thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 3:34:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shifts immediately back into professionalism as Raphael Pryde approaches, spine straightening despite the shooting pain it causes in his ribs. There's a flash of it in his eyes, in the twist of his expression, but there is no complaint. There never is.

"No, sir." He shifts, pushes forth the notes he'd taken. "I've triple-checked for contaminants, but found none."

He dares not say it to Raziel, not aloud, but the words echo in thought: It'll be fine.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 3:55:45 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Raziel gets nervous as his father goes silent as he takes the notes on the contamination test. He is looking them over, going over equations in his head as with his free hand it looks like he's writing on some invisible white board. It was as if he were a teacher checking and grading your test right in front of you. There is a hint of a smile there as he hands the notes to his son as he knows he's been the one organizing this most likely. "Good work Merlino, you're excused for the day as its clear you're distracted and my son isn't helping," he comments because he is very much aware of the whispering that was going on again. This was a lab for adults not school children. [break][break]

Raphael writes something down on before handing it to the other, "I would recommend one of these for next time your in, from personal experience I can tell you they work well," were Gavin to look at it there would be a list of pain killers. It would be up to him to see what worked best to null the pain so they could focus.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 6:39:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin, too, is nervous — it's different than it is with , anticipation of disappointment rather than a curled fist. He knows his work is good, had checked it thrice over to be certain, but the nerves still flutter in his stomach until Pryde speaks.

Relief at the dismissal is tinged with embarrassment; being dismissed for his lack of focus wasn't ideal, but his head hurt from being slammed against the table and he could feel his focus slipping.

"Yes, sir."

There's apology in his tone; he glances up when Pryde slips something into his hand. He recognizes the names.

"Thank you, Dr. Pryde."

He tucks the paper into a pocket, strips off his gloves at the sink. He looks to Raziel as he washes his hands, a habitual and comforting motion despite the sting of cuts. Though he doesn't dare carry on conversation with the father looming over their shoulder, he dips his head in fond acknowledgement of the other.

It had been fine, after all.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 11:24:11 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Raziel would just give the scientist a small wave as he’s dismissed from the labs. The boy counting him lucky as the unlucky notion of bing his father’s son he as in the labs as long as he was. And since he was the lead in this department it was going to be some time before he got the same luxury. At least though it seemed time for a break soon for most of them as he would be called to take orders for the others. Things would be fine. [break][break]

[break]

It would be 3 days before Raziel is seen in the labs again, if anyone has asked about him Raphael would’ve given a simple he’s unwell. So medial task such as clearing the cages, feeding the subjects would have been been given to others, and the labs would look a tad worse for where as with most of them usually busy with work cleaning up after it was more of an after thought than a priority. As usual Dr. Pryde would be one of the first there and now by his side would but his son. There was a bandage on the right side of his forehead right above the eye clearly recovering from something, some faded bruising surrounded the bandage in addition to the brace on his left wrist as the boy looked to be taking notes. [break][break]

Maybe everything wasn’t so fine[break][break]

Raziel looks toward the door each time it opens clearly waiting for someone and perks up a bit when he sees Dr. Merlino. He is quick to ask his father for permission before he would go over toward the blond doctor, “Dr. Merlino! Morning! Uhh would it be okay if I showed you something?”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 11:39:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin, too, has been 'unwell'.

A mild concussion earned as a result of having his skull slammed against his workstation is still in the process of healing, and his ribs hurt if he turns too sharply, but he reports to the lab without complaint. He never complains.

He looks down slowly at Raziel when the boy approaches, lips quirking in a brief smile before it fades upon seeing the other's injuries.

Immediately, he wants to ask, but he bites his tongue to allow Raziel a chance to speak.

"Morning," he returns. "Course you can, if Dr. Pryde says it's OK."

He looks up at Raziel's father and dips his head, acknowledging the scientist's authority while also requesting permission.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 11:49:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

When Gavin looks up the Doctor isn’t even looking at him as already busy with Grif and Simmons already talking with him about something else. Raziel follows the other’s gaze back to his father, ”Yeah, he already said it was okay, I’m just not sure if I can help you today is all,” that much he’s unsure about as the lad is quick to move toward Gavin’s work station as he calls a single Espurr from a luxury ball. Razz would put down the folders and begging to put them out of order as he waited for Gavin.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:00:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin redirects his attention to Raziel, offering a quirk of his lips.

Observant, he's quick to notice the presence of only one Espurr.

"Where'd the other one go?" He's almost worried for the answer. "Ah, and what did you want to show me?"
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:22:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”Ahh,” Raziel releases a pained gasp as he is quick to hold his left wrist, forgetting for a moment just how much it hurt when he accidentally tries to move a folder with it. He bites his lip though as he makes sure its looks messy enough. [break][break]

“Hmm? Oh uhhh since females are meant to be really good with battle I asked dad if I could give her to my brother since he’s more battle focused than me, so only this one needs to prove useful but watch,” Raziel uses his good hand to snap and point at the folders to get the Espurr’s attention as it looked to be staring off into space, “Come on organize them,” he calls as the Espurr looks between the two of them, and then the folders. The two of them and the folders. This would happen a few more times before their body glows and with its Psychic abilities it goes organize based off first letter.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 2:31:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
In Rocket, pain and injury came with the territory. It didn't make it any more comfortable to see Raziel wince against a wrist Gavin assumes to have been broken, or at very least badly sprained thanks to the brace he wore.

"Take it slow."

It would seem the Espurr took Gavin's advice, instead; it glances between them several times after a command is given, and the scientist isn't sure what's meant to be happening. He blinks at the kitten, unimpressed.

Then the folders on the table begin to shift.

"Oh, shit." He chuckles, soft and surprised. "Damn, that's pretty convenient, actually."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 3:02:33 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"But if I'm too slow I can't work," Raziel can't help but comment, and he couldn't he slow. He had to keep up because he's his father's son, he is a Pryde. He can't disappoint. [break][break]

There is a bit of distress with how slow Espurr seems to be, but it seems like they're finally get it and picking up the pace with the files. Making him smile knowing his days injured hadn't gone to waste. Though Espurr seem confused after the letter 'E' and stops there. It takes a tired breath before looking up at the two. Tada! [break][break]

Raziel looks up at Gavin, "I got the idea from your signing suggestion, I mean I know pokemon can't talk, but he could help with paper work let him read."[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 14:49:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Better to work slow than not at all."

He knew the feeling, the frustration and fear that came with inadequate work. Rocket was hardly forgiving. But he also knew how easily an injury could be aggravated by pushing oneself too far.

"I'll pick up the slack, don't worry."

He winks, offers a smile that's meant for Raziel alone.

Espurr proves promising with its organizational skills, however incomplete, and Gavin nods his encouragement.

"Knew you'd figure it out. What's Dr. Pryde said about it?"

Though engaged in the conversation, Gavin is already washing up and pulling on his gloves for the day's work. After being scolded for chatting with Raziel the last time the kid was here, he was on his best behaviour.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 16:52:48 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”I guess, just feels like a lot I need to catch up on is all,” he simply comments as he already has a list in his head. Raziel slowly picking up the papers and folders Espurr couldn’t recall how to do. The gives only a small smile back at the wink, ”Oh don’t worry, there won’t be slack from me today on your work,” because clearly the boy was the problem, ” I have other things so I won’t be in your hair, but as always if you need anything let me know, I’m here to help you guys.” [break][break]

He glances back at his dad who had his back turned to them, still talking to Simmons about some Kabuto in a tube. ”He says its a start, but he expected more,” Raziel isn’t sure it this was because his father was putting him down, or was attempting to light a fire to push further either way he was nervous for the future.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 11:55:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
What's meant to be reassurance from Raziel only worries him more. If he's going to be working with someone else, they may not be as accomodating for his injuries. But it's not Gavin's place to protest, so he doesn't.

He's not surprised by the verdict.

Rocket always expected more, didn't they?

"You'll get there, I'm sure. It's only a kitten, after all."

Not that his poor Zubat had been given much of an acclimation period before they'd forced it into battle.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
burden
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 12:24:57 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”I guess, but really thank you so much for the idea, I don’t think I would’ve come up with it without the sign idea, and Dad did say he’d allow me some more time to teach them after the week is up, so maybe when you and I both aren’t busy, or if I get assigned to you again you could help me a little?” he questions a little hopeful because he knows bot of them are busy , but he feels there is only so much he could learn on his own. And his father made it clear he wouldn’t help in this because he wanted to see how Raziel handled problem solving. [break][break]

After he finishes picking up the folders with his good arm he would return Espurr back to his pokeball, ”Think you might need anything before I have to clean up?”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
burden
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 7:07:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He smirks, eager at the prospect of a student before he remembers himself. Expression sobering to one of forced professionalism, he clears his throat.

"I'll need to check with Beckett," he says carefully, "but he likes you, so it should be OK."

Beckett was softer on the younger Rockets, or at least on Raziel. Gavin did his best not to let it get to him.

Gavin signs something to Raziel, chuckles.

"That means: 'No' and 'You're welcome'. Careful with that wrist."

With a last nod, he turns back to his work.