he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 7:41:37 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Both Espurrs have long since fallen asleep since Raphael got on them to get back to work Razz would make sure to do just that. He takes notes past the point of where his hand hurts but he doesn't tell Gavin that. Raziel can't help but look at the clock as admittedly he's getting tired, he's been up for some long and he had been working for quite awhile with several of the others and his pre-teen brain could only handle this for so much. [break][break]

He reads over his notes while Gavin was inspecting some of the samples trying to make sure everything was neat for the other. "Dr Merlino," Raziel calls for the other as he turns in his chair though as he was on his knees while on it he does slip up some. Instinctively he grabs onto the Doctor to avoid falling, forgetting for that very moment just how injured the other was.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 15:05:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is perceptive, notes the shift in energy that goes beyond a conscious effort to assuage the occasional stare of Raphael Pryde. He doesn't suggest that Raziel take a break, but quietly begins to pick up any slack.

He shifts at the sound of his name, curious—

—and then sharp, blinding pain explodes in his ribs, and a primitive fury overwhelms.

"Get the fuck off me —"

There is no registration in his mind that the target is a child, that Raziel hadn't meant to hurt. For a moment, there is only stimuli and response — he shoves Raziel away from him, hard, and clutches the edge of the table with white knuckles.

"Fuck," he seethes, eyes watering.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 16:27:01 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

With the other harshly pushing Raziel off him the boy could only wave his arms defensively. Desperately trying to get a hold of something so he didn’t fall. It all happened in less than a second, but it was enough that while on the way he harshly hits his arm on the table in hi attempt to grab, Papers in folders which he was taking notes in shifting. Some fall while others shift namely some of the vials of blood Razz had been holding for Gavin on the side causing a few to drop and break. [break][break]

Moments after the only thing to fill the lab with any sound was the pained sounds of a child, and harsh footsteps quickly making their way at the pair. It doesn’t take much glance to see that while hurt his child would be fine. Same couldn’t be said for Merlino sadly as Pryde would be quick to grab the back of the man’s hand to slam it down on the table. “I have two rules Merlino, don’t fuck with work and don’t lay your hands on my boy and yet you’ve done both,” he coldly says as he would raise the other’s head before slamming it down once more. One for each offense, “Explain yourself.”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 16:54:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's too busy breathing through the pain in his side to register the danger until it physically presents itself in the form of a hand to the back of his neck. Instinct sees him sharply turn his head to avoid a broken nose.

Here, in the labs, his walls are down. He feels the shock, the pain, and he feels the surge of indignation that follows.

But he doesn't fight the grip, not even when his head is pulled back and slammed down a second time. His lip is busted, mouth filling with blood where his teeth have cut against his cheek. Dazed, he doesn't answer immediately.

When Pryde doesn't strike again, Gavin winces and swallows blood.

"No valid explanation, sir." His split lip warps the words. "I know the rules."

It didn't matter that he'd reacted out of instinct, out of pain. He makes no attempt to excuse the action even as his fractured ribs continue to pulse with pain.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 17:15:58 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

All the tiredness from before was gone, all now replaced by panic. The way he fell hurt but that was his fault. He was working with Gavin to help him because he was in so much pain not to cause him any. It comes to no surprise to him when his father comes to his aid like he has before. Raziel can’t help but flitch at the way he slams the other into the table, knowing things were going to get worse. He forces himself to unscramble from the chair that he fell with before he is quick to get up and moves to the other side of Gavin. “Sir wait please!”. [break][break]

Raziel begs and it seems to be enough where Raphael pauses from being about to lift the other again because if he knew the rules and still disobeyed then he was clearly being to lenient. “It’s my fault it happened,” he is quick to take the blame, also remembering and thinking about his father’s ‘these people are your betters until proven otherwise’ line. “I was getting tired and push on, I dropped something and then bumped into Dr. Merlino trying to get it,” he lied taking a bit more blame for it but he does know its because he caused Gavin pain that he did what he did. So this was his fault anyways. [break][break]

Raphael once more tighten’s his grin on the other’s head. Quiet as if pondering the situation, ”Is that how it went down Dr. Merlino? Is my son to blame?” the lead scientist ask. There is a warning tone in his voice, Who the warning was aimed at should have them both guessing. Raziel tries to look at Gavin to give him a nod, a silent way of asking to go with it.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 17:59:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Raziel's comparatively shrill voice contrasts the scolding of Dr. Pryde. Gavin's skin crawls as he feels the pressure on the back of his neck tighten, threat unspoken.

How would see him answer?

Unfortunately for Raziel, Gavin's squeezed his eyes shut as if to physically block out his pain. There is only conditioning and the cold note to the scientist's tone that would have kept him restrained, grip or no.

"He's not to blame, sir." He breathes carefully around the shooting pain in his ribs, keeping his head down. "I should have told him to take a break, and I was out of line to lay a hand on him regardless of his error."

Such was a nuance to the rule: if you had a problem with the son, you took it to the father.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 18:48:06 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”One of you is lying to me and I don’t have time for this game of who,” there is disappointment in his voice more than there is anger. The man does what he can to be a semi positive presence in the lab as he knows most of them aren’t soldiers. They’re just slaves to knowledge seeking and it what drove most of them into Rocket in the first place. So when one of his own brings him a project they’re excited about he would be there to support it, even help look it over as long as it didn’t interfere with the main job they’ve all been assigned to. Tells them that its okay when a formula goes wrong because that’s what success was built on, try it again. He wants it so when he lashes out, when he is disappointed it has weight to it. [break][break]

”Raziel? Dr Pryde finally decides on and the look he gives the boy sends shivers down his spine as he very much doesn’t want to disappoint. It would be easy to just let the adult take the blame but he didn’t know if he did if he would still help him. Most of the scientist here already didn’t like him for being a kid in the labs, and their boss’ son to boot so, ”It was me, you’re the one that says I should speak up when I’m tired and I didn’t,” besides it honestly looked like Gavin went through enough, ”I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to”[break][break]

There is a sound of a mew beside them that catches both Pryde’s attention. It had seemed one of the Espurrs had used their Psychic to pick up the blood sample and put it in a new bottle. He held it up in a ‘tada’ manner as Raphael removed his hand from Gavin’s head to grab the bottle to inspect it. Make sure nothing was in it. ”Get yourself cleaned up Merlino and check this for any signs of contamination,” the man would be sure to crafully set it down before patting the Espurr then resanitze his hands.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 19:06:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gears shift, turn in his brain.

Raphael is not Theo. Raphael is not Gavin's father. Raphael is, as far as Merlino was concerned, an enigma. He hesitates, uncertain of which outcome would fare the best not only for him, but for Raziel.

Raz answers before Gavin's processed far enough; Gavin doesn't protest.

A gentle meow sees him open his eyes out of curiosity rather than anything else. One of the Espurr displays its psychic prowess, undoing mistakes, and Gavin finally finds himself able to breathe when the pressure on his neck abates.

"Right away, sir."

He's trembling from the adrenaline, but there's a genuine gratitude as he shuffles over to the sink to rinse blood from his mouth and wash his hands. As he sets up the lab equipment to check for contamination, his gaze shifts furtively to Raziel.

"You didn't have to do that, you know."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 19:43:19 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Inform me if it has been contaminated," His father tell Raziel before he leaves back to what he was doing before. There is a threat in his tone though should it be. Raziel just nods before he was quick to move toward the sink as well before washing his hands as well since he had fallen. Had to sanitize and keep the lab clean-ish. Vials could be everywhere, files and books all over the place, even tools could sit where they laid. But always keep yourself free of contamination to any samples. [break][break]

"It'll be fine," he says out loud whether or not it was actually aimed at Gavin was up in the air though as his thoughts seemed distracted by his father's warning of a talk. He jumps slightly when Gavin speaks, telling him he didn't have to. "I.. I know but... a lot of the people already don't like me and you're going to help me with Espurr so this is thanks?" he assures as he gives the older man a nervous smile before looking at the water again and repeats, "It'll be fine"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 22:28:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He works slower than he normally would, careful movements to compensate for the trembling in his fingertips. The taste of blood in his mouth overwhelms, brings with a feeling of nausea that he swallows down. The worst was over.

It's sad, to hear that most of the others don't like Raziel. He's just a kid. Though his busted lip swells, smarts, Gavin doesn't blame him for the pain. There's even something like remorse in the pit of his stomach.

"Sorry I shoved you." He's not looking at Raziel, focused on the microscope, but his tone presents sincere. "Got into a fight, and my ribs are still healing, but that's not your fault. You OK?"

He looks up at him now, tilts his head.

"It's not contaminated." He's surprised as much as he's relieved. "Looks like we've found another use for them."

He inclines his head to the Espurr. They're kinda cute, he has to admit.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 22:48:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Its fine, I could tell you're hurting when you first walked in its why I wanted to help," he waves the other off, it was just being a shove. It was nothing in comparison to other things he's been through. Though he does seem ineterest in the fight, "Oh? Did you win? Was this one of those 'you should see the other guy' kinda thing?" he questions. He knows his mom will always call a lot of dad's associates a bunch of nerds but some of them knew how to fight. "Mom says that sometimes in Rocket to settle differences they'll do it via fist fight or pokemon, you know Admin has been teaching some of us younger members how to try and focus on a battle with not just the pokemon but trainer to"[break][break]

Raziel is rambling now, whether it was out of actual excitement or because he was nervous about the results was hard to tell. Though he lets go of a breath he doesn't know he's holding when Gavin mentions that the blood isn't contaminated. That was good, everything will be fine. [break][break]

The boy smiles down at his espurr and starts scratching them behind the ear in thanks. "Yeah they can be like a little undo button, but probably best not to rely on that too much"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 0:08:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
'I could tell you were hurting.'

Pride burns at the base of his skull, but Gavin doesn't contest the words.

Raziel's apparent excitement for the fight might've been endearing if not for the knowledge that this 'fight' had been entirely one-sided. If the kid was perceptive enough, he might notice the way Gavin glances away at mention of .

You know what happens. He swallows his pride.

"Nah, I lost," he says, tone forced casual. "Admin Beckett is an excellent trainer; you should listen carefully to what he teaches you."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 0:56:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Raziel definitely doesn't notice the way Gavin looks away at the mention of the name. He's too busy looking at the table where the notes and stuff were and picking them up and organizing them since they got ruined when he was pushed. "That's too bad, guess Mom's comment about most the lab people being nerds kinda goes strong then, but don't feel bad! I bet next time you'll win!" he's being overly positive at the moment. [break][break]

"Yeah none of us have been able to beat him yet, oh but hey did you hear," he looks to both sides to make sure no one is really paying attention to them since yeah they were talking but they were still working. He does lean in a little to say the next part slightly more quietly, "So one of the older kids says that Admin Beckett's Chikorita evolved because it use the nutrients of his victims," it was a ridiculous rumor honestly. Clearly it was kids being kids making up stories to make things sound scarier than what they were, "I told him that was dumb because like Chikorita can't do that..." there is a pause as he finally stops his nervous rambling, and even his organization as he thinks about it as maybe he isn't too sure. He's done research, but he can't find anything like that, "Right?"[break][break]

He's not gonna mention that there was a bet now going on about whether or not it was true, but as far as he was aware he was the only one who knew science people who could tell him. Then maybe he could tell

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 3:33:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The mention of Raziel's mother sees Gavin picture the woman, swallowed pride settling in his gut. If he were allowed to fight back—

—but there's no point entertaining such dreams, he thinks; Theo is his superior.

He might've laughed at the notion of the Bayleef if mention of it alone didn't make the hair rise along the back of his neck. Though he was certain the tales were untrue, ridiculous as they sounded, it suited the sinister ambience of its unassuming presence.

He only ever saw that Pokémon when someone was suffering.

"I think you're right, Raziel."

He offers the ghost of an encouraging smile, and shunts the image of Bayleef from his mind. Having assured that their blood sample was not contaminated, it's added to the rack with the rest for testing.

"It's like I said: you're a smart one."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 5:35:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Raziel smiles a bit more having been called smart. "Knew it! Can't wait to shove it in Zhao's stupid face to tell him he's wrong," or he would probably tell and let him do it as he was too timid to do so unlike his brother. He probably could have continued on with his nervous rambling if not for the voice of his father cutting in. [break][break]

"Any contamination?" Dr. Pryde questions once more noting the extra talking and how slow the two seem to be moving. And while he doesn't look upset at all Raziel's nervous rambling has come to a stop giving only a "it'll be fine," as he's repeated before but Pryde is looking at Gavin for an answer.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]