part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 0:45:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
284 for
Spinda, as it turns out, have very squishy faces.

In the rush of chaos following the events on route 113, Locke had been largely forgotten about. The League officials that had descended on the site were now in a tizzy organizing damage control. There seemed to be a million things to do and no time to do them, and so he was mostly left to his own devices after his admission to Fallarbor’s small hospital.

While Dr. Morales’ first aid at the scene had spared Locke any long-lasting injury, or worse, he’d yet to be fully cleared from the hospital. Staying in one place didn’t really suit him though. Unable to leave and having no real involvement in League business, he found his own work in a quiet room in the local Pokémon Center.

Several baby Spinda, orphaned by Yvetal’s devastating attack, had been gathered together to eventually be picked up by a proper rehabilitation center. “Eventually” was taking its time getting here though, another delay in a long list of delays. Much of the Center’s staff were busy treating the Pokémon that had survived, and so the young orphans were largely left in the hands of a rotating cast of volunteers.

So here they are. Gently poking and prodding an adorable spotted face because there was nothing better for them to do. The Spinda hardly seems to mind, rubbing up against Locke’s hand whenever they pull away.

However, both of their attentions are soon pulled away by a small knock at the door. They frown at the watch set to Hoenn’s time zone. Their shift had pretty much just started and lunch for these guys wasn’t for another half hour. “Er, come in?”

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 1:42:05 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A certain few thoughts seemed to plague her mind over the last few days since they ended their excursion. Rocket, the mysterious tree, the sheer devastation. It was a bit overwhelming. Of course, she constantly thought about and . Two young, innocent bystanders that fell victim to unnecessary violence. Although, she was questioning Eris’ innocence. Even if the child was part of Rocket, it was by no fault of her own. She had a young, malleable mind. If she allied with them, it was no doubt from corrupt thoughts placed in there.

Standing in the hall of the hospital, Eva sighed, shaking the thought from her head as she made her way towards ’s room. From what she could tell, it seemed they had been doing well! Not being family, the doctors wouldn’t disclose any other information despite her involvement in his initial triage. Eva was anxious to see how he as doing, bot physically and mentally. A trauma like that would be hard to shake.

“Hiya, Locke!” she smiled brightly as she entered the room. Emerald eye turned from the boy towards the Spinda, “Oh wow! What’re ya up to?” she asked as the door quietly shut behind her and she moved closer to Locke. Her eyes drifted from the Spinda and towards his side.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 22:34:15 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
138 for
“Dr. Morales?” Locke didn’t mean for it to come out as a question, but she was just about the last person they’d expected to come through the door. They were certain the professor would’ve been the busiest person in Fallarbor, given the situation. And even if she wasn’t, they wouldn’t ever have imagined her taking the time to see them.

Locke’s gaze flicked over to the plastic play pen on the other side of the bed, closer to the window. The other two Spinda were practically stepping on each other to get a glimpse of the visitor. “Um, babysitting?” He picked up the one in his lap and presented it to . It was a little smaller than the others, so he’d been giving it some extra attention.

"Is there something I can do for you, or...?"

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 15:05:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva was surprised to see ’s surprise. Did they really think she wouldn’t visit him? “Call me Eva, please,” se dismissed the formalities with a wave of her free hand while the other gently shut the door behind her to not startle the young pokemon. A few steps brought her closer to the playpen where the leaned over to get a better look at the Spinda.

“What a bunch of cuties!” she cooed, reaching out to scratch one of the curious babies between the ears, “Babysitting all these Spinda by yourself?” Eva questioned, turning towards Locke and the Spinda they held in their lap, “That seems like a lot of work! Would you like some company?” Eva was planning on staying for a few minutes anyway to make sure Locke was doing ok.

“Oh, I’m just here to visit! Say hi and what not,” she smiled, as she knelt onto the floor beside the playpen, “How are you feeling? Are your wounds healing nicely?” Eva wasn’t privy to knowledge of his current doctors. She wasn’t family and wasn’t his doctor so patient confidentiality kept her in the dark.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 17:32:55 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
286 for
Locke and the runt watched Eva move across the room with matching nonplussed expressions. He shifted out from under the sheet to swing his legs over the side of bed and face the older woman properly.

“They’re not so bad,” Locke said as they carefully leaned down to return the littlest Spinda to the pen. The larger two stumbled over to meet it, immediately trying to coax it into joining in their wrestling. “But I don’t mind, if you’re not too busy…” They couldn’t remember the last time anyone had visited them in the hospital, or anywhere else really. Certainly not since arriving in Hoenn.

He considered brushing off the question of his health like he normally would, but seeing as Eva was a doctor herself, it was probably pointless to try. Fingers idly brushed against his side. He could feel the rough gauze covering the wound through his shirt, and when he pressed lightly where the stitches were there was a sharp pain followed by a dull throbbing. It felt more like a bruise than a stab wound, but maybe it was the painkillers sparing him the worst of it. Beyond that he only had a few cuts and bruises from when he fell over and all of the debris flying around.

“Okay, I guess,” they answered honestly, “The doctor said to be careful bending over and the painkillers make me a little sleepy, but it’s healing the way it’s supposed to. What about you? Was anyone else hurt?” Eva was the first person from the incident they’d seen since being treated, and no one had taken the time to update them on everything that had happened. Or, really, explain what had happened at all.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 17:25:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva couldn’t help but get a quick snapshot of the cute Spinda as they started to wrestle. Her Rotom phone wound up in her hand in a split second and the doctor was leaning over the playpen snapping dozens of pictures at some pretty cute angles, “I don’t think these guys will have a hard time finding forever homes at all,” she mused lightly before putting her phone back into her pocket.

Her hand casually waved again, dismissing the thought buy, “I’m never too busy to visit a friend!” she reassured Locke, “Do you mind?” she motioned towards the edge of the end of his bed, asking if she could take a seat. Once she got the ok, she perched herself there, slightly turned towards Locke, “Well, hopefully you won’t need the big gun pain killers too much longer. If it’s healing well the pain should start to subside soon,” Well, at least that’s what she told people. It was always very person-dependent, “I’m doing fine! Keepin’ busy with lots of follow up things,” she couldn’t go into details, “Hm, @chloe was fine when she left the scene, I haven’t seen her since though,”’ There was visible concern in her eyes when she thought of , “There was another girl, a young child. She was hurt pretty bad. That . . . man took her with him though,” Her lips pulled into a tight frown at the thought of , “I hope they were able to give her the medical attention she needed,” The child had lost a lot of blood. It was very concerning, and the stain of a child’s blood on her hands was hard to wash off.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 22:03:30 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
167 for
Locke mouthed @chloe’s name as Eva gave it to him, trying to match it to one of the faces he’d seen before. Given the context, she could only be talking about the ranger girl around his age. It was her Steelix, he vaguely recalled, that had unwillingly put him here, though he bore no ill will towards his attacker. “Hope she’s okay,” he mumbled mostly to himself.

’s condition was news to them. They'd only seen the girl in flashes throughout the battle, but Locke remembered one of their last acts being a vain attempt to protect her. Their stomach churned at thought of such a young child ending up bed-bound like themselves.

“Sorry,” he said after brief pause, fiddling with a stray thread on his sleeve, “I still don’t really get what was going on, but I’m pretty sure I just got in the way.” Maybe if Eva and Chloe hadn’t been forced to tend to him, they would’ve been free to pursue the other group.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 16:00:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva could see the look of concern on Locke’s face when they thought about the excursion. It seemed to be a theme. Eva herself was still trying to figure it all out too, “It’s alright, Locke,” she smiled gently, “I’m still trying to piece it all together too, it was very chaotic,”Eva let a small chuckle try and lighten the mood a bit, “And you certainly were not in the way,” she said firmly, “Sticking around to help even after seeing those beasts was very brave and much appreciated,” Eva reached forward to pat him gently on the shoulder, hoping he could sense the sincerity in her voice.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 18:04:15 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
103 for
Eva’s hand met his shoulder and it was around this time that Locke was struck by the absolute absurdity of the situation. A nobody mailman being comforted by a national hero of his home region. If somebody had come up to him even a week ago and told him this was where he’d be right now, he’d have promptly started walking in the other direction.

Locke still wasn’t sure they’d call themselves brave in any context, but appreciated was at least one compliment they knew how to accept.

“Um, thank you, for…” Visiting? Talking to them? Babysitting? “Well, just thank you I suppose.”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 18:20:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva smiled and shook her head, “No thanks necessary!” she beamed while turning the soft touch into a pat, “You know how to reach me if you need anything,” she had left him with her phone number when she dropped him off at the hospital for further medical attention, “I do have to get going now though,” she said with a sigh, “I’m happy to see you and the toddlers are doing great,” she stood up and reached over to pat the babies on the head before turning towards the door. Eva paused a moment, looking back at Locke, “Never hesitate to reach out if you need to,” Eva looked after her own, and she now considered Locke a friend. With a final wink she snuck out the door and hurried off to continue her work.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Aftermath [m] [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 22:16:20 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: