he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 22:21:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Not one to let a single loss deter him, Hideo was at the arena for his next battle, his Rotomdex floating beside him. Once again, he didn't know anything about his next opponent, but once again, he would battle them as best he could.

He let out his next Pokemon of choice: a Crabominable.  The large Pokemon landed with about as much grace as a 400-pound crab could land with, his fists imprinting the sand.  He punched the air a few times - warming himself up - before waiting for their opponent.

Maybe it was a little cruel to make an furry ice-type Pokemon fight in the near-summer heat. But it wasn't like he was going to melt in it.  And in fact, the Crabominable looked downright delighted to be out and ready to battle.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 20:31:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What the hell was this thing?

Lulu eyeballed it: a crab of some sort, with especially menacing… paws? She wasn’t entirely sure, but by the look of its beating fists, it was ready for a dual.

Knowing it would enjoy this type of opponent, Lulu decided on a Hitmonchan she’d recently acquired.

“Ready?”

She eyed back at the boy, unsure. Was this kid blind?

Hitmonchan eyed the Crabominable to DETECT its coming move.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 1:13:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yup!” He was ever-eager to battle, caring not if his opponents knew if he was blind or not. Just as long as they didn’t hold back against him because of that.

With the battle officially started, his Rotomdex did a brief scan of their opponent. “It’s a Hitmonchan, and he ain’t got anything special, so go nuts.” Helpful advice as always, but Hideo had one of his own, so he had a good idea of what they were capable of.

And it didn’t sound like his opponent claimed the first move, so…

Crab!” Hideo ordered - his creativity with names shining bright. “Get in there and start with an opener!” A vague command that fortunately, the Crabominable understood, eagerly approaching the Hitmonchan and aiming to deliver a Power-up Punch.

Crabominable used Power-up Punch

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 10:02:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
’Crab.’ Solid name—more solid than most, even.

Lulu eyed the Rotom across the field briefly with veiled contempt. Then, Crab was coming in for a hard hit. While the pokemon’s POWER-UP PUNCH was enough to send it back a bit in the sand, Hitmonchan’s previous DETECT allowed it to predict the hit in time to throw its gloves up in a QUICK GUARD.

“That’s it! Keep it close, now!”

With its opponent now in range, more punches were returned in CLOSE COMBAT, coming hard from both directions.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 14:54:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It wasn’t a solid hit,” the Rotomdex said, “but a hit’s a hit.” After all, that attack was more than just to deal damage; Crab’s arms grew ever so slightly in mass, empowered by his own attack.

But soon, came their opponent’s riposte. Crab put his arms up as he tried to prevent the flurry of blows from hitting anything important, his body toughening from his Iron Defense. “That’s some Close Combat right there,” the Rotomdex added. “Pun fully intended. At least Crab has a good defense.

Yeah, yeah,” Hideo said, waving his Rotomdex off before shouting another order. “Crab, don’t just block! Attack back!” Not that Crab intended to just block attacks; he take a swing at the Hitmonchan, his fist glowing white with an Ice Punch.

Crabominable was hit by Close Combat, but used Iron Defense to toughen up.
Crabominable used Ice Punch

Power-up Punch uses:  1
Iron Defense uses:  1

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 21:20:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The crab’s exterior gave it its own guard. The Hitmonchan’s gloves found hard, unyielding surface with each strike. In the end, it seemed not so effective. They’d have to hit it even harder, and maybe catch it off-guard.

At a close vicinity, an incoming ICE PUNCH caused Lulu’s Hitmonchan to lunge backwards—an attempt to dodge, but the punch from the opponent hit one shoulder, causing it to freeze instantly and knocking it into the sand with a weighted thud.

Lulu glanced at her grounded pokemon, and then back to Hideo. “Does your Rotom help you?” she called over unabashedly. It was unclear from a distance.

“Get up! Use it to your advantage!”

The frozen arm was hoisted up with a pinched face, but once balanced, it was swung—a FAKE OUT, followed with a true punch from its working limb.

If it hit, the FROZEN fist would come up again, steel energy of a BULLET PUNCH breaking apart ice as it launched in rhythmic assault.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 0:24:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Nice hit!” the Rotomdex commented, “He even froze the Hitmonchan!

Hideo raised an eyebrow, surprised. “Wait, really?” A small burst of excitement reached his heart; freezing his opponent this soon would’ve pretty much set the match for him.

Wellllll, just one of his hands. But that’s still pretty good!” And that excitement dampened, but was still running through him. A hit was a hit, especially if it limited his opponent, even if just a little.

Though it sounded like his opposing trainer had a concern. “Oh, don’t worry!” his Rotomdex answered, waving one of its "arms", “Hideo here’s blind, so I’m just seeing stuff for him! We made sure I’m allowed to help him, so it’s alright!” Hideo gave a thumbs-up, confirmed it spoke the truth.

So with that explanation out of the way, time to take advantage of the situation. “Crab, go for a big hit!” The Crabominable happily went for it, aiming to deliver a devastating Dynamic Punch, his massive fist rapidly approaching...

But the Hitomonchan struck first, the Fake-out hitting Crab right in the chest. He was pushed back, unable to complete his attack - and fully vulnerable to the follow-up Bullet Punch.

Oh my Arceus, that’s a turnaround!” the Rotomdex exclaimed, “He Faked-Out Crab and punched him with that frozen fist!

Dang it! Crab, hit him back!” But to his misfortune, Crab was too busy trying to reorient himself.

Crabominable was hit by Fake Out.
Crabominable was hit by Bullet Punch
Crabominable flinched
-inflict or sustain a flinch condition fulfilled

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 22:06:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Having a conversation with a Rotom was unsettling, but Hideo’s finalizing thumbs-up was amusing enough to brush off the experience.

“Not worried about it, kiddo! Just curious.”

Lulu had little experience with children, but in the midst of competition, a purer spirit was brought out for the whole world. Would she speak to one in such a way any other time? Probably not. She was a glum glum.

With the ghost-dex around, there was no need for a commentator. Its voice grated.

The Crabominable flinched, stalling in the sand, and the Hitmonchan wasted no time in capitalizing on the moment.

“Good! Stay on it!”

But as the words left its trainer’s mouth, it had already closed the little distance, hoisting its steadily melting arm of ice up near its face, while taking singular jabs in CLOSE COMBAT, doing the best it could with what it had.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 1:30:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Well, didn’t sound like she was too concerned about Hideo’s blindness being stated. She didn’t make a big deal out of it, and it didn’t seem like she was going easy on him for it. The best possible reaction that Hideo wanted.

Crab was able to collect himself, just in time to pull his arms up as the Hitomonchan laid in another assault. Fists coming from many directions, he did his best to keep his face safe - though the rest of his body wasn’t so lucky.

Hideo didn’t need his Rotomdex to tell him Crab was under assault again. “Crab, bury him!” he shouted.

It wouldn’t be immediately apparent what Crab was doing, apart from his body glowing while he was being pushed back by the Hitomonchan’s assault. It’d be up to the opposing trainer to notice the massive cloud appearing above the two Pokemon - and Crab was leading his opponent right under it. In a quick moment, the chunks of ice his Avalanche produced would come storming down.

Crabominable was hit by Close Combat
Crabominable tried to lead the Hitmonchan under an Avalanche

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 22:43:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
There was an almost approving smirk in response to the boy’s command, taking control without the Rotom’s assistance. It wouldn’t be mentioned.

As the AVALANCHE stacked over her pokemon, Lulu didn’t immediately say anything. The Hitmonchan went in closer still, focused on its opponent and not its surroundings. Finally, she took the lead.

QUICK GUARD, OVERHEAD.”

Gloves came up, plates of bright energy pushing around the top of itself to shield it from the falling ice, allowing an opening to its torso as it did.

“Stay alert!”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 23:28:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Just a little longer. Hide could barely hear the hail start to fall. Aaaaand-

Dang it, she noticed. He could hear the Avalanche breaking against the Quick Guard. That was the last trick he had up his sleeve, and he was pretty sure Crab was worn down by now. He had to think of something, fast.

"He's open!" his Rotomdex shouted - failing to realize it may have tipped their opponent off in the process. "Now's your chance, Hideo!"

He wouldn't waste it. "Crab, hit him hard!"

His Crabominable was tired - his breathing was getting heavy, his arms unsteady - but he wouldn't miss this chance. He rushed right in, aiming a Dynamic Punch straight at the Hitmonchan's exposed chest.

Crabominable used Dynamic Punch

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 0:04:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Crabominable’s DYNAMIC PUNCH hit true, knocking the breath out of its opponent and spiking it straight to the ground. The spokes of its head dug into the sand, and it FLINCHED.

Lulu smiled from across the field, impressed with their quickness to take the opening.

Her smile turned a little when she realized the Hitmonchan was stuck in the sand. It struggled a bit weakly, wind still knocked out of it.

“That’s no good.”

“Get up! Shake it off!” Literally.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 1:23:25 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could hear the impact from where he stood. Crab finally got a solid hit, and it sounded like the Hitmonchan went down hard.

But from the sound of his opponent, down didn’t mean out. On one hand, Hideo felt bad going after a downed opponent. But on the other hand, he could hear Crab’s heavy breathing. This was the best shot he had to win this. “Crab, get in there and knock him out!

Crab had let his arms down for a moment to rest, but raised them back up the moment he was ordered. He lumbered towards the downed Hitmonchan, taking in a breath as his fist glowed bright, going in for one more Ice Punch.

Crabominable used Ice Punch

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,490 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 3:32:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Hitmonchan continued to struggle in the sediment, spitting sand and letting out grunts of frustration. Eventually, it was able to free itself—but not very it was dangerously in range of a devastating blow.

Lulu caught the sight of the fist glowing before her pokemon, and yelled, “Watch out!”

Another QUICK GUARD made it just in time to absorb the blow—partly. It had been of bit short of where it needed to be, and yet again, the Hitmonchan found itself frozen by ICE PUNCH; this time part of the way up the leg. It was almost too heavy to move, weighing the fighter down in its spot.

“Shit.”

Yet again, it struggled against its bonds, eyeing the foe to DETECT any oncoming attack.

“Keep an eye on it. Try hitting the ice!”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Lulu (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 23:19:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was another hit, but it didn't sound like a solid one. The Crabominable couldn't get a solid hit, but it still made contact. "Crab froze one of the Hitmonchan's legs!" the Rotomdex announced, "We're so close, Hideo! We gotta get this before Crab passes out!"

Hideo nodded, though he was a little reluctant; he was now more aware that Crab was pretty much on his last legs, taking a breather after that last hit. That Hitmonchan still hadn't gone down; this next hit had to do it.

"Crab!" Hideo shouted, "Just one more punch! You can do it!"

The weary took in a few more breaths, raising his arms up one more time. He took another swing, putting the rest of his strength into one last Dynamic Punch to knock out his opponent.

(A very tired) Crabominable used Dynamic Punch

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven