[break]
@ open[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
empty sea breeze

Bear your sins in skin and bones, cursed is the soul that escapes death's grasp.
[break][break]
It haunts her with a ghastly relentlessness, memories that won't stop overflowing as she sinks in the darkest of nights. Promises of her whereabouts are forgotten in the wake of uneasiness, crackling fire echoing in her head as she subconsciously chokes on the ashes of whatever feeling remains. Numb are the fingers that dance on the water's edge, shoes left upon the shifting sands as she sinks her ankles into the open sea.
[break][break]
The moonlit ocean is pristine, blessed and untouched unlike her dirtied hands that struggle to ensure her survival. It's calm like her father's grace, warm like her mother's touch, the ocean breeze humming lullabies that beckon her to take a step forward into the churning waves. Everything about the sight is a miracle to behold, a full moon heralding a peaceful night for all who wait, a swirling cosmic threatening to swallow her consciousness as she sways with every step she takes.
[break][break]
It takes an estimate of 3 hours at minimum to tire yourself out at seas of this temperature; A long time if one is to count the seconds but nothing when compared to the countless nights she's spent alone. With another step, she falls back into the sand, too tired to move herself out of the water even as the frigid waves wash over her. Her lungs are so full of air but her heart feels so empty, chills creeping up his spine as her mind swirls with nagging thoughts - She shouldn't be here, it's way beyond her bedtime.
[break][break]
But who's there to stop her?

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 5:45:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

With missions done for the day Razz looks over the seas of Lillycove prepared to go home. Normally he would just fly home with one of his flying pokemon but with the need to try and keep practicing with his new abilities he found this way to be useful. Creating his explosions over the sea to use them to propel himself, the cold sea being his punishment should he fall in. Or in a small way they were also a blessing with it being able to cool himself off with that, and the water definitely helped set the reminder that no. He couldn't be burned by them. [break][break]

Calling out Azulon to help him out with his training the Ranger is checking his tools to ensure they would be safe from the water. It isn't until Salem speaks up that Razz notices someone else still on the beach. "At this hour?" he questions him before giving a scan, it was no wonder it happened honestly with the girl more toward the right and making him incapable of seeing. Thought that little tidbit stands out to him. [break][break]

She's just a little girl. [break][break]

Curious he does go over noting how close she was to the water and he ponders if he was trying to go swimming. "Out a bit late aren't you?" while kids going out on their journeys as young as ten, even if more recently it has been frowned on, it wasn't completely uncommon to see a kid out. Though it was always best to be sure. "Are you alright?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 7:01:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

A bit late seems to be an understatement in her eyes, time slowly ticking away as her eyes lazily glance over to the stranger.
[break][break]
"You're not home at this hour either." She mutters, barely moving an inch as she continues to lay in the water, far too tired to sit up for a proper conversation. "I'm fine, I guess." Open questions are met with a curt response, manners meaning that ignorance doesn't simply sit well with her. "Could be better, could be worse."
[break][break]
Truth is, she doesn't quite know how to answer the loaded question. Part of her wishes for him to just accept the answer and move along with his day while the other part of her wishes that he could simply read her mind and understand the tangle of thoughts that scream inside - The overwhelming collection of books, the garden that remained in bloom all year round, that wistful scent of vanilla and butterscotch wafting through the halls... all burnt to ashes and reduced to mere memories. But never has she met someone who has read past her acts and gotten past her walls, so she figures that he'll just be like the rest if she even tries to start explaining.
[break][break]
"What are you doing out here anyways?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 7:26:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah but but my jobs keeps me out late," he gives her a small smile. He's not going to point out that she was a child while he was an adult, because he wanted to be friendly to her. He's been told kids, and well people in general, respond better to a friendly face. Not that his scared face is one that normally gave other's comfort but that's why he kept it covered. [break][break]

It becomes clear that she has no interest in leaving, and Razz is not about to leave a child alone when he doesn't even need his Terrain of Truth to figure out that she is anything but fine. "You're kind of lying in the ocean water late at night," he comments as he decides to flop himself next to her not caring to much about the cold water as he's basically become a native to Sootopolis. The water barely bugged him anymore. From his shoulder Salem decides to come floating down to the other side of the girl with a much more friendlier smile on his face that Razz could muster. "You know, when I'm down I talk to my buddy Salem here, he's a great listener if you'd like to give it a try?"[break][break]

"As for why I'm out here I'm a ranger, I patrol the area I've been assigned be they pokemon," he tilts his head at her, "Or people..." there is a ting at the tip of his tongue there but he's going to ignore it.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 13:45:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

A smile… How many times has she seen an adult smile and wonder if it was genuine? Every time she mentions where she's from, the smiles they give are pained in some way, as if she's touched an open wound of theirs. But she's gotten over it, gotten over how she can't go back, accepted the reality that she has no family left.
[break][break]
So why is it that the looks they give her feel like a scalding hot knife being twisted inside her chest?
[break][break]
"Water's nice." She responds, "Chilly." Though Eris might find herself nursing a cold tomorrow, her current state of mind calls for a stimulus strong enough to numb her senses. The more she listens to the rambling, the more she finds herself trapped in her memories.
[break][break]
"It's not… easy to talk about."
[break][break]
But every story has to start somewhere, even when you lack the words or your tongue is tied. There had been a time where laughter meant the world, warmth gripping tight to her hands as she listened close to the tales of the gods. Her throat goes dry with a deep inhale, an exhale drawn out if only to give herself a chance to calm down.
[break][break]
"You know what happened to Kanto, right?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 15:22:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"A bit, after awhile you tend to get used to it," he simply replies as he mindlessly puts his hand through the water. The ocean providing a cool relief of sorts as at times he forgot just how warm his hands have become since his meeting with the fire deity. Its simple conversation for now. He doesn't expect the little girl to open up easily, but Razz had no intention of leaving her side. Not like this. [break][break]

The ranger is silent when she admits that it isn't an easy topic. All he could offer is a nod of understanding as he waited, no pressure being given go share just yet. Razz wouldn't realize just how much he would find the silence comfortable especially when the young girl brought up Rocket. And like that guilt hits him like a dagger in the back and he can't help but pause because of course he's heard of Kanto. [break][break]

He was there in Kanto.[break][break]

Already he could see where this was going with a child her age just lying here in the water rather in a warm bed at home. There is a scary thought that he might have contributed to this but he does what he can to burry that thought quick especially as Salem gives him a look and points to the girl. Right this was about comforting her not dealing with his own demons but he doesn't even know where to begin. In the back of his head though he feels it something along the lines of 'the truth' being said. [break][break]

"I know..." the truth, "I was there," he admits, a detail that those he's grown close to don't know. "Admittedly I still suffer from night terrors because of what happened," why he's deciding to be this vulnerable to the child he can't say. Maybe there some subconscious realization that there is a relief to talk about these things. Sometimes more so with someone who has also go through it than who hasn't. But that would be on her in the end on what she wanted to share. "So while I don't know what you've gone through, it's okay to hurt" [break][break]

Salem twirls his hand, a sign, "My name is Razz Kingsman," a sting in his mouth, fuck you dragon, "You are?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 2:25:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

It's strange how the world could possibly be so small. For this stranger to have been in Kanto and known of its horrors, she supposes that there's only really two ways he's connected - He was a survivor or he helped destroy it. While the first may help her to ease her burdens and loosen her thoughts, the second have always been a group that she can't quite place. Not every Rocket member who had been in Kanto had done it out of their own will, some had been pressured with survival while others had things to protect.
[break][break]
But what places their causes above the lives of the innocent? The people of Kanto had just as much reason to live as they did. And yet, she had held forgiveness in her heart, giving a man a piece of her fractured kindness despite his clear involvement in the cruel act.
[break][break]
"I don't want to hurt." She murmurs upon a shaky breath, her fingers grasping onto wet sand only to let the grains slip through the cracks. "It hurt so bad back then. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to move... All I could smell was blood and things burning... All my books... all the pictures..."
[break][break]
Stop drowning, it whispers.
[break][break]
She can't.
[break][break]
Most days, she's able to brush it off with a quiet smile and a deep breath but she's floundering in her memories, a floodgate bursting open as she's overwhelmed by the chilling facts of the reality she now resides in. A thought wriggles in her mind, grows into an emotion that weighs so heavily on her chest. It feels like she's choking on the smoke that once tore her house down, her heart racing as her body registers the surge of panic through her veins. With a sniffle comes a hiccup, an arm placed over both her eyes in an attempt to blind herself from the pain that she known all these years.
[break][break]
"Momma and pa did nothing wrong... I did nothing wrong... So why am I the only one left?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 5:20:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz listens and hearing it all hurts as he knows all of these emotions well. He's come to know the smell of blood at a young age, and as he got older he was expected to deal with it easily. Been trained that it was all okay because it was for the Glory of Team Rocket. But what did that glory mean for everyone else? Clearly for people like this girl it meant everything and never before had he'd been so grateful for the bandana he wore to hide his scar as it did great for hiding his expression. [break][break]

On his way home the ranger wasn't sure what to expect, but it definitely wasn't this. Especially as suddenly the girl started to cry and let the tears of her frustration. He didn't know what to do though because how do you comfort a child? Whenever he was sad or questioned the why of things he was expected to get over it, and if he didn't then it meant pain. So how does one comfort a child?[break][break]

Salem is the first to start as he would move to her side to give a hug and begin to purr. Often the cat would do this with his own trainer give him a presence to hold onto and ground himself. She might have felt even a psychic presence with her, let her know that she wasn't alone. Meanwhile with Salem mostly focusing on her he was left alone unsure of what to do. Razz feels that pity is the last thing she wanted, because if the shoe were on the other foot he sure as hell wouldn't want it. [break][break]

"Healing takes time..." he finally speaks not entirely sure on what to do. "And sadly sometimes it doesn't go away it can only fade, and I'm sorry for your parents, and sadly when it comes to the terrible shit Team Rocket has done there is no why for them on anything because they're power hungry and its as simple as that for them." There was nothing they wouldn't do for their goals. [break][break]

"But do if nothing else do understand that it's not your fault, there is nothing you've done to deserve it," you're just a kid is left out because he feels it would make it worse.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 10:42:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

They're not coming back. They're never coming back and you've known this, Eris.
[break][break]
It's all she's ever known. That horrid realisation that sinks in when she awakes each morning, the emptiness in her chest that reminds her that she's no longer in a place she can call home as she forces a smile to greet the day. Just get over it - She's screamed at herself for years - Just accept it and move on. It's easier if she just embraces it, it's easier if she just swallows this bitter pill and continues on in blissful ignorance.
[break][break]
But it scratches at her heart like a filthy rat, clawing and gnawing at every possible surface as the urge to retch comes and ebbs in waves. It's as if she's lost her ability to breath but she's shoving air right into her lungs regardless, uncomfortable and nauseating to the very core as she tries to reject this deep sense of dread that grows in her stomach.
[break][break]
All of a sudden, she shoots up, turning her gaze away from the duo as she retches. But nothing comes up no matter how hard she tries to empty her throat of that suffocating lump. With unease and anxiety comes the subconscious rejection of comfort, memories swirling like the tidal waves at her feet as her mental begins to chip away.
[break][break]
She doesn't deserve this. It wasn't her fault. All wounds will heal or fade away with time. Words like that are hollow promises spoken by those who don't quite know how to deal with these kinds of situations - Anyone who knows how to deal with it are far too broken, far too used to the experience to have learnt the ways to soothe their pain.
[break][break]
With illness comes a brand new surge of panic, a loss in reasoning as she pulls her knees closer to herself and shivers. She's overwhelmed yet harshly desires to be in control, drowning in a multitude of stimuli that her body begs to be blocked out. Deep breaths in for 4 and a long exhale out for 8 - Her heart's pounding recklessly in her chest and the world is dancing with spots but she's trying her best to hold on, curling into a ball as she works to regain her composure.
[break][break]
A moment of silence passes, then another - A brief period of time is filled with nothing but ragged breathing and dry coughs.
[break][break]
"I'm... sorry..." After a solid few minutes, she settles, choking out a soft apology even as she buries her face deeper into her arms. "I just... I... don't know what to do..."
[break][break]
Once the flames of anxiety have settled, all that's left in its ashes is a seed of pure confusion. She knows that Rocket was the one to destroy her home, she knows that the killers are somewhere amongst the many faces she's spied in the hallways, she knows there's something fundamentally wrong about her current adoptive situation in Rocket.
[break][break]
And yet, everything always boils back down to one issue.
[break][break]
"I don't have anywhere else to go."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 11:48:33 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

While the symptoms of the panic attack he recognizes, having gone through many himself he doesn't know what to do. For him he usually has Salem to ground him, emotionally get him through but right now he knows he's just a stranger to her. Salem would still hang on her through with her. Once again there is guilt there because he feels something he may have said set her off and he doesn't know what to do. For now all he can do is rub her back, his hands unusually warm despite them being in the cold ocean thanks to Reshiram's blessing. He's silent as he just allows her to push through for now. [break][break]

"It's fine, you don't have to apologize," he offers as he uses his free hand to call out on of his pokemon. Razz removes his hand from her to catch the Litwick before they fell in the water. "This here is Alabaster," the ranger would move in front of her making sure to keep low to be at eye level. "He is a special litwick as you see his flame here? I've been told he caries the flame of a legendary," he would point to the magenta colored flame rather than the usual blue flame most had. "With it he can do a special trick." Razz would snap his fingers as Alabaster uses his hands to pretend to use Will-O-Wisp while Razz casted his Terrain of Truth.[break][break]

The flames would be closer to them than what he usually had for comfort but the flames would provide a warm that the water was clearly draining from them. "I hear their fire brings comfort, makes it easier to bare your truths to and make yourself lighter," he would offer her to carry the Litwick should she choose. He knows often he likes to hold Salem close after things like this so maybe this might be helpful to her in a way. [break][break]

"And if you need some place to go you're free to stay at my place tonight, its big enough that you'll have a room all your own, and if it'll make you feel safer I will even stay outside," because he knows a grown man asking a child to come to his place might sound odd. "But please answer me this first," he would look her in the eye with his one good one, "Have you been staying with anyone dangerous?" he has a feeling seeing how it wasn't uncommon for Rocket to take in the children of those they've killed to raise soldiers, but he rather hear it from her.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 13:59:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

Warmth. Despite the chilly waters and the blowing sea breeze, there is an unnatural warmth that emanates from Razz's touch. It keeps her grounded, reminds her that he's still present even as she struggles to regain a moment of peace. And it is with his reassurance that she tries to open up once more, viciously wiping away any trails of tears as she sniffles lightly and watches his every move.
[break][break]
"Special, huh..."
[break][break]
Truth be told, there is a hint of doubt that passes through her eyes when she hears the rumour, half a mind recalling the many notes that her mother has written, only to come short on any mysteries surroundings Litwicks. Perhaps, he was simply a shiny version of the little candle pokemon? She wouldn't quite know, seeing how little contact she had with the ever elusive ghost-types.
[break][break]
Even then, she isn't all that surprised by the appearance of Will-O-Wisps, merely kept in a sort of light awe at the bloom of colours. How ironic it is, she notes, that even as she stares at something that took everything away from her, the flames are still able to steal her attention with ease. She's tempted to reach out and touch one of the orbs, but her heart knows that Reiner would have stopped her had he been here at all. So instead, she acknowledges Salem for the support he's tried to offer all this time, a hand gingerly reaching out to pat his head as if a habit she's formed in an attempt to escape awkward situations.
[break][break]
The question he asks is a rather loaded one, one that she takes a second to process and another to think through. Despite what Rocket had done as an entire organisation, could she truly label the people she knew as dangerous? Sure, Gavin clearly held some burdens from Kanto, perhaps even killed someone judging by the way he reacted to her questions... but what about Priam? What about Bryan and Plank? What about Miles? They had been everything but mean or a danger to her (ignoring that one time Miles had put her through an hour of algebra).
[break][break]
"They're... not dangerous..."
[break][break]
Her answer is given as neither a truth nor a genuine lie, left vague and excluding the words of 'to me' at the very end. Though Lugia's come close to killing her once, it hadn't meant to harm her at all. The scars that it's left on her back itch at the memories of the incident, the scent of petrichor filling her head as she stares out into the ocean. At the very same time, she knows she lives in the same headquarters as those who had disposed of her parents, knows that she could very easily lose her head should they decide to finish the job...
[break][break]
Her mind feels muddled, her chest heaving as she lets out a sigh.
[break][break]
"I don't want to cause trouble for you... or make them worried at all... though I don't think they'd really notice if I was gone..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 0:23:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Unfortunately for Eris Reshiram's flames look past personal truths and opinions. Something Razz learned the hard way when the giant dragon refused to accept his new name as the ranger considered his old identity dead and the dragon tried to punish him for it. So too would the flames around them go from their warm pinkish hue to that of a blue colored flame. The one on top of Alabaster's head would change as well with her lie, and honestly it hurts Razz to see it. [break][break]

"You won't be causing me any trouble I can promise you that much," the ranger assures her as he offers a small smile, "Honestly it might be safer if you come with me, especially if you're telling me that the people who you're with wouldn't even notice you gone..." he pauses for a moment thinking if he should just ask her out right or would it hurt her more. [break][break]

"Team Rocket is no place for a child to grow," he decides to say see what her reaction might be. It's a bold step to take and he knows it, but with her talking about her parents dying in Kanto, and the old days of Rocket taking in children to create disposable soldiers wasn't uncommon. It seemed logical and if this were the case he would do what he can to ensure she wouldn't go back. [break][break]

"If I'm wrong feel free to tell me I am, either way you're free to come over, have a roof over your head and get yourself warm as I'm sure the water is chilly"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 4:01:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

Of course, adults would lie to her in order to get the answers they wanted. The changing hues of the flickering flames and the look he gives her is more than enough to tell her that he suspects there's something wrong with her answer - Not that her hesitation hadn't been enough to provide context.
[break][break]
She expects for him to call her out, suspects that he may try to get her to follow him for safety. What she doesn't expect is the fact that he tells her Team Rocket is no place for a child to grow. The statement earns him an instinctive shudder, the girl tensing up ever so slightly even as she keeps her gaze glued to the starry horizons.
[break][break]
"I- what would you know?" Though her tone seems strong, she's far from reflecting that stubbornness in her body language, her fingers gently intertwining themselves as she takes a deep breath. "Even if the killer lives among them, not everyone I've met has been bad... One promised to protect me from now on... Another promised to help me make the biggest fireworks for momma and pa... They visited when I got injured... They've always been trying their best to help..."
[break][break]
"They're not bad people."
[break][break]
Insistence only strengthens her will to defend those who she's learnt to treasure, solidifies her promise with to always protect and be there for him, reminds her that she still has yet to complete the fireworks to show .
[break][break]
"Old Rocket forced them to make a lot of bad decisions..."
[break][break]
She pushes through with these beliefs, even if unease grips at her heart and threatens to strangle her.
[break][break]
"They were... just in bad positions in life..."
[break][break]
She has to, because she doesn't know how she should feel if she doesn't.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 5:45:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

A lot. [break][break]

Is the simple answer to that question, but he is quiet as he allows her to speak. He wonders how far the brainwashing has gone already. Making them think that they're okay people even though she already described one of them as a killer. "They made their choice to continue to follow them, but what about people who don't get to choose?" [break][break]

He's outing himself, he knows this but he needs her to understand. Razz removes the bandana that kept the scare his father left him hidden. "You see this? This was done by family, and I'm not just talking about the pretend family Rocket claims to be when you play by their rules. I'm speaking of real family, my father and mother were members and raised me to be one of them. There will always be members who seem kind," he thinks back to who helped him teach him to sign to help Salem not become an experiment, "pretend that they'll look out for you as long as you obey." Razz thinks of his father and the way the man raised him to become so desperate for his approval that he blindly obeyed, "Do good and they would treat you good, because that's the start of how they begin to manipulate you.[break][break]

"Everyone is human kid, and at times they'll even sympathize with you about what happened. How 'It was terrible that your parents got killed but you know what? We'll be there for you because as long as you do good we can be your new family,'"
he pauses for a moment as he thinks back to darker days and he hates it, "Does that sound familiar at all? Because I can tell you now I've heard it told to dozens of kids who survived the raids and were picked to be soldiers for them before Team Rocket sent them to their deaths as fodder. [break][break]

"You tell me that Old Rocket made them make a lot of bad decisions, that they were just in bad positions in life but they’re still choosing to be Rocket, and they’re choosing to do bad now…"
admittedly he doesn't know the difference between 'old Rocket' and 'new Rocket' because it was all the same to him. [break][break]

“Were you allowed the choice?”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,713 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 7:01:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[break]
empty sea breeze

Fragile, torn up and already biting her tongue just so she won't blurt out the stupidest things. She's a nudge away from shattering her bubble, a whisper away from a dangerous place cos lies aren't a fix for the truth. What about the people who don't get to choose?
[break][break]
What about them?
[break][break]
"No, that's not..." It's hard for her to take his words, even more so for her to let even a bit of logic slip through the cracks of her heart. "They're not like that..." She wants to believe in whatever she has, so she clings onto the words like a mantra. "When I got hit by Lugia, Gavin was there to help... he didn't leave me to die..."
[break][break]
He's different, he has to be. Gavin, Priam, Bryan, Plank, Miles, Chu-e... they're all different from the cruel manipulators and blood-thirsty operators she's heard about...
[break][break]
"They wouldn't... I wouldn't ever do anything that hurts others... and they wouldn't be able to make me..."
[break][break]
But they would hurt you if you don't listen. The thought breathes her fears in deeply, sprouting from a seed of doubt as her mind flashes back to the discussion she had held with another man. had been interested in her works, or so it seemed from the way he had laid ground rules in exchange for access to materials and a proper workspace. Would he eventually break his end of the deal and slowly turn her into a machination of disaster?
[break][break]
Was she allowed a choice? Had her being inducted into Rocket been a choice? She recalls the desperation she had held in her heart as she staggered through the wastelands with Reiner by her side, the pain that had begged for her to simply lay down and the weariness that had made her dissolve into tears when a hand had been extended before her very eyes. They had been there to provide salvation when no one was there to hear her screams, yet they had been the ones who had caused her to scream in the first place.
[break][break]
"They wouldn't do that..."
[break][break]
She's breaking. Her faith is wavering.
[break][break]
"They're... not going to..."
[break][break]
She knows that history is just waiting to repeat itself.
[break][break]
"I-"
[break][break]
She doesn't know what to believe in anymore.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES