Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 22:36:00 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

it was a short trip to the upper district of slateport city. the trains were packed and it was considered rude to talk loudly, so he settled with whispering bits of small talk. the view from the window captured his attention, but nothing did so more than the woman who'd agreed to join them.

"you look lovely today," he says, smiling like a fool.
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 23:06:12 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Admittedly, Gwen's attention is fleeting, unabashedly taking in everything around her with something akin to childlike wonder. Hoenn was new and unexplored, an exciting mishmash of culture that she'd yet to fully experience or understand. Unova had been busy and loud, vastly different from what she was now experiencing in Hoenn.[break][break]

So the rushing scenery outside the window was exciting, to say the least. [break][break]

Movement next to her and another sweep of the bus leads to the young woman catching Greyson's smile. She does a double-take, only realizing seconds later that he had said something. It registers slow, enabling for an awkward silence while she thinks. Instinctively, she smiles in response, but her eyes widen and she quickly glances down to her clothing to tug at her shirt.[break][break]

"Oh! Thank you, Greyson.. um.. you look lovely too."[break][break]

Once again, that nervous tickle of energy worms its way out. Her smile falters, suddenly nervous, and she puts that energy to use in smoothing her hand over her jeans, squeezing her knee. [break][break]

"Have you lived in Hoenn your whole life?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 23:37:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

while gwen seems to be working up the courage to feel comfortable in her skin, greyson embraces the cluster of nerves in his stomach. something about seeing someone else equally-or in this case, more- nervous awakened a desire to make them as comfortable as possible. he could forget his own social ineptitude if just to protect someone else from the same.

"thank you. i just threw something together. it's no big deal."

he smiles, but turns his attention to hoenn's landscape. the train nearing their station.

"i have. born and raised in oldale. it's actually not too far from here. i just.. don't come this way often." he finally turns again to her, taking her in. "what about you?"
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 23:58:49 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The truth was, she was used to wearing a suit, to stand alongside her father in a mirror image. But Walter had insisted that she wear something more casual 'so as to not intimidate the lad'. At the time it had confused her, but given the lack of formal attire on the train, she was slowly starting to understand what he meant.[break][break]

Gwen follows his gaze out the window and the train begins to slow down. She breathes out slowly through her nose, hand gripping her seat armrest.[break][break]

"Why is that?"[break][break]

His attention on her is, for some reason, dizzying. She reacts with bashful amusement, averting her eyes on occasion when the pressure of his intrigue makes her nervous.[break][break]

"I was born in Kalos, but I've done a lot of traveling since then. Sinnoh, Alola, Johto.. I just arrived here from Unova last week. Never in one place too long."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 0:24:31 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he hesitates. his face going through a myriad of emotions and conflictions before finally returning to something normal.

"my mother used to get sick a lot. my dad was never in town because of the work he did for the league. so i was always there to help out. couldn't go too far."

he hears the voice above them over the intercom inform them of the stops name. "i think this is us," he says, standing to move.

outside, he doesn't forget her words.

"wow. you've travelled a lot. i'm kind of jealous," greyson chuckles, scanning the ticket and moving past and out of the station. "always wanted to visit the other regions. see the different types of pokemon. that's really cool."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 1:24:05 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Gwen studies him a moment, desperately searching. Had she said something wrong? Her question seemed to draw sadness out of him, and although depicting emotions on anyone other than Amor was often difficult, Greyson's expression, his stress, was clear as day. It quieted her more than she already had been, curling her hands into her lap nervously.[break][break]

Should she say something? Should she apologize?[break][break]

But as quickly as that upset rises, it ebbs away as she exhales. He speaks, then, and she begins to understand. Empathy bleeds from her creased brows, warmth from her eyes.[break][break]

"Oh.. Greyson, I'm so sorry to hear that. But.. does that mean she's better now?"[break][break]

Her thought is interrupted and her chin lifts to the ceiling and to the LED lights announcing their upcoming stop. The voice over the intercom reaffirms, and Greyson stands up. She follows not far behind, carefully and politely picking her way around people until they both stand on the landing.[break][break]

Gwen smiles softly and glances up at him. She mirrors his movements, slipping past the ticket area and out of the station.[break][break]

"Perhaps one day you will."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 1:42:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

his violet eyes turn away ever so slightly, turning to a building of no importance.

"she's doing better now," he says, though his mind can't help but reaffirm the inevitable. for now.

"my dad's home with her now. they basically kicked me out to make sure i get to experience some things before i settle down." his chuckle is half-hearted, but he takes a deep breathe, pushing the flood back down. he's done it a thousand times. he'll do it a thousand more.

he'd crack one day, but, please, just not today.

"i really do hope i get to see the other regions though." his smile returns. "what made you guys move so much?"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 2:05:40 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

He looks away, and once again she feels a prickle of guilt. She's upset him, even indirectly. Pried into something sensitive that he evidently didn't wish to talk about, but for some reason felt obligated to share. It was an act of bravery, she realized; a strength she didn't possess, herself. [break][break]

She can hear that heartbreak in his laugh, in that desperate attempt to keep himself from drowning.[break][break]

It was the same self-control she felt in Amor, that unwillingness to be weak. But it wasn't a weakness to be honest with yourself and your emotions, it wasn't weak to shed one's armor and be vulnerable. She knew that even if she didn't practice it herself.[break][break]

So she lowers her head respectfully, glances away to take the pressure off of the man. It isn't her place to comfort him on something she didn't know about.[break][break]

"We.. wanted to see the world."[break][break]

It wasn't the entire truth, but it wasn't a lie. Traveling hadn't been her idea, it had been Amor's. No one had asked her to come with, however, there had been no obligation for her to match pace. She just had because she'd wanted to. She followed that man to the ends of the earth because he'd shown up on her doorstep, battered, bruised, burnt. [break][break]

So she'd stepped in to be his strength, and had been his shadow ever since.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:08:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson feels the tension from his somber mood. it's thinly veiled, but there. his guilt rises with it, but he presses on in hopes of turning it around.

"still, that's amazing. any place in particular your favorite?" it doesn't take a genius to see gwen's hesitation.

but he doesn't push.

"ah, i think i see it, too." his eyes, and finger, rise towards the massive dome-like structure, likely sized to incorporate all sorts of exhibits and fossils.

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:18:43 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Gwen breathes in with a soft noise that pulls her back out of her heavy thoughts. Frankly, she wasn't sure why the thought had gotten her so down. She had been ecstatic to come to Hoenn and reunite with her family. [break][break]

So she smiles, glancing back up at him.[break][break]

"Hmm... the cinnabon place in Nimbasa city."[break][break]

She had shed tears the first time she had ever had one. [break][break]

Greyson points, and Gwen follows. She tilts her head closer to him to follow the line of his finger through the crowds of people. She's searching, pressing closer to him but without touching, and then she lets out a gasp in awe.[break][break]

"Ohh.. c'est étonnant! It's so big!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:26:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"just the name sounds good," he admits. his love of cinnamon wasn't profound, but a good cinnamon bun? oh that could do wonders. he felt a small pang in his stomach, but pushed it down.

he was always hungry.

when gwen's voice takes on a different accent, he blinks in her direction. the momentary freeze aside, her excitement infects him; a plague he doesn't want to cure just yet.

"that was really pretty. did you study languages when you were young?"
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 8:36:11 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Gwen sighs, reminiscing with closed eyes and a pleasant, wistful smile. [break][break]

"It was good.."[break][break]

But when she reopens her eyes, his pretty purple eyes are watching her with owlish intrigue. It catches her off-guard and she hesitates, laughing nervously with quiet exhales under her breath. Warmth floods her cheeks not long after as a result of his compliment.[break][break]

"It's my native language, French. I.. suppose it is sort of pretty."[break][break]

She hadn't really thought about it. [break][break]

"But I have studied other languages as well. Every region speaks differently, altogether or more subtly."[break][break]

The walk-signal turns and they hesitate. People shuffle past them and she squeaks in surprise as they are jostled forward. She reaches to hold his upper arm, tugging him forward to follow the flow of traffic.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 17:50:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson bites back an apology, feeling in some small way that his ignorant comment offended her. but she didn't seem to notice, or perhaps, even mind. he decided against it.

"goes to show how uncultured i am," he says with a bit of a laugh. he follows when she reaches out to pull him, his other hand reaching out to place it a top of hers.

"still not used to big cities. everyone seems to be in a rush."

his eyes fall onto the massive museum a block ahead of them.

"i hope they aren't too busy."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 21:54:29 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"No, no, not at all. I've just never.. heard anyone say that it's pretty."[break][break]

He covers her hand in his and she tugs him along eagerly. Any discomfort from before is forgotten in favor of the museum. It is much larger up close, naturally, and abuzz with activity. From the looks of it, however, there isn't a proper ticketing area - it's open to the public.[break][break]

"Just hold onto me."[break][break]

Gwen winks, turning away as they reach the top step entering the building.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 3:28:09 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"it is really pretty! i like hearing it!" he says, laughing as he's pulled. her timid, reserved personality ripping away into something that's more akin to childlike glee.

"i won't let go," he promises, moving his arm so they're holding hands. he follows her in, happier to see her like this than he was even to be here.

they're lucky in the fact it's not filled to the brim with people. it was better that way. he could savor the time more. time here. time with her.