Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 16:05:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

at the appearance of the small mint colored pokemon, riley's attention shifts. the canine's head tilts ever so slightly, small hackles raise, and her tail straightens. with purposed curiosity, she approaches the smaller pokemon, sniffing him.

greyson watches their exchange with a small smile. like gwen, he had removed his shoes and coat as he made his way further inside. but, the appearance of a familiar face makes him pause.

"hi hugo. good to see you again."

greyson waves, no hard feelings over their previous meeting. after all— it led him to gwen.

he perks up like a watchhog at gwen's suggestion, his smile spreading further. inside, his heart beat a thousand miles a minute.

"i'd.. like that actually."

he made his way to the kitchen and began taking a number of items out.

"did you want a drink? i've got water, wine, or i can maybe mix us something, too."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 16:44:05 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Hugo stands stiffly, petrified as a cold nose nudges up against him to inhale deeply. Gwen breathes out a quiet chuckle before leaving them to it, as in the process, the Ralts had let go of her leg.[break][break]

Greyson's greeting to the little Pokemon goes unanswered while the child remains frozen and wholly absorbed in Riley's greeting. He'd let out a soft, relieved sigh and melt into a trembling puddle the moment the Bolthund let up.[break][break]

Meanwhile, the woman waits expectantly for Greyson's answer regarding her joining him in making dinner. She realizes only after she's asked that perhaps she was too forward. But she had never had idle hands, and more often than not she had been Amor's personal chef. To have the roles reversed was uncomfortable to some degree.[break][break]

"Water is just fine. Iced, maybe, actually."[break][break]

She smiles, following him to the kitchen. His excitement goes virtually unnoticed, as she continues to idly glance back at Hugo to keep a slight eye on him.[break][break]

"Did you want me to pull anything out?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 17:12:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

where hugo is a skittish and uneasy, riley is daring and curious. her wet nose lingers mere inches from his face, taking in the psychic-type's scent. after a moment, she licks the ralts, a small spark dancing over her tongue. greyson knew from experience that the experience was like licking batteries, only, this one licked back.

"iced water coming right up."

he takes a glass out of the cabinet, carefully examining it in front of him, hiding the action from gwen. he didn't want a spec of food or something to ruin the night. that'd be embarrassing.

"uhm."

he hesitates, turning his attention back to her. the rattling of the ice from the fridge as it pours into the cup shakes him free of the momentary stupor. he shifts to the water filter, allowing it to fill.

"did you want to prepare the potatoes? i hope you're a fan of them being baked."

once finished, he placed the cup down near the woman.

"or there are a few vegetable options, if you wanted to choose."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 18:04:24 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

A wet tongue and a sizzling sensation, or tingling, or whatever it was that supercharged the surface of his skin makes Hugo twinge in surprise. Or.. maybe he's genuinely paralyzed now.[break][break]

Gwen waits patiently in the kitchen, drifting to a spot near the countertop so as to not hover in the middle of nowhere. Her fingers smooth over the surface idly, while her eyes wander to take in the room. She settles on nothing in particular, neither focusing on beauty nor blemishes. Eventually, her attention resettles on Greyson when she hears the familiar ping of ice cubes being dropped into a glass container.[break][break]

"Potatoes? Sure, okay."[break][break]

She hesitates for a moment before catching sight of the bag relaxing against a wall in the pantry. Gwen glances back at him briefly, almost as if she's asking permission to help herself, but ultimately moves toward the pantry anyway. [break][break]

And then, while Greyson finishes preparing her water to set it on the counter where she once stood, Gwen returns to lift the bag onto the counter.[break][break]

"Do you have a basin to wash these in?"[break][break]

And of course, she brushes past him to wash her hands and reach for her water, taking a small sip.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 19:40:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"hm, it should be around here somewhere."

greyson crouches under the sink, grabbing a... strainer?

"uh, will this do? best i got, i think."

he hands over the stainless steel, turning to the pokemon near the door.

"riley, leave the poor thing alone. go to the couch, please."

the boltund's head snaps in greyson's direction, then, with a soft whine, moves to do as greyson asks.

"sorry 'bout her. she's easily excited."

patting the top of his own head, he exhaled. then, he moved to prepare the large steaks.
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 19:48:47 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"Yes! That's perfect, thank you!"[break][break]

He hands her the strainer and she takes it, fingers smoothing over the hundreds of holes in the bottom. She sets to work immediately, the quiet sound of water running off and on as she rinses each one carefully. [break][break]

On occasion, her hair falls forward into her face, prompting her to tuck and retuck it over and over. She is just above to peruse for a fork and tray desired to bake the potatoes when she catches Greyson staring after and chastising the Bolthund.[break][break]

"Oh-- that's alright, really. Hugo's a bit too nervous, so this is probably really good for him."[break][break]

Frankly, the Ralts' shy demeanor was a bit concerning. She had had him for a few years now with no suggestion of growth or preparation to evolve. She had high hopes he'd grow into a formidable and noble Gallade one day- but his personality was severely lacking at present.[break][break]

"Ah.. which drawer is your cutlery? And.. how are you planning to set these? Barbeque, or oven, or?"[break][break]

She remains every polite and a little bit awkward, evidently out of place in an unfamiliar kitchen.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 20:38:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he catches glimpses and peeks of gwen as she tucks her hair behind her ear. he can't suppress the small smile that blooms in it's presence.

"is everything okay with him? if he needs a friend, i've got a another butthead that's full of personality."

he blinks.

"and just his size, too."

he works as he speaks, patting the meat dry with a paper towel. satisfied, he begins to apply the salt and pepper, pressing it into the meat with purposed pressure. finished, greyson holds his dirtied hands up, ears perking at he question.

"uh, the forks and knives and stuff are there." he points. "and uh, i was thinking stove top. is that alright?"

if she remains by the sink, greyson moves to stand next to her. he'd give her a playful hip bump, lips curling into a small smirk.

"here, scooch. let me wash my hands real quick."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 6:13:35 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"The more the merrier, he's not unfriendly, just shy."[break][break]

Gwen smiles, equally shy beneath his constant, ever vigilant gaze. It gives her a nervous, fluttery feeling in her chest that she can't shake, even when she glances away from him to return a moment later. Thankfully, his directions are a helpful distraction, and she roots through the drawer briefly to retrieve a fork. [break][break]

"I can make that work just fine."[break][break]

With a thoughtful hum, the young woman sets up the final touches, preparing the potatoes by poking dozens of holes in them and setting them onto the stove-top with practiced precision. Seasoned, prepared, and now hot, she turns back to face Greyson just as he bumps his hip against hers. [break][break]

"Oh, ahh-- sorry, am I in your way?"[break][break]

The playful bump is missed as an intention to be funny or cute. She merely steps aside and gives him full access to the sink. Instinctively, so as to be polite, Gwen keeps space between them.[break][break]

"Is there anything else I might be able to help with?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 6:49:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"no, no. never. sorry, a bad joke."

he chuckles sheepishly, running sticky hands under the warm water. after a few moments, a dash of soap, and a hand-towel later, he heads for his bag.

when greyson stands, he's holding a pokeball.

"let's see how they get along. to be honest, i've yet to name this little guy. still trying to think of something."

greyson chews on his inner lip, but releases the creature from the comfort of it's capsule. soon enough, a gible joins the motley crew of weirdos.

the land shark pokemon gives each living creature an appropriate amount of time under his gaze, then— starts to chew on a table leg.

a sigh slips past greyson's lips.

"like i said: a butthead."

he returns back to the kitchen as ellie floats over towards the gible, giving it an earful that sounded like the rustle of leaves on the wind. ellie loved playing bad cop.

he realizes his mistake quickly.

"what do you say we throw the potatoes in the oven and we'll cook the steak on the stove-top. might be easier."

he gives her another smile, this one apologetic. it was his idea of course to cook it on the stove-top.

"i'll start the steaks in a little bit, since the potatoes will cook for a while. would you like to join me on the house tour and then relax until then?

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 2:12:51 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"Oh.. okay."[break][break]

A bad joke? Had she missed something? Was she misreading the situation entirely? Warmth floods her face for a moment at the prospect. For a woman so attuned to reading intentions and expressions, with Greyson, she was lost.[break][break]

It takes her a moment to refocus, but she eventually pushes off of the counter to follow him as he releases the Gabite. At first, it seems that the little creature stares down each of them. In return, Hugo and Riley and maybe even Ellie all stare back for a long few moments. It almost feels tense- up until the Gible turns to chew on the furniture.[break][break]

Greyson sighs and Gwen's grey eyes rise to meet his. She says nothing at first, merely working to read him, to study him.[break][break]

"Hmm?"[break][break]

Only after he smiles at her, his expression apologetic, does she realize he'd been asking her a question. Gwen's eyebrows rise in surprise and she glances away.[break][break]

"That-- yes, that.. sounds better, probably. Baked potatoes.. probably better baked in the oven."[break][break]

She rubs the back of her neck awkwardly, nodding along with his decision to start the steaks later. Gwen blinks, studying him for a moment.[break][break]

"That sounds lovely."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 19:59:47 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he doesn't comment on the missed interaction. if it was awkward for her— it was twice so for greyson. best to drop it. combine that with the blunder of his potatoe directions, and... things needed to turn around and quickly, or else she wouldn't want to come back.

"that's my bad." he admits. "i've... never had someone else in my house before, so im kind of nervous."

after placing the potatoes in the oven, they make their way to the living room.

"well, you've seen the kitchen and bar area."

greyson unceremoniously moves his arm in the direction of the aforementioned kitchen.

"this is the living room. i think the pokemon spend more time in here than i do."

riley, the boltund, eyes them panting as she lifts her head up from the couch's cushions. saliva drips from her mouth, while in the background, the gurgling of his gible sounds from the walk-in. the living room is modest, and minimalistic. there's no real explosion of color, most of everything is either tan, brown or some color that goes well with it. the only real flavor was the half-a-dozen plants scattered in corners, a top shelves, and sitting outside.

greyson wasn't good at interior design, admittedly. it really needed a woman's touch.

next, he led her down the hall to a series of doors.

"this is a spare room. i'm trying to get a roommate to save some cash. that's the bathroom and shower. this is a sort-of closet things. i place towels and other random things i have no idea what they're for, in here."

he stops in front of the last door on the left.

"and finally, my room."

it's not a large bedroom, likely one of the smallest gwen has ever seen, with her profession. but it's comfortable. a king sized bed, a few dressers, a large mirror and a walk-in closet. it did what greyson needed it too. luckily, he had cleaned in the past few days and bought air fresheners. he was hyper vigilant of what people saw and smelled in his home.

"what do you think?"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 14:08:10 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The confusing instructions, the flush in his cheeks, the nervous energy that hung from the ceiling- Gwen was very nearly oblivious to it. Or at the very least, adamant about not expressing that anxiety. [break][break]

After all, every home was different, every person was different, and she had realized early on that people could be awkward and unusual when sharing their safe space with another person. Frankly, she still didn't understand it, but it wasn't her place to pry.[break][break]

The oven door closes and the potatoes rest inside, already set on their path to be baked.[break][break]

And Greyson begins to show her every room along the way, starting with the kitchen, making their way past the living room. Her attention falls on the Pokemon in the living area who were relaxing. They watch the couple in return as they make their way through and toward the spare room. [break][break]

For a moment, the view brings a sudden, solemn reaction out of her. It reminds her immediately of the quaint and fortunate living situations she and @lillith had found themselves in on occasion. 'Couch surfing' she'd heard it called. [break][break]

Greyson guides her away from the spare room, however, and down the hall to the last room on their stop. Gwen blinks, glancing into the man's bedroom.[break][break]

"It looks cozy. And it smells lovely."[break][break]

There is a slight, sly smile growing- although tentative, she is subtly playing upon a teasing remark.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 7:23:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson's breath catches. did she think the air fresheners were like... needed? he just enjoyed a fresh smelling home.

he didn't smell.

right?

he pushes the desperate plea to sniff himself and closed his door, patting his hair bashfully.

"it's not much, but, it feels like home."

well, once he added a few more plants. they always made things better.

greyson leads her back to the main room, sitting on the primary couch. he tilts his head back and catches the delphox's curious eye. her maw is twisted upwards in a sly smile and greyson quickly changes his attention elsewhere. what was she thinking in that devilish head of hers?

hoping gwen didn't notice, he tries to imitate comfort. or, as much comfort as one could have when their every thought was consumed by the idea that their entire home and life were being judged constantly.

why was this so nerve-racking?

he stands again just as suddenly.

"i think i need a drink."

he moves to the kitchen to fetch a bottle and glass of wine. inside he debates asking her if she too wanted one. hadn't she already refused? would it be rude to ask? would it be rude not too?

ugh.

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 14:13:59 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

She must be doing something wrong. [break][break]

She must be, because Greyson sucks in his breath as if insulted. He pats the top of his head, petting his hair flat. It's his nervous tick, she realised, his sign that he was uncomfortable. The only thing out of place, out of routine, was her. She was the anomaly.[break][break]

So she must be doing something wrong.[break][break]

The door to his bedroom closes with a soft click that felt more like an ultimatum, and Greyson turns to lead them both back into the living room. Gwen remains quiet, unsure what to say or do to alleviate the tension she feels building. He sits down, and just as she moves to sit, too, he springs back up to his feet.[break][break]

"Oh, okay!"[break][break]

Her voice portrays her own anxiety, but she forces a smile. In her lap, her hands fold over each other and nervously fidget, unsure what to do.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 18:38:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he was one that typically found comfort in the silence. but this... was awkward.

he pushes himself off the couch, nearly slamming his toe into the corner table. once inside the kitchen he does his best to calm the myriad of thoughts that tumble around in his brain. he absentmindedly grabs two glasses and a bottle of wine; something cheap, but still enjoyable.

"are you sure you don't want anything?"

he pours her a glass anyways, and brings it if she wants. a little wasted wine wasn't something that really bothered him.

eventually, after a few, stealthy, calming breaths, he returns to the couch. greyson puts on his best smile despite the blood pumping into his ears.

he starts off simple.

"that gig at the faire, was that temporary or do you do stuff like that a lot?"