he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 9:10:43 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Reading people isn't a specialty of his, and at this rate it may never be because while he can tell there is some distress there he can't read just how much distress his questions are bringing her. Though the ex-rocket feels they need to be addressed because he knows how easily he was manipulated, and he knows how easily Rocket as manipulated others his age when he was young. Razz can't help but wonder had he had someone make him realize sooner would he have understood? Would he have gone out sooner than what he did? Though right now wasn't the time for if ands or buts. [break][break]

"Lugia? Gavin? As in ?" those two names were a lot to take in because while he knew was there he didn't think was here in Hoenn too. It was a scary combo, and he's an idiot to think that the bastard would come without his lapdog. And Lugia? has that man been chosen as an avatar as well? With how loyal the old scientist was to Rocket it was a scary thought to think of. Though he suppose it was only natural that even legends would be supporting Rockets as well. Razz so desperately wants to ask more questions but there was so much going on and he needed to focus. [break][break]

When the denial comes it hurts because he feels she needs to understand that the people who have promised her all these things. Protection, family, in the end it would all be a trick for manipulation to use her. "They can and they will," there is no ifs in this either. Not if this 'new' Rocket has there. His tone is sad as he goes on, "I was only 10 when I was ordered to kill for the very first time," he could still remember the kangaskhan his brother and him and to defend themselves against if they wanted to live past that. "If we didn't we would've been killed by the very pokemon that was trying to kill us," he pauses and thinks back to the baby Kangaskhan that was caged in his father's lab and when he learned the truth. "It would be years later when I learned that it was a pokemon they ordered to kill us if she wanted to see her baby again"[break][break]

Spoiler alert: she didn't get to see them... [break][break]

"Orders only got worse from there..." he tells her this because she deserves to know a taste of what Rocket put him through at 10. And by her size he was guessing she might at at least what 13? He couldn't place it really but it was only at this point that Salem steps between her and him. Meows as he signs for him to stop because it was harsh and she was struggling enough. Razz may be his trainer but even Salem knew when enough was enough. [break][break]

Razz takes a deep breath and sighs with a nod. The young man would attempt take her hands in his warm ones, if she allowed him to, so that he could look her in the eye. Let her understand that he is speaking the truth here. "Look I understand this is... a lot to say the least, and you don't have to trust me if you don't want to. If you can't trust me, I can just give you some money and you can get yourself a hotel and you don't have to see me ever again," he doesn't add the 'not until rocket forces you to fight.' "but at least you'll have somewhere to go for the night." [break][break]

"Just please... know I say all this as a child who grew up in Rocket, they are not safe for you to be around not for long, especially if a man known as is there. However if you're okay with me as I said you're free to come to my place, I have a spare room you can call your own and hopefully leave without paying the same price I did. [break][break]

This is your choice though, and if you want you don't even have to choose today."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:01:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
empty sea breeze

Just as he obtains answers from simply observing her, she obtains answers from hearing the questions he asks. And it all comes clear as soon as she hears him utter the name - , the name of the man she trusts with her heart and the only one she's truly tried to forgive out of the entire lot.
[break][break]
"You're a defector from Kanto."
[break][break]
Hushed is the word upon her lips, a bitterness drawn over her tongue as she winces at the very title. The realisation scorches her skin, ravenous in its conquest as it begins to feast on the scars she bears.
[break][break]
"You helped them destroy my home."
[break][break]
Lost are the tales he tries to convey, the cruel acts that Old Rocket has subjected him to becoming nothing but empty warnings as she focuses on the hollowness in her heart. Of course, he would try to warn her of their misdeeds. She already knows of the heinous crimes they've committed. Judging from how he's stated his orders to have gotten worse than murdering a Kangaskhan, she senses that she stands in the face of a killer, yet holds no fear for what he's capable of.
[break][break]
All she knows is resentment, a relentless snake that devours the roar of the ocean as she sucks a breath through her teeth. He had helped dig the hole she was in, helped create a world where she knew nothing but emptiness each morning. The words he spoke were taken to be out of repentance, a wish to deny his past and start anew despite the blood on his hands.
[break][break]
"Even if what you say is true, what makes you better than them? How many people did you kill before you realised it was wrong? Did you not think about what happens to everyone who's left behind?" Her voice raises in volume with each question asked, emotions clearly brewing behind every word as she struggles to understand.
[break][break]
Forgive, Eris - Her heart begs - If you can forgive someone like Gavin, you can do the same for him.
[break][break]
But what had the stranger done to earn her forgiveness? Did Razz even deserve it after running away from the sins he'd committed? There's a part of her that wishes to hit him, a part of her that clamours for a chance at revenge and screams for her to hurt him. He has to suffer for his wrong doings, he needs to feel the pain that she has, he needs to know how much they've taken away from her… but she can't.
[break][break]
Everything is silenced with a weak shudder, the voices in her head drowned out by empty noise as she forces her hands into the water. The cold works wonders, forcing her to take a moment for herself before she can possibly tumble further down this rabbit hole.
[break][break]
"Is Theo a bad person?" Accusation no longer exists in her tone, hatred bleeding into defeat as open palms weakly grasp at the sand. "He said he was interested in the research I was doing… said that he would help me gain access to a lab and materials as long as I listened and reported whatever I did…" She recalls asking for her absolute obedience when it came to orders, but he had bent to her condition of them remaining non-lethal commands.
[break][break]
"I know that Rocket's bad… I know what they've done… but I don't have anywhere else to go. If I go with you, you might get in trouble… especially if Theo tries to track my whereabouts and finds you..."
[break][break]
What is she supposed to do now? When the world has no family to watch her back nor people she can depend on? Even if she's clawed her way through life and somehow survived until now, there's only so much a child like her is capable of doing.
[break][break]
"I don't want to cause any trouble."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 5:26:13 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“I am…” the young man answers simpy, the fact that his question about the other man goes ignored doesn’t matter to him in the slightest as he would allow her to take in what it meant for him to be a defector of where he’s from. Red eyes narrow in regret at her next statement. “I probably did” [break][break]

He allows it to hang there as he would still just be kneeling in front of her in the water, ignoring the sheer cold of it all because it didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as must as this was mentally stabbing him. The last statement was something that has haunted him since he’s left, and he’s sure forever will. Right now she’s lucky that she doesn’t seem to have the blood of innocence on her hands. Not yet at least because he has no doubt they would be drenched if she stayed. [break][break]

“I stopped counting after a while, I was told it helps to not keep a number,” he will never know if he regrets the choice of keeping track or not, “And when it all happened no I didn’t think about it, because orders were absolute at the time and I was never taught anything else,” because why teach your child soldier to have a conscious? It would only get in the way.[break][break]

“Never said I was better than them, I was a scared child who was betrayed, burned and scared because I began to question things. I ran from responsibility, but the big difference between them and me? I learned from my mistakes, and I’m working to make them better by helping people and pokemon alike. Unlike Rocket who would kill them if they got in the way of power”[break][break]

As she moves her hands into the water Razz would step back from her, allowing her space. Let her take in what he says if she chooses to believe him. His eyes narrow at the thought of , because while the man had not been anywhere near as hard on him as he was on , or even his brother . He knows the stories. [break][break]

“Yes,” he simply answers as if it were the easiest question in the world, “The people that man has broken is high, but I won’t tell you those stories, Salem here things you’ve heard enough,” he gives a look to the cat who would give Eris an apologetic look but the cat feels he knows it's for the best. Seeing all this as a lot. [break][break]

“I can always help you find a place if needed, as there are programs for refugees from Kanto if you decide not to stay with me. And even if you do say yes and he comes,” he gives a somewhat confident smile, “I have more special pokemon like this Litwick send him back,” as Buzzwole and Reshiram were definitely nothing to sneeze at. [break][break]

“Besides like I said, helping people is my job, you won’t be any trouble”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 9:16:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
thoughts[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
empty sea breeze

It doesn't come off as strange when Razz admits to not knowing his body count, she surmised as much if Old Rocket had truly wanted to keep whatever shreds of sanity their members needed to function. In fact, it's probably healthier for her not to know either, not to hold solid numbers on the destruction caused.

"Over two days of wandering Kanto, I met 41 people that begged for me to find them help... at least 100 pokemon mourning the loss of their trainers... and way too many bodies of people and pokemon..." But she can't help but remember, their voices growing and ebbing in her head as she remembers the various states of their corpses. "After a few hours, their skin is discoloured and their body stiffens. Around day 3 to 5, the body begins to bloat and blister. Some of them had sat out for at least a few weeks, maggots crawling under their skin and in whatever holes had opened up... Some of them were from even further back... their nails and teeth fallen out and their body melting into some liquid mess..."
[break][break]
It's a sight that still haunts her to this day, something that no kid should have seen at all.
[break][break]
"At some point, I'd wandered into people... other adults... but they were so pressed for food and resources that they screamed at me... crazed enough to try and hurt me... scared that I was a Rocket member there to get rid of them..."
[break][break]
The trust of a child is hard to nurture, even more so when others have broken and scattered whatever hope they've once had. And yet, there's something about Razz that coaxes her into talking, opening up about her scars as she gingerly rubs at her coat sleeves.
[break][break]
"They still scare me... A lot of adults still do... The only reason I still talk to some of them is because Reiner's there for me..." Speaking of the ever watchful Reiner, Eris knows that he's inevitably going to throw a fit when he realises what's transpired between her and Razz but she'd really rather not have the Luxray attempting to tear out anyone's throat for coming too close. "He's my childhood buddy... I've known him since he was just a Shinx... and he's been watching over me while my parents..." A deep breath, a small exhale to restart. "He's kind of like what Salem is to you, I think."
[break][break]
There is a long pause that follows the idea, a moment for her to take in the confident promises he makes as she weighs the possibilities that comes with each option available. Finally, she settles on one, her hands gently digging into her pocket as she finds courage in the warmth of the pokeball she holds.
[break][break]
"Can I stay with you for a while? At least... for tonight? Explaining to strangers why my parents aren't around is... hard. And I don't want to run into anyone from Rocket either..."
[break][break]
It's probably going to take a while for her to explain it to Reiner but she's sure that he'll understand. After all, he's the only one who's ever been able to since the beginning of the end.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 2:29:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

This was a side that Razz never thought he would hear about. While Rocket had casualties on their side of the war it didn't wasn't as much as the whole region they took over. While they had more losses in Johto Razz was able to go back, he was able to leave. He wasn't stuck in the aftermath of things. He could imagine what was left in their wake, but it was another thing to hear it. Especially from the eyes of a child. So he doesn't interrupt her, while his stories never got to into detail like she was getting he felt he told her enough to make her realize one side was bad for her to share the aftermath without him interrupting. "People can become cruel when in desperate situations, and I'm sorry you had to go through that," is all he could really offer in the end.[break][break]

He does tilt his head on whoever Reiner is. And why weren't they there if she had someone looking after her? Though at the mention of a Shinx he realizes it was a pokemon. That made more sense, there is an amused hmph when she compares her cat to his own. Its nice to have a silly thought after the heaviness that has been this whole conversation. [break][break]

"You're free to stay as long as you like," well there goes training for the night, but hopefully he could get this kid out of Rocket before it was too late. With that the Terrain would die off as Razz returned his Empoleon to switch to Corviknight. He would offer her help getting on as he would hand her the Litwick to hold. "Hold him to keep warm for the ride," he would advice before the steel bird takes off to his home.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sea of Thoughts || O
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 4:46:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: