Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:18:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A shake of the head.

"My organs are failing. The only thing keeping me walking now is eating a fistful of pills every day."

There is something that nags, the knowledge that something else is inside him. Eating him from the inside, slowly turning him into soulless black crystal one bloom at a time.

But that part he keeps locked up inside with the disease.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:25:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]resignation comes eventually.

"i see."

almost crestfallen, he allows silence to surround them. he doesn't know what to say, so he says the only thing that's on his mind.

"i'll miss you, choi."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:28:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Another pregnant silence between them.

"... thank you, Theo."

Chu-e means it, it's just with his own resignation. His own kind of acceptance.

"I'm glad you came to Hoenn."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:43:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he nods, but decides it's not enough. choi deserves more.

"you're stuck with me, choi."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:47:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
His chair squeaks, soft, when he moves to stand. The Skitty hops down, jingles, and he turns to one of the cabinets along the wall. A tail twitches, eyes firmly locked on Theo.

"Do you know what MAGMA is?"

Theo, now, is only a grunt here. Yet, Chu-e knows he isn't some rat or squealer. What he says will stay between them.

Theo can be privy to the new project.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:52:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i don't."

theo hasn't heard of it. he hasn't heard of a lot of things. but if it's something of choi's, then it's something that interests him.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 17:59:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"We think we can stick Avatar powers in non-Avatars." The simplest way to describe it.

A nondescript SD card is pulled from an unlabeled folder. Sitting back down, his laptop is opened and it's popped inside. Files on the project are opened, turned around for Theo to see and look through.

If he tries to find anything else, all he'll parse if that Chu-e has a lot of cat videos and recipes saved in his bookmarks.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 18:18:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he leaves the folder, leans forward, and sifts through the various files on the laptop instead.

"i assume it's not as easy as it sounds."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 3:41:13 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Nothing ever is."

A lot of the information is very technical. It's stuff beyond Chu-e's understanding. It was only thanks to dumbing things down for him, often times, that he really understood very much of what happened in the labs.

"We have a few volunteers lined up for when testing starts."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:02:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he stops on one file in particular, spends a moment to thoroughly read it, then glances up at choi.

"do you think it'll work?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:09:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"They almost had it working before. Ran out of samples. We have all the samples we could want, now."

Which was a terrible way of thinking about and . Samples. Experiments.

Chu-e knew personally what that was like.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:15:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]samples. experiments. it's not disgust that rises, it's something else entirely. he still isn't sure what.

"what happens to them?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:23:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"The samples or the experiments?"

Briefly he thinks of his captivity. Strapped to tables, cut open again and again, still beating heart and pulsing organs measured with clinical precision.

He wonders if they'll measure 's organs, too.

"If they're lucky, they'll die."

Chu-e wonders if the file Theo was hung up on was the video of his insides.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,262 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:26:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it was.

"and if they're not?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Spectre
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 8:30:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"They get wonderful powers."

A sardonic smile.

"Or their organs start to turn necrotic. Then they have seizures until they die."