he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 1:57:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The ranger relaxes a bit as the race is over between his Sharpedo and Empoleon, the ending being near one of several underwater entrances to the City. Salem is cheering on top Azulon as he is very proud they won this time around. Both the Empoleon and black Meowstic share a little high five as Razz rolls his eye before patting Duke, "Maybe next time," he attempts to cheer up the grumbling as Aqua comes out of his pocket from his phone to give the ranger the updates. [break][break]

While Aqua informs him of their speed in comparison to last time, Salem points toward the water as he could sense someone coming.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 2:55:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan clung onto the back of Freya as she surged through the water effortlessly, almost struggling to keep on with how fast she was moving. This was how he preferred to bond with his Pokémon, bring them to their natural environment instead of forcing them to adapt to his own. Most members of Team Rocket preferred to break their Pokémon into submission, treating them like property instead of partners, and frankly the idea sickened him. Rowan believed that mutual respect was the true path to unlocking the strength of his Pokémon, and he wouldn’t be dissuaded otherwise.

A gentle pat against her scaled hide indicated for Freya to surface above the water, bringing herself and the trainer upwards. “Good work.” Rowan offered the compliment towards Freya, before climbing off her back to wade in the water himself. Eyes shifted to his nearby Lapras, floating listlessly in the waters with Mistral lounging in the sunlight on her back. “Are you going to do any training today, or just be lazy as usual?” Rowan called out jokingly towards the Piplup, only to receive a series of annoyed trills in return.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 3:47:36 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Other water pokemon around wasn't anything new. In fact it would be wrong if you didn't have one, however the person who emerged from the water was different than most. The two tone hair was quite defining to say the least, the voice also very familiar. While the ranger doesn't want to jump the gun he rather be safe the sorry. Taking out a couple of pokeballs to call out a couple of pokemon out as a just in case. He tells Salem the orders so that he doesn't have to. He wants them on alert as a just in case, but hopefully he was wrong. [break][break]

With Alabaster on his shoulder Razz pats on the sharpedo's fin to get closer while the others hung back. Make sure nothing happened as a just in case he was wrong. Swimming over the Sharpedo slows down as they get closer to the probable 'stranger,' "Hello there," the ranger greets, pretending to be friendly for now, the ranger is looking for any hint of recognition from the other as he knows someone hiding half their face like he did was near non-existent, "Don't get to see many lapras around here, did you find them around here?" [break][break]

Try to be friendly first to not scare them away.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 2:39:16 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hmm?” Rowan turned his head to look for the source of the voice, eyes widening slightly as a familiar visage sat before him atop a Sharpedo. “Good afternoon.” Outnumbered and outgunned, if the Ranger recognized him as one of the members of Team Rocket that was at the Cave of Origin then this was about to become far more difficult of an afternoon than he’d anticipated on. “I didn’t actually.” Rowan grabbed onto one of the bumps of the Lapras shell, pulling himself onto their back and taking a seated position atop her.

“Found Nix here as an abandoned egg and hatched her myself.” A hand raised to gently stroke the elongated neck of his Lapras, sensing the tenseness in her that she likely saw from him. “Do I know you? You seem strangely familiar.” Of course Rowan knew who this was, it would be difficult to mistake the one-eyed man even though he’d only seen him in the confines of a dark cave.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 5:41:17 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger only vaguely pays attention to the other as for once he is trying to pay attention to subtlety. Its not his strongest point, he admits this as the only thing he real notices is the way the other's eyes widen but he could only guess. Was it surprise? Recognition? Razz doesn't know, he really needs better lessons in reading other emotions that negative ones. "That's cool," he attempts to be loose like so many others, Razz does what he can to adopt the same carefree persona he pretended to have while he played 'Ashton' for . Its a tad harder without the mask. [break][break]

"I have a bit of a rarity myself," he admits as shows off the Litwick on his shoulder with the magenta colored flame rather than the normal blue one most other Litwick had. "Even does a trick," he admits as he snaps his fingers once to have Alabaster get moving and pretend to use Will-O-Wisp as Razz cast his Terrain of Truth. Honestly he thinks they're getting pretty good at it as the purple Will-O-Wisp surround them both. [break][break]

Got him now. [break][break]

"Admittedly there is something familiar with you, that two tone hair doesn't seem too common, you've seen me before right? At the Cave of Origins?" hopefully he wasn't wrong about this otherwise he feels like there is going to be another lecture about how to properly treat civilians.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 7:25:41 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Cave of Origin? Can’t say I’ve ever been there.” Rowan reached for the satchel that was tied around one of the notches of Nix’s shell as he spoke, digging inside for something. “Pretty sure that it’s closed off to civilians, isn’t it?” Grip found purchase around the handle of a knife that he’d brought along free Pokemon from errant fishing nets, though has found a new use in his hands.

“I think you might have me confused with someone else.” He wouldn’t make a move to attack the Ranger at the moment, intending to keep his civilian identity free from any outrageous crimes against the League. “I’m just here to visit with a friend of mine and do some Pokemon training.”
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 8:04:55 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The fire around the two of them would change from purple to as blue as Reshiram's eyes the moment the other spoke giving Razz all the answers he needed. "Aqua record," he would tell the Rotom in his phone as he notices the other going for his satchel. This would be proof of anything should the other try to get violent. It turns back to purple when questioning about it being closed off to civilians, an interesting choice of words seeing as that's how he phrased it when telling the Rockets go back. Then blue again about having him confused for someone else. As usual Razz makes sure to not flip the switch in his mind when [break][break]

"I'm not sure if you've been paying attention but I can clearly see when you're lying," he comments as he points to one of the flames behind him that he knows would be in the other's view point. "Look I don't want to turn you in, I just want to talk," he hopes that the fact that the flames aren't changing would he sign to the other that he was being truthful. Though he knows for himself with the lack of bite on his tongue. [break][break]

"Can we?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 19:59:54 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Cover was blown, and the Ranger knew exactly who he was. Furthermore, the flames that surrounded him seemed to be a lie detector machine of some kind. “I see.” Rowan released his grip on the knife, letting the weapon drop loose into his bag once more. “You want to talk?” Confusion caused an eyebrow to arc upwards, unsure why the Ranger wouldn’t want to arrest someone he knew was associated with a so-called ‘terrorist organization’.

“Alright, then. We can talk, but I’m not going to tell you anything about that operation.” Rowan had seen what happened to those that betrayed Rocket first hand, he wasn’t about to be murdered for divulging information to an agent of the League. “I have questions of my own, anyways.”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 20:33:19 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“That’s fine I wouldn’t expect you to, I could tell just by looking at you in the cave that you probably haven’t been with them long,” he gives the other a sad yet questioning look, “Do you know what they do with people who talk?” Has someone talked? He has a feeling that possibly yes considering how they came across the information that Rocket was going to head to the cave. So the real question was did they find them? [break][break]

“Feel free to ask, I suppose, I’ve already played this game with your red head colleague.” Maybe he’s throwing her under the bus by saying this, but he wants to show willingness on his side. [break][break]

“Did you join willingly? How long have you been with them if you don’t mind me asking,” personally he can’t see more than 2 months. But he could be wrong.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 21:29:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan nodded slightly in response to their first question, a solemn look on his face. “I’ve seen first hand what happens, and I don’t want to end up on the wrong end of that.” Memories of Thomas and Aoi were fresh in his mind, unable to see anything but their faces when he closed his eyes some nights. “I trust that you don’t want the same to happen to me, if you cared enough to have this conversation.” Subtle, but another indicator that he wouldn’t be answering any questions about the organization itself and only those that pertained to himself.

“Willingly is a bit of a strong word.” Rowan admitted, shifting his weight on top of the Lapras to get into a more relaxed position. “I didn’t have much of a choice. There are people that would want to see me disappear, and I couldn’t trust the League to keep me safe.” Ever since the Ultra Beast War, the Wrynn family had been working rather intimately with the League as both a benefactor and contributor, he couldn’t risk the exposure. “I’ve been with them a couple months now.”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 22:15:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm sorry you had to witness that, I hear those can be rough as an understatement," but he nods to the other, "I understand, if it clears any of your paranoia one of our pokemon could battle so if you feel anyone is watching you you can just claim that this was a simple trainer battle" he offers as he gestures mostly at his Empoleon. It wasn't unheard of that some untrustworthy Rockets were watched from a far. Pictures taken to be used later and questioned. [break][break]

Razz has some surprise when the kid doesn't ask any questions of his own, but he'll take advantage of it. As there is some concern with how his flames don't change when the other claims being in danger. "You know that's something they do often right? Pray on those in low places to promise protection, make you stronger, but fail their test and you just become fodder. [break][break]

"You haven't been there long you might have a chance to get out before they make you a murderer like the rest of them"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 0:14:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“No one is watching me.” Rowan assured them, confident he’d lost any tail he might have had on the way to Sootopolis City. “Besides, your flames would be what alerts anyone.” Amber eyes glanced towards the globes of fire, suggesting that perhaps they should dismiss them, though he had a suspicion that the Ranger wouldn’t.

“I’m well aware of their tactics, but I much prefer them to the alternative.” He’d much rather be dead than ever return to the miserable existence that awaited him back in Galar. “All I need to do is keep my head down until I get what I need, then I’ll re-evaluate.” Rowan may have seemed calm and collected on the outside, but there was inherent dishonesty to his icy approach. The truth was, he was terrified of what might happen to him. “My turn, where did you get your Shadow Pokémon?”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 0:41:32 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

He doesn't answer. [break][break]

The offer was for the other's possible paranoia not his own as he doesn't care who is watching. So of course there is no interest in the flames going down. "Its useful, you can't lie to me and I can't lie to you," there is a sting in his mouth there of course. Though he'll curse out the dragon another time. [break][break]

"So you're trying to use them? I can let you know now that's not a good idea, when you sign up with them they own you," Razz really isn't sure if the other understands. "Keeping your head down won't stop them from making you do what they want." [break][break]

He tilts his head curiously at the question he ask. Guess him and the red head don't get a long if he is going to ask him the same questions. Though probably better for him in the long run so sure he'll play the broken record, "Slateport"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 1:34:00 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Means to an end.” Rowan couldn’t lie to the Ranger, so he didn’t. “When I have what I want, it won’t matter. No one will own me, ever again.” Venom was thick in his words, though not directed towards Razz. “I fought nineteen years for my freedom. I’m not afraid to do the same again.” He was, and the flames could tell.

There was truth in their words, however. “I’ll do what I have to do to survive, always have. Just a different venue, different people.”  Life had taken its pound of flesh from Rowan, that much was obvious. Even in his youth, he was jaded beyond his years.

A new curiosity overtook his original interest in the Shadow Pokemon, so this time the line of questioning changed. “How do you know so much about them? Team Rocket.”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,231 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Word of Warning
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 2:53:51 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz is quite as he speaks, gives a worried 'hmmm' because he honestly feels like the other is getting in over his head thinking he could so simply fight back. Though it wouldn't be like he would be the first, he was able to get away with his life thankfully. And he knows when Rocket disbanded after the failure of Johto some were able to escape. He will ignore the other's lie about being afraid because he honestly should be. [break][break]

"Do you honestly think you can escape being the same person? What will you do when they ask you to kill for the first time?" he can't help but question, "There are ways to get out now, before they make you do something you'll end up regretting." Razz knows a lot about having blood on his hands and he hopes this kid would never have to have that feeling. [break][break]

"I was in Kanto during the war," he won't say which side. "So I can tell the difference between the cold blooded murderers they were and when I saw you in the cave," a pause. [break][break]

"That's not meant as an insult by the way"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social