awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic with the baby birds [m][sos]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 20:04:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, maybe he should stop stress-baking, it was… getting out of hand, so to speak.

The fridge was literally overflowing with baked goodies at this point—so many pies, cookies, pastries—hell there was even one red velvet cake remaining along with several batches of brownies—were literally crammed into the fridge.

Yeah he should really cut down on the stress-baking, now he had too much food and had to make room for more! Fridges were expensive, okay?!

Wondering if a certain courier wasn’t too busy today, he sent a message that said this:

‘Hey, uh… I got a lot of baked goodies and my fridge is literally stuck. Like it doesn’t want to close anymore. I can’t eat this all by myself. Want some? If you know someone who would appreciate some desserts, then bring ‘em along!’

Now that he’d sent the message, it was time to wait for a reply—

And then the earpiece came alive again.

“What is it this time?” he began, tapping it and listening in.

“Wait, what, that’s also today?! Why didn’t you tell me?! Get the birdseed mix ready! I have guests coming over!”

help someone clear out his fridge and feed some baby birds while we’re at it eh?

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 21:59:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
“If you two don’t keep still I’m gonna have to put you away,” Locke warns.

He probably should’ve waited to tell De-De and Li-Li about the invitation until they’d actually arrived at Fortree. The little penguins could hardly contain themselves with joy, no doubt imagining the feast of treats awaiting them. The pair were practically jumping in their seat, which wouldn’t be a problem, if they weren’t currently hundreds of feet in the air en route to the treetop city.

Ji-Ji also seemed delighted at the idea of seeing Alexei again, having thoroughly enjoyed the gym leader’s company at the larger gathering back in Verdanturf. The Drampa gave a joyous roar as he descended directly into the city, too excited to land in its outskirts.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 21:23:14 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Alex really didn’t need to embellish on the details of his overflowing fridge. Just asking him if he wanted free food would have brought Angelo running, his wanting pockets never shy to accept handouts when they crossed his path. [break][break][break][break][break][break]

ill b there just finising my route. b abut 1 hour![break][break]

Angelo cycles towards the Fortree Sanctuary today, an Emolga perched on his handlebars enjoying the breeze in her fur almost as much as an opportunity to hitch a ride. Lysithea about as much an opportunist as her trainer, especially when it comes to the persuasion of the stomach. [break][break]

Leaving his shining blue bicycle leaned against the reception building, knowing it’ll be safe within the facility grounds, Angelo branches off to trail around the familiar stretch of green in search of a familiar figure. [break][break]

Ow. Ow… What?” Lysithea, now perched on his shoulder, tugs at strands of brunette hair just as Angelo bypasses a particular enclosure; Wingull chicks distinctive cheeps growing ever louder at the sound of his approaching footsteps. Angelo follows a tiny paw pointed up towards the sky. [break][break]

I don't know, Ly. I think that's someone else. Alex's probably in one of the enclosures somewhere...” A hand is raised, shielding ocean eyes from the sunshine as a Drampa descends.

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 18:59:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

A crackling noise cut through the quiet, and he tapped the earpiece.

“Well, don’t just stand there, lead them inside! Pretty sure you know how to, right?” he exclaimed as he was currently busy packing up several containers with all manner of sweet treats for them to consume.

“And did you get the birdseed mixes prepared yet?”

A few seconds later, he huffed.

“Get cracking! I don’t want them to scramble for it!”

And back to packing the food he went. Of course, he had no idea what the other two may want to drink so he’d also gone the extra mile of preparing a few things to drink as well.

Back outside…

One of the two receptionists—the other one Angelo saw on a more infrequent basis—saw him approach.

“Hey, so uh—Angelo, right? Claire told me a lot about you,” the stammering brown-haired young man began, before handing him a tray that had several varieties of birdseed mix.

“Alex is kind of busy right now, but he said he’ll be out shortly. Also asked me to prepare all this birdseed mix for today. Haven’t the slightest, but there you go,” he added with another embarrassed grin.

“If you need more just let him know, I’ll restock. I guess you’re all going to set the rest of the birds free now, they really can’t stay too long here…”

help someone clear out his fridge and feed some baby birds while we’re at it eh?

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 0:18:14 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
The elderly dragon blessedly remembered to slow down as they approached the sanctuary entrance, kicking dust up into a cloud around him as he hovered for a moment before dropping his full weight onto the ground. “Well, we’ve had worse landings,” Locke said between coughs as they slid out of the saddle with penguins in tow. Ji-Ji let out a low whine as Locke pulled out his Pokéball and expanded it. “It’s just for a minute, I’ll let you out again when we’ve settled in,” they promised as the Drampa reluctantly returned to his capsule.

From there, Locke wasn’t really sure where he was actually supposed to go. It was his first time at Fortree Sanctuary, and the facility was as expansive as it was beautiful. He tried following the paths that crisscrossed throughout the area, but easily found himself lost and enraptured with the many enclosures and their inhabitants.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:24:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Blue eyes chase the dragon as it sinks, only pulling away when a voice punctures through the chirping of birds that had become but a peaceful backdrop to him over time. “Oh. Shit. Hi. Where’d you come from?” An eyebrow is raised as one of the staff approaches, quiet and unnoticed until he’s stuttering beside him, snagging his attention with a quick look over his shoulder. Angelo’s hand falls from shielding his eyes to his side. [break][break]

He can’t remember what this guy’s name is… [break][break]

Don’t worry about it,” he dismisses with a crooked, lazy smile. Taking hold of the tray of bird seed without too much thought, as if on instinct after his time spent assisting. “Sure there’s plenty of other souls around who'd be happy to keep me company while I wait.” A hand is raised, balancing the tray in one flat palm, as he pushes Lysithea further up his shoulder after her tiny paw started reaching towards the seed hungrily. [break][break]

Just let Alex know I’ll be around. He can come find me when he's ready to hand over the goods.” [break][break]

Lifting a hand towards the Sanctuary volunteer in a gesture of goodbye, Angelo walks the familiar path towards the Wingull enclosure. Noise and aggression aside, he’d gotten used to the little bastards. Fond of them, even. If they were going to be released back into the wild and he had time to spare, he figured he might as well seize the opportunity to be deafened one last time.

It's when he approaches - thanks to the noise, he could make his way to the Wingull enclosure with eyes closed - that he spots someone lingering around the paths he's never seen before. [break][break]

Hey. You a new volunteer?” He asks .

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 3:41:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Finally, finally—

After what felt like an eternity of preparation, he was done.

The picnic baskets were fully loaded and set up, the picnic blanket and cutlery stowed away in yet another container, and then the crackling noise caught his attention—

“Ah, they’re already here? Fantastic. Can you get, you know, Mike out of the way for a few hours? You know how batshit insane he can get,” he said over the earpiece, only to be met with a tinny, raucous laughter.

“Yeah. Food and Mike don’t exactly go together in the same sentence. Get to it!” he added as he finally exited the private quarters carrying a whole load of baskets and containers.

Once he’d found the tree where they would eventually settle under, he then began to set up the place, before pulling out his phone and sending two messages.

‘Hey Angelo, you already here? I’ve got the free food ready,’ to one number, and to the other number, ‘Thanks for coming by and helping out the last time with the egg delivery. I heard from the Petalburg side that the eggs hatched not a moment too soon after they were left there,’ along with an embarrassed emoji.

To both, he then sent, ‘Once you’re not too busy looking around the place, come looking for this one tree near the gym arena, I’m there waiting—and keeping Mike away from the baskets as much as possible. You all know how much of a scourge Pelipper are when they see free food. They think it’s free real estate.’

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 23:37:06 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke was busy trying to find the source of the cacophonous cries echoing throughout the sanctuary when the stranger startled him. Was this someone that worked here? Had he accidentally wandered somewhere he shouldn’t have been?

“Er-No, sorry. I’m actually here to meet a fr-” They were cut off by the buzz of their Pokénav, going off simultaneously with the older man’s phone. Curious, but thankful for the distraction, they fumbled around their pocket while excusing themselves. Hopefully it was Alexei giving them some real directions.

Well, maybe that was hoping for too much.

“Alexei…this city is literally made of trees…” He mumbled to himself.