thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:32:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"not anymore."

if choi doesn't pry, theo doesn't share. it's an agreement they both seem to agree on as the folder's extended over. he takes it, opens it, and starts reading.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 0:11:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Condolences are not offered. This is the price of Rocket and Chu-e knows he isn't a balm to cure any hurt the other may feel.

"For what it is worth, you were a good teacher. I would have died long before I hit twenty if not for you." It is fact, not praise, for .

"You won't be able to use the same techniques as before. However, Rocket still needs a hard edge. I have a few candidates here I think could handle it. Find more, train these." A brief summary of what was held in the folder.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 5:31:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his eyes scan through the page, taking in whatever information's on there, before he flips and does the same to the next.

"how far can i go?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 5:46:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Not as far as you might want."

The summary on the next page is brief. An overview of the propaganda campaign that Chu-e has been leading. Thinks that might hurt that cause until they're ready to strike.

"You don't need to focus on this right away. Take time to properly enfold yourself into the culture here. That way you know where and how to change it." He also knew that was busy sniffing out moles. Chu-e wasn't ignorant to the pots that had been stirring.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 6:01:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"understood."

he closes the folder to be read for later. he meets choi's eyes again, this time with a hint of softness in his.

"for what it's worth, i'm glad you listened."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 6:10:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A pause as he thinks of how to respond.

"When I was a Beast,"

The words are mulled over, as if deciding how to proceed.

"I wish I had been more like you and less like...." He trails off. There's a jingle of bells as the Skitty hops back into his lap.

Hands pet her absently, eyes somewhere far away.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:53:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]beast — he tenses, hands ready to coil into fists but he suppresses the thoughts. it's not the first time they've tempted him. he exhales, asks:

"blackwell?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:14:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]silence lulls over them.

"no."

a memory flashes. he feels heat rising, surrounding, suffocating.

"do you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:34:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I do."

He blinks, comes back, shifts his gaze to meet 's eyes once again.

"But that doesn't really change anything, does it?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:19:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"sadly."

he holds his gaze when their eyes meet. it feels somber in a way he can't quite describe. it's what allows the next string of words to be said:

"you shouldn't live with regrets, choi."

he sighs, looking away.

"they'll eat you up otherwise."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:40:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I'm dying." It comes out easier, here, with Beckett than it has with others. He doesn't want to place why.

"With people like you here, I don't think I'll have to take my regrets and worries with me." Something more heavy sits on his tongue. After running away from home, after Rocket, after everything he did before he was a Beast- would it be fucked up of him to think of Beckett as some twisted father figure?

He did.

But it stayed on the back of his tongue, hidden behind barbs and hardships.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:46:24 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his expression softens. his gaze returns, immediately searches for an oddity, a tell, anything that'll indicate otherwise. he doesn't find one. whatever flames within him now dwindle to mere embers.

the question comes out more difficult than it should.

"how long do you have left?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:58:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"A year and a half, maybe two if I'm lucky." But, he had already burned through a lot of that, hadn't he? That was his diagnosis before even setting foot in Hoenn again. Time flew.

"But... I'll be gone... mentally... a long time before that, they think."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,295 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:08:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the difference between days and months has never been more apparent. he resists what he's told, fights it:

"and they can't do anything to save you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]