2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 5:48:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

It was time for the next battle in this tournament!

Chu-e stood across the line from someone he hadn't met before. he thought the name on the card had been?

Usually he wasn't too keen on battles. After his loss last match, not too many of the crowd was that interested in him. That was okay, though! He was just here to have a good time and participate.

His Nidoking was tossed out, the shiny pokemon hitting the sand hard as he landed. Beast shook his head and growled, raring and eager to go.

- Chu-e is using his civilian name, Ji-Hoon Ki!
- Sent out Beast!

TCKNDPf1
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:01:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson gave his opponent a friendly wave. "ji-hoon... ki? right? i hope i'm saying that right." greyson blushed, rubbing the back of his head bashfully.

"anyways, let's have fun! and good luck!"

he tosses a ball in front of him- a rhyperior- who takes a readied stance. he gives the enemy nidoking a SCARY FACE, furrowing his thickly plated brow.

confident he's made an impression, tank holds two massive arms out in front of him, summoning dozens of tiny rocks from inside of his body and through the holes of his arms. in seconds, he's carrying a massive boulder easily the size of himself. with a grunt, he throws it, the ROCK WRECKER intended to deal heavy blunt force damage.

"nothing permanent tank, yeah? jeez."

405ndlxa

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:16:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Yeah! Good luck!" He gives a nod but then it's go time baby.

Beast huffs at the Scary Face. However, he also tilts his head and seems to give some type of approving nod and grumble. His Flattery was usually enough to confound his opponent a bit.

It didn't stop the boulder from doing a hellacious amount of damage. Beast didn't try and stop it, leaning over to brace himself. The boulder slams into him but he also grabs it; he's pushed back a few feet, leaving deep indent in the sand. There is a rev almost like an engine, the boulder shattering as Beast rams right through it. His Horn Drill shreds the rock yet he surges forward as well, intending to get in close and slam into the Rhyperior.

- Scary Face lowered speed!
- Beast used Flatter!
- Beast used Horn Drill!
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 21:28:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

nidoking's FLATTERY effects the rhyperior more than he thought it would. a flicker of irritation that rises into anger. the red and blinding kind that often leaves you CONFUSED. without a second thought, he charges forward.

the two creatures collide in an earth wavering challenge. the HORN DRILL from his opponent chipping into his thick, plated armor. but he doesn't take it lying down. tank's own massive horn begins to rotate rapidly into a DRILL RUN that meets his opponents. sparks fly and the sand vibrates noticeably.

still, his CONFUSED state of mind keeps tank's attention pre-occupied, and he finds himself too entranced to follow up with a second attack.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 5:01:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The meeting of titans is heralded with the sound similar to that of metal being stripped by force. It makes Chu-e wince from where he's standing, that and the sparks flying an interesting sight. He wonders how Beast will feel about this later.

Both of Beast's arms raised up and formed into fists. He struck out, hard, trying to both punch and shatter some of that hard plating while digging claws in to try and rip what he could off- A Chip Away Combo for this close combat and tight quarters.

- Beast is hit!
- Beast used Chip Away (Twice lol)
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 18:59:02 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

tank roars in white hot anger as the two collide. it devolves into gurgles of pure emotion when the CHIP AWAYS make contact. chunks of his plated exterior, noticeably around the shoulders and areas leading down to his chest, crack and break off.

he attacks with renewed fervor.

lifting both of his arms, he replicates the nidoking's attack. hands turn into heavy-handed fists that he brings down in dual succession atop the poison-type's shoulders, each one a HAMMER ARM carrying enough force to shatter boulders.

greyson watches the battle of giants from his side, whistling impressively.

notes + roll to see if he breaks confusion next round! (51-100)

sjnRm9xB
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 7:08:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e gave his own assenting hum as he watched the two titans clash. This one was pretty rough- but that was okay, he knew Beast could handle it.

The Nidoking gave a sharp cry at the dual attack, the earth shattering under his feet from the force. But he wasn't out yet, that only seeming to fuel his fury. His horn whirled to life again, head jerking down to try and get an easy Horn Drill to the face.

If that worked as a distraction, he then have two sharp kicks at other other pokemon's legs for a Double Kick. An attempt to knock him off balance.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 20:40:33 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

tanks weight shifts to compensate for the shattered earth beneath, bending his knees to attain center mass. as the nidoking roars, he too meets the challenge, throat vibrating with the authority of an alpha. he responds in kind, releasing his DRILL RUN to meet his opponents.

then, suddenly, he's forced down, the nidoking's drill piercing the armor around his shoulders and neck. chunks of thick, rocky plates crumble and fall into the sand. he roars in pain and anger. that anger seeps into him and he finds himself swinging wildly with his HAMMER ARM. it was unlikely to make contact in his CONFUSED state, but who knew?

"get up!" greyson yells encouragingly, but it falls on deaf ears.

KDkUTbJP
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 12:16:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
For the sake of battle, the Hammer Arm swings wide, only clipping Beast. It isn't enough for the Nidoking to stand down, using what advantage he can to slam another Double Kick. Kicking someone while they were down might be seen as a cheap tactic to some. To Beast, and by extension Chu-e, you just did what you could to win.

His horn started to glow once again, green this time, latent energy pouring into his Megahorn as he tried to bring it down on his enemy.

Chu-e whistled from the sidelines, following it with a clap to cheer his pokemon on.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 5:49:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

forced to his knees, he feels his armor crack further beneath another flutter of DOUBLE KICKS. desperation fuels his actions, and he slams the earth beneath him with both fists, pulsing an EARTHQUAKE out. he just needed to throw the nidoking onto its back foot.

it's not early enough to deflect his MEGAHORN, and it forces the rhyperior down even further. he screams in rage, and pain, blindly charging forth a DRILL RUN in retaliation.

D0Z9wu26
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 18:15:17 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Earthquake causes Beast to roar as he loses his footing. The Drill Run is on mark to absolutely fuck the Nidoking up.

Only it misses, the Rhyperior would lurch into dead air. Not because of true inaccuracy, but because Chu-e had called his pokemon back into the pokeball.

"I concede!" A hand raised up, he waves it to give the signal. This battle was a good one but in the end he was more worried his pokemon would suffer something permanent. It was a bad matchup. Yet, he had been pretty excited to see how long his pokemon would last.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 21:10:14 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"i-"

greyson's mouth opens in shock, and confusion. words die in his throat, though, they likely wouldn't have carried far ⁠— not with the rage filled screams of the rhyperior.

tank postured, slamming tree trunk sized legs into the broken earth beneath him, bellowing his anger. his opponent had been taken from him. he didn't appreciate that.

before he could cause an even greater calamity, greyson returns him to his orb.

"-is everything alright?"

qQlqwS4I
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 6:11:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Huh?" Chu-e, for his part, is totally unphased by the posturing. Maybe a little amused, if anything.

"Oh!" Chipper as ever, he claps his hands together and laughs loudly. "Yeah, everything's fine! Beast will keep fighting till he's dead if someone doesn't step in. He was in worse shape than he was acting." Trainer's intuition and all that.

"Are you okay?"

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 20:29:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson blinks, tendrils of rational thought, and understanding, worming their way through his mind. so caught up in the battle, he'd nearly forgotten it was a tournament —— for fun.

"yeah, we're alright. tank is... just upset when he can't finish what he started."

he is too, admittedly; a hard habit to break.

"that was a good fight."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Chu-e vs Greyson (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 0:51:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Thanks!" Circling around the field, Chu-e offers his hand to to shake when close enough. Gotta be a good sport and all that. "Your pokemon is really strong! It was a lot of fun. Maybe sometime we could meet up again? Not too many people want to let their pokemon go stupid and it makes it hard to train. I'd love to go against you in a less..."

He motions around him vaguely, at the crowd of people and general packed bodies of the beach.

"Crowded area."