Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 23:46:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "you right-handed? you leave yourself wide open when you cross with the right and you seem a bit uncomfortable when you try to go for a left." noah's arms tighten, sensing the other's slight offense or annoyance like burrs emerging from the neck. "we can still work on it, but."

the heavy footfalls of his machamp rumble before muting against the mat's plush blue planes. its bright beak is pulled into a starry smile, filled with promise— or perhaps, it's simply, the default expression of its species. nevertheless, it stands by noah, dwarfing him considerably in height.

"you can depend on your service meowstic." noah says. "the faber style i teach relies upon using your pokemon to equalize the battlefield. i'm short and lack a bit of power— so my friend here, cobra, fights with me." noah leans in, finger tickling the air before salem's nose. "your friend could be your eye."

he returns to his solid stance of crossed arms.

"grappling though. you don't need sight for that. if you can feel a body, then there's no need to see it. y'know?" noah winks, the gym lights catching a diamond of color in his eye.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 10:52:38 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

"I'm open on my right side because I'm blind there, and not left handed so it feels weird," he comments trying not to sound petty about it. Though it wasn't like he enjoyed the reminder that he no longer had proper depth perception. Maybe because its a painful reminder of everything that happened though his attention goes over to Salem who it still sitting on the Machamp. Seeming to signal something to him and the Ranger sighs. "Sorry... the blind thing is touchy for me."[break][break]

So he stand backs and listens for now, "Use him as my eye? Seems kind of hard to just keep him on my shoulder through a whole fight?" though maybe he was taking that to literally?[break][break]

He ponders about the whole grappling thing, "Makes sense, but seems like getting in close would also be dangerous"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 23:06:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "on your shoulder. nearby." noah steps near. despite his height, the proximity calls attention to his intimidating body. "the thing is, man. sometimes you don't have a choice about how close you'll be."

he snaps his fingers. like large boulder coming to life, the arms of noah's machamp lunge forth to seize him by the waist. noah is lifted into the air as his machamp steps back: a trapeze act in isolation.

"rely on your meowstic. they're your partner after all. watch this."

the machamp hurls noah, who assumes the form of a flying kick. before the gym leader leaves too far, the machamp catches noah's hand and swings the gym leader around in a long arc. eventually, his machamp releases him. noah lands on the mats with small spring to his step.

"i lack a bit of power so i depend on my machamp to give me an extra boost. covering my weak spots." noah says. "your meowstic can do the same— or whoever else you choose."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 9:14:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz seems hesitant at the other's suggestion. Its not like he brings Salem on missions he feels are dangerous as the cats holds too much of his mental stability together. Though he watches, seeing as to how the Gym Leader is able to trust his Machamp whole heartedly enough to just jump up and expected to be caught enough for a kick in such a manner. Then there is also the level of training the Machamp must have to not accidently break his trainer. [break][break]

"I guess that makes sense, not sure how comfortable I am with putting Salem in danger like that though," part of him ponders if something similar could even be pulled off with Reshiram. Though since he was here more asking about how to fight himself it seemed irrelevant. "Think we can try it against you then?" he questions as he looks to Salem who seems excited enough to try as he moves from the Machamp to Razz.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 2:54:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "like i said." noah raises his fists, arms close to his body. slowly, his body assumes fighting position. "sometimes you don't have a choice."

his machamp takes a step backward. one set of arms arch around its torso, planting hands on its hips while the other set folds like bridges over its chest.

"alright! i'm gonna test you out again," noah says, ",with just my fists. don't need to hit me back. just dodge them or deflect them with salem's help. got it?" the next few words come quick like a rapid trill of piano keys. "alrighthereicome!"

noah dashes in like a boxer with a left and right punch toward razz's head. they are not thrown to hit— but rather, to stop right before impact.

a third punch comes like a surprise geyser, barreling from down below to come toward razz's stomach.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 2:57:21 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Right, think you got this?" he questions Salem who is on the shoulder of his blind side. Salem gives a meow as Noah comes at them. He's able to move right as the Gym leader goes left, and left as the gym leader hits right. Though just judgement of it seemed off, and without knowing the Gym leader was going to stop Salem cast REFLECT.
[Break][break]

The barrier is enough block the attack thankfully, on instinct his body moves to strike back. But stop as he pulls back a fist. Right this was just blocking and dodging, nothing else. "Like that then?" he questions though feels odd about it as it wasn't like he did anything there

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 5:00:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 it may have been a frustrating sequences of punches— but noah's smile grows wider with every whiff. as razz bobs back and forth, side to side, salem's earlier meow becomes an endearing echo that is swift to charm him.

his uppercut strikes a solid barrier. thwonk. the invisible shape glistens once like an iridescent wave of a mussel's inner shell. noah tilts his head, eyes wide and in curious circles. however, razz' fist comes close. spares noah a quiet mercy.

the gym leader raises his brow. "that's what i'm talking about." noah relaxes his limbs, facing the ranger with pride lifting his lips. "you two picked it up pretty quick. how long have you known each other?" a finger flicks between the two faces: human and feline.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 19:07:03 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

When the Gym Leader relaxes Razz tries to imitate the motion, stepping back shaking his hands as if to try and shake out the stress in his muscles. Though with the way his shoulders were still raised it didn't work as well as it intended too. The young man just shrugs about picking it up quickly. "Learned how to fight as a kid for... self protection stuff so had some uhh foundation, just sorta stopped after the injury," he shrugs thinking of times as a kid where his mother or would show him things. Though there is a sting on the tongue while he as to lie of his reason for learning. [break][break]

Razz looks down in some thought at the question as it has been a long time since Salem and his sister hatched from an egg. "Uhhh I think I got them from an egg when I was 12? So eight years?" he'll take a glance at Salem, "You're old," he jest while Salem just gasp and playfully hisses back in shock. Especially since jokes from his trainer were rare.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 2:53:09 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "rough childhood, huh?"

noah allows a frown to manifest— but it does not linger for long. sympathy is no medicine for a past of bruises and broken bones. it is a salve that stings more than soothes.

"from an egg. cool, man. you two are real tight it looks like." noah says. "so you're scared of putting him in danger, but we should ask salem whether or not he minds being in the thick of a fight." he folds his arms, stance firming as if to solidify his own opinion.

"don't you think so?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 12:32:16 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“Yeah… just a bit,” he was underselling it of course. But at least it wasn’t a lie. [break][break]

Razz can’t help but fold his own arms in protest to the other. His only visible eye narrowing, making it slightly clear that he didn’t entirely care for this line of questioning. Razz might favor allowing his pokemon to do what they want rather than what they were told like he used to. [break][break]

Some orders he felt needed to be listened to. Though it seems like Salem doesn’t agree as the cat jumps off his shoulder and stands in front of the Gym leader with the same crossed arms. Salem has been with Razz for a very long time. They were what gave him the courage to fight back against his father years ago. [break][break]

So the idea of losing him… [break][break]

“I don’t, but something tells me he agrees with you”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Blind Side
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 7:14:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as if they were a set of matryoshka dolls, the gym leader and feline stand in perfect mimicry. the repetition of form canonizes the answer. emphasizes the emotion put forth for consideration within this gym's halls.

for noah understands razz's concerns. despite stretches of peace— team rocket's influence is ceaseless sandaconda shifting underneath hoenn's sands.

"i think so too." noah laughs. "i know how you feel, razz. do i ever wanna lose cobra?" his machamp grunts in response, arms arched in defiance of future fates. "no, but know he'd give his life for me no matter how much i say no."

noah sighs. a loose one. lighthearted and weightless.

"it's in the nature of pokemon. y'know?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Blind Side
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 2:47:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger bites his lip, unsure of what to do and not used to Salem going against him like this. There there would always be things here and there, but more encouraging pushes that pushed him. Most which he could get behind, but not like this. Though with Noah helping the cat double down on such a condition well…. ”Yeah I suppose it’s in their nature,” especially with the protective nature Meowstic had. ”Hopefully it won’t have to come to that though,” he shrugs as he looks to Salem and gives a small reluctant nod. The cat smiling and then going back to join the ranger on his shoulder. [break][break]

There is a crack of his neck as he tries to loosen up. ”Mind trying a few more rounds before I go?” with that he’ll put his fist up for at least a few more tries.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Blind Side
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 23:01:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: