Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 18:20:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Thank you for coming to see me."

Unlike , Chu-e's office is full of personality. It hangs on the walls, sits on the cat towers, rests in the pens on the desk. Eyes watch from catbeds in corners, sizing up the piece of meat offered. It smells like peaches and green tea.

And Chu-e is different from his before. Instead of the muscle that would peel tendons from flesh is left skin and bones. A white to the skin, unnatural, that reeks of death and illness. Shadows under the eyes and a kind smile that doesn't quite fit the face. A shadow of his former self.

"It's nice to see you again, Theo."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 18:31:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"choi."

he's not used to the overwhelming personality on display in choi's office. he sticks out like a sore thumb — practically feels as uncomfortable as one. he decides to focus on the one thing that's familiar. relatively, anyways.

"you've grown."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 18:39:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Funny."

Is said, plain, and a gracious hand extending towards the seat across from his desk.

"Sit."

A pink feline is shooed off his lap before he reaches for a mug, pours a second cup of warm water and sits a fresh bag of tea inside.

"So," Down to business. "Why did you come back?

had never been one to mince words. Chu-e wouldn't either.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 5:37:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"there's not much else to do in kanto. i saw opportunities in hoenn and i'm here to see them through."

he eyes the pink feline, the cup of brewing tea, then returns to choi.

"are you glad i'm back?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 15:09:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Well, you'll have plenty to do here. In fact-"

A drawer is opened, a manilla folder removed and placed next to 's tea.

"I called you here because I have a job for you. Do you think you can handle it?

The second question is not answered. His palm is firm on the folder. While within Theo's reach, he's not to open it yet.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 15:15:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"most likely."

out of instinct, he reaches for the folder.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 15:57:30 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Quick as a whip, a knife is slammed down next to 's hand. The tip is embedded in the desk. A narrow miss but they both would know it was on purpose.

Chu-e does not do this out of some misguided effort to shake his proverbial nuts in Theo's face. They both know the other can handle it.

"Not yet." Pulling away, leaving the knife gleaming in the light, he picks up his own tea and takes a sip.

"I need you to understand some things, first."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:09:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]there's barely a reaction given to the narrow miss of the knife. he eyes choi, narrows them, and pulls his hand back. he slowly begins to understand the shift in their dynamic now. no longer is choi the same kid who was given an outlet to harbor his rage and anger as a beast. he's now choi, underboss of rocket.

still, he allows choi the opportunity to explain.

"go on."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:19:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"The Rocket here is different from the Rocket in Kanto." He doesn't say this as a bad thing. It's also not said as a good thing. It just is.

"I'm sure you all saw what happened when Blackwell died. How the rats scattered from the sinking ship, the Captain no longer there to keep them in line." When the fear was gone, what had many of Rocket been left with? Nothing. Only those so deeply indoctrinated in it, who still believed in what Rocket was and could be, had stayed.

"I don't intend to allow that mistake to happen again. But." The word clicks against his teeth.

"I also won't allow this organization to become soft. In other words, I need you to help me boil the frog, Beckett."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 17:24:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"why do you think i'm here, choi?"

he has more to say but he holds his tongue — here, now, he is nothing but a mere grunt. had seen to that.

"i'll do what i do best."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 17:29:29 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You're here for whatever we say you are. If I wanted you to shake your dick at everyone who entered the dining hall, you would!"

He's smiling, friendly and easy, but it doesn't quiet reach where it should. Like a thin veneer painted over something else between them.

"Beckett, why did you join Rocket?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 17:52:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he tenses because he understands what lies behind false smiles. slowly, but surely, he'll understand his place. it's painful, but this, he knows, is needed.

"for the money."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 17:57:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"And why did you want the money that badly?"

There is always more, just below the surface. One just needed to dig for it. If Chu-e needs, he will drag what information he wants out of . It's his right to have it.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:06:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i needed it."

he knows the answer isn't good enough. it wouldn't be for him. still, sharing comes difficult to someone who had spent most of his life repressing.

"for my family."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:14:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Needed? Not anymore?"

Reaching forward, the knife is ripped from the table, tucked away back into the sleeve it had been hiding in. Permission to open the folder is granted. There is no push for answers more, no desires to know if had some hidden wife or children squirreled away in some hole he thought Rocket wouldn't find.