saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 17:49:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"greyson, yes?"

matias arrives punctual.

the wool ranch, named aptly, sits atop a small hill that overlooks a small forest. there, within the healthy green of the forest, shades of white stick out, most likely a flock of wooloo in their folding.

"have you been briefed?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 18:03:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
"that's correct." greyson replied coolly. too coolly. nerves danced beneath his skin. he'd arrived early in anticipation and had spent the past twenty or so minutes simply looking around to get a feel for the place. still, he didn't feel ready.

"briefed?" greyson echoed. "uh, kind of. something about protecting some livestock?" his eyes moved to the pasture further off, as if visually searching for the correct answer. "they mentioned i should basically follow your lead." he licked his lips.

"matias. am i saying that right?" he held an outstretched hand in his direction.

notes + hey. thanks for signing up with me.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 7:14:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"that's nice of them."

he reaches to meet the outstretched hand, firm grip as he shakes. a nods follows.

"i'm here to help train you, basically, but i'd like to think of it as more of a partnership. if that's okay with you, of course."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 15:22:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
greyson's mind blanks out as the other man reaches outwards and grasps his own hand. a number of anxious thoughts flit across his mindscape. how hard does he shake? is his hand clammy? wait, his name was matias right? he didn't confirm, so there was a chance greyson was wrong, wasn't there? they're gone almost as fast as they appeared.

"huh? what?" he stumbles out. "oh, yeah. that sounds good. let's do that." desperate for a distraction, he pulls his hand back. "so, uh, what exactly are we here to protect?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 15:36:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"wooloo, apparently."

he retracts his hand, then gestures towards the ranch before he starts walking.

"come on."

it's a short walk to the front door, and though matias had agreed not to take lead, he finds himself slipping into the role almost too naturally as he knocks on the door. it opens to a short and plump man dressed in a comfortable-looking khaki overall.

'ah! about time. y'all the rangers?'

matias shakes his head.

"somewhat. i'm matias," he introduces, then waits for his partner for his.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 15:59:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
greyson doesn't complain as he falls in step behind the more experienced man. partners or not, matias seemed to know what he was doing. and that was, well, a few steps further than he was at the moment. "greyson", he added with a small, hesitant smile.

the small, plump man eyed them both critically for a second, his skin tanned and leathered. a few moments paused in silence before the man let out a breathe. he didn't seem particularly impressed with the duo, but, that was just greyson's take.

'alright. nice to meet'cha. names milo.' milo gave them both a curt but respectful nod. 'y'all head 'round the back there', he said, pointing out and around to the back of the homestead. 'i'll be there inna'minute.'
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 16:42:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]introductions are given, instructions are shared, and after a courteous nod, matias turns and starts heading in the pointed direction. again, it doesn't take them long to reach their destination. and unsurprisingly, it doesn't take milo a minute. it takes far longer, perhaps.

even from a distance, the cries of the wooloo sound far too loud. the moments of lull do allow for conversation. matias takes it.

"feeling nervous?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 17:05:47 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
admittedly, greyson didn't know what to expect. the place was in decent shape. sure, it could use a little paint here and there. maybe some new wood in places. the fence wasn't in the greatest condition. the grass was nearly reaching his knee in some parts, and the owner was... late. but hey, it was a nice, quaint little place.

optimism.

"a bit," greyson admitted. the task wasn't particularly difficult. what typically posed a threat to a flock likely wouldn't appear in front of humans. "first one, you know?" he kind of half-shrugged. "how many you have under your belt?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 17:24:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"far too many."

it's said with a light chuckle, though it's not said in jest. matias carries the weight of his past but he does not let it hinder him. he carries it strong, resilient, because it's the only way he knows how.

"it gets better the more you do. but try not to rush through them."

a wooloo cries not too far away from them.

"you'll end up missing the simple ones. like this."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 17:46:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

there were a number of pokemon who could be considered natural predatators to the wooloo. soft, round and nearly defenseless most of the time, they relied on their herd mentality to survive. in that case, surviving meant outrunning the others. this area of hoenn was more rural than most, leaving any number of creatures capable. even worse, the pudgier man was less helpful then he would've liked. howls at night? wasn't that typical?

"first guess?" he says, looking at the surroundings. "mightyena, or maybe even a lycanroc. both are well-known enough to make daring attacks like this, especially with a pack." greyson concluded, thoughts still pushing deeper for other answers.

"what do you think?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 14:44:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]over'ere isn't much of a direction, but thankfully, milo leads them to where they're supposed to go, albeit slowly.

"and you said four disappeared?"

milo nods, responds with: 'i told'cha i heard 'em howls at night. scary stuff, that!'

"any ideas, greyson?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:07:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

there were a number of pokemon who could be considered natural predatators to the wooloo. soft, round and nearly defenseless most of the time, they relied on their herd mentality to survive. in that case, surviving meant outrunning the others. this area of hoenn was more rural than most, leaving any number of creatures capable. even worse, the pudgier man was less helpful then he would've liked. howls at night? wasn't that typical?

"first guess?" he says, looking at the surroundings. "mightyena, or maybe even a lycanroc. both are well-known enough to make daring attacks like this, especially with a pack." greyson concluded, thoughts still pushing deeper for other answers.

"what do you think?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 15:55:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"the same as you."

he tilts his head up, peers at the dimming sky. he had picked this time for a reason, after all.

"sun's setting so it'll be a few hours at least, but we should set a trap and wait to see if anything shows up tonight."

he turns to greyson.

"what do you think?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
flock
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 16:34:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson's eyes scan the landscape nearby the flock as matias speaks. "i think that's a good idea," he says, eyes narrowing on a nearby tree as he speaks. "i can set my corviknight up in that tree," he points for emphasis. "give him overwatch on any threats that might approach." he turns to matias again, waiting for his opinion.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,985 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
flock
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 14:03:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"lovely."

and with that, milo leaves them to their mission, retreating to his house for the evening and possibly night.

"hope you're comfortable sitting around and doing nothing for hours."

[attr="class","noodles"]