shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 22:21:30 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Gwen finds her knee bounces unawares, a nervous tick given the sudden stifling weight in the room.[break][break]

She's never done this before. Never found herself caught off-guard by a nice smile, never followed someone so brazenly into the unknown. She's always been careful, always been succinct in her observations.[break][break]
And yet when he nearly trips rising to his feet to escape to the kitchen again, she can't help but follow his path and smile.[break][break]

That smile widens, still shy, as he pours her a glass. She watches the liquid splash into its new container, but her eyes are quickly drawn back in by his question.[break][break]

"I.. yeah, I do, sort of. I do a lot of work as a butler or body-guard. I suppose that it isn't that glamorous, but I like what I do."
[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #D5A63D; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D5A63D; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 23:31:42 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson places her glass on the table in front of them, and under a coaster.

he wasn't an animal.

he tosses an elbow over the back-cushion, knee folding on the seat between them.

"bodyguard?"

his eyes widen a little, taking her in. she didn't seem the imposing, muscle-hulky type that usually took up that profession.

"how'd that come to be?"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 23:45:41 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","gwen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Gwen doesn't know what to do with her hands, let alone her knees. She sits stiffly on the couch, not because she wasn't enjoying herself, but because typically she was standing, acting like a shadow looming over the people she worked for.[break][break]

She wasn't on duty, so she felt out of place.[break][break]

It feels natural to reach for the glass, even if she just holds it in both hands. His eyes look her up and down and she blushes, tilting her chin up and away before returning to him.[break][break]

"Family business. Followed in my father's footsteps to make him proud, the whole nine yards."

[attr="class","ooc"] notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".gwen"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen"]--accent:#A97963; --speech:#D2A87E;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/bsnQxTP/gwen-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 0:17:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he takes a sip from his drink as she speaks. he held the bitter fruit taste on his tongue, savoring it, before swallowing. greyson keeps his eyes on hers, even when she avoids his.

"your dads a bodyguard too, then?"

greyson makes a sort of whistling sound in appreciation.

"that's awesome. i guess in a way, i followed mine as well. less impressive though, i think."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 1:06:12 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","gwen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Yeah, pretty good at it too."[break][break]

There's a sad sort of smile she cants her head to. It's been a long time now since she last saw him.[break][break]

"Any path is impressive, especially if it's something you enjoy."[break][break]

She lifts the glass to below her nose, inhaling thoughtfully. Not long after, she tastes a sip.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".gwen"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/bsnQxTP/gwen-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwen .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 2:14:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

the sadness in her smile isn't lost on him. he doesn't bring it up, letting the memory linger in private.

"are you working for someone now?"

another sip.
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 3:24:55 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[attr="class","gwen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

She lowers the glass, lingering on the bitterness of her sip. Her eyes dart up to meet his and for a brief moment there is indecision and unease. It disappears as quickly as it came, fleeting.[break][break]

"Not at the moment, no. I worked for a wealthy family in Kalos for a while, helping manage their estate. They didn't live there, it was more of a summer home, I feel. I decided to travel instead."[break][break]

It isn't entirely a lie, but it's not entirely the truth. She acts as if it had been a decision made easily, or something she'd planned. [break][break]

That was an exaggeration of the truth.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 17:47:52 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

the idea that someone likely had a large estate for use only during the summer was... uncomfortable. greyson couldn't imagine the wealth.

"and this was when you travelled to the other regions, then?"

something was off. was there something that made her uncomfortable, or bothered her about these questions? was she replying out of being polite?

hm.
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 22:15:25 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[attr="class","gwen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Yes! My line of work pays well, even for small gigs and such. It's rewarding work, truly."[break][break]

She smiles, and the discomfort fades. The questions don't really pry into why she left, which gave her no reason to lie. The truth sat heavily on her tongue and in her heart. That she'd left because had felt that staying with her family was too dangerous. Something had scared her enough to run away from home as a child, never to return home.[break][break]

"Have you traveled anywhere, Greyson?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 23:32:24 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"that's comforting to hear."

greyson smiles as he turns his head to the two pokemon playing in the hallway just in front of the door.

"is the ralts your primary partner, or?"

while powerful, it didn't exactly scream 'bodyguard material.'

he turns again when she asks a follow-up question.

"i... haven't. not yet. i want too, but i couldn't leave home for too long back then. now? i don't think i can step away from work, either."

close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 0:50:19 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[attr="class","gwen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Her gaze follows, and she laughs softly. With a gentle shake of her head, she aims to explain.[break][break]

"No, no.. my partner is Fleur- she's a Lopunny. I've had her ever since I was a little kid. She's sort of my bodyguard. She's just a bit.. intense, sometimes, so I don't often let her out when she's not needed. Loves her job too much sometimes, I guess."[break][break]

It's hard to explain for some reason that she's just a little bit scary to look at.[break][break]

"There's no rush to travel, you know. No obligation, either. That just means you must be an expert on all things Hoenn. Bonus for me."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 4:31:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson laughs at the idea of an overbearing lopunny. his eyes subconsciously fall onto the hovering comfey, the small fairy-type watching the two young pokemon in a motherly way. he whispers his next words, moving closer as he does.

"i know the feeling. don't get me started on ellie over there. she can be a real helicopter parent."

another chuckle releases, pushing air more than sound out of him. he can't help but notice how pleasant gwen smells this closely.

"bonus for you, eh?"

the pulled lips that turn into a smirk are covered by the round wine-glass as he sips another fruity swig. he twirls it in front of him, face very obviously contemplating sarcastically.

"i suppose you're in very good hands."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 5:14:08 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
Gwen's eyes widen in surprise as he shifts closer. It's then that she realizes how warm he is, and how warm her face has become.

To sit beside him was strangely overwhelming. Sitting on the bus with strangers, brushing elbows walking through busy streets, all of that had felt daunting after a life in a big empty estate.

But now, with his breathy laugh and easy, confident smile, she was starting to realize what exactly, she'd been missing.

The moment is stumbled over, however, by Gwen's awkwardness. There is a look in his eye and a smirk pressed to the lip of his glass that suggests she's said something with a double meaning. Flustered, she fights for an explanation, a correction, anything at all.

"I mean-- yes! ... No? Maybe? That isn't-- I didn't mean it like--"

What did she mean? What hadn't she meant? Why was she fumbling so much?

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 6:04:07 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson launches into an even louder laugh. the type that sends his head reeling backwards. so backwards, in fact, that his arm moves with him. and so does the wine. a portion of collides with the glasses edge and continues up and over, coming down in a splash on his chest.

the realization hits him at the same time, and he looks downwards, chin resting on his chest.

then he laughs again.

after a few moments, greyson wipes his eye of the tear that threatens to form.

"that was good."

his smile is bright, despite the spill.

"don't worry, don't worry! i'll treat you well. i'll be your number one tour guide!"
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
first date.
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 22:35:09 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
"Oh no! Be carefu--"

Ahe is too late, however, and Greyson bursts into laughter so powerful he spills his wine. It stains his shirt, dripping down his chest. But he laughs, and so she does in return.

"I'm sorry."

She blushes, smiling awkwardly before starting to stand. He needed a napkin or towel to blot it out, or to take it right into the wash.

"Well thats good! I look forward to more tours!"