he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 15:07:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was quite busy today, battling for the Star Tournament every chance he could get. He would take a break every now and then - to let himself rest and to get his Pokemon healed up - but he wasn't showing signs of stopping anytime soon.

The next opponent he'd been paired up with was Razz Kingsman. His sister told him she'd heard rumors that this guy was a pretty strong trainer, so Hideo chose a strong Pokemon for this fight: his Hitmonchan.

Hideo entered the arena, his Hitmonchan already out and taking his spot in the arena. Behind the boy floated a yellow Rotomdex, its digital face looking straight at their opponent, ready to help its trainer in the upcoming battle.

Something it was getting better at with each battle, in fear of 's wrath.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 1:02:33 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Another day and again his dispatcher was telling him that there wasn’t anything to do. Honestly if this H✩T Event wasn’t going on he;d be a bit more bothered with nothing to do. Ah well at least most of his pokemon were having fun with this even if this wasn’t his kind of thing. Regular pokemon battles just didn’t hold interest for him, but his pokemon? Most of them were trilled for the less stressful action. Seeing as most of his pokemon were enjoying themselves Razz decides to bring in someone new, his Hawlucha. [break][break]

He had a talk with it before the match and well at least he didn’t disagree with the match. Salem looks to his trainer seeming to ask if it were really okay to use Night. ”They might not like me, but maybe some battles he’ll enjoy,” he comments as the Hawlucha punched the air waiting for ref to start the fight. That’s when Razz looks to their opponent, easily noting the way their eyes were closed and even when he was told this Hideo kid was his opponent, the rumor of their being blind seemed to hold true. [break][break]

”Uhhh good luck to you, care for the first move?” maybe it was a bit of pity why he was offering it seeing as to the other’s age and disability but Hawlucha screams back seeming to not want any of that. As soon as the ref whistles Night is quick to move with an AERIAL ACE without an order from Razz. This was a battle of equal fighters not pity. [break][break]

”Sorry about him”

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle
[break]+ Hawlucha uses AERIAL ACE

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 23:31:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn't immediately tell what Pokemon his opponent was using. Fortunately, that's what he had his Rotomdex for. "It's a Hawlucha," his Rotomdex said, "Not the best matchup for your Hitmonchan. It's close ranged and fighting-type too, but it's part flying."

"So we gotta be careful." Fortunately, his opponent was giving them the first move. "Sure we'll take it! Chan, go-"

But before he could finish the order, he heard their opponent's Pokemon jump to the air - then go straight down towards his Hitmonchan. Hideo was fortunate his Pokemon knew to protect himself, guarding against the attack with his arms. A hit, but not a solid one.

Hideo didn't actually know if it was Razz's Pokemon taking the initiative, or if it was an intentional attempt to make him lower his guard. He'd give Razz the benefit of the doubt this time.

"That's alright-"

In part, because he knew how his Hitmonchan would respond: going for a solid Counter-attack against the Hawlucha.

"-we can handle it~"

Hitmonchan was hit by Aerial Ace
Hitmonchan used Counter in response

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 18:53:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

DETECTING the counter coming, Hawlucha brought up his arms to block the blow rather than completely dodge it. There was aggression there and the wrestling pokemon planed on taking it out in this battle. With the counter done the bird's hands glow purple as it would go in for a series of POISON JABS at his fellow fighting type. [break][break]

Salem seems to ask his trainer something, signing his words for Razz to fully understand. "He'll be fine..." he's being hopeful before he goes a bit louder for the other, "Again sorry for his aggression, I'm hoping these battles will help mellow him a bit."

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle
[break]+ Hawlucha used DETECT to block Counter
[break]+ Hawlucha used POISON JAB

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 15:13:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Chan wasn’t deterred by his Counter being blocked. He immediately noticed the Hawlucha’s hands glow purple, and was ready to defend the only way he knew how: with more attacks. He matched as many jabs as he could with Mach Punches, his fists colliding with his opponent’s. A few punches landed on Chan, but none hit hard enough to poison.

He wouldn’t let them go unpunished, aiming a solid Power-up Punch for the Hawlucha’s body.

That’s alright!” Hideo shouted back, “I got a few Pokemon of my own that’re like that. Chan here’s been itching for a good fight for a while, and this tournament has been great for Pokemon like him!

As great as Chan was for fighting, he wasn’t really that good for much else (except maybe carrying stuff around, but Hideo had other Pokemon for that too), so Hideo hadn’t used him much ‘til now. “Also been a while since I battled other trainers, so this’s been a great refresher!

Hitmonchan deflects a few Poison Jabs with Mach Punches, but takes a few hits.  He is not poisoned.
Hitmonchan used Power-up Punch

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 1:49:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

He can’t help but disagree with the other about knowing what it was like considering where his Halucha came from, but he is thankful for the attempt at understanding. The wrestling pokemon takes the hit of the power up punch and is knocked back. Rather than faltering, Hawlucha opens up his wings to allow the wind to pick him up and bring him up into the sky. Once he finds himself over the Hitmoncham the bird would start coming down to use FLYING PRESS on their opponent. [break][break]

“Been awhile? What do you do that requires more nontraditional battles?” he can’t help but question, figuring why not get to know the kid since Night wasn’t going to be listening to him. Besides he’s hsure he’s heard this kid’s name before from once.

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 18:16:33 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Chan looked up, watching as the Hawlucha took to the air, and rapidly came back down. His opponent slammed right into him, his arms barely blocking the force of the impact. It was a heavy hit - unexpectedly so. But he would respond with similar force, one fist coming in fast with a Counter-attack.

Oh, a lot of stuff. Battling and catching wild Pokemon, and having my Pokemon help out with jobs. I’ve even done stuff like tracking down a thief and helping take care of newborn Pokemon. Honestly, battling trainers is something I’ve barely been doing ‘till now.” He’d gotten a bit rusty at it, but he could feel himself getting the hang of it again.

Like, even my first badge wasn’t even a straight fight. Me and my Pokemon had to sneak around like it was a base and I had to ‘assassinate’ the leader.” He made sure to raise and hand and flex his index and middle finger - so his opponent would be sure it wasn’t a real killing.

Hitmonchan was hit by the Flying Press
Hitmonchan used Counter

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 10:17:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

When the counter attack hit the wrestling pokemon was knocked back. His feet dragged on the ground from the braced impact, but the look in his eyes made it clear they had no intention of giving up so easily. Didn’t really help the young man that Hawlucha was resistant to fighting type moves. His body begins to glow in a redish aura as he begins a series of strikes at the Hitmonchamp with his FRUSTRATION. [break][break]

Razz can’t help but blink at the young man as he lists off the things he’s done. “Impressive, though what kind of gym has you trying to ‘assassinate’ someone?” His tone is full of concern about that. Hoenn had weird gym rituals.

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 23:19:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Though the Counter made a solid hit, his opponent wasn't slowing down. Chan bobbed and weaved around some of the Hawlucha's strikes, but a few still found their mark, and the assault was pushing him back.

But Chan wasn't going to take those attacks lying down. Aided by his Keen Eye, he looked for openings in his opponent's assault. And when the opportunities arose, he'd take them with a Drain Punch, his fists glowing bright and coming quick.

"It was the Honor Badge gym over in Mauville. The nontraditional test had us sneak around a set-up base and try to assassinate the 'boss'."

It took him a moment to remember the spiel gave him when he earned it. "It's supposed to be about being in a tough situation and knowing how to make the right call, even at a moment's notice."

He grinned "Of course, I don't plan on ever needing to assassinate someone, but I was able to prove I could think well under pressure. Pluuuuus I did beat the gym leader in an actual battle in this tournament, so there's that!"

Hopefully, Doug wasn't watching this battle too. Hideo didn't want to embarrass him.

Hitmonchan was hit by Frustration
Hitmonchan used Drain Punch

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 10:12:45 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

While Razz listens intensely about the other and their endeavor about having to do a mission as if to take someone out he isn't sure how to feel about it. He recalls the Gym Leader once from the time they met with the Wailmer. But for the teen to be like 'pretend to go murder someone' felt wrong in many ways. Though perhaps it was because he was comparing it too much to what he's gone through as a kid. Though his exercises were far more real. Guess it was a good thing the kid was blind because then he couldn't really question the look of disapproval on his face. [break][break]

"Sounds challenging and stressful, but guess you made it out in the end," he comments trying to not be too bothered by it. Though he supposes with the craziness that was Hoenn maybe learning rough situations was the way to go. [break][break]

It may certainly help out the Machamp right now as Night takes the DRAIN PUNCH. It felt woozy with the way it could feel his energy drained, but this was not enough to satisfy the Hawlucha. It had too much aggression it wanted to take out as once more it would go in for a POISON JAB. Hoping this time since it was trying to drain from him the Poison would sink in better this time around.

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle
[break]+ Hawlucha is hit by DRAIN PUNCH
[break]+ Hawlucha uses POISON JAB

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 20:02:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
For Hideo, it wasn’t that much different from a game; he’d taken it seriously enough that he put all his effort into it - he wanted that badge - but he was well aware it wasn’t a real killing. He made sure not to seriously hurt anyone involved.

That part about sending the flag through the windshield of that driving car was a complete accident; it was only supposed to land in front of the car. And the car stopped before it crashed, so all was good.

Yeah, it was a tough challenge,” Hideo said, “I’d be surprised if it wasn’t. It started off pretty easy at first, but once I was close to where the boss was, it got tough.” Surrounded on all sides, having to get his Grapploct to sneak in and fight off that Arcanine - it got pretty close. One misstep at that point would’ve ruined the “mission”.

Chan could feel some energy flow into him as his Drain Punch connected. It wasn’t much, but it would help.

Unfortunately, the punch’s work was immediately undone by another set of Poison Jabs from his opponent. One managed to get a solid hit on him - enough to let the poison settle in Chan’s body. As if he wasn’t already hurting; now he had that to worry about.

It just meant he had to go in hard. He took another shot at the Hawlucha, going in for another Power-up Punch to his opponent’s face.

Hitmonchan was hit by Poison Jab
Hitmonchan was Poisoned
Hitmonchan used Power-up Punch

Hitomonchan is poisoned.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 11:49:21 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“No doubt in that, hunting like that is a hard job, though I suppose it can get you ready for later adventures, I’ve done a few things like that with the Rangers when it comes to dealing with poachers,” he shares. He still doesn’t approve of a kid learning this stuff, but he may as well inform how other situations it could help in. [break][break]

For the first time since before the battle started Night seems to smirk. Almost seeming to enjoy the battle. Almost. With them being in such close range it was hard to avoid the POWER UP PUNCH that came at them. Though with being knocked back it allows Hawlucha the chance to fly up once more before performing AERIAL ACE to strike.

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 18:54:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo kept a stiff upper-lip, even if Razz mentioning hunting evoked some bad memories. The last time he went hunting for a Pokemon didn’t go too well. Nobody died, thank goodness, but he’d already had a few nightmares about what happened that day. He could still remember the smell of that corpse pile sometimes.

Yeah, it helps to know how to track down Pokemon,” Hideo said, trying to push those memories from his mind. “Don’t think I’ll ever ‘hunt’ poachers, but knowing how to find a Pokemon is always useful.” Though he’d most likely just use his Lycanroc to do that for him - his Odor Sleuth was great for finding Pokemon.

Back to the battle, Chan was doing his hardest to hang in there - but his stamina was reaching its limit, his body trembling. Though his previous attack empowered him, power alone wasn’t going to help him here. But he wouldn’t go without a fight.

That Aerial Ace hit him hard, pushing him to the brink - and he was going to use that hit to empower his own, going for one more Counter to the Hawlucha’s face.

Hitmonchan was hit by Aerial Ace
Hitmonchan used Counter

Hitomonchan is poisoned.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 11:47:00 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Part of him wants to ask just how informative it was considering they were blind. Though if they’ve gotten through this far, clearly they had something good working out. “It's a nice skill, hopefully you won’t ever have to use it for a poacher, and you can just do more things like battles,” it was safer that way. [break][break]

With the counter hitting him once more Hawlucha is sent back in pain. Though the smile doesn’t leave. The fun is finally there and he doesn’t intend to lose it. This was going to end soon, either for himself or the Hitmoncham. Though Night had all intentions to make sure it wasn’t ending for him. [break][break]

With one final pose the Hawlucha takes into the air before going in for a FLYING PRESS.

[break][break]

+ // {H✩T} Battle

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Razz (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 23:14:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Chan did his best to face the Flying Press head on, but his strength failed him. Had he been a smaller Pokemon, that Flying Press would've literally flattened him. But to his fortune(?), it merely knocked him to the ground.

He tried to stand up, using a trembling fist to push himself, but that poison running through him drained what little strength he had left, landing right back into the ground face-first.

"That's it for Chan over there," the Rotomdex said, "He did pretty well, but not a lot he could do against something like a Hawlucha."

"Figured as much." Hideo took his Hitomonchan’s Pokeball out, pressing the button to bring his Pokemon back to safety. “Looks like the win’s yours, Mr. Kingsman.” Seemed like the rumors about Razz were true - not that Hideo had reason to doubt them.

His Rotomdex took that as its cue to start leading Hideo away - they had more matches to go to, after all. But Hideo made sure to wave to Razz before he left. “Good luck with the rest of your matches, Mr. Kingsman!

Hitmonchan was hit by Flying Press
Hitmonchan fainted