admonished with a sadness that dares console her with ‘I understand’. He can’t and he doesn’t but the fact that neither of them sort to much in the face of bad news is telling enough.

Or at least you try to.