Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 7:53:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An eyebrow cocked as the trio of Pokeballs were set before him, scooping one of them up and rolling the capsule between both hands. “You have more faith in me than I have in myself, Gavin. What do you see in me, anyways?” Rowan had been weak and helpless his entire life, no matter how much he fought back he was always subjected to the will of his father one way or another.

No one in Rowan’s life had believed in him, not his family nor his peers. Gavin was the only person who wanted him to succeed, and he wasn’t sure how to handle these conflicting feelings. “You’ve been confident in my abilities since day one, and I can’t figure out why.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 14:36:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is blunt. "I see potential."

He sees himself, in more ways than one. Rocket had taken a bright-minded scientist and sharpened him into their weapon. He was certain he could pay that forward in turn.

The three capsules on the desk appear identical: luxury balls, with no hint as to their contents. When Rowan picks one up, it's slightly damp.

"Rowan, I was a scientist with a single Riolu when Rocket got a hold of me. Look at what I've become. You know how I got this far? Because I wanted to. Because I worked for it. That's all it takes. Time, and dedication."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 19:55:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I suppose I have to do the same, then.” Shortcuts weren’t going to come no matter how much he attempted to will them into existence. Rowan didn’t have special Pokemon or fantastical powers to rely on, all he had was himself. “Where do I start, exactly?” He’d been diligent about training his companions since becoming a member of the organization, but he doubted they could stand up to the hardened members of the League or Team Rocket.

“I’m set to challenge the Sootopolis Gym in a week, so I've been preparing for that.” Rowan figured that would be an interesting milestone for himself, see how far he’d come since being a spoiled rich kid in Galar.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 9:04:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Wherever you'd like is an impulsive response that Gavin traps behind his teeth. Rowan sought guidance, not vaguery.

"Your Pokemon are the most important resources you have. Train them right, and they can be whatever you need them to be: healer, protector, conqueror." There's something in the way his tongue wraps around the last word. "But it's important not to neglect your physical capability. You need to be able to fight back if you're caught off guard."

It's why he still carries his gun, his knife, why he works out to keep his body strong despite the shadows that act as his guardians. You could never be too careful.

"I'll help where I can, but you should also reach out to others. Wolfe, Beckett, Clayton. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Better to feel a bit stupid for a few than to wind up dead."

Mention of Sootopolis seems to particularly intrigue him.

"Send me the time for your match. I may show up to watch."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 3:33:02 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’ll make sure to reach out to Wolfe or Clayton.” Rowan commented with a nod, scooping up the remaining Pokeballs from the desk before depositing them with his belongings. Gavin may notice the distinct absence of Theo Beckett’s name from that grouping, though Rowan wouldn’t explain as to why unless prompted. “You’ve already done enough for me, I wouldn’t want to bother you further when you’re busy with other recruits as is.” Even so, he made a mental note to send details of his challenge to them.

Rowan mulled a question over in his mind for a moment before presenting it to Gavin, wanting to be sure of his words. “I’m assuming you want to keep the fact that we are family secret from anyone who doesn't already know?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:31:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin immediately notes the absence of 's name, but doesn't assume the worst.

"I know Beckett is fairly new to Hoenn, but he was an admin in Kanto days. My mentor, actually. You could learn a lot from him."

When asked about keeping secrets, he nods.

"Rocket's got a nasty habit of using family against each other. Best we keep it between us."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 0:33:20 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I don’t know how comfortable I am with asking a mass murderer for assistance.” Rowan couldn’t be sure that Theo himself was involved in the slaughter of Kanto citizens, but he knew that someone of his previous stature likely didn’t have clean hands. “I’ll keep that in mind, though.”

wanted their family ties to remain a secret and Rowan didn’t have a problem obliging those wishes. “Lovely.” There was a lot of information to process about the dangers of having a new family, another burden to stack upon the dozens he was already carrying. “Is there anyone else I should know about? Any other surprise siblings?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 9:12:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin blinks at him.

"Perhaps you missed the bit where I joined in Kanto. Where Beckett was my mentor. You've already accepted help from a mass murderer. You're looking at him."

He doesn't seem proud of the body count; rather, he states his status as murderer as flatly as one might claim their date of birth.

"Wolfe and Clayton worked in Kanto, too. A lot of us did."

He hesitates on the final question.

"There's another, but I want to give them the choice of getting involved — or staying out of it. Bit of a tricky situation for all of us."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 8:07:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Starting to realize I'm surrounded by murderers.” Rowan muttered underneath his breath, obviously disillusioned with the company he was keeping in the organization. “I’ll reach out to Beckett if I'm desperate.” That was the end of the conversation as far as he was concerned, not wanting to discuss his misgivings with the bloodthirsty members of Team Rocket at the moment after having so much already on his plate. “Thanks.”

He stood up from the seat, honestly considering whether or not he’d made the right decision by joining Team Rocket. Was this another mistake in the long series of ones that his life had been? “Well, should they want to contact me, I'm not hard to find.” Once again Rowan moved towards the door, placing a hand on the handle. “Care to release the fairy lock? I need to go think all this over.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 8:11:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin makes no attempt to justify their actions nor assuage Rowan's disdain. This was an inevitability within Rocket and there was no use coddling him against it.

As soon as Rowan stands, Gavin clicks his tongue.

The fairy-lock shimmers, then dissipates.

"You know where to find me if you need anything."

He gestures, dismissing him.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sanguine Ties [M]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:15:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: