1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Soft Drink, Hard Bargain [Closed]
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 13:48:47 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Walter, was it?" Zac asked, sticking out one wet and sandy hand for 's butler to shake. "I'll be done in a sec, just have to finish counting these eggs. Hold this for a sec, wouldja?" Zac handed the butler a bucket full of sand, colored glass, and a single large shell before he got back down on his knees and finished scooping the eggs out of the Caracosta nest. "One of the first nests of the season, I reckon. In a few months there whole place will be swarming with them." 
    Zac lined up the eggs, counted them, weighed a few, and scratched all the info down in his notebook. He would send the info to the Rangers when he got home.    
    He was finished in under five minutes, and in five minutes more he was showered and sitting in the back of a very nice car. His bucket of glass and shells was double wrapped and tucked safely in his duffel bag in the car trunk. "Bust for a battle location," Zac said, chatting just to fill the empty air. "Way too much wildlife around the place. Beautiful spot for a swim though." The ride was exceedingly pleasant, and it wasn't long before they arrived at their destination. 

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 19:01:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
[attr="class","gold"]words
[attr="class","gold"]notes
ulla
[attr="class","sun"]One by One
I'm addicted to the panic
Walter would aid the man that he was sent to fetch by his master without any complaint after all, it wouldn't do good to sour this mans opinion of Amor before they even met. So he held the bucket that was handed to him, and then gave it back as the man finished up his excavation at the beach. Quietly he watched until they went back to the car, and soon they were off to the manor. They were still working on finding a more appropriate place to host meetings, but for now the manor would suffice, and his Master wasn't in a hurry to buy more property in a foreign land he knew nothing about.

"I would agree, that it is quite scenic, but most places in this region are scenic..." Walter replied as they drove up to a set of wrought iron gates. Tapping something on his wrist the gate slowly swung open, and then they entered the estate that Amor had purchased for his stay in Hoenn. It was on the outskirts of Lilycove, but close enough that the city was within a few minutes of a drive if they needed. "Welcome to the Rose Estate..." Walter explained as they drove along the long drive way in front of a small mountain, and then they parked. Once again tapping his wrist the wrought iron gate closed, and he stepped outside of the car to let the large man out.

Amor was waiting in the garden for his guest to arrive, and as Walter led Zac over to Amor he stood up straight. He was dressed for business today, so he was sporting a black Kalosian suit, and a smile on his face.

"Ah good...I am glad to see you were able to make some time for this. Welcome to my home Mr. Ramsay...Walter would you fetch me a pitcher of lemonade, and anything that Mr. Ramsay would like to drink as well." Standing still a small flash of yellow fur would zip by, and leap up onto his shoulder as Adontis, his Pichu, perched on him, and eyed the newcomer.. "Well while we wait for our drinks...I hope the day finds you well? You are my first guest since I've moved here as I've been busy settling in, so do forgive any mess that you might see." he smiled brightly at the man as he ruffled Adontis's fur.

"So do you know why I asked to meet with you?"

(Amor's Manor)

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .gold]opacity:1;transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=La Belle Aurore]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 11:14:38 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Pleasure to meetcha mate!" Zac said, thrusting out an almost sand-less hand for Amor to shake. "Mr. Rose, was it? Please, call me Zac." He gave Amor a grin that politicians and conmen alike would kill for. On them, it would have looked practiced and surface level, but coming from Zac it felt warm as an April sunbeam and came as easy as sleeping in on Sunday. This was a grin that stretched right down to Zac's heart. 
    "Lemonade for me too Walter, if that's easiest," Zac said, turning the same smile on to the butler. He reached into his duffel bag and pulled out a can of Charja-cola, which he cracked open. He took a long pull, feeling the effects immediately. The fog of encroaching exhaustion cleared, his pupils dilated, and he pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth, enjoying the acidic tang of the powerful soda. "You want one?" He asked, holding a can out to Amor and then to Walter. "No worries about the mess, mate. I'm going through a bit of a renovation myself," Zac said, understating the issue by a few orders of magnitude. In reality, there were a family of Rhydon currently occupying his home. He'd been sleeping outside for the last week. 
    "Judging from the message you left you're interested in Charja-cola," Zac said, tapping the can with his free hand. "And I can't say I blame you. There's nothing like it on the market, that's for sure." He took another deep drink, finishing off the can, which he stuck in his bag. He would recycle it later. 
    Zac looked around the gorgeous, well manicured garden, and then down to his feet where the foliage was already growing out of control. Zac couldn't control his Grassy Terrain, and the hard work of Amor's groundskeepers was quickly unravelling. "Sorry about the mess, mate. Not much I can do about it. Let's head inside before it becomes a problem, ay?" He asked, following Amor. He resisted the urge to crack open another can of Charja-cola, Hoenn's most refreshing beverage. "So what did you have in mind?" 

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 14:57:38 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
He shook the much larger mans hand easily, and smiled when he was referred to as 'Mr. Rose' despite how much he did business it did always catch him a bit off guard when people referred to him with such honorifics. How many times had he told Walter to just call him Amor, but the old man kept up the guise of a professional at all times. It was almost stifling, it would be nice when his daughter, , came here. She wasn't so formal with him, at least not anymore, there was a point that she was, but that stopped one day. She had given him a egg, and it hatched into a lovable Pichu, and from that day forward Amor refused to let her call him Mr, Master, Sir, or anything of the like. Shaking his head from the happy thought, he nodded to Zac.

"I can do that...And you just call me Amor. Can't have you being all honorific if I'm not." he smiled brightly at the man, and when he pulled out a can of Charja-Cola, and offered one to Amor he politely declined. "I don't wanna ruin the taste of the lemonade with a pop beforehand..." he laughed, and then watched as the man seemed to have some strange ability to make the grass grow. "That is curious...But yes we can move inside, and you are correct I am interested in the company that you singlehandedly saved. Kudos to you for managing to swoop in before me...It is not often that someone beats me to the punchline." he laughed again as they entered the foyer of his home.

It was a large white room, that was seemingly made of marble with two staircases that curved upward on either side. A large crystal chandelier hung above, and there was a piano housed on this floor. As they came inside Walter reappeared with a tray in hand, and two lemonades on top of it.

"Your drinks, sirs. Is there anything else that you require?" the aged man asked them both as Amor grabbed both glasses, and handed one to Zac.

"Not right now Walter, go enjoy yourself for the rest of the evening. If something else is needed I'll bother one of the other staff, besides we have to prepare for a celebration." he beamed at Walter, and the older butler chuckled in return, not saying anything else, but bowing, and leaving. "Now as for what I have in mind...I'm going to be honest, the Charja-Cola brand is terrible...Who wants to drink from an insect? It's gross to be frank, and if you accept my proposal, and my money we have to rebrand it into something better. From a business perspective people have a weakness for things that are adorable, and can appeal to the masses. Charja-Cola doesn't do that." he tapped his cheek as he rambled on.

"So the first thing we have to do is come up with a new brand name, but ah oh yes I was going to buy some equity, and invest. As for how much I am willing to invest, thirty million is my starting price. I will give you fifteen million upfront so that you can get things running again, get the plant up to code, make sure everything is sanitary, and so forth. Hire some competent people to work on this product, and whatever else is required. I will put another fifteen million into the company, once I have seen it's potential, it's popularity, and the demand. Which I think is fair as I get to watch how it goes, and is handled." he explained to Zac, he wasn't sure how business savy the man was, but it was just Amor's way of not dumping all his chips onto the table at once, and spreading them out depending on how successful the venture was.

"So if that is acceptable to you, I will simply have the money wired to your business account to use as you see fit. I do have two requests however. One is that a flavor of our new drink be named Pichu Peach, after my friend Adontis here..." he stated, scratching the ears of the electric mouse that was on his shoulder. "And the second is that we give a boy by the name of a job in the advertising section. We can start him out small, and if he shows promise I want him to star in commercials of our product." Amor had apparently thought out far in advance of just how big this new business could potentially be. "I'm even willing to pay extra to accommodate these requests." He stated to Zac as he took a drink of his lemonade, and waited for the man to process the avalanche of information he just spouted.

(The Foyer)

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 3:08:27 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Amor it is then," Zac said happily, hearing the man's name for the first time. There had been no name left on the answering machine. He found a seat away from any flowers or wooden furniture, and Amor got right down to business. Zac made note of the numbers. Big numbers. Big enough to deal with any production and marketing issues, present or future.  
    "I appreciate your enthusiasm Amor,"
Zac said, holding up a hand to indicate a pause in the negotiations. "and I've been looking to expand the brand. But I didn't buy Charja-Cola as an investment. Pretty much the opposite, actually," he said, laughing. "The company is a money pit! The drink is a liability, its main ingredient comes from an endangered animal, and I know the product is barely drinkable. To be honest I have no plans on changing that. I don't drink it for the flavor." 
    Zac stopped himself. He was rambling. He liked Amor. The man was professional yet not stuck-up, and was refreshingly direct. Zac respected someone who could say what they meant. As such, he didn't want to agree to anything until Amor had the full picture. There were some important details to cover before they got down to the bargaining.
    "I've had my eye on Charja-Cola for years. I'm surprised they were on your radar! I did some work for them in my youth, and when I bought up a shipment of their cola a few months back I heard rumors about their financial troubles. I'd been eyeing them ever since. They can't stop production Amor. I need that Cola." 
    Despite Amor's wealth and power, Zac got the feeling that the man didn't know who he was. He hadn't commented on the Grassy Terrain, but that may have been out of pure decorum. Zac hadn't seen any recognition in the man's eyes. That meant that he was either disconnected from Hoenn media, or was relatively new to the region. If they were going to work together, then Amor needed to know why Zac bought Charja-Cola in the first place.
    Zac drained the glass of lemonade and poured himself a refill. "What do you know about Avatars, Amor?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 14:25:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
He listened to the man, and the inflections of certain words, and his curiosity was piqued, to say the least. It wasn't that he was disinterested in the reason why this man was a walking fertilizer spreader, but Amor had met strange individuals before. What grabbed his attention was the reason why he saved the company. Apparently he needed the drink for some reason, an addiction perhaps? He would find out soon enough, because he doubted it was for sentiment that he saved the company from the brink of destruction.

"I make it my business to know about things that others might ignore. It's never the sword you see that cuts you down, Zac, that is a hard lesson I've had to learn before. Besides drink, and food is easy money if done properly..." he explained his reasoning as the man continued to speak, and continued to tease Amor's curiosity until he asked a question, that was unexpected. "What do I know about Avatars..." he tapped his cheek lightly as he thought.

"From the minute research I've been able to delve in, not much, but there are many legends. People with the power of the Gods is what they say...Strange powers, and the like, other than that not much, not that I believe these people have the power of gods." He stated with finality in his tone. It was a fact that no human could hold the power of a God, and there was only reason for that. Gods didn't bleed, but humans did. "My attention has been a bit preoccupied with other matters than to look into fairy tales if I'm being honest. Though I am curious..." He waved his hand out to his garden.

"I take it your green thumb has something to do with these Avatars?" A quirked brow was raised in expectation as he waited for an answer. Walter was nearby as he always was, calm, and collected as any good butler would be. Amor didn't feel like he was in danger from this man, but he had dealt with many types of his people in his life. People were like the weather, just because they were sunny one moment, didn't mean they couldn't rip your house apart in the next. Though he was prepared for either outcome, this man was big, and he didn't feel like fighting someone he knew was going to break at least a few of his bone. It would be annoying to say the least.

"Or are you going to tell me, you got strange abilities from that drink, and you have to consume it to keep them? Because that would be easier to believe..." He chuckled a little, perhaps poking a little bit of fun at the man, though it wasn't meant with malice. How ironic would it be if that drink was some sort of scuffed Super Soldier Serum...It would be both ironic, and tragic, because that would complicate his standing.

Please let me be wrong...

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:38:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Super soldiers? Nah it just helps me stay awake! Ever since Tapu Bulu made me his Avatar, coffee just doesn't cut it anymore," Zac said, snapping open another can of the caustic soda. 
    Between the coverage of the Vital Spirit festival, the recent AQUA initiative, and his own extensive vlogging, the famously slothful Tapu Bulu was the most well known legendary Pokemon in Hoenn--and without a doubt Zac was the most public avatar.
    "Half the reason I bought up Charja-Cola is because it's the only thing that keeps me awake these days!" Zac said, eyes crinkling with laughter.
    Even to the lighthearted Zac, something about the casual dismissal of Charja-Cola's trademark look had rubbed him the wrong way. And if that hadn't been enough, then Amor's refusal to share a can raised one hell of a red flag. "The other half is... sentimentality. I've got a long history with the brand. They were my first sponsor back when I started vlogging." He finished off the can and set it down on a table that must have cost more than Zac's house. It gave him a moment to phrase what came next. To soften the blow. Zac hated telling people 'No'.   
    "I think you've got things a bit twisted mate. I'm not here to discuss how to overhaul the brand. I've got no plans to change it." Zac met his eyes. "The packaging may not be sleek and minimalist, but that's half its charm! It's always been a cult hit, and a lot of that comes from its unique niche."
    Zac slipped into his biologist skin as quick and smooth as a sip of Charja-Cola during a day at the beach. He gestured as he spoke, breaking down the hierarchy of Hoenn's soda industry. "Up top you have Zapsi and Dr. Pika. Those are the big players, right? They're clean, they're expansive, their over-produced and underflavored, and they take the Pyroar's share of the market." Zac made a motion as if carving off a big chunk of a circle. "Speaking of which, PyRAW is another up an coming player. A spicy energy drink, made with Liechi and Tamato berries? Now THAT'S a good example of a brand that knows its niche. It's a drink. It's a salsa. In a pinch you can shake up a can and use it to mace an attack in a dark alleyway. A soda and a self-defense tool?" Zac shook his head in amazement. "They saw something missing from the market and they went for it."    
    Zac wasn't finished. "OranGuru is another great example of a drink that knows how to work its niche. It's a health drink made by Pokemon. Combo of Sitrus and Oran. Squeezed and bottled up near Foretree. Both OranGuru and PyRAW fill clear gaps in the market left by the industry giants Zapsi and Dr. Pika."
    Zac brushed one giant hand to the side, as if clearing aside his visual aids. Sweeping the table clear for the main course. "Brands these days are too obsessed with looking clean and sleek. Not Charja-Cola! It's an ugly, gross, fusion of cola, energy drink, and nutritional supplement. Call that a gap in the market! They don't hide it either! Hell, they lean in. It comes in a can shaped like a bug for Arceus' sake! You squeeze it to get the stuff at the bottom out!" Zac laughed, crushing his own can to prove the point. "Charja-Cola knows what it is.  Sure it's not pretty, but it's got 110% of your daily dose of everything in it. Even some stuff you don't need! And it kicks harder than a Tauros."
    He looked around the interior of the plush manor. Everything was stunning, and the furnishings simply dripped with excess zeroes. Even Adontis looked like a purebred. 
    "Everything has its place, Amor. Even Charja-Cola."
    Zac stood up and stuck out his hand, warm as ever. The pair may not see eye to eye, but there was no bad blood here.     "If you're wanting to buy up a brand just to change it into something else then you'll have to look elsewhere. Sorry mate." Zac said apologetically. "I can put you in touch with some other people in the biz, though. I know some people over at Dr. Pika?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 13:03:48 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
Amor listened with interest as the man explained why he needed to consume the drink. Something about being an Avatar of the legendary Tapu Bulu, perhaps made him extra sleepy? Though Amor didn't interrupt he absorbed everything that the man explained to him, searching his face for the intent of lies, but he found none. Everything that this man in front of him spoke was the truth, and Amor could appreciate his honesty. Sure if Amor wanted to go for the industry giants, he could have, but Charja-cola was the one that had gone under, and he saw an opportunity however it seemed he had misunderstood this mans intent with the company. Amor had thought he wanted to make it a titan of the industry, but if he wanted to keep it as it was there was still no harm in lending a helping hand. Amor didn't dislike people like that.

"I see...So you being an Avatar I am guessing makes you sleepy easier? I am sorry I don't know much about any of this as I am still new to the region. Funnily enough from what you are describing to me sounds like a drink from another region I use to live in. It was called...Thunderbolt Energy, was said to pick a person up, and keep them going for hours after drinking it even if they were on the brink of exhaustion, though moderation was needed." he contemplated his next words very carefully.

"I apologize as I misunderstood your intentions with buying up Charja-Cola. When most people buy a failing company, their intent is to remake it, and lift it up to succeed so to speak. Had I known, or even just asked what your intentions were I could have approached this differently, but my eagerness betrayed me." he laughed a little, and stood up to shake his hand though he wasn't going to let this discussion end just here. "So let me start again then, now that I know what you want. If your aim is to not change anything, and keep it as it is, then I am still on board to help. However I think I'll change my motivations from money, to asking you questions about Avatars, since you are one. To be honest I have more money than I know what to do with, so even if this is a sink, it's not going to affect me much, and I'd rather have some fun." He understood what this man was after now.

While he wouldn't see any great returns on investing in this particular company there was still potential to be had, and he did want to help out that young man he had met.

"That is if I haven't offended you so much, that you no longer want to do business with me. I completely understand if that is the case, and as it stands it is your company I won't be bothered in the slightest if you refuse me." he nodded knowing that he should have gathered more information before speaking so impetuously, but what was done was done. "I will still ask that we give a young man a job in advertising however if you still accept me, he wants to be an idol one day, a Top Coordinator as it were, and I think starting him off helping advertise an outlier product like this will help him out. Build up a small fanbase that will ease him into the growing pains of the shoes he wants to fill one day." Amor had meant what he said to Casey, and he wasn't one to break his deals with people once they were made.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 16:12:56 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Thunderbolt, ay? I'll have to check it out! You wouldn't happen to know the main ingredient, would you?" Zac pulled out a little notepad, ready to take notes as needed. "I'm happy to answer any questions about Avatars. It's a bit of a hot subject at the moment, and if you're new to Hoenn it's best to bring you up to speed," Zac said, sitting again. The time for business dealings had passed, but he was still smiling, and perfectly happy to chat. He waved away Amor's worries. Zac may be wary, but he had skin as thick as an Aggron. "No harm no foul, mate," he said, grinning.
    "As for  I can't guarantee a job without speaking to him first! Do you have his email or something?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 15:43:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
When the man asked about Thunderbolt, Amor had to give him a sad smile, and little shrug.

"Unfortunately, I do not, I just know what was said by others." He laughed a little, feeling a tad hopeless at the situation, but the man still seemed amicable to go into business together, and that was good enough for him. Especially when he agreed to answer his questions about Avatars, and Amor took Zac over to a more comfortable sitting area where they could chat while looking out the window to his gardens. "Ah yes a number...I do have one, I'll have Walter get it for you before you leave. I will say, he's a rather rambunctious kid, but he's honest. I like honest people who aren't afraid to chase after their dreams..." Amor said smiling sincerely as he seemed to be thinking about something, before turning his gaze back to Zac. "He's a good kid..." Amor said easily without the slightest breath of hesitation.

If there was one thing he was good at, it was gauging someone's potential, and if that boy had the mind to become a Gym Leader someday, then Amor would like to help in that endeavor. Dreams weren't things that should be strangled to death, and he had the power to help others achieve their desires now. What better way to use his wealth, and affluence than that?

"So on the topic of Avatars...Explain to me exactly what they are, how do they come to be? The legends I read say that a Mythical Pokemon will bestow it's power to someone it deems worthy...But I want to separate myth from fact. Are you normal humans with strange abilities, or just something else altogether?" Amor was trying to be delicate with his wording, but he only thought of people like that as myths, and fairy tales. To tell him otherwise right now, was going to take some doing.

He had witnessed people with strange powers on his travels before, but nothing quite on the scale that Zac was speaking of. There were always exceptions to the rules, but these were some pretty big exceptions to the rules that he was being told about right now. Because if it turned out to be true, that meant that his plan, his life long ambition had a chance to succeed, and that everything he had done up to this point wasn't a waste. Everything he had sacrificed, everything he had achieved leading up to that point, would be worth it, if there was any merit in this mans words, and Amor believed he wouldn't lie. Zac didn't seem like that kind of guy from the moment they had met.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 15:23:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Shame," Zac said, tucking away his notepad. "Let me know if you remember anything about it. Or get Walter to send it to me along with Casey's details."
    "It's pretty straight-forward, Amor. Sometimes legendary Pokemon notice a human and share some of their power with them. The legendary might witness a single, extraordinary act that aligns with their motives, or maybe they present themselves to the world and hold an audition of sorts," Zac smiled, "and sometimes it's just sheer luck!"

"As far as I know we're still people!" Zac said with a laugh. "Avatars just have a little something extra kicking around inside. That's all."    

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 12:38:56 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
ulla
He listened to the man explain exactly what Avatar's were to him, Amor simply absorbed the information, like a sponge to water, and he nodded. So it wasn't always specific, sometimes you just had to get lucky, or perform some feat that deigned you to be worthy of their power. This was perfect news to him, it meant that the goal he had set his sights upon so long ago wasn't out of the question at all, and that he might be able to achieve it feasibly. That was good enough for him, and he considered that payment enough for him to invest in Charja-Cola as a benefactor. Zac knew it was a sinking ship, and still wanted to save it, and from the information he had just gotten, that was enough for him to help back it. Plus publicity working with one of the more famous faces of this region would never be bad.

"I see...That is intriguing...So from what I've gathered from this conversation is that it is still a rare ordeal. Anyone has the potential to be an Avatar however, that even includes characters with a less savory attitude than yourself. Does the league look out for such individuals who would abuse this power?" For Amor that was a perfectly reasonable concern. These Avatars could cause some serious damage, and he wasn't naive enough to believe that they were all as altruistic as Zac here. Counter measures against ones that would want to hurt others had to be in place, and if there weren't what was the League doing?

It only furthered his intention to insert himself into the power of this region as he had done in so many before, though this one might be a little tougher due to the man known as Fernando Silph. Amor had yet to meet him, but he had an iron grip on this region, and he aimed to cut a few of those iron fingers free. He was strangling this region with his monopoly, and that is something Amor simply wouldn't let happen. Growth, and prosperity happened with competition, and he aimed to compete.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 8:40:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"There's A.Q.U.A," Zac said, "and they're the real oversight and training body. A group of avatars that are committed to helping the region. Battling major outside threats and all that." Several people had problems with the idea of a group meant to rally avatars to a singular purpose, but to Zac it seemed great! You needed a leader, and why not someone in the league?

"If a new avatar pops up, they try to recruit them. Of course, you can't force an avatar to join. It's not mandatory or anything, but there are some pretty good perks." Zac gave Amor a wink, hinting at the benefits of being a member of the most concentrated circle of power and money in the region. 

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 15:13:27 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The man mentioned a thing called A.Q.U.A to him, and Amor made a mental note to study that after this meeting was over, well study it more in depth. He could ask Zac about it, but that wouldn't be conducive to their current conversation, base information was good enough for the moment. So these A.Q.U.A people would track down fresh avatars, and try to enlist them into their work, which was presumably to save the world should threats arise that required such a thing. It was interesting, and perhaps after he researched it more he might be tempted, though he wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to be under the Leagues thumb. It was something to consider.

"So this A.Q.U.A recruits Avatars as a sort of threat deterrent for when things arise that are to big for any one person, or organization to handle on their own. That is curious...They are funded, and used by the League I presume?" He asked the question simply as he tried to understand, taking a sip of his Lemonade as he did so. So many powerful people gathered in one place did offer a host of advantages, but it also gave them a target.

If someone wanted to seize control of the region theoretically they should just target this place first rid the region of it's most powerful defenders, and then city by city crush the rest of the resistance. Of course you would have to either take over, or subsume rocket as well so they didn't try to overtake what you were aiming to do. It was like two nests of pests trying to annoy each other the most, is how Amor viewed both organizations. Their conflict, whatever it was for, was utterly pointless in his eyes, and served no purpose save for death, and destruction.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 12:46:32 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Makes sense, right? You'd need some serious muscle to beat a single avatar, let alone a whole squad of 'em!" Zac laughed, and started to stand up. "Speaking of, I'd better be heading off. I've got some A.Q.U.A stuff to get sorted before I'm done for the day." He reached out to shake with Amor. The meeting had taken a pleasing turn back into friendly business, but there was only so much time in the day. "That's about as much as I can tell you anyway without breaking NDA." Zac tapped his nose and winked. There were plenty of little secrets about the powerful organization, but Zac's lips were sealed. "A.Q.U.A itself isn't a secret or anything, so you can always just check it up online or contact 's office and ask her people some questions."